Old 10-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #1861  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Zoey!

Zoey! YOUR'E the newbie I was thinking of. Thanks for popping in at the right time. You're added to my PIC list and I won't forget ya now. I don't WANT to be the president of the arthritis club. This is new to me. I'm not sure what has done the trick, whether the sprain has healed, the medicine HE put me on has helped, the Glucosomine/Chondroitin has started working or a combination of all or any of the above has helped. But it's remarkably better . I'm not ready to start jumping or jogging on it, but thank goodness it IS better.

Okay, with Zoey added, have I missed anyone?
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 12:03 PM   #1862  

Good morning everyone! I'm going to be good today! So I had my cheat day one day early. I just went a little over 2000 calories for the day so its not THAT bad. I aim for around 1600 a day.

My husband had a doctor come over to the house today because he's trying to take out life insurance policy on me. I just feel like I KNOW they're going to say NO just by looking at my weight. I hate these kinds of tests because they only look at your weight not your activity level or lifestyle.

Thanks everyone for the support!!

BWT what does OP mean?
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 12:09 PM   #1863  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face I'll get that...

OP means "On Program" or "On Plan" it means staying within the guidelines of what ever program or plan you're using. In other words, "being good."

Have a great day. And I know what you mean about health care only looking at a number on a scale. I'm pretty darn healthy for someone of my age and weight. I've beaten Diabetes and MS (so far) my blood pressures are excellent and I think I can improve in a lot of areas, but hey, I'm trying.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:33 PM   #1864  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

HEY PIC'S..

hit a nice yard sale today and found some size 16 jeans (saving those)A beautiful white crochet afgan and some really nice sweaters & sweat pants, a nice fleece jacket.. OH and boy did this make me mad .. they had a brand new Gazelle for 5 bucks!!!! geez wish i had waited.. but if i had not bought mine i prob wouldnt be seeing them all over for sale cheap... lol

workin on making some split pea soup, made with turkey bacon..

spotted the wild siamese outside and treated it to a can of cat food.. (i leave dry food for it all the time) figured the stray could be inculded in mallie's welcome home party..
the siamese is so funny i feel like it is watchin me everytime i go outside.. lol

count me in for the arthritis club, when i had my back surgery the dr said he had never in all his yrs seen a 40 yr old with so much arthritis in their spine... but he removed a lot of it..
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 01:33 PM   #1865  
Linux Lady

Default OK Turtle

OK Turtle, no club. I am very happy to hear that your knee is better!

zoey
~zoey~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 02:34 PM   #1866  
Linux Lady

Default Curly can be president!

Curly, we must have been writing at the same time. You can be president of the arthritis club.

Wow, $5.00 for a gazelle? That is weird. Someone lost money on that one.

Sounds like you got a good deal on the clothes, anyway.

zoey
~zoey~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:07 PM   #1867  

Curly a $5 Gazelle.. I should have been so lucky. I looked for one at target today but they didn't have one

I really want to find a way to exercise everyday!
Old 10-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #1868  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

HI Everyone!!! just wanted to check in and say hello.. I only have a minute, since I have in-laws spending the weekend with us.. but I hopped on the scale and I lost 4 lbs.. WOW.. I've just been eating less and making healthier choices.. just had to share with ya'll.. Hope everyone is doing well... and I will get back in touch during the week..

Love You All!!....
deerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #1869  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Awesome Dee

Just awesome! You go gurrrrrl
Old 10-29-2005, 05:43 PM   #1870  

Great job Deerod!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:59 PM   #1871  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Wow, busy day here for a saturday and I see some of our missing flock have reappeared. Nice to see Teri, L2L, Deerod. Congrats on the losses ladies.

I went clothes shopping today and somehow managed to come home with only 2 new pairs of pants and a whole bunch of new tops. A lot of the clothes remind me of a 70's revival or something so I was turned off by a lot of them. I guess that means I'll be wearing some of my same pants for awhile longer but that's okay. They aren't too baggy yet. I did get some winter workout clothes for the gym. I'm going tomorrow if the only thing I can do is lift weights because of this stupid ankle.

Got my cholesterol checked this morning. I'm curious to see what it is.

I'm making cajun nuts tonight for the folks who like their head blown off, lmao! They smell great.

TTYL
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 06:19 PM   #1872  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations Dee!!! woohoo!!! 4 lbs is AWESOME!!! Have a good weekend with the outlaws.

Petra.....Great job on the clothes shopping!! I know what you mean about the 70's boho look. I didn't wear them then, so why would I wear them now? LOL.....You're ankle is still bothering you? yikes. You make me laugh with all your nuts-a-cookin' !!! Who's going to eat all the pounds and pounds of nuts? I can just see it now....you'll have squirrels coming for miles to Petra's nut shack!!!

Curly.....good job on the bargain shopping!! You got some great deals. I'm never quite so lucky, although I did get that 14 kt gold necklace a little while ago for $1.00 .

Well, I had to take ds early to urgent care this morning, seems he has the barky cough now (that other ds had 2 weeks ago). Its not quite the same in his lungs but he required 2 meds and a strong reccommendation for a vapourizer. I did manage to pop a movie on for him and older brother and went to the gym for a quick round of circuit training. I did the basic 1 hour workout as per Jillian's book but couldn't justify doing any treadmill. Come home to find out instead of staying with his brother, older ds watched tv upstairs and had no clue about the mess of vomit on the floor. I was so mad at him!! I specifically told him to stay with him and to call me. I can see that he's not ready for babysitter patrol yet.

Everyone got their pumpkin carved yet? I'm going to try the pumpkin seed roast again this year but I haven't been too successfull with them in years past. Any tried and true ways to roast them would be appreciated!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 06:37 PM   #1873  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Because I travel to a bunch of different offices, I'm taking little baggies with samples of the different kinds of nuts to work so people can try them out and tell me which ones they like. After I packaged up the candied ones, there aren't any left (guess I ate a few of those).
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:19 PM   #1874  

Angel Eyes I haven't gotten any pumpkins yet! I'll probably pick a couple up tomorrow. The squirles always get to them so I wait till right before halloween!

I went out for sushi tonight. So yummy and not many calories!

The woman who was supposed to come look at my foster cats this weekend seems to be blowing me off

Hope everyone is having a fun Saturday night! We're going to Martyrs to see a band called the Samples.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:48 PM   #1875  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Petra are u taking orders? lol i can set ya up a nice web page..
i did a real nice one of a friend that sells soaps

http://www.mountainlaurelsoaps.com
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote