Old 04-17-2005, 02:52 PM   #121  
Kim

Paige-hope your daughter is feeling better.

I haven't been doing very well this weekend. I went to an all-you-can-eat buffet at Ryan's last night with my son, and then after church today a group of us went for all-you-can-eat catfish. I've been sooooo bad. My weigh-in is tonight at work too. It's going to be an eye-opener. I bet I have to change my tracker tomorrow. Sometimes it's so hard to lose weight. It seems like there is always food everywhere. Saturday, the ladies at church are getting together for movies, pizza, and homemade junkfood. HELP! Tomorrow is a new day though. I'll go to spin class in the morning when I get off work, and I'll definitely make better food choices tomorrow.....one day at a time.
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 06:05 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

The weather is so gorgeous, I've been outside as much as possible this weekend. I got a pedicure today, so now my feet are presentable enough to go sandal-shopping. I bought one pair today, and will try again next weekend. I've been EPP all weekend, but not drinking enough water.

Paige--you've got my favorite yoga tape! My VCR is broken (I think) so I haven't been able to use it, and have been working with a book instead. I'm not very flexible, and I have arthritis here and there, but I think the tape is very user-friendly, even I was able to get through most of the poses. You've reminded me to ask one of my neighbors to check my VCR for me, maybe it's not dead yet, it's just resting

Kerry--good luck with the weigh-in. You are on quite a roll, I'm sure you'll do well. Have you considered buying lottery tickets?

Kim--put the fork down slowly, and step away from the buffet! I cannot deal with a buffet, I have been trained since childhood to get my money's worth. I have a fair number of lunch meetings, and when someone recommends a place with a buffet, I recommend that we go somewhere else. At any rate, you can only do so much damage in two days, and at any point you can make "you-turn" and get back on track. You can do it!

Lori--I'm so glad that you measured yourself! Congratulations on losing inches, who cares how fat your feet are

I'm working on a mantra to see me through my trip out of town later this week. I must get the hang of sticking with my agenda while on the road:
  • Do I know what success looks like? Visualize it!
  • Is weight loss first on my priority list? Prioritize it!
  • Do I have a game plan? Plan it!
  • Have I asked for help? Ask for it!
  • Can I commit to exercise? Move it!

Hey, whatever works.....judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 09:52 PM   #123  
Kerry

Default Sunday Night -

Judy - I like the mantra! It really sounds like you are moving in the right direction in many ways. Keep it up! Aren't sandals WONDERFUL! If only I could wear them to work. :sigh:

Kim - Oh No AYCE!!!! Good luck getting back on track this week. I've done the same thing and find I am more disciplined the following week. The weekends are HARD for me! I do much better through the week. How about you?

Joetta - I hope you enjoyed your beautiful day today with your family. That sounds just wonderful! And Yeah another LOST addict! I too love the twists and the varied theories and threads.

Paige - Yoga! I hope it works for you. I think I am yogaly challenged. When they start telling me to stand on one foot, tuck the other, hold my arms out in front and look straight ahead and all I do is fall over - I get discouraged!

Lori - Way to go on the inches lost! I've found fitting into lower sizes to be the most rewarding part of this whole process. You might be surprised and the scale could budge a little - GOOD LUCK!

Well, we ended up taking the printer apart and repairing it. It seems ok. Then I shook it out of DH what some of the issues were. . . needless to say, we purchased a nice HP Scanner today. It should help him be more productive here. I have trouble relating, but I really want to help him.

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket, things do seem to be changing for the better. My strategy with the weight loss has been from the beginning to eat between 1300-1400 calories/day. It seems that if I can do this at least 5 days a week and not eat over 1800 the other two, I lose. I've tried to kick up the exercise, but I still have a long way to go for it to have an impact. But I will tell you that when it comes to a career break, I needed it dearly. I was laid off from my previous "career" job ONE week before DH & I were married. We canceled our honeymoon and started planning to leave FL. We came to SC for DH to finish college and for me to patch my career back together. I chose a new profession instead of continuing in marketing; went to grad school and worked my way into the job I was just offered. Finally, we are back where we were 1 week before our wedding. I have a good job that I can support us with while DH finishes school and starts his new profession.

This is all a long time in coming. If the tides have changed then so be it. I'll ride this wave! Well there I go again . .

TTYL! Monday is upon us again. Ugh!
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:29 AM   #124  

Good Morning Chickies !!!
Well way in went much better than expected, I lost 2 lbs (147 lbs), I am blown away!! We had chinese for dinner last night, I got steamed veggies and rice. (It wasn't very good) Now I'm stuck with it for lunch today too! My DS was up very late with a toothace last ningt, it looks like there is a problem under a filing he already has. I felt so bad for him, I know how bad that hurts. I'm going to work this morning and sending him to school, I'll call the dentist and hopefully they'll see him today!

I rode bikes with the kids yesterday, oh my aching butt!! Why do they make those bike seats 5 times to small???

I want to respond to all of you, you've all been so busy this weekend, but I'm running low on time! So I'm going to jump back on from work!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:28 AM   #125  
Kerry

Default Weigh IN!!

Well I have a good weigh in to report. I am down 3 pounds! When I peeked at the scale yesterday that's what it said and I thought it was too good to be true, but I guess not.

Lori, I'm glad to see that you had a lost after all!! Maybe we'll make our Memorial Day challenge!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:51 AM   #126  
Kim

I'm soooo glad this weekend is over! I ate more calories yesterday than I ever have in 1 day. All of you are doing so good though. I'm so happy for you. It is motivating reading how everyone is losing here.

Judy-thanks for the encouragement!

Kerry-yes, weekends are SUPER hard for me, especially Sundays, because I get up at 7:00AM and work 7P-7A, so I'm awake for 24 hours (unless I get a 2 hour nap). I'm usually so tired midway through my shift that I order food and make repeated trips to the vending machines. It's like I don't know how to stop. You're doing wonderful though. 144-WOW!!! I might try following your calorie plan since it's working so well for you.

Lori-Congrats on the 2 pound weight loss! You're doing great!
Old 04-18-2005, 03:22 PM   #127  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Ugggghhh!

I just lost about 20 minutes worth of typing. My computer had a glitch just before I submitted my reply and I lost everything. I'll now have to wait until later to try again.

In general, I wished everyone well. Congratulated everyone who lost weight and inches. And cheered on anyone who needed it.

I'll check in later.

Robin
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:07 PM   #128  
Kerry

Default Kerry's first homemade smoothie

I made my first smoothie tonight. All I put in it was strawberries, 1/2 container of strawberry yogurt, a little skim milk, two tbsp of apple juice concentrate and a couple handfuls of ice cubes. It's YUMMY!!! Thanks for the advice. I put them all together into a hodge podge of ideas matched with the fruits/juices I like. I also bought some frozen peach slices, oranges and grapes. I wonder how I can mix those? I'm fearful of mixing fruits for some reason.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:32 PM   #129  

Wow Kerry 3 lbs, see walking Bella does help!! And forgoodness sakes, just toss the fruit in, if it dosen't turn out well, take note not to try that combo again. I find some of my best foods tossing things in! I am absolutly starved!! When I jumped in the car my stomach started really hurting from hunger pains. It was worse than getting behind the slow poke and having to go pee! Everyone was in my way tonight!!!

Robin, (stupid computer) !! That's ok, as long as it wasn't the car!

Kimberly, I don't know how you do it, I'ld be falling asleep standing up!! I get mean when I don't get my sleep, and then I have an even harder time falling asleep after being up like that! I'ld probably just sit at the vending machine mindlessly putting in money, I get that stupid I can't think going and forget it! I remember working a bunch of 12 hour shifts than 2 hour commute, I thought I was going bonkers!!

Judy and Paige, I'll have to check out that Yoga tape, I have one that I rarely do, and I don't know why, there is nothing wrong with it, it just dosen't motivate me!

Ok I've got to make dinner before I shrivel up and starve, yea right!!!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:47 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Congrats Kerry and Lori on the weight loss

I'm doing well today, except for eating chips at the Mexican place where I had lunch with a large number of co-workers. I was good otherwise, and had a very good salad with poached salmon. I would write more about my totally exciting day but I want to get a long walk in this evening to make up for the chips. I have a weigh-in tomorrow at the doctor's. It would be nice to come in just a little bit lower, a nice round 20 pounds since Christmas time, but we'll see....

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:03 PM   #131  
Kim

Today is going better. I'm a little sick from eating so much yesterday. I'm ready to eat healthy again. All of those sweets make me feel so bad. I need to remember this feeling the next time I feel like binging. It's worse than a hangover. I woke up and went to the gym for a step mix class. It was pretty fun. We did 45 minutes of step, then some ab exercises. I don't think I'm going to eat for the rest of the day, and eat very little tomorrow to make up for the weekend. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I'll try to eat 1200-1300 calories and work out at least 1 hour each day. Sat. I'll shoot for 1800 since we're having our junk food party (yikes). Then, Sunday, maybe I will have lost a pound. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Old 04-18-2005, 09:18 PM   #132  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Chicks, sorry I've been away for a little bit. Lots happening on the forum. Krry, congratulations. You're doing great and buying a house now??? I'm very happy for you. Paige, way to go on losing 3 of the 4. I was doing really good until I gained 2 pounds when being on track. The old voice in the head just keeps picking at me that I might as well enjoy myself as I gain. So Yes, I fell off the wagon for a few days. Back to square on. Joetta enjoy being free of the old girl and teach the new gal your way of doing things. Lori, I sure hope you feel better. I think as we age, we get the dumbest tings in the dumbest places. Sure hope you're doing better.

DH is out of town and DS1 tells me he's moving out. I want DS2 to move out, but DS1 is my baby. I'm not too bummed since I get a craft room. But he's mentioning that I shouldn't get too comfortable with my craft room since he could be back. Ahhh, my front door - the revolving door.

Kodiak, my Siberian Husky got a hold of my asthma inhaler this weekend so it was a stressful few days. He was in the hospital and very sick. But he's home now and doing better. When I'm stressed, I eat. Boy did I eat... I'm going to have to pay big time for that excursion into the kitchen.

TTL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:18 PM   #133  

Hey All!
I can't wait to get the basement back together to get the exercise machine back in place. When I do the days with the 3 hr round trip for work, it whups my butt! I just want to crawl in bed! I sit all day and get zilch for exercise, but mentally I have had my workout!

Kim, hats off to you on the 24 hr shift--I swear that would kill me!

Judy, that round 20 will be here in no time!!!!

Robin, thanks for the cheer that is floating off somewhere in cyberspace!!

I'm off to bed.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Joetta
KYColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:22 PM   #134  

Me again...
I drove to Lexington today to start training the new girl in that office (today was supposed to have been her first day). I had no appts there, I was going to spend the entire day training. But she called in to say that she had to take her hubby to the ER. So today was a 3 hr trip for naught!

The 2 new girls in the Elizabethtown office are both very nervous, but they will do a great job! AND PAIN IN THE BUTT IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye again.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Joetta
Old 04-18-2005, 09:24 PM   #135  

okay, so I am back again------

Welcome back Marie--you posted while I was typing.