Old 10-24-2005, 03:01 PM   #1786  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

hello everyone.. sorry I didnt post this weekend, but we were totally busy... I was getting in all my junk so I could conquer my cravings for my new way of eating.. Today is day 1, and so far I made myself an egg beaters omlete with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and turkey bacon with just a smidgen of velveeta.. with a glass of orange juice. and for lunch a big bowl of grapes, apples, and sliced bananas with a bottle of water. I plan on making chicken breasts with brown rice and steamed veggies for dinner..
I'll have to get back on the excersize band wagon too, but right now I'm just going to focus on my eating.. I'm sad to say, that I already have a cheat day scheduled for Sunday, but my 5 year wedding anniversary is Monday (Halloween), so me and Hubby are going out to dinner to celebrate, and hopefully my next cheat day wont be until Thanksgiving.. it's so funny, because last week I told Adam (hubby) that I wanted to go like on a low fat/low carb diet.. and mostly eat chicken breast with steamed veggies, well on Saturday, we were watching MTV and they had a show called "TRUE LIFE I'm on a Diet" and this one girl hired a trainer and ate boiled chicken breasts with brown rice, and lost 30lbs in 4 weeks.. I was like "WHOA".. I'm not gonna be that strict, and I can't afford a trainer, but it was definately motivational..

Curly: I'm soo sorry to hear about your cat.. It tears me up inside that most people don't take the time out of their busy days to help a lost animal find its way home.. We had found a dog in our front yard a couple months ago, he didnt have any tags, and wasn't microchiped so we locked him up in our kennel and posted signs, unfortunately, no one claimed him, so we ended up taking him to the Humane Society to be adopted.. Hopefully your kitty will find its way home..

EVERYONE: you all are doing such a great job.. thank you for still supporting me even though I jumped ship a couple of times.. I hope you all have a great day, and I will check in tomorrow...

-DeeRod
deerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:21 PM   #1787  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

angel dont forget "protein power" its a really good book also

ty deerod: i actually think someone took her from my yard, i live right next door to a laundrymat.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 07:43 PM   #1788  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Curly.....How did your treadmill walk go? I couldn't help but read Jillian's reply to you on the other thread. Any word your kitty yet? Still can't believe that.

I have to watch out for my cat. I never really noticed but she is going deaf, I freaked out a couple of years ago when she walked right under the school bus when the boys were getting off of it. She was as happy as can be, sitting there under the wheel well and wouldn't hear my screams. Gosh I was so scared she'd get run over. Since then, its house bound for her. Who knew my silly little barn cat with half a tail would live to the ripe ol' age of 18!! I got her before dh and I were even married.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:18 PM   #1789  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

nope no luck finding her and i searched for an hr after work.. i really do think someone took her.. there must be 20,000 tabbies in the state of maryland that are waiting to be adopted .. i dont know why someone would take another persons pet..

i dont have access to a treadmill but i did walk
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:44 PM   #1790  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Loooong day today but I did end up going to the doctor about my foot. Turns out it is a ligament and not the tendon so they can't inject it. Oh well. I have to get a elastic wrap for it and take lots of ibuprofen and hopefully in a few weeks it will get better. I also got my flu shot today. I have not gotten one the past two years and I am high risk because of my job.

I had a really freaky thing happen today. A community organization that helps cancer patients gave my home phone number out to a patient and I came home to a message on my voice mail from a patient wanting to make an appointment with me and asking if I take her insurance. I have an unlisted phone number and guard it with my life! I can't believe they did that! I called the patient back and explained the mix-up, it wasn't her fault and gave her my office number. I'll have to call those people tomorrow and make sure they don't do that again. I don't even have my home phone number listed in my church directory!

Deerod-if you want to check out a good low fat/low carb diet book, try the Fat Flush Plan. Since you work at home now, you might have time to actually do this. It is VERY structured. In case you hadn't noticed, I've read at least half the diet books in your local bookstore and somehow manage to keep them all straight, LOL. Remember, the most important thing is to find a plan you can actually stick with even if it doesn't necessarily give you the fastest results. Is 18 lbs a reasonable goal by Thanksgiving?

Jennie-I'm not sure which one of us will make it to the 200 lb mark first. It's a pretty close race. (I'm just joking with you, I'm not really that competitive)

Angel-so you bought the book? Hope you enjoy it. I think you see what I mean on the other thread about people being obsessed with the exercise portion and neglecting the rest of it. I wonder if they will get burned out on the exercise and then be disappointed because they missed the big picture? You will probably have to order Four Corners because it is not very well known unfortunately. Although I am a protein power girl, I don't think the book is very easy to read. It is what you would call "heavy on the science."

Hope everyone else is having a good day. We haven't seen the turtle for a few days. Hope she returns soon. I bet the exercise **** would love Jillian's book.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:09 PM   #1791  
Linux Lady

Curly....Curses on whoever took your kitty. I wish that I could have helped you look for her.

zoey
~zoey~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:32 AM   #1792  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning PIC chicks. I'm usually not the first poster of the morning. Some yellow lab I know did not let me sleep very well last night. I"m not sure what his problem was. I'm having my yogurt smoothie and cappucino and trying to wake up before I have to go face 9 hours of patients. I have off on friday but this is going to seem like the longest week.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:57 AM   #1793  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies,
I got up so early this morning. Last night I went to bed around 8:30. I read my son a book and fell asleep in his bed. So at 5:30 I woke up and was like oh well might as well get up and start my jog early. It was raining but that was my excuse yesterday for not doing it so I put on my rain jacket and went out in the rain. Once I got out there, it turned to freezing rain, then slushy snow. I couldn't believe it but I was determined to get my jog in. As I was jogging, the street lights kept going out so it was so dark. hmm....maybe I shouldn't go jogging in the rain j/k, in the end, it was OK, I came home and took a long hot shower and I'm feeling good for getting it done.

Last night I made this caserole that was very yummy and everything in it was core, it was brown rice, ground turkey, beans, corn, peppers, eggs, ff cheese, and taco type seasonings. I think I just ate to much of it. On core, you want to feel staisfied, not full but I felt full. Needless to say I did not jump on the scale this moring like I ussually do.

Today is my long work day, 2 jobs in a row. I have left overs of the casarole so I don't have to worry about where I'll grab dinner.

Talk to you all later,
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:58 AM   #1794  
Linux Lady

Mornin' Ladies,

I am having some french vanilla cafe' with my peanut butter toast this morning. I will get out for my walk pretty soon. I think that I might haul my other computer out to the kitchen again and try some more to get it to boot.

jennie....Good for you, that's the spirit, walk/jog no matter what, sleet, rain or snow!

petra, I hope that your day goes by quickly with few snags.

zoey

Last edited by ~zoey~; 10-25-2005 at 10:11 AM.
~zoey~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:39 PM   #1795  
soon to be goddess

Morning!!

Jennie.....YOU ROCK!!! Nothin's going to stop you...rain,sleet or snow!!! That is awesome. I bet it just charges you up for the whole day. Your casserole sounds devine! I made a pseudo deep dish pizza last night and it was devoured!! (6 pts) so no leftovers for me

Petra..... 9 hours of patients, phew...that is a long day!! I hope you get the home phone number situation addressed today. I can't believe someone would give out your number in that situation, let alone an unlisted one!!! There's a reason its unlisted people!!!

Deerod.....So MTV can be good for you!! who knew? The biggest loser is on tonight, a special 1.5 hour show. Are you into that one? I'm hooked. The girl trainer (jillian michaels) has a book out now called "winning by losing" and thats the book(thread) that Curly, Petra and I have been talking about. Quite the buzz.

Well its 'cleaning out the closets' day. Time to sort through the boys clothes and either donate or pack away. Now that the weather has turned cooler, its the perfect time. Besides, I need to make room for the new clothes I bought on end of summer clearance. hehe...anyone else do that? I buy their new clothes for next summer NOW....pay only $2-$3 for really good designer/company stuff. Can't beat it. It kills me to pay full price for clothes that they grow out of so soon. Thankfully I've already been to the gym, so its clean the closets, make some homemade soup and dash to the library. Have a good day!!

ps....TURTLE....come out come out wherever you are? Promise its not turtle soup.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:33 PM   #1796  

Hi Everyone!

Dee told me this was a cool support group so I thought I'd you you all out! I'm really glad to have found this site.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:36 PM   #1797  

Hi Everyone..I did have WI yesterday and if you take both WI's..I am down 1.4lbs for the week.I will take that. LOL

I have renewed faith that I will lose the gain from the smoking. I am back on track.

PEtra, Angel and Curly..where are you posting with Jillian?

Welcome to all the newbies.

Lisa
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:38 PM   #1798  

I'm Baaaccckk! I was gone out of town for a week and then have been really busy. I have alot of catching up to do.

I took a little bit of time off from exercise (almost 2 weeks). When I went out of town I took my portable DVD player only to find out my DVD was broken. Then when I got back into town I just could'nt get back into it. I felt bad about it but apparently not bad enough.

I did stay faithful to South Beach though. That is getting harder and harder. I'm not sure if I should just give in and get the cheating out of my system or not. I know how hard it is to get back on but I have been thinking about food non stop.

Anyway's I am down to 203 as of last Friday. Not sure if I will hit onderland by Halloween but I doubt it. What day are we weighing?

I have missed you ladies and will ttyl.
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:04 PM   #1799  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Hi PIC Ladies,

I'm all sick and blah! Left work early yesterday and went shopping. I usually do that on Mondays cuz it's my weekend *doin the weekend dance*hehe.. anyways since I felt so ickky, I made horrible choices. Got the hubby cookies, Fritos and ice cream, and also got myself some sugarfree ice cream. Then decided on chicken nuggets and/or fish sticks and french fries for dinner.... and by the time I got home I needed campbells chicken noodle soup and soda crackers too... so needless to say I need to work on the ol' attitude. I'm not weighing in today cuz I'm not getting out of my jammies, so no trip to the dr office . My man had a little chat with me this morning about the treats I got him and from now on I won't be getting them for him anymore. He says he doesn't need them, and he doesn't want me to be so tempted. I think that's a good thing.

So anyways, nice to see everyone. Especially VAL! Wow it's such a small world. To find an old friend on this huge internet! Actually she found me hehehe... I never really thought I'd run into someone I knew here. It's kind of exciting.

I hope hubby decides to go to his meeting tonight so I can watch TBL! He thinks they put too much emphasis on weight alone so he doesn't like the show. He just doesn't understand the emotional ride I'm on while I'm watching it. blah blah blah......

Petra~ I have been following (Jillians) threads from the beginning. I always try to watch TBL and then check out all the posts. It is really exciting, and I see exactly what you're saying about people not seeing everything Jillian has to say, only what they want to take from it. MY bet would be it's because 'The Show' emphasizes the exercise issue constantly - almost exclusively, and really doesn't spend a lot of time on the emotional issues of why we eat the way we do, or even the basics of nutrition. (Just my opinion tho.) I'm being honest with myself for once tho and realize that hers is not the plan for me (at this time), cuz I know myself enough to know I'm not ready to devote that much time/committment to an exercise plan. (Jeeez that sounds so weak, but I'm being as honest with myself as I can be now).

DeeRod~ One day at a time and if you fall, get back up and dust yourself off and Keep on Keepin' on! I look forward to seeing your posts

Lisa_WY~ Good Job there lady! I'm thrilled to hear you're still smoke free!!!!!! And losing again too! Does life really get much better?

Zoey, jennie, Curley, Angel Eyes, new and old P'sIC i may have missed- you're all in my thoughts and my prayers.

Last edited by iwmonn; 10-25-2005 at 04:47 PM.
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #1800  
soon to be goddess

Hi Valerie.... Any friend of dee's and iwmonn's is a friend of mine!Post often and tell us all about yourself!!

Hi Mom!!! Gosh...stay strong girl. Too bad about your dvd. Glad to hear that your week long trip was OP though.

Hi Lisa!!! Congratulations on the loss!!! That is awesome. How long has the non smoking been now? Dh is at 3 months now and I might add....so kissable. **wink wink** I've been checking out another thread with the Biggest Loser as the heading. Scroll down abit into the next section on the home page. The show is on tonight, and its 1.5 hour long. Can't wait!!

Petra......While I was out and about, I stopped into our library and looked at some books on glycemic index and the zone. Thought I'd save some money and check them out. hehe, I think you've still got some books up on me, but information is knowledge.