Old 04-24-2005, 07:56 PM   #181  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, I hope everybody is doing great. I'm on plan so far today with food and water. Haven't exercised, but I plan on doing that shortly. I made Banana Baked Oatmeal bars. It's a recipe I got off 3FC. Next I'm going to try a Lo Cal Banana Bread that I got off the journals this morning. But for now, I have enough stuff with the bars.

Kerry, the journaling part is right buy forums on the menu. There's a great group of women there. You talk about your day and such, and there's a place for comments. If I really need motivation to stay on plan, I go there still and read others journals. It's very motivating.

Joetta, I'm so glad your niece is doing okay. What a horrible scare. When I read your post, I was very surprised that you went to the bad one's wedding. What possessed you to do that?

Kim, I find Sundays hard because it's so relaxed and quiet. I guess I get bored and I start to eat. It's usually a fight with myself to stay on plan. When I stay on plan Monday through Saturday, I'm pleased. On Sundays, if I'm good, I'm just plain relieved.

Here's hoping everyone has a good week.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:09 PM   #182  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Holy Cow! I miss 48 hrs worth of posting, and it's like I haven't been on in a week. We are a chatty bunch, aren't we. It was a gorgeous weekend here, even after the weatherman said it was going to rain most of the weekend. But they're never right anyway, I don't know why I listen to them. I worked both yesterday and today weeding and planting flowers in our flowerbeds. We have something like 100 feet of flowerbeds that are about 2-3 feet deep. The run the length of the house, and then turn and go the width of the house. We're renting this place, and the last tenants evidently didn't do anything with the beds. It took me all day yesterday, and about four hours today to just pull weeds from them. And then it took me another few hours to put in the new plants. I am so sore. My entire back, legs, and arms are sore all over. Plus, both days, I took a break and went for a hike since the weather was nice. I haven't eaten much either day. So, I'm hoping my WI tomorrow morning will be a good one. I really exhausted right now, physically. Emotionally, spending all weekend doing the flowerbeds was just what the doctor ordered. After all the stress of last week, my mind needed a good break.

Marie - I'm so jealous. I have a wireless laptop, too. But where I'm currently living, there are no other Internet connections other than dial-up and satellite. I'm hoping that where we build our house, there will be DSL available. What all kinds of dogs do you have?

Kerry - You've really been Miss Chatty the last two days. That's okay, though. I love reading the posts. I'm so jealous of you, too. Hawaii for Christmas? I've been wanting to go there for quite a while. My DH and I were actually planning on going this year, but since we're building the house this year, we just can't swing both. And I really want a new house. I hope you enjoyed the strawberry lemonades. They sounded greatd!

Joetta - I'm glad your niece is doing better. Did she have to be hospitalized at all? I know it's not funny that she got sick, but it is sort of funny how the two little girls told what had happened. Fortunately, kids are pretty resilient. I guess they have to be just to survive to be an adult. Especially if they have siblings.

Kim - I've been wanting to watch "The Notebook," but I don't like the way Nicolas Sparks ends some of his stories. Like in the movie "Message in a Bottle." I didn't see a need to kill of Kevin Costner's character in the end. And I figure this one probably ends the same way, or something as dramatic that would make me cry, too. But I'm sure one day when my DH is out of town again, I'll rent it and ball my eyes out. - And fourteen hours of sleep sounds like heaven to me! I love to sleep.

Paige - I'm glad you had a good weekend. I hope this coming week is a good one, too.

Lori - Your weight gain could definitely be due to the increase in your weights during your workouts. Muscle is way heavier than fat. But on the good side, it burns way more calories, too.

Did we scare Lisa off? I hope I didnt' miss anyone else.

All of the troubles my office was having at work have been worked out. And I was told by HR that I was not part of the problem, and that I had done anything wrong. So, I was very relieved for that. I've only worked there six months. Most of the stuff started before I was hired.

And as for my husband's aunt, I actually work for Idaho's Department of Health and Welfare. I'm not a caseworker, but I work with them a lot. I actually do locates for all the foster care cases in ID. I find the families and parents of children in the foster care system. Anyway, I've got great resources for helping his aunt. We are persuing discrimination charges, and will also be hiring an attorney to try and get her some retirement for her near 30 years of work. She's completely distraught over the whole thing. So I really want to help her out the way she deserves, which is the best.

I hope everyone has a great week! Wish me luck on my WI. I'm hoping my armadillo gets to move some.

Robin
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:53 AM   #183  
Kim

I'm sooooo disappointed in myself. I did it again. Why do I do this? I just binge on carbs from the time I wake up on Sundays until Monday mornings when I go to bed. I think I consumed 7000 calories which is definitely a record. I know that I've definitely got a problem. Have any of you tried Southbeach? I've been trying to do weight watchers points system and it worked really well for about 3 months, then all of a sudden I started having this binging problem on Sundays. It's like I can't stop myself. I always save all of my flex points for Sunday because I know that it's the hardest day for me, but I still go WAY over. I was just wondering if I tried cutting out all of the bad sweet stuff if it would make the carb cravings/binging any less. Any insite would be very much appreciated.
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:49 AM   #184  
Kerry

Robin you are a much better tenant than I am. We keep our yard nice, but all our plants and flowers are in pots. I refuse to put them in the ground when our landlord does NOTHING for the place and didn't when she lived there either. We'll be taking them with us. My BF has put hers in the ground and intends to transplant everything when she buys. I just couldn't imagine the labor! I bet it looks nice now though And yes I do tend to be chatty. I'm glad no one minds. I get bored and just ramble. I guess if I had a couple kids to distract me it would be different. . . someday. . .

Marie - I did find the journals, but it wasn't exactly what I expected. It's like group journaling huh? Glad it works for you! I just get on here and ramble to you guys.

Kim - I have serious issues with carbs too and my only way of dealing is to say no to most - no cookies, cakes, candy, breads, etc. When I do have them it is a special treat. I do have sandwiches regularly so I get bread there and I eat lots of fruit which tends to curb my cravings for sweets plus since cutting out the refined sugars, fruit tastes oh so sweet now! I tried one of the low carb diets years ago and it made me feel awful. I was tired and grumpy. Carbs are NOT bad, it just depends on what kind you eat. I've lost all my weight so far doing - 50% carbs, 30% good mostly good fat & 20% protein. The body needs fat and carbs! Try going to http://www.mypyramid.gov and see what the guidelines say for you when you put in your age, weight, etc. It should be a good guide for your standards. What is your BIGGEST weakness in the carb category? I would suggest cutting it for a few weeks (mine was cookies) and see if that helps. I find that when I stop eating something completely I surprisingly stop craving it after a few weeks.

Well I dropped only a pound as of this morning. Last week I thought I was going to lose 2, but not this morning. I've been working out and lifting weights, so that could have something to do with it. I hope to see some results from all this sweating! I've been doing about 15-20 min of cardio and 10-15 min of strength. We'll see. . .

Have a great week ladies. We're counting down to the weekend again!
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:13 PM   #185  

Good Evening Chickies!!!

I know how you feel Robin, I only missed yesterday and needed to catch up! It's a good thing, being chatty is very encouraging so gab away Kerry!

Well, I don't get to move my ticker this week, I guess I was due! But at least I came back to the 147 lbs. That made me feel better!! I'm planning on switching my work out routine starting today, so when I'm done with dinner I have to hit the weights!

Sorry girls, I hate tear jerky movies! I want stuff to blow up and suspense! Most of the action movies the good guy always wins!

I know I'm not going to remember everything, but I want to mention a few things.

Joetta, little turkeys! That was so funny, at the time serious, but they will laugh about that for years when they get older!!! Glad she is better, I swear kids will eat anything!

Kerry, I love to read, I just don't find the time like I used too! Maybe after summer, I'm usually to busy and it stays daylight way to long! Tell DH he's going to have to come in from his vampire mode now that you're going to be working full time!!!

Robin, you have the perfect job to help her!! Like I said, I never sued anybody in my life, but I truley hope you sue the pants right off 'em!!! They deservie it!

Marie, your making me hungry for banana bread! Now I'm going to have to hide a couple so they don't get eaten and use the excuse to bake some bread!

Kim, you will find that I eat tons of carbs. I'm just trying to be more careful which ones I eat. Your body is probablly craving them because of the 24 hour tourte your giving it! Carbs are good for quick energy boosts! The best advice I can give you is over pack your lunch bucket with healthier choices, popcorn, pretzels, rice! You need power food, that's why your body is carring on so bad. Brown rice, whole weat anything, and sweet potatoes are awsome slow burn carbs! I usually make myself a cup of tomato soup and toss in some brown rice! The choices are limitless, but the other half of the equaition, don't take ANY MONEY TO WORK! Nothing, no change, no dollars, no big bills (some one will break them for you)!! Less than one month you won't truely care if you eat another Ho-ho agian! I promise the cravings go away! I can go through McDonalds drive through and the smell turns my stomach! I also tossed out a ton of easter candy that nobody ate!!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #186  
Kim

Lori and Kerry- Thanks for the great advice. I will definitely take it. I literally ate myself sick yesterday. I feel so nauseated today. I can't ever let myself do that again. Love the idea about not taking any money and packing lots of healthier choices. I'll do that next time. It sounds like both of you are doing great!
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:21 PM   #187  
kpe
Paige

Hey ladies!! I just wanted you to know I was here and had been catching up on all your posts. Today was such a gloomy day after a beautiful weekend. One of those days when you just want to stay in bed! I was outside most of yesterday and I am paying for that today! My allergies have taken over and I feel miserable. I did find some allegra-d in the cabinet but it doesn't seem to have taken yet! Some of you were talking about journaling. I recently started one at livejournal.com. If you want to check it out to see if it is for you my username is allaboutmetime. I like it better then the 3FC journal because I wanted a log of what I'm going through daily that I can look back on when I reach my goals along the way. Kind of like a diary. You can't really do that easily on 3FC. You can add friends to your list and they can leave comments as well to your post. To exhausted tonight to reply to all the post tonight. I'll do better tomorrow.
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:44 AM   #188  
Kerry

Default Today will be a challenge

Well I baked a birthday cake last night - chocolate with chocolate icing - YUM!! All I could smell was chocolate on the drive in this morning. It is one of my coworkers birthday tomorrow and we are celebrating today. We are also having pizza and subs for lunch. It's going to be hard to be good today and I just might have to splurge a little.

I am loving the fitness routine. I find that I don't really want to go when I get home, but I force myself to and feel so GOOD when I am done! It inspires me to do it again and again no matter how much I want to talk myself out of it beforehand.

Lori - I am all about the "no cash" theory. It helps me so much to know that I don't have money to go to the cafeteria where we have a smorcasboard of tempting foods! No cash = no cheating! I hope it works for you too Kim!

Paige - I like the livejournal thing! I might have to do that myself! I love journaling and need something more techie than the old fashioned pen and paper. And don't worry about responding to everyone all the time. It's nice to just see posts about what's going on with you!
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:32 AM   #189  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Happy Tuesday

Well my armadillo finally got to take a couple of steps. He was getting really bored where he was. I'm down 2 lbs at yesterday's WI. That put's me at 190. I was hoping for 189, just to break past the 190s, but I'll take what I can get.

I stopped carrying cash a while back. I found that I too easily spent it, usually on junk food, and then had no idea what I had done with it. I'm too frugal (aka cheap) to not know where my money is going. But it does help fight the cravings to get something from the vending machines. They don't take debit cards or checks, so I'm fairly safe there.

I, too, have allergies. I just had to get my allegra prescription refilled. I also have prescription eye drops because my eyes tend to itch so bad that I want to scratch my eyes out. But I was introduced to these eye drops last summer and it's been heaven ever since. I think I'm actually going to enjoy summer this year.

I love working out, but it is kind of funny how until I actually do it, I dread it. I fight it because I just want to go relax. But once I do it I feel great. But it's pretty much the same story every day. I make myself go exercise, and then I'm glad I did once it's over.

Kim, I have a real problem with the carbs, too. So when I started this weight loss regime, I decided that I would just avoid sugary carbs. I still eat pasta, wild rice, whole grain breads, and such. But at all costs I try to avoid the cakes and such. And after the first week or two, it was fairly easy. Although, when I've fallen off the wagon, usually caused by stress eating, I have to go through the "withdrawl" period again. But it's easier each time. And I have noticed that some foods now turn my stomach, too. I can turn down fried foods with no problems at all. And on a normal day, one with no excessive hormones or stress, I don't have a problem turning down cookies and cake either. It does take a while to get to that point, though. So, stick with it. And I also pack my lunch and snacks for the day. That way I just eat what I bring with me to work and then I don't have as much temptation.

Well gotta go. Have a great day!
Robin
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:30 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Default Newbie

Howdy Everyone!

I'm Rebecca from Oklahoma and I am a full time working stiff trying to lose weight. So far I have had no luck, but now I am getting my fat butt in gear.

Let's see what do you wanna know about me?

I am 24 years old, have one daugher Allison Nicole who is 17 months, I will be celebrating my 5 year anniversary to my wonderful husband Scott this July.
I work Tues-Fri 10 hours, and every other week I work Wed-Sat 10 hours, it is very draining on me. But, I gotta work to pay the bills.

We are going to Las Vegas in June with some friends and I would love to lose 10-15lbs before then, so today is a new journey! I am going to start by changing my eating habits, and exercising. Right now I am on my 3rd bottle of water (20 oz) per bottle, and after Allison goes to bed, I am going to work out. Wish me luck on that one!

My long term goal is to lose 70lbs, I would love to reach this goal by Christmas of 2006, I know it is possible I just gotta stick to my diet!

I can't wait to get to know everyone, and to be on this journey with other ladies who are going through the same thing as me.

Sorry for babbling on, but if there is anything you guys want to know let me know.
~*LadyBug*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:18 PM   #191  

I swore I was going to work out before I jumped on here, but I can't help myself!! I just hate getting behind, we just chat up a storm !!!

Welcome Rebecca, I hope all goes good for you this time!! We have a fun, busy bunch of nuts here!!

Robin, Wahooo 2lbs, you go !!!!!!!!! I know what you and Kerry mean about practically needing to kick yourself to do the work-out then absolute bliss when your done!! Hey I rode the stationary bike for 30 mins. yesterday (15 mins. hard, 5 slow, 5 more hard, then finised the last 5 slow) The sweat was dripping so bad I couldn't see the numbers on the meter and had a puddle forming under the bike! Last time I tried the bike I thought I was going to die after 8 mins. so apperantly I'm getting in better shape too! And it's one of those killer bikes that the faster you pedal the harder it gets and the arms are going at the same time!!!!

Ok, enough blabber for tonight I have to get moving!

And Paige, just droping a line and letting us know you're still hanging in is great!!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:31 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

AH--AH--AH--CHOO! I've spent the day doing mostly routine check-ups of my female plumbing, and between appointments wandered around the neighborhood the hospital's in, admiring the lovely homes and all the blossoms. I guess I inhaled a lot of pollen in the process....but it was nice to do all the medical stuff on one day, instead of trying to rush back to work.

I managed to lose two pounds last week, after being so worried about losing my focus while traveling. I'll be gone again on Friday, so I want to keep the momentum going. I need to lose seven more pounds by Memorial Day. I'm bringing seafood burgers to a co-worker's potluck tomorrow, so I know there will be at least one thing I can eat!

Hi, LadyBug! Nice to meet you. I'm trying to lose lots of weight over time, too. Do you have a specific eating plan in mind?

Robin, congratulations on the weight loss

Kerry--I love what you said about working out, I can really relate to it.

Kim--Have you seen a nutritionist? Sometimes they can help you identify a balance of foods that will work for you, since everyone is different. I've been avoiding most sugar and processed grains (including rice), and eating two, maybe three fruits a day, and lots of veggies and protein. I definitely don't eat sweets or bread before noon, 'cuz when I do I'm on a bender for the rest of the day. I love love love cereal, but it just makes me hungrier than before. I blame it on the years of going back and forth on low-fat diets. Anyway, South Beach seems like a reasonable plan, because you can eat fruit after the first few weeks, and it seems to be more heart-healthy than Atkins. I do a variation of it that I worked out with a doctor, and so far, so good!

Oops, gotta run! I hope everyone is doing great! I really enjoy your posts.

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:23 PM   #193  
kpe
Paige

Good Evening ladies!! Hope all is well with everyone!

Welcome Rebecca! I hope you find the motivation and encouragement here that you need. This is a fabulous group of women!!!!!

Judy- Boy, what a fun day you have had!!ha-ha Congrats on the 2lbs!!!! That's great, keep it up!

Kerry- I really like the live journal thing, It helps to keep me motivated. I like the idea of having everything accounted for so I can look back on it when I reach my goal!! Let me know if you try it. How did you do today with all the goodies at work!

Lori-I also am all for the no cash thing!!! It really helps me alot. As a matter of fact I walked by the vending machines today at work and I thought to myself "Gee, I haven't visited those in a long time!".

I managed to get my yoga in last night before I went to bed and I must say I slept really good!!!! It is getting easier each time I do it. I'd like to get up enough nerve sometime to actually go to a class. But that won't happen for awhile. Well we just got home from swimming lessons and I thought I would jump on and see how everyone was doing. I always like to hear about those extra pounds melting away!!! Keep up the good work everyone!
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:35 PM   #194  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Evening all, today was a great day. I lost 4 pounds since last WI. Granted some was due to the TOM ending, but some was just me being good. That is such a great way to start the day. For the last couple of months, all I saw was the scale going up. I have 7 pounds to go to be at where I was last November. I know I can do it.

I've had about 1300 calories today, draks tons of water and took my 3 dogs for a hike on the mountain logging roads. I huff and puff my way up the hills, then the down is like a breeze. I figure it all evens out. I couldn't go as long as I would have liked because of Kodiak's endurance was compromised by the abuterol experience.

Lori, I like the idea of not carrying cash. I always don't have any because if I do my teenagers seem to confiscate it. So I have exactly $1 in my purse. It does stop me spending money when co-workers go to Burger King/McDonalds. Can't buy if no cash. Lucky for me, they took out our vending machines at work.

Welcome Rebecca. What's cool about this site is that you can share as much as you want. No one's going to push you for more. I hope you enjoy Las Vegas. It's an interesting town. I'm going to Reno in a week and half for my 22 anniversary. The strips are very showy.

Paige, I journal on my Lifeform software. I have journals far back (about 5 years) of previous diets. I should go back and look at those. Maybe I can find a clue as to why I feel off the wagon. Might be interesting.

Well, that's about it from my end. Work was good and the weather was gorgeous. All together perfect day.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:31 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

Judy~My plan is start drinking more water, less pop, no more junk food, no more sweets, make better choices when getting fast food. Eat my fruits and veggies everyday, if you have any tips I will gladly take them!
~*LadyBug*~ is offline   Reply With Quote