Old 10-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #1756  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

hi there!

i've been to the grocery store.. and the library.. put jillian's book on reserve... but i did find the four corners book... and a sugar busters boook, as well as a book called protein power... it looks like it will be a good one..

i really wanna just kick back and read my books.. but i deel guilty cuz poor chai hasnt had his stroll yet today.. ( not to mention the house looks like a tornado ripped thru)

so i think we will head out for a walk.. then i can read my books and not feel guilty lol

and later tonite i am gonna make the pumpkin muffins.. that way i can warm up the house also!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #1757  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Curly-you know I am a protein power girl, don't you? However, the more I read, the more I think that four corners diet is really a nice middle of the road plan. I was looking at the zone again today and boy is that a complicated diet but I have to say Barry Sears is a freakin genius!

Last edited by petra65; 10-22-2005 at 04:55 PM.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:04 PM   #1758  
Staying in 1derland!

O i am lovin this book>>>> "protein Power" by michael Eades. they have calculations to figure out how many pounds of fat are actually on your body according to your waist and hip measurements,your body fat percentage,along with your height, and age ..... DRUM ROLL PLEASE... according to these calculations my goal weight is @ 175 lbs which means i have 65 lbs of fat now to lose..

and my body fat percentage now is 27% which means even tho the scale hasnt dropped way down.. all the exercise has made me build muscle !! wooo hoo!

Last edited by curlylocks; 10-22-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:06 PM   #1759  

I have the original and the second one "Protein Power Lifeplan" Now you will know all my secrets, LMAO!!

BTW, how's the L-carnitine going?

Last edited by petra65; 10-22-2005 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #1760  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Curly....Just how do you figure out your percentage of body fat? Don't you need one of those electronic caliper things?

The gym that I go to is having a special month program. The details are many, but the biggest one is a money back gurantee ($20 for one month) if you attend so many classes and 'check in' with the dietician. So I asked the front desk person....."what calculations do they do?". She proceeds to tell me the body fat, BMI, weight, and one other. I ask if I can do the body fat and BMI....and she says no. You have to belong to the 30day special program. I tell her.....I'm a member of the 3 year sign away your life automatic withdrawl PROGRAM!!! She didn't find that funny and said she would ask the manager, but hasn't gotten back to me. HOLY COW!!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:34 PM   #1761  

There are several ways to calculate body fat percentage. The most accurate but most difficult is by immersing your body in water. The next most accurate is by using regular calipers where they measure the rolls of fat on your body at various places, probably the third most accurate is what you are familiar with at Curves which are electrical impedence monitors which make some assumptions based on age and gender and also some calculations as they send electricity through a circuit. After that, the rest are calculations that make a lot of assumptions and are not as accurate--particularly your bathroom scale. My bathroom scale tells me I have a different percentage of body fat every single day.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:17 PM   #1762  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

HeY P'sIC,

Lot's of activity again. I've just been so busy I guess. LOL, I say busy but then think of how I have no kids, no school, no life hehehehe.... but I've been working a lot, and hubby hasn't been feeling well. I've been checking posts, but just haven't had the time to respond. Sounds like everyone is doing good. Petra, you sound so pumped up on the new book. I havn't gotten 4-corners yet. Was gonna order it last week when I found how inexpensive it was, (credit card wasn't handy at that moment.) But then after getting the new car I'm kinda afraid to ask if I can spend more money lmao! Jillian's book sounds good too- but I honestly don't know if I have the dedication for the exercise routine. (YET). I know this sounds paranoid, but is anyone SURE it's really her posting? I guess it doesn't really matter cuz whoever it is, is extremely helpful and motivating... just curious.

My toe is healing up and I can put my shoe on now so I'll get back on my exercise video in the next couple days. I'm pushing the water again after falling off the watertruck , and I think I really need to kick myself in the rear to be more strict with what I'm allowing myself to eat. Not horrible, but I know I can do better!

so, I want to wish everyone good luck & happy days! BTW Great roll call Jennie!, Congrats on the muscle Curley! WooHOOOOOOOO!

iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:45 PM   #1763  

Howdy All,
I am very very tired tonight!! This will be a quick pass through. LOL

Petra: I am thinking about reading her book.... I probably could get it from the publisher. LOL I don't need to subscribe to the book of the month clubs or buy any books..most publishers send them to me. I love it!! Dave probably could interview Denise Austin but he normally won't do those kind of interviews.

Angel: You asked me if I finished M's dress..ummm..I started last night at 6:30, had to run to the store at 7...got back at 8...started again..worked and worked and worked..and finished at umm..5:30 this morning. I am working on very little sleep today. I am going to try to post the pic. (won't let me..if you want to see it..PM me your email address. LOL) There is 15 yards of material in this dress, it has 3 layers on the skirt plus the ruffles. I still need to do the neck thingy..and put the bows on it. Next time she wears it I will. She played beautifully.

Ok..I thought I could do more personals...but I can't. LOL I will post tomorrow.
Lisa
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:13 AM   #1764  

Curly-I was thinking about the see-sawing question you asked Jillian. It will be interesting to see what she has to say. However, there is a piece to this puzzle that you didn't mention to her and you didn't even know about until last night--your lean body mass/body fat ratio. If you do have a lot of lean body mass, you may not be eating enough calories. Muscle needs food. I have this issue. I have 128 lbs of lean body mass and I am only 5' 4". I find I lose best when I eat between 1600-1800 calories. If I go much below that, my scale gets stuck, if I go much above 2000 I start to gain. I also don't exercise as much as you do so you may even need to eat more. It may be helpful to look back at your food log and see if there is a calorie trend like that. When I met with the trainer at my gym, she recommended I eat 1800 calories on the days I don't exercise, and 2200 calories on the days I do! Hope that is helpful.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:59 AM   #1765  
Staying in 1derland!

I am 5 foot 5 so not much taller than you Petra, Makes sense to me.. I didnt think i would ever say this.... lol but i dont think i can eat that much hahaha thats a lot of calories.. But it does make sense.

the Protein power book also explains it that way .. u may not be losing scale weight but your clothes get bigger, and your body is getting smaller even if u dont weigh less
Old 10-23-2005, 08:02 AM   #1766  
Linux Lady

Good Morning Everyone, and happy Sunday,

I have been OP this past week and I walked 6 days out of 7, but the scale seems to be stuck right now.

I have been working on my other computer. I got a new case because the power switch went out on the old one. I got the motherboard, hard drive, etc moved and everything hooked up, but I can't get it to boot. Bummer.

It has turned much cooler here with highs in the low 60s. Makes for nice walking.

I am going to try some of your pumpkin recipes. They sound good!

Gotta go get ready for 8AM church. zoey
~zoey~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:34 AM   #1767  
Staying in 1derland!

Angel : the book ive been reading "protein power" uses your waist and hip measurements to caluclate your % of body fat .. if u can PM those measurements to me i can crunch the numbers for ya.. oh and also your height in inches, and weight
Old 10-23-2005, 11:44 AM   #1768  
Staying in 1derland!

Petra: I think the apple juice in the pumpkin butter recipie is just to reconstitute the pumpkin puree a bit so u can simmer it for 30 min

I dont think it would hurt if u used water in place of the juice..
I made the pumkin muffins using the brown sugar splenda, whole wheat flour and cut way back on the raisins.. OMG they are awesome... and spread a lil of that pumpkin butter on one and they are heaven!

tho my father says >>> NOT sweet enuff lol
Old 10-23-2005, 11:59 AM   #1769  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Thankyou so much Curly for offering to run those numbers for me. I will pm you with my measurements!!

I took a peek this morning to see how the scale was doing this week and its still the same!!! I'm trying NOT to let that derail me but GEEZ!!!....its been a great week of OP foods and great workouts of cardio and weight training. When in doubt?.... wear your clothes that used to be tight as a reminder I always say!!! These poor pants,....I'm going to wear them to death!!! LOL The plan for today is to STAY ON PLAN!!! baby steps...baby steps!!!

Lisa.....ARE YOU AWAKE GIRL?.. ..LOL....ZZZZZZZZZZZZ OMG, I can't believe you were awake all night sewing it!! It sounds absolutely gorgeous!!! I wish I was closer to give you a hand. I love to sew esp. beautiful things and not just mending rips in boys clothes!!!

Zoey.....Good for you on the walking!! I love the cooler weather also. Not quite the same as what I'm used to, but I will still take 60's anytime over 80's. I grew up with winter temps for 5-6 months!!! LOVE SNOW!!!

Petra.....You are the diet book guru!!! You sure do know alot about all of them. Especially the ratio's, formulas and regimes. I can barely keep one book straight, let alone as many as you've read. That is awesome!! Did you post a review yet on the site about Jillian's book yet? I saw from your ticker, that you are 1 lb away from ONDERLAND!!!! woohoo!!!!

Hey? I noticed that some of us have our new "turkey ticker" up and running.....are we starting yet? when does this challenge end? GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!

Last edited by angel-eyes; 10-23-2005 at 12:10 PM.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:43 PM   #1770  

Angel. I also wanted to tell you that you can get your BMI on the 3FC home page. All you have to do is enter your weight and height and it will calculate it for you. BMI has a lot of limitations though. You are much better off tracking body fat % although it is more time consuming.

I am all ready for my family and they aren't here yet! I have the meat loaf all mixed up and in a bowl in the fridge, the broccoli all cleaned and chopped and in the steamer, the potatoes pealed and chopped and in a pot of water, the table set. I made low carb cheese cake yesterday and also some deviled eggs for an appetitizer and got some cheese and pepperoni. If they don't show up soon, I'm going to have to eat the appetizers by myself, LMAO! I also sliced up some fresh strawberries and sprinkled them with splenda in case anyone wants to put them on their cheesecake. No crust on this cheese cake because my dad is allergic to nuts--anaphylactic shock! I also have to cook corn for my nieces. Can you believe it, potatoes AND corn!!

My brother is always late so I don't expect him until 5 minutes before we eat but I'm sort of surprised my sister and her family and my mom and dad aren't here already.
Every time the dogs bark I run to the window.

Well, I think the meatloaf should go in somewhere between 2-2:30 to be ready on time so I guess I better start thinking about the kitchen. Pray I don't eat too many appetitizers, LOL. I love deviled eggs.