Old 11-07-2005, 09:30 PM   #1996  

Curly I added my 4 flowers! Is that a PIC thing or a board thing?

Petra I have a cheat meal once a week. I can go out to dinner and have what I've been craving all week. It's working for me know. I sure hope it does't cause problems later.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:38 PM   #1997  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

I dont' think i'm as addicted to the sugar as some, altho I do crave it and eat it sometimes.... junk like chips- salt, etc are my downfalls...I've managed to stay away from them mostly. My issue now is that my meal portions are creeping up, getting bigger. Potatoes, bread, bagels, crackers... I'm hoping saying it here, where others can see it will help me to be able to control it a lil better.... ya know, like I can't deny it if I see I wrote it- right here. So here goes... I am starting to fall back into old patterns. Snacking while preparing dinner. Potatoes, rice.... instead of flax bread, cottage cheese, veggies.... ~~~breathe~~~ Tomorrow is a new day, start over and succeed.... COMMIT to myself!.... OK now, the Pat Myself on the Back is cuz I still haven't fallen back to chips, cookies and pastries at work. That is under control at this time.. Portion control, and night munchies need the work. Thanks.

Sorry for ramblin PIC's .....

(((((Val))))) Congrats gf!!! You are doing fantastic. I SO wish there was a Curves near here... closest one is about 2 hours away, ...and so I venture along with this wonderful internet group

Petra~ Stay optomistic about that ONEderland... it's right there in front of you. A milestone waiting to be history!!! Come weigh-in day I bet you'll be there solidly.
And thanks for the excerpts you've been posting... very interesting stuff.

Mom~ The pics are fantastic! LOL I took before pics too, but I don't know if they will ever make the internet... heheh... standin there in my sport bra and lycra shorts. Front shot and side shot... ummmmm nope i don't think anyone will ever see em.

Curley~ Goin back to work... you must be feeling better! I hate that returning from sick days desk.. yukkk. I'll bet once you hit that circuit training again you'll get outta those '40s quick... You go Lady!

Jennie~ hey there! Wow you're gonna be ONEderland really soon too! So many of you getting there together.
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #1998  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Howdy Partners !!

Just a quick check in before I have to get back to my notebooks.

I have really been neglecting my health over the past few months, so I am here to officially throw my hat back in the ring !! I start my new program tomorrow... with a venegance. No more excuses for being over weight, unhappy and especially unhealthy !!

My schedule is crazy busy these days so I am not expecting miracles.. but something is better then the nothing I am currently doing.

So here's to lighter days ahead

C ya on the scales !!

~ TLB
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:11 AM   #1999  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Dee-
Potatoes, bread, bagels, crackers,rice, pasta- have the same effect on your body as sugar they are all high glycemic.. A potato is equivilant to eating 1/2 cup of sugar.... just as bad as eating pastry... This was something i never understood before..

i told the dr "i dont overeat" which i didnt.. But everything i was eating was HIGH glycemic and full of sugars.. Many things dont have sugar in them but the body turns them into sugars..
i eat more foods in a day now then i ever did.. but your body takes the high gylcemic foods and they go straight to fat. And also make you crave more sugars..

if u want more info google "glycemic index"
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 07:45 AM   #2000  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Curly and I are such bearers of bad news, LOL.

I'm posting this stuff from the NWCR because it is the best scientific information we have about long term success at weight loss and we all want to be successful, right? If there are any clues in here about behaviors I can change now, I'm trying to pay attention because I don't want to be doing this again in 2 years, or 5 years or 10 years. I plan for this to be the last time I do this!

Dee-what curly is telling you about those high carb things is true, you may as well be eating straight sugar. If you want to eat potatoes, at least try to go for sweet potatoes, try to do the brown rice instead of white rice etc. You are just feeding your sugar addiction through the back door instead of the front door. Dr. Phil says salt is another addictive food type. I haven't seen any science to back this up and if you think about it, the salt usually covers some type of high carb item like potato chips or pretzels so I'm not sure what the real addiction is but it is certainly something worth thinking about.

Welcome back Teri.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #2001  

Morning Ladies. I was supposed to go to curves yesterday but I just did'nt want to so instead of beating myself up about not going there I did 3 mile WATP. So I feel good that I exercised but I need to get back into curves.

iwmonn - You sound just like me. When I first started this journey I was trying to eat 5 healthy meals a day. Well after a few months I started eating more and more "healthy" stuff. That's why I started SB to get all of the sugars out of my system.

Valerie - Congratulations on the loss and the inches. Keep up the awesome job!! The flowers are a PIC thing.

TLB - Welcome back!!!

Curly - You are going to be posting that 3 any day now!!

Petra - I don't want to do this again either!! I have been down this road way to many times to fall back this time.
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #2002  

Hi everyone!

I'm having a good day here. I woke up and did my WATP 2 mile workout.

Mom.. how long have you been a member at curves? I just love it there except I threw my back out on the squat machine. Does someone actually sit and watch you exercise there? At my curves they pretty much stay up front.

Dee.. I've cut out carbs like potatoes. It was really hard at first because I LOVE mashed potatoes. My breakfast use to be a bagle and cream cheese and I miss it! Just try to keep to good carbs you'll feel much better for it!

Curly how are you doing? Bet you can't wait to see a 3 as the second number on your scale! We're so close in weight!

Petra I enjoy reading your information. Thats why I'm here to learn!

I hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon!
Old 11-08-2005, 03:11 PM   #2003  
Staying in 1derland!

i go to Ladies Workout express.. and i love it, I have heard many people say its so much better than curves.. and the girls stand right in the center of the machines and watch you.. plus they will let u go around as many times as u want.. they have 24 stations

how tall are u val? i am 5 foot 5
Old 11-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #2004  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I read my last article on the NWCR today. There are other articles but I didn't read them because they didn't interest me for one reason or another--at least not at this time. This one is from 1999 and is titled "What Predicts Weight Regain in a Group of Successful Weight Losers?" There's a lot of statistics in this one. They assessed registry members at entry and then 1 year later for a whole bunch of variables and this is what they found.

People who lose >30% of their body weight are at increased risk for regain
Having less than 2 years of maintenance under your belt is a risk factor for regain
People who reported higher levels of dietary disinhibition (having trouble sticking to their plan), and binge eating were at higher risk of regain
People with depression were at higher risk of regain.

They classified regain as more than 5 lbs in 1 year but the average was actually 15 lbs. Both the maintainers and gainers reported a decrease in exercise but it was more dramatic in the gainers (unclear if this was related to being depressed). They also talked about the % of calories from fat and stuff but this registry is heavily biased toward low fat dieters because they advertised at WW and Jenny Craig and places like that so I kind of ignore that information. It doesn't matter what plan you are on--as long as you stick to it like glue.

Hope that is some food for thought (no pun intended) for everyone.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #2005  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Hey Girls,

So It's another day and the sun is shining (between the clouds heheh). I'm over the pity party I was at last night. Being diabetic, I do know glycimic, carb etc info... When I committed to weight loss a couple months ago I was eating low carb and losing... then I thought maybe it was too high in fat and calories so I started changing things. I thought less calories means I can have more.... Come on, I know better. Where at the beginning I was doing 1-2 tablespoons of mashed potatoes- the other nite it was probably over a cup. I KNOW BETTER! I thank you all for helping me keep my head on straight....

OMG Curley & Petra- the whole thing about feeding my sugar habit is so true!!! I didn't think about the potato = sugar the way you said it.... altho I know that same potato = huge carbs = glucose = huge spikes in my blood sugar = bad news lol.... Curley, your explanation was a lot simpler I really am a sugar addict. heheh it's so clear now.

Today I go back to the good stuff. B'fast was a bacon/egg/cheese bagel - without the bagel hehehehe... After I went to town and voted, I walked to the beach to watch the surfers. Maybe someday I'll try it. It was a tough walk, lots of uphill coming back to the car. Today I'll also work on water again... i've been slipping there too. I need to hit the Dr. office and see if I actually did any damage to my weight last week. If I did, I'll deal. If I didn't, I'll be thankful..... either way I'll continue on with my journey

Confessional over ... & now the Biggest ever
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #2006  

Valerie - I have been going to curves since the end of April. At my curves there is always someone in the middle of the circle unless they have to answer the phone or something like that. As a matter of fact in the afternoon there are usually 2 women in there. We are also allowed to go around as many times as we want.
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #2007  
Project Down-Sizing !!

GDay PICS !!

Well today was the day of reckoning.. I stepped back on the scale and didn't get the shock that I was expecting It certainly wasn't a great number, but I was actually expecting higher, so that was a nice relief

I have set myself a short term xmas goal which I believe I can meet and then I will take it from there.

Mom - i use to belong to Curves but there hours of operation did not fit well with my schedule... I did enjoy the time I was going there although we didn't get much interaction from the staff... so sounds like yours is a good location.

Dee - i hope your visit to scale went alright

Petra - thanks for sharing your articles with us !! I am a "regainer" and it is so hard the second time around. I definately agree with you that you have to find something that works for you and stick to it

Valerie - sounds like you are doing well and some good results at your last WI... feel the flower power

Curly - hope you are feeling better, I am glad that you are back to your circuit training.. you will be seeing that 3 any day

So where is the rest of the gang ?!?!? Lisa, L2L, Deerod, Angel, Jennie, Hotcup to you all... hope to from you soon.

Well dinner is just about ready (salmon and salad.. yum) so I best get my arse in gear and get some homework finished before I relax for the evening.

Take care and TTYS

~ Teri
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:30 PM   #2008  

Curly I'm 5'4. We're probably about the same body type.

Dee... How nice to have a walk on the beach! I'm jealous!! I just did my walk in the living room today. I suppose I could have drove to the lake but it's 35 minutes away and it seems like a hassle sometimes.

Mom.. It sounds like the employees at your curves are better then mine. Our curves closes from 12:30 to 3Pm everyday which is a big hassle. I have a friend who wanted to join but couldn't go because of their hours.

Teri thanks for the flower power! Good luck with your goal! Salmon for dinner sounds yummy. We had tofu & vege stir fry.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:02 AM   #2009  
Staying in 1derland!

i had bacon cheeseburger quiche

brown @ 1/2 lb of ground beef, onions, diced turkey bacon and drain well.. add the browned beef to the bottom of a casserole dish

then in another bowl combine 5 eggs,1/2 C skim milk, 1/2 c lite mayo, 1 tsp baking powder - pour over beef mixture & top with FF shredded cheese.. bake at 350 for @ 30 min serves 4
Old 11-09-2005, 08:46 AM   #2010  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies,
How is everyones day going. Yesterday I was kind of in a funk. I'm feeling like I'm just not moving maybe its because the last 2 weeks were just 1/2 pound each week or something but I just so badly want to get under 200 and I can't get there. ahhh...this is when I ussually sabatoge my self and screw things up. So half of me is saying don't screw it up while the other half is aggrivated and wants to give in the the bad behavior just because. Anyway it was my long day, I didn't get up in the morning to excersise, and couldn't find good food choices because I didn't plan, blah blah blah....So I was basically hungry most of the day, and in a bad mood.
Anyway, today was better. I woke up and did my jog, then had a nice breakfast of oatmeal, and I"m in a much better mood. I just need to keep on track 4 more days then my WI. I can do it, I can do it. I have to keep saying that. I know even if I don't hit my mini goal this week I will evenentually but it so hard to move so slow.
OK, so that was my pitty party, I know what I got to do and I have to keep doing it.
talk to you all soon.
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote