Old 05-04-2005, 02:16 PM   #226  
Kim

Thumbs up

Southbeach is going really well so far. I've lost 7 of the 9 pounds I had gained back. The scale showed 153 this morning. I definitely won't be down to 140 by the end of May, but hopefully I'll be in the 140's somewhere. I'll even take 148. I'm still having a few cravings, but they're not as bad as they were. It's mainly when I'm checking out at a store that it's hard. I can tell that I'm going to get sick of eggs over the next 2 weeks, but I don't really like any of the other breakfast options. I mean cottage cheese is gross! After 2 weeks I can add back in fruit and oatmeal and whole grain bread so it will be much better!

Marie-Congrats on the loss!!!! That's wonderful!

Robin-Did you make it O.K. through the withdrawals? They're rough, aren't they? They were on me anyway.

Judy-I haven't seen a nutritionist. I'm a RN and I have had nutrition classes. I know what I'm supposed to do.....I just don't always do it, lol. I usually do eat a handful of almonds or 2 tbsp. of peanut butter after my workouts. It does help. Thanks for the great advice though.

Paige-Good luck cutting back on the diet cokes. That's a hard one. I used to live off of those things. Somehow, I managed to wean myself off. I worked with a trainer for a couple of weeks a few months back and she had me drinking 120 oz. of water each day. I think that's when I quit sodas. I couldn't seem to fit them in. That was A LOT of water.

Lori-Congrats on the 1 1/2 pounds! You're doing so good!

Kerry-That would be awesome to take a trip to Maui...How fun! My son and I are taking our usual trip to Branson this summer. We always have so much fun there though. I can't wait! That was a great link you posted too....great info!

Hope everyone has a great day!
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Real quickly--Hi, everybody! I had a good time at the game Monday night, we had fabulous seats, I didn't overeat, and the Wizards won, so a good night all around. Yesterday a co-worker surprised me with live Maine lobster, so I dispatched and boiled him last night (after naming him Sparky) and will be enjoying him for dinner again tonight.

I'm dealing with shin splints, though, so I will have to cut back on the walking . I have been going to Curves, which I don't think will be as aggravating to my legs as walking on concrete.

Sorry this is so short, I'll come back for personals when I can. But I took the time to read al your posts, you're really helping me keep focused on my goal!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:34 PM   #228  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, just a quick note to say that I'm still on plan and been doing good. Work has been busy so I'm exhausted at night. I have another day off tomorrow, so I'll probably write more then.

Kim, way to go on the weight loss. Sounds like SB is helping you.

Judy, I hope your legs start to feel better. That sure does make exercising hard.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:21 PM   #229  
Kim

I'm still on plan also. My bodies a little achy today, and I think it's telling me I need to take a day off from exercise. Even though South beach isn't supposed to be low carb, it's a lot less carbs than what I'm used to. I figure I need to take it a little easier on the exercise during the first two weeks, while I'm getting over the cravings. I wasn't thinking about it until I went to the gym twice yesterday and did over 2 hours total. I'm paying for it today. I'm feeling so much better mentally though. It's amazing how much better you feel when you don't eat all of that processed junk. I've got to work a 12 tonight and tomorrow night and I've already cooked my chicken breasts and for tonight I've made a big salad and packed some almonds, some spinach, and some string cheese. I'm loving this. I just found out we're having another potluck at work Sunday though. I swear those girls will look for any excuse to eat junk food. I pray I'll have enough willpower to stay on program. Wish me luck girls!

Judy-hope your legs feel better soon. I'm glad you had a good time at the game.

Marie-hope you're enjoying your day off!
Old 05-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #230  

Hey Chickies!

Looks like a busy week for all!!!

Way to go Kim, but yes don't over work it, the first two weeks are pretty strict!

Judy, that's awful about the splints, I've heard they are very painful! Hope that goes away soon! Glad to hear you had fun at the game!

Marie, glad your still doing good with DH home!! And let me just mention about jealousy, first naps, now days off. I'm starting to think I need to look for a new job !!!

Speaking of jobs, we got a new phone system at work today, CRAZY, they were working, then not, the training left many unanswered questions, and alot of people on eternal hold until I figured out how to relocate them! But it wasn't too bad, most customers got a chucle out of my "give my your number, we got new phones today" line. I got some frustrating news last night, my renters (my sister-in-law) are going to be moving at the end of the summer. It is good for her, but now I have to get a grip and decide which place I want to keep. I don't think I want to be a land lord any more, thank goodness she was family and was extra understanding when there was a problem. We had to pay for repairs out of pocket, we weren't making any money from them. So we have some big decisions to make in the next couple of months! The worst thing, no matter which place we keep they both need work!

Ok, I'm going to get my work done, CSI night tonight!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:06 PM   #231  
Kerry

Default I splurged tonight!

DH says that I probably didn't go over on calories I just ate a lot in one sitting which is unusual anymore. We went out to eat for Cinco de Mayo. I had a margarita, one chick taco and one chick tostada but didn't eat that shell. I had an enchilada on my plate too but boxed it up for lunch tomorrow! I'd only had 500 cal today up until then so I probably didn't go over on calories today and don't really want to eat anymore tonight. DH & I needed to go out and do something. We've been in a rut and decided tonight that we need to have more fun together. That is our goal for the summer: enjoy our time together more and have fun!

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. I'm going to have to watch it though because DH is DJing tomorrow and I have such a hard time staying away from the Martinis at the club! I am looking forward to getting dressed up and going out though!

It's been quiet around here. I hope everyone's doing well. I've not been exercising as much this week because I've been busy, tired and generally making excuses. I'm getting back on the program this weekend. (I have been once this week though and went walking one other day)

I'll check back in tomorrow. It'll be FRIDAY!!!
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:47 PM   #232  
kpe
Paige

Hey everyone!!! Just a quick post.... Hubby and I are having issues about computer time!!!!! I had my weigh in today and I lost 3.6lbs. !!!! I feel like I have finally gotten past that plateau I hit in April. I have lost a total of 38lbs. and 32 on my offical WW card. I also hit (went past, actually) my 10% WW goal and got my WW key chain!!! Yipee!!! Next week is our last at work meeting and then we will need to join at WW location. Several of us are going to go together on Saturday mornings. If hubby will let me back on later I will try to respond to all the posts! If not I will tomorrow. Hang in there everyone!!!!
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #233  
Kerry

Default Tgif!!!

Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

I am so glad that it's Friday and to top it off we have worked out the details of my salary. Still some issues to work through with benefits enrollment, but I am sure that it will get taken care of before they actually kick in.

I've fallen off the exercise wagon and am feeling bad about it. I've gotta get back in the groove. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Have a great weekend and I'll check in to see how you're all doing!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #234  

Yea, it's finally FRIDAY!!!

I'm sooo bad, I slept in this morning!! I could just kick my slef sometimes!!!

Paige, tell DH if he dosen't share he will have to consider a lap top purchase !!! Way to go on the loss, 10% is awsome!!! Are they going to pick the meetings back up when school starts again in the fall??

Kerry, don't worry about falling off the wagon, just get your butt back on a.s.a.p., or you'll keep dragging your feet. I'm an expert at falling off the work-out wagon !!!! Way to go on the salary negotiations!

I went out to our old house with DH tonight and wound up mowing the grass! Talk about no life on a Friday night!! I need to work out, it's really getting late, so I'll check in tomorrow, lots of yard work planned!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #235  
kpe
Paige

Hey everyone!!!! Awfully quiet around here!!!! Hi Kerry and Lori! I have a busy weekend planned. DH is graduating!!!!! About damn time!!!! It only took 16 years!!! Now if he just knew what he wanted to do when he grows up we would be set!!!!! Anyway I hope everyone has great plans lined up for the weekend! I'll check back in later.
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 06:40 PM   #236  
Kim

Smile

I'm still on program girls. I've got lots of temptations ahead of me over the next 36 hours though. Tonight, my sister and I are taking my mom out for a Mother's Day dinner. I'm the designated driver so maybe I won't be quiet as tempted. Tomorrow night is another birthday potluck at work, and it's on Sunday which is the hardest day for me. Today was day 7 of South Beach. I'm definitely ready for Phase 2. I'm missing my fruit filled yogurt, Fiber One cereal, and oatmeal.....7 more days.....I can do it!

Paige-WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO on the 3.6 pound weight loss! That's awesome!

Lori-Sleeping in is great every once in a while. I did the same thing today, and unfortunately I didn't have time to work out. I'm usually a slacker working out on the weekends anyway. They tend to be so busy since I work most of them.

Kerry-Congrats on working out the salary negotiations. I know that has to be such a relief. You can get right back on that exercise wagon. Think how much better you'll feel. Since I didn't work out today, I guess I should listen to my own advice, lol.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:40 PM   #237  

Good Evening Chickies!!!

I just finished working out and it's 11:30 pm my time! We busted butt today clearing brush at our old house! We worked from about 10 am to 4 pm. I came home to get a bite to eat, and fell asleep for almost 2 hours! (it has to be bad for me to nap!) I normally lay around, but usually never fall asleep! It's funny how working-out has taken the need for a nap away. I used to be the cat nap queen, but I still get that dragging butt feeling at the end of the day. But now I come home and work-out and get a whole new string of energy! Man everybody must have been busy today, not many posts! Oh I'm gonna fall off my chair laughing, the cat is snoring! Have you ever??? Yea, she's all mine, I could take the paint off the ceiling when I'm really tired.

Paige, congratulations on DH graduating!! I still have issues with knowing what I want to be when I grow up!!! I wonder if you ever really figure that out? Although I tell everybody that if we get recycled after death, I'm comming back as a lazy fat cat!!! What a life, lay on my bed all day, be feed whith out doing any work, have some one else clean up poop, and not have any bills to worry about!

Kim, good luck with the second week! I have some serious will power, but not enough for South Beach!!!

Ok, even whith the nap today I'm still feeling the need to get to bed! I'll check back tomorrow!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:46 AM   #238  
Kerry

Default Sunday Already??

Well I'll be honest, I've fallen off the wagon. I still haven't been to the gym and I ate just awful yesterday. I was a bit hung over and it felt good to eat what I wanted and there was no way I was dragging my sorry *** to the gym with a headache. Plus my nasal allergies are making me stuffy and miserable!

I did lay out in the sun and work on my tan yesterday which helps me so much to feel better about myself. I know it's shallow, but it works for me - it has since I was about 14! I know I won't be as awful today, but I'll get back on plan tomorrow for sure. New week new attitude.

Today I have to do some web work, work on my tan a little and go to the Super Wal-Mart because we need everything from printer paper to coffee. Thank God I got paid more!! So that I can afford one of those trips to the Wally World where you check out and *gasp* at the total!

I hope you're all doing better than me. I think I needed to stop taking it so seriously for a few days and cut loose. I was feeling really uptight and stuffy about the whole losing weight thing. Now I have a chance to start again instead of keep going and for some reason that feels better and more doable.

If only it were Saturday again or weekends were longer. . . *sigh*
Old 05-08-2005, 11:35 AM   #239  

Good Moring Chickies! Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Well it's just beautiful and I have a ton of things to do! Just wanted to say hey! And Kerry, tomorrow is another day, but your right, it's not another Sat.! Hope this weeks goes better for you getting back on the wagon and in the swing of things. I'm also doing a wally world trip today too! YUCK!!!

Ok, I'm going to run, I'll check back tonight!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 03:47 PM   #240  
Kim

Kerry-don't worry about this weekend. It happens to me all the time. It's funny that you said that about being uptight and stuffy about the losing weight thing because my mom and sister just told me last night that I worried entirely too much about it. I think we do need to cut ourselves some slack every once in a while. We need to enjoy life too. I'd be miserable if I ate "healthy" 100% of the time. I do love my chocolate.

Well, I made it through last night and didn't cheat. I ate a grilled chicken breast and green beans and even passed on the glass of wine. So far, so good today too. Tonight will be the true test. Wish me luck!

6.5 more days of Phase I......hurry please!