Old 10-31-2005, 07:37 PM   #1906  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Check in before bed

Whew. We worked like maniacs on the house today. Jay tore apart the kitchen while I tossed out my old litter boxes, disassembled the electric litter box, cleaned and disinfected it and mopped the hallway. I want to ensure that Elvis won't get sick too. BTW, he's got an appoinment next Monday for tests and shots. Then we BOTH tore up the living room and rearranged a bunch of stuff. I got ONE trick-or-treater, but that's more than the last five years combined. I bought crappy, sour candy so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it. I'm taking the rest to work with me. In nearly fourteen years of law enforcement, I've learned that police officers will eat anything you bring in.

I didn't drink any pop today, I tried to keep it lite, I journaled everything and I think I did pretty good. It's a step in the right direction, anyway.

At the thrift store, I found a bunch of exercise and step AUDIO tapes. I wonder what in the world those are going to be. I'm hoping it's music I can step to (maybe on my trampoline) and Jay talked me into buying to reread the J. R. R. Tolkien novels in the hobbit series. Guess I'll be delving into the underworld for a few weeks.

I hope you all enjoyed your week ends and your Halloween. I'm BAAAAACK.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:01 PM   #1907  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

sounds like u had a busy day turtle!! good going on the food... great to have u back!!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:33 AM   #1908  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning ladies. The doggies allowed me to sleep until 5:30 this morning so I think we are making a little progress. I also go to the nursing home today so I don't have to be there at the crack of dawn either.

I did get my ankle brace yesterday and I think it is helpful. I missed pilates last night which I was bummed about.

I took my nuts to work yesterday to 2 offices. They went over pretty well. The general consensus was that the cajun ones should be hotter so I may have to retry that recipe with more cayenne.

I lost 11 of the 12 lbs planned on the Halloween challenge so I guess I'm pretty happy with that. I think my goal for this month is reasonable as well. I would like to have lost 50 by the end of the calendar year.

I've started reading Dr. Phil. There are a couple other ladies just now reading it on the Dr. Phil thread so I'm reading along with them. I thought it might be more interesting this way. I also ordered a couple books from Amazon. One is Staying Power which is by the Eades (authors of Protein Power). It is a book on maintenace. I'm not there yet but I thought when I cross the 50 lb mark would be a good time to start thinking about it. The other is one called Slow Burn. It's actually a fitness book that the Eades wrote with some fitness guy. It's apparently some intense workout you only need to do once or twice a week. I'll let you know after I check it out. Some of the people on the protein power board do it. I'm actually thinking about getting some personal training time at the gym so I want to have some idea about what I want to do with it. Maybe my Christmas present to myself.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:05 AM   #1909  
Staying in 1derland!

i really enjoyed the Eades book Petra... I will have to check the library to see if they have those titles..

me & chai had a nice walk this morning.... & i went back to my circuit training last nite.. i feel powerful this morning! lol
Old 11-01-2005, 08:26 AM   #1910  

I think it is interesting Curly. I think we know our own bodies best and should probably listen to our gut instincts about what works for us. I have been allowing myself some extra carbs and my scale has been creeping up a little so obviously that isn't going to work. It's back to PPWAV (protein power with a vengence) as they say on the protein power board.

I'm not through the Dr. Phil book yet but when I think about what it has taken me to get to this point, I think there are probably less than 7 keys to successful weight loss. I think he is breaking some of them down into smaller steps but I'll let you know.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:54 AM   #1911  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies,
Well I made it threw Halloween OK. Before we went out, I ate an apple so I wasn't starving. And we planed to end the night at my parents for roasted chicken, brown rice, and veggies. While we were out, I had 1/2 a fun size snickers, my son opened it took a bite then didn't want it so I finished that, and 1 gummy hotdog, very small. That was it. I am very proud of myself for not eating any more. Now the bucket is in the house but I think if I just completly obstain, it won't be as hard as trying to have one and prevent a binge. Plus my sister finished the birthday cake last night so no more sweet temptaions!
I did a shorter jog this moring so I could get in 20 minutes of pilates. It was still an hour of excersise but just 2 different things. I really miss doing my pilates.

Mom, yeah you made it first into wonderland. I would totally not round that one up. good for you!

Petra, you are like a library of weightloss books. I got that Jillian M. book, its kind of weird to read, its like she is just talking, I am almost at the part about the excersie. the other parts were interesting but basically, they say what I already know. I bet, you see that a lot in books, they say similar things.

Curly, you cats look like mine. He was a stray I got when I lived in Baltimore, maybe they are related, I'll send a pic when I get one on the computer. I'm glad you found Mallie.

Hotcup, good thrift store finds. I went thrifting this weekend but most of the stores were full of college kids looking of costumes. I don't like crowds in my thriftstores so I basically walked right out.

Val, how were the trickertreaters? I always go up like 4 pounds at my TOM. don't worry, I ussually freak out and then some one reminds me it happens every month and the next week I lose a lot.

Angel, good job on the loss. that is great. I'm going to try and start the winning by losing work outs. I'm a little hesitant because I enjoy my cardio so much. Have you seen a big difference yet?

L2l- good jog on your commitment. its hard to not get the support you want from the people you want it from. it don't really tell my family and friends much about my weight loss journey, they are relatively supportive and when I ask then not to sabatoge me theyussually listen, but I save it for here and at WW where people can really relate and be supportive.

Dee, Lisa, TEB, Zoey, Iwmonn, jhiraqua, and any other PIC's I've missed. Have a good one,
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #1912  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Mumble, shuffle, growl

Every morning I wake up with my face, particularly my eyes, swollen horribly and a headache. I'd guess that's allergies, eh? Coffee seems to help anyway.

Well, I had a few pieces of candy last night. I don't normally find candy getting the best of me, and I buy candy that I don't like (sour) but I wanted something and I thought "I'll just eat the cherry ones" well, while watching Medium, I ate more than a few and more than just the cherry ones. My first day and I'm eating candy? WTH? It's normally fats and salts that get me, not candy. FATS. I guess I have enemies in the food world at every turn. But I'm still feeling kind of strong despite that minor set back.

It was nice waking up to the house looking so much better. The kitchen is all rearranged. Jay took a shelf out of the living room that was full of turtles, and put it in the kitchen for canned goods, freeing up space in the cabinets. But now I've got a chair full of wayward turtles. And a basket full of the stuff that was on my computer desk, as well as another desk full of stuff. Where does all this crap come from? Flylady calls this a hotspot. I'll work on it the rest of the week. Elvis has an appointment on Monday at the new vet I just love. I'm hoping he'll show negative, or in the early stages of FL and be able to be vaccinated. But in my opinion, he's a carrier and immune. He has outlived every cat I've had in the last 17 or 19 years! Every last one of them.

I still have seven audio cassettes to listen to (all exercise ones). I'm hoping they're just great beats to work out to, they're called: Super Step Power Mix-1, Step Power Mix 8, Best Step Power Mix 2, Step Power Mix Volume 5, Interval-Circuit Power Mix 3, Super Step Power Mix 3, and Power Collection 1995. I guess someone cleaned their closet out, eh? I also got a microwave vegetable steamer for fifty cents. I was going to give it to my sister (still might), but if it works good, maybe I'll keep it. Jay grilled some chicken breasts last night, so that's what I'll take in my lunch and a WW dinner, lf popcorn, water and sf Kool-aid. Go Turtle go!

And good news? Elvis finds his new litter box agreeable. Jay suggested that having three litter boxes for ONE cat was just making work for myself and confusing to the cat. So I threw the two out at the bottom of the steps and tore the electric one apart, scrubing and disinfecting every inch of it. He had to go while I had it torn apart and peed where the other two used to be (not his fault) but since he hadn't used it all night and I was worried that he wasn't going to accept it. But this morning after a drink and his canned food, he was wandering around, I picked him up, loved him, cooed to him and put him in the electric one. SUCCESS! You CAN teach an old cat tricks!

Okay, here's hoping your Tuesday is a pleasant and productive one. I'll check in from work and catch up to you all individually (I'll have my list of all of you because I keep you in my food journal ) TTFN I've got to get a few things done before work.

Exercise and water NEXT!
Old 11-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #1913  

Good morning everyone!

I had a really fun day yesterday with the trick or treaters! I got about 50 kids and only 10 wanted candy and the rest took glowsticks. I didn't eat one piece of candy!!

Petra.. My body always tells me to eat more carb. I don't believe it! I do still have a fair about of carbs. 40% of my calories comes from them. I do try to have low glycimic carbs and keep away from the chips! Congrats on your halloween challenge!

Jennie... thanks for telling me your weight goes up at the TOM. I was so fustrated yesterday about that! Hopefully by next week my weight will be down to 240 or under.

Hope you all have a great day
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #1914  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone.... I see we all survived Halloween!!! Dh and I had so much fun....we dress up every year and last night we were Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Dh's costume was a riot.....an all in one suit with bright red shorts attached, tail out the back. My costume came complete with mouse ears/headband, red crinolin polka dot dress and bright yellow patent shoes!!! What a riot. I laughed so much at dh, I almost peed my pants. FUNNY!!!

Valerie.....yeah, TOM can do all sorts. Mine is alot of cramping and extra puffiness around the tummy area. I always expect to see at least 3 lbs extra when he visits. Hope you feel better soon!!

Hotcup.....Its still the season for allergies here also. I was expecting a bit of relief now, but nope...my car is still covered in yellow pollen powder. Funny about your litter exploits.....me too. My cat is so old she often misses the box and I am left with messes to clean up on the concrete (laundry room floor). My vet suggested I change to an no frills unscented type and voila!!! most of her messes are now BACK in her boxes. I feel like a new woman now!!! (sorry about the nature of this post to all you non-cat owners...lol)

Jennie......I must be doing something right with Jillians book because yesterday another person came up to me and started to talk about what I was doing, and what book I kept referring back to. I am feeling stronger and sleeper a whole lot better!!! By the time 10:30 rolls around, its beddy bye for me now. Your halloween meal sounded sooo yummy. Might have to roast me a chicken soon!!

Have a great day PIC's!!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #1915  

Angel eyes your costume sounds really cute!! I had a headband to put glowstick on that looked like mice ears. I thought I looked like a big round mouse
Old 11-01-2005, 03:10 PM   #1916  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Hey Now PIC pals,

You all survived Halloween I see. Yayyy. As usual, we had no trick or treaters but ol' dh had no problem getting rid of the candies he got for them- just in case, hehehe. OK, I did have 2 bite size Mounds, but mostley stuck to my nuts (Thanks Petra) , and sugarless jello for sweets. TOM is visiting my house these days... and I hate how he sneaks up unscheduled and unannounced. Guess I should expect the unexpected at my gawky age I don't trust my new home scale, so I'll weigh in again when I go see the podiatrist on Thursday. I need to get back into the exercise really bad. I stopped cuz of the toe, then i got the major CRUD... I'm so much better now, still can't do a lot without getting way out of breath but I'm sure my one mile walk video is doable for me...... TODAY! Water is becoming 2nd nature to me now. I have to laugh that 1/2 gal of milk will almost go out of date in our frige now. I used to have to buy about 2-2 1/2 gallons per week. I miss my milk, but i'm making choices. If I choose to have bread, potato or rice with my dinner, then i get no milk... etc. hmmmm I guess I should be done ramblin' now

Val~ how's your back feeling? Hey did you hear Leah got married a couple weeks ago?? Anyways, good luck this week GF! HUGGGSSSSSSS. oh, how were The Samples? I'v heard them before and if I recall they had a 'different' sound.

Turtle~ It's wonderful to see you getting back in the groove. I'm sure you're gonna LOVE only one litter box lol. I got started cleaning the stove this morning... ack it gets so ickky I don't know why I let it get so bad. I really hate white appliances. Heck, dh is retired, HE should be the one to clean it... *snort* yeah right heheheh.

AngelEyes~ Congrats on 6 WooHOOOOO pounds!!! You are becoming an inspiration! Keep workin' hun! I wish I would have done a costume this year. First Halloween I've had to work in a few years, but I was so under the weather the week leading up I didn't think about putting anything together. Oh well, next year

Curley~ Feeling powerful is a wonderful feeling! Stick with that circuit training cuz it makes you happy. Way to go!!!

OK, Time to get back to the stove. To all the P'sIC I didn't get to personally, Well I love you all too!!!!!
Good luck today to all, keep OP and have a wonderful Day
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:42 PM   #1917  

(((Dee))) I'm glad you're feeling a bit better! I feel like I've warded off a couple colds this season with airborne and zicam.

My back is still very sore I had to reschedule my chiro app till thursday because I got a tutoring job today.

How is CA. I miss the ocean! The lake is a poor substitute! Did you see my pictures from my CA vacation in august? It was foggy just about everyday there. We did go swimming and it was COLD! http://bouncintigger5.tripod.com/california/

I hope everyone else is having a great day! I just killed a craving with crystal light in selser water! Yum
Old 11-01-2005, 07:19 PM   #1918  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Turtle Hard at work!

Yeah right. That's a good one Turtle hard at work Oh my side! Stop, you're killing me.

I got to see Valerie Joy! Good to meet ya, lady. I'm glad you're here.

Iwmonn: I'm glad the toe and your Major Crud (
hey, I think I worked with him once back when I worked for the state police. Get it? Major Crud ) are better and you're ready to start back. Good news, because so am I. Let's do disssss

Angel-eyes: I got a kick out of hearing about your costumes. It's so great that you two like having fun like that. Jay "Pooh Bear" and I were going to dress up: like each other, but got busy cleaning house and ended up too tired. Maybe next year.

Jennie934: Way to go on planning for that meal by eating an apple first and then for making such a healthy choice. Great job. I'm proud of you.

Petra: How goes it up there, neighbor? I was going to say I smelled your nuts cooking all the way down here in West Virginia, but no matter how old I get that still makes me giggle and snicker. I guess I'll never grow up. How's the ankle? I considered a knee brace (and bought an elastic one), but my legs are too huge to find one that fits. But it's getting SOOOOO much better.

Curlylocks: I'm glad you went back to what was working best for you, with the circuit training. You're an inspiration to me with all that exercise. But I sure wish it would rub off on me. Could you slide some vibes my way? I'm very proud of you lady.

Okay, here's who I think I missed:
Zoey: I know she was just here a minute ago
Jhiraqua: How's it going, girl?
Purple Rose 1964: It's been a while. You okay?
Jackie56808: Hello?
Deerod: Buddy buddy... keep on posting. You're going to make it.
Momx3 (Did I hear you made it to ONE-derland? Will you save me a seat?Great job!!!)
TeaElleBee: I think she was here a bit ago too.
LisaWY: How was your Halloween?
L2L: Come out and play, you magnificent dragon fly, you.
~~Sunshine~~: Come back!
MoonRay: You come back too!

Seriously, if any of you see someone I missed, please tell me so I can add them. I don't want to leave ANYONE out. I need each and every one of you for support and motivation and well, 'cause we're partners in crime here.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:33 PM   #1919  
Staying in 1derland!

Turtle: thanks... lol umm dont know how determined i am.. think having a dog helps in the mornings cuz they make ya get up and go out ... even when ya dont want to!
There ya go .. get ya a doggy, since ya work u could get one maybe at least a yr old cuz they usually are house trained... and older dogs usually are the last to be adopted!

p.s. this has been an announcement from your local animal shelter!

I'm comming up there one weekend! may have to wait till spring now tho!
Old 11-02-2005, 07:07 AM   #1920  

Good morning ladies. I'm sitting here drinking my yogurt smoothie and my coffee.

Curly-I was thinking that since you enjoyed protein power so much, you might be interested in Dr. Mike's blog. He has an easy to read writing style and comments on everything from current events to recently published medical articles to food. Some others might find it interesting too. http://blog.proteinpower.com/drmike/ His wife, Mary Dan also has a blog but she doesn't write as often as he does or on as many topics.

I'm enjoying the Dr. Phil book a little more than I thought I would. Some of it is very straight forward from the standpoint of psychology--techniques that most of us are very familiar with and use all the time, but he has some little worksheets in there and questionnaires that are useful and get you thinking. Am I the last person on the planet to read this book? Turtle-if you haven't read this book, you might want to pick it up. It is all about getting your head in the right place. I'm not sure I would even pay attention to the food plan part (which I think is only 1 chapter in the entire book)

Iwmonn-have you tried the carb countdown milk? I've never been one to drink milk straight but I use it all the time for other things and find it no different than regular milk with a much more acceptable carb count. It is more expensive so I don't think you'll be consuming 2 gallons a week but you might be able to have some.

Hope everyone else has a nice day and all our stragglers come back and post. We miss you.