Old 03-19-2006, 08:05 AM   #451  

I don't have a clue what is going on with my body, but I've stuck strickly to my diet and calories, Tuesday I weighed 162.5, then Saturday I weighed 164. I guess the body can really do some wacky stuff. If I'd cheated in any way I'd think that was it, but my calories have been straight on at 1400 or less.

Maybe the stress of all I'm going through with my dad is getting to me. So I'll just have to keep plugging away at it, and recognize it for just what it is the crazy body doing its thing.
quiltmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #452  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

I'm really sorry Quiltmama. If you're doing what you're supposed to, then don't get upset about it. Could be water weight from a saltier food or on Tuesday you could have been dehydrated. Either way, you know that you're doing what is good for you so don't get discouraged.

Your dilemma is the reason I decided not to weigh at all now that I'm back on track. My moods for the day were dictated by the dumb scale, so I gave my scale to my son's GF and it's in their bathroom. I could mosey down the hallway to weigh, but I'd never do that. I'm using clothes as a marker and hope to lose that way. Right now my jeans are a little snug so I'm aiming for comfy and roomy. After that the next goal will be to get into my smaller jeans.

I'm really hoping this way of dieting will set me free from the dieting yo-yos. Sure can't hurt since the scale was dictating my life.

We went for a walk on the mountain road. 1.1 miles up (seemed more like 5 miles) and 1.1 miles down (seemed like .5 miles). The dogs loved it and are really calm right now. That's a really nice side effect of letting them run free on the mountian.

Food is still going good. I think I am really motivated now. I'm looking forward to comfy roomy jeans. Just a few weeks away. YEAH!!!

Well, have a good rest of the weekend.

Judy and Carol, I hope you're both doing great.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #453  

thanks Marie for the vote of confidence, I agree with you, it is not something I'm going to let get to me. I'll just go along same as before and evantually it will shift downward. I'm going to do the weekly presentation to my TOPS group on Tuesday night. It is basically about calories and what the body uses per what the person weights and how the body adjust as it decreases. It is lengthy but I'm not going to do all of the pages. I figured I'd give everyone a handout and then they could read at their own leisure.

I hate the scales and would rather by clothes too, but since I joined TOPS I know I will weigh in once a week with them so I weight in the morning of the same day. I'm looking for a good week this week, at least food wise, if not weight wise.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:58 AM   #454  
Lifelong Journey Member

Quiltmama, I hope the dreaded scale does what it should at the weigh in. I know that if I joined TOPS or WW they would make me weigh in. But since I'm trying on my own, I'm going for the markers that tell me when I'm fat - tight jeans. Anyway, something new and maybe it'll work for me. Good luck on Tuesday.

I have today off with nothing planned. I finally finished my sister's birthday present (I knitted her a sweater) yesterday and plan to bring it to the post office. I live in a tiny town with a tiny store (and post office). When I go to the PO I think I will stop and buy a fountain drink. I love Diet Pepsi from the fountain dispenser. Much better than bottles or cans. So that's my big adventure for the day. I'm also going to start a new project knitting or drawing. I haven't decided which (or both). But I will be good and eat healthy!!!! And I will walk 3 miles. BTW, I'm up to 131.2 miles since 1/12/06. That's $131.20 I have earned/saved from my new big screen LCD projector. Only about 700 more miles to go. Wow, now that seems like a long way to go. Bummer. But I'll make it.

Talk to you later.
Marie
Old 03-20-2006, 11:16 AM   #455  

Marie your walking is inspirational, I've not found my mojo yet for exercise, but when I do it will be walking. I've gotten gotten some motivation, this morning I'm working on a flag my brother has asked me to make for him and his unit for their chow hall in Iraq, but I'm also starting a quilt for one of my brother's boys.

Admitly, I've been in a real slump for a couple of months. Too much stuff hitting at once. I do know what you mean about the clothes telling the real story. I have my goal set at 140 lbs, but 145 may be more realistic, but I'll see. I have all of my clothes from 2 years ago, so I'll know as I get there. I've got a few that I can wear now and they will get me through the next couple of months until I can squeeze into some more. Little bit by little bit.

I'll let you know tomorrow night, if I get emotionally devasted. Yikes, I hope to see some lose but I'm prepared if I don't, I THINK!

Oh yeah, I live in a small town too, in fact, you don't even get to blink if you drive through it. We do have a post office, very small, but very nice folks.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:48 AM   #456  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi, I'm back, having a crazy day, but relieved that I got through last week week without flipping out and ordering a pizza and a pitcher of beer! I only have a minute, but I wanted to check in and say hey, I haven't disappeared.

Quiltmama and Marie, it sounds as if we could all use some help thinking of positive motivation that we have conrol over and makes us feel good even when the progress is slow.

More on this later. Be well--judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:07 PM   #457  
JULS,DOWNUNDER

S/C/G: 90kgs/75kgs/68kgs

Red face Hey Guys I,m Back Scared Yet

G,DAY TIRED, how are you , bet you don,t remember me it,s JULIE , I,m living, just rejoined now JULS,DOWNUNDER , I have realllly missed you guys I see alot of new names here, guess I,ve been gone for awhile, hey is roll still about, how are your boys, how is life treating you in general. Are you remembering your you time hope so, I,ve skimmed over a few post,s so many of them, catch me up with all your news, I see you are all doing well with your weight losses and sticking to your healthy eating plan,s remember there is no such thing as a diet only a change in life choices well that,s about it for me , bye for now my s take care BLESSED BE JULIE
JULS,DOWNUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #458  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Julie, it's great to meet you!!! Wow, you've done great losing kgs (I hate to say it, but I have no idea of the conversion, but I do know that 15 kgs is a lott). Way to go!!! Got to admit, we haven't seen tiredoffat in a while. She's been struggling with all the pressures of work and family. We keep hopeing she'll come back. I sure hope you come back often. Share what you're doing to lose so much.

I walked today, watched NASCAR and knitted DGS a baby blanket. Now I'm trying to decide what to do. I think I might draw for a while.

Judy, hold on to the good track through the crazy. Day be proud that you didn't order the pizza and beer.

Quiltmama, I love living in the middle of nowhere. The internet made it so I don't miss shopping. I have property around me so I can just be outside. It's pretty cool.

Well, time do do other things. Talk to you later.
Marie
Old 03-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #459  
JULS,DOWNUNDER

Thumbs up Thanks So Much For The Welcome Marie

Nice to meet you too I,m not too good at working out kgs and lbs either but I think 15kgs is around 32lb wow it looks great either way, I don,t have a secret or a set plan first I just started to watch my portion size, cut that by half piled the plate with lots of yummy vegies instead, started using low fat sauces and gravies, started eating more fruit, OHHHH AND CUT WAY BACK ON POTATO CHIPS S FOOD that was really hard as I love them, I still have them from time to time but now I make my own I finely slice a sweet potato lay the slices out on a baking tray spray with a fine mist of canola oil and bake until crisp, hubby even likes them. I,m looking forward to meeting each and everyone of you, I have been reading some of the posts and you all sound like lovely people, you all seem to have hit a few bumps along the way and had a few curves thrown at you , but you all seem to be doing fine and rising above it, and your all still here , I always like to remember, you may slip today but tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes in it. Well I have to go should be studying thought I would take a break brain needs a rest now and then at 48 BYE FOR NOW, BLESSED BE.. JULIE
Old 03-20-2006, 10:56 PM   #460  

Good out look, Juls, but I know we are hoping for no slips, love the sweet potato chip idea, have you figured out how many calories they are?

I eat the soy ranch and BBQ chips, I've gotten where I like them so much that if I taste a regular chip they taste funny. My biggie is cookies and chocolate. But now I've discovered sugarless chocolate and other such goodies, and a treat of them on occasion is not too bad. I'm trying to hang out with good food and hope healthy rubs off.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #461  
JULS,DOWNUNDER

Hi guys just a quick check in , quiltmamathe calories for the sweet potato chips would be around the 150 mark for a medium sized sweet potato , around about the same if you did it with a normal potato just a bit higher in GI and carbs by using a fine spray off canola oil there is about less than a gram of fat, well I,ve had know brekki off for a blood test this morning, but have put an apple and a muesli bar in my bag for later, hope everyone has a great day BYE FOR NOW BLESSED BE....JULIE
Old 03-21-2006, 08:41 PM   #462  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, not in a very good mood - not a bad one either. Just blah and not too chatty. I will chat with you all tomorrow when hopefully the blahs will have lifted. I just wanted to say hi.
Marie
Old 03-22-2006, 05:23 AM   #463  
JULS,DOWNUNDER

Hi guys just a quick check in not a bad day eating ways kept to my 1200 cals, sorry you feel yuk Marie hope your feeling better tomorrow, I get like that too at times nothing much is happening just don,t feel like talking, chin up and take care, BYE FOR NOW, BLESSED BE....JULIE
Old 03-22-2006, 07:11 AM   #464  

Juls what do you bake them at.

Marie sorry you have the blahs, but I understand all too well and some days feel the same.

The scales are driving me crazy! Last week my scale said I lost 2.5 pounds. The tops scale which normally shows 1 pound less than what my scale says, said I lost 1.25. This week my scale said I lost 1/2 pound, their scale said I lost 2.75. I'm not so sure about the weighing ladies. LOL

But I count what my scale says, and pretty much ignore theirs. So overall I lost and that is what counts to me. A little bit less of me each week. I did a presentation on dieting using calorie counting method and lots of imput from the book Calorie queens.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #465  
Lifelong Journey Member

Quiltmama, scales are evil, that's all there's too it. Also, aren't you going to TOPS in the evening? That's definitely not a good time to weigh. Everything you've ate and drank is weighing you down (or if you're like me drinking tea, it's a diaretic). Weigh first thing in the morning after using the facilities, and that will be your most consistent weight.

But regardless, WTG on the weight loss. You're doing great.

Jules, I still have the blahs, but I think it's due to work and not wanting to be here. I will make it the next three days, then it's spring vacation for a week. A week to mosey around my house. I'm really looking forward to that.

I didn't exercise yesterday and don't feel guilty about it. Tonight I will walk even if I don't want to. Two days of being a slug would be bad for me.
Marie