Old 04-21-2005, 09:27 PM   #166  
kpe
Paige

Opps!!!! I am so sorry Lisa I forgot to welcome you to our group! I hope you find as much support here as we do. We have all had our ups and downs but we get past it and trudge on! Welcome!!!!
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:08 PM   #167  
Kim

Well, I made it back from the gym. Step class was unusually hard tonight. I don't think I've ever sweat that much. It was a great workout though. I've done pretty well with my eating so far. I had oatmeal and strawberries for breakfast and almonds and yogurt for snack. I'm planning on a boca burger on wheat, a salad and an orange for lunch. Dinner will probably be a lean cuisine and yogurt since I'll be at work.

Kerry-Way to go on the workout!!! You will notice a big difference in how much better you feel. 10 minutes is great for your first time on the elliptical. I could only do 5 minutes my first time.

Lori-Actually, I slept for 14 hours last night. I guess I was really tired. I slept from 2:00am until 4:00 pm.

Paige-Congrats on the weight loss!!!!

Joetta-Congrats on the new great nephew! Hope the niece feels better real soon.
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:02 PM   #168  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hiya Chickies, It's almost Friday and I took Monday off so weekend is looking great. I tried something new and opened Word as I was reading since there were so many posts and I didn't want to forget anyone. So I'm pasting my comments as I read. Boy did it get long. Also, food, exercise and water were all on the mark today. Yeah!

Robin, boy we have a lot in common these days. My DH is out of town too and I tend to eat breakfast for dinner. Tonight was the first night since he flew away that I had a dinner. The last couple nights were eggs. And isn’t having the whole bed great???? Kodiak came threw with flying colors. Today was the first day he seemed normal and the blood work came back “awesome” according to the vet. So there might not be any long term damage. I am so thankful. Good luck on the job situation. Arguments in the work place are so uncomfortable. Also, DH and I built our house and were our own contractor. I wouldn’t trade that for anything. We had control and weren’t at the mercy of a general contractor. I think you’ll like your choice to do it yourself. If subcontractors don’t do good work, fire ‘em. I did that and they promised to fix the job and then offered a $2000 reduction on the septic system. So it’s possible and profitable to do it yourself.

Kim, thanks for the brownie ideas. Also, great work on the exercise. It is a lot easier to exercise with someone else. Although I’ve noticed that my exercise partner, DH, and I tend to feed off each other’s non-motivation and skip it more than if I was doing it myself. Maybe DH isn’t such a great choice for an exercise partner.

Kerry, I’m a packin’ my bags. Hawaii sounds like a great destination. Sorry to hear that your weekend is shot but there’s a reason and it’s a good one. Please do keep your meds from the animals. The total vet bill was almost $300. Put it this way, I was lucky to have the money to just pay it. Usually that wouldn’t be in the budget.

Hey Lisa, welcome to a great forum thread. I think you can safely guess that all of us are busy too so you came to the right place. So far (other than not knowing if the position will be cut) I think I have one of the easiest jobs in that I have a 200 day contract, meaning I get 60 days off a year. It’s pretty cool. Hopefully it will last.

Lori, if we’re going to Hawaii and you’re traveling by boat from Pennsylvania, just where are you going to board? I did lousy in geography, but I’m pretty sure there isn’t any waterway to Hawaii from PA.

A small loss is way better than a small gain so WAY TO GO, Paige!!!!

Joetta, I’m a sucker for big dogs too. Kodiak is a tall boy, but skinny as a rail (Same as my two human boys) and my 2 female dogs are both overweight like me. My thoughts are with your new nephew, your little niece and the Dad in Iraq.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Have a great night and Friday!!!!!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #169  
Kerry

It's been a crazy busy day at work - lugging journals, trekking across campus and sweating too much. I think I got my workout for today.

I'm going to get my hair cut again tonight. This time I'm doing something more drastic than a trim. I'm very nervous! Then I'm going to a cookout with a friend, but I really haven't had much too eat all day (500 cal) and I've worked myself to death so I plan to indulge a litte.

Thank God it's Friday. I am glad this week is over. I need to sleep in tomorrow. I hope you are all having a good day and have fun weekends planned.

I'll check back in over the weekend!
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:57 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi, I'm taking a minute to say hey there, ladies! I'm back in town, exhausted, more from stress than traveling, but looking forward to getting back into balance over the weekend. Seattle was lovely, sunny and warm, and I managed to see some old friends in the course of work. I wasn't entirely eating per plan, but following the 80-20 rule and walking a lot, so I think I did okay.

I'll read your posts and do personals over the weekend. Until then, take care!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:34 PM   #171  

It's FINALLY FRIDAY!!! Somebody stop the clock so I can enjoy it!! I'm beat, and really need to cook something we can all eat! It's raining and chilly here in PA, I was so pleased with my new A/C I forgot to turn the heat back on last night, it was a bit frigid in the house this morning. We were all running late and to make matters worse Lead Foot Lori got a speeding ticket on my way to work! Oh Marie to answer your question, I would have drive across the US to get my boat to Hawaii, so I would need a month's head start!! And I'm so glad to hear Dakota is doing well!!

Joetta, I hope your niece is ok, samonella poisining is nothing to mess with for us adults, I couldn't even imagine a child having it.

Paige, Yea 2lbs way to go!!!!! Don't feel bad, for some reason I put on all kinds of extra pounds this week. I'm hopping it's just because I upped my weights that I'm lifting, coz I've done very well with my eating!

Kerry, sounds like you've got the new look bug!!! I usually do something drastic with my hair when I start slimming down, but I can't go much shorter with out getting a crew cut now!! But I have been considering letting it grow some. The only bad thing is I have a waive to my hair and it takes on a mind of it's own when it's long! Have fun at the cook out!! I'm saving my burger day for Memorial day and the goal weight (which I'm starting to worry)

Judy, glad your trip went well and your back!! What's the 80-20 rule??? And good for you for keeping your feet moving, espically away from home!

Kim, 14 hours??? OMG the kids would have sold tickets if I'ld have slept that long. Well what is it they were saying about not losing weight if you don't get enough sleep??? That should count for an awsome weigh in !!

Ok, I need to go cook, my oldest DS went to camp for the weekend, should be nice and peaceful around here for a couple of days, yea right!!!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:35 PM   #172  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi everyone, hope everybody is having a great Friday. I know I have. The 3 dogs and I went for a long hike and so I got some good exercise. I've been on plan and drinking my water. Unfortunately it is now TOM time to visit so WI didn't show my efforts this morning, but heck, it's Friday, so I didn't care. I have a trhee day weekend to enjoy and I plan on doing that on my plan. No deviations like the last couple of weekends.

Judy, glad you're back. Seattle was warm and sunny???? That's not fair. I'm only about 350 miles SOUTH of there and except today, it's been cold and rainy. I'm glad it was nice for you though.

Lori, a speeding ticket?!?!? I don't think that driving across the US will be very thrifty if you're a lead foot. By the way, if you lighten that lead load, it'll be less on the scales. Hahahaha. Can you tell I'm in a great mood?

Kerry, enjoy your barbecue. That sounds like fun.

Talk to you all over the weekend.
Marie
Old 04-23-2005, 08:28 AM   #173  

Good Morning Chickies !!

Hope everybody is having a great weekend, it is rainy and yucky here in PA! I don't know gang, I'm starting to get worried, it looks like I have put on 2lbs this week. Problem is I'm not sure why!! I'm seriously hoping it's just because I upped my weights and that it's just muscle, but how can ya not worry!!! I have been very careful about what I have eaten, maybe I'm going to have to shake things up! I'll have to think about that today!!
I'll keep checking back, not much to do with this misserable weather!
Old 04-23-2005, 09:59 AM   #174  
Kerry

Default Good Morning!

Well the cookout got rained out It poured all evening from about 5pm on. My hair looks great though. She cut most of it in layers up to my shoulders and chin, but gave me one longer layer underneath to lessen the shock. I really like it and can't wait to see what it looks like after I do it myself. I'm hoping I can just wash and go sometimes

I have a new recent obsession that worries me - Starbucks Frappuccino! I get the light one and the tall is only 230 cal, but last night I had the grande and it's 300! It is soooo good with that caffeine kick! They use splenda and fat free milk though. I'm going to have to be careful about those bc they are too close to work and everyone at work is into them as well. On another note, I discovered a Smoothie King just up the road as well that I can walk to so I intend to indulge in that for lunch this summer Yum! I'm really diggin the smoothie thing ladies. Thanks!

Did I mention that DH & I are really planning a trip to Hawaii for Christmas? My very best friend lives on Maui (moved there after college). I've been watching ticket prices and making plans in hopes that we would be able too. I think we might! I've been twice in the past six years for a total of a month on the island. I love visiting her and vacationing at the same time. Lori - this would not be a good first plane ride, but I don't think I could handle a boat. I get seriously sea sick and that's a long ride! Maybe if I hit the lottery we can all meet somewhere on the mainland

Marie - glad to hear you're on plan with the water, I have a lot of trouble with it. And don't worry about the WI during TOM I just went through that and now it looks like post TOM I am actually lower than I was prior. I hope the same for you.

Lori - I believe you are gaining muscle. After working out this week I don't see how one can lift weight and not gain. I can feel muscles I never knew existed! Don't worry about it and keep up the hard work! It's paying off bc I am sure you are feeling great.

Judy - Welcome back! I'm so glad that you had nice weather for your trip and you got some personal time in while away. I hope you're settling back in and we see more of you!

Joetta - How is your niece doing? I hope she's feeling better. We have a new baby in our family and one of my BF has a new nephew that I got to hold and love on last night. Ah babies...

Robin, Paige and Kim - I hope your doing well out there! Working your butt off and trying to lose weight can be all consuming huh? Take care and checkin when you can!
Old 04-23-2005, 10:31 AM   #175  

Marie, I read one of your posts about software and this Life form thing is really cool. I downloaded the sample and I just may have to buy this bad boy!
Thank you
http://www.lifeform.com/
Old 04-23-2005, 11:03 PM   #176  
kpe
Paige

Just a quick post tonight!! I hope everyone has been able to enjoy the day! It was a beautiful day here! I spent most of the day cleaning and grocery shopping...fun, fun, fun. I actually got to do my yoga dvd tonight without any interruptions!! That was a first...I waited until the kids went to bed. I feel really good having actually gotten through it...an accomplishment!! I'll check back in tomorrow.
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:13 PM   #177  
Lifelong Journey Member

Lori, I really like Lifeform. I paid the $39 at least four or five years ago. What's scary is how much I go up and down. It's given me proof I'm a yo-yo dieter. I want that to stop. I want to lose weight and keep it off this time. I use it to track TOM (since I'm perimenopause and it's changing so much), weight, and I use it for journalling and tracking whether I earned my 4 points (diet, exercise, water for a reward goal). I used to journal on it, then I started journalling on 3FC, but I went back to tracking my days/feelings on Lifeform. To say the least, I found it worth every penny. I know how many calories family recipes have and you can add new foods. It's a helpful tool.

I'm watching Nascar at the moment and Jeff Gordon was just leading but isn't anymore. I figure several of FullTime Working Stiffs are watching based on the beginning thread. I love wireless laptops!!!!

I've been good with water and diet today, but I didn't exercise. Unless we count walking around our new SuperWalmart - they keep changing it around and I walked the store several times. I spent too much money on clothes, but I love to shop. And the capris this year are really pretty.

Well, I'll talk to you all later.
Marie
Old 04-23-2005, 11:58 PM   #178  
Kim

Well, I made it through my "girls night" get-together. I did pretty well actually. I ended up having 1630 calories today, which is not bad considering all of the pizza and sweets. "The Notebook" was a real tear-jerker. I usually don't cry during movies, but I did towards the end of this one. I highly recommend it though if any of you haven't seen it yet. Tomorrow is Sunday which is my hardest "diet day". I have a hard time not binging on Sundays for some reason. It's probably due to the fact that it's my last 12 hour shift and I'm really tired. I can do it though. Hope you girls enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Kim
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:35 AM   #179  

Good Morning Gals!
A quick check in from chilly Ky! We had snow flurries this morning! The derby festival kicked off last night, and everyone was bundled up like eskimos!

Little Olivia is doing better with the samonella. Background on how she got it---She is 2, her sister is 4. Mom found a wet playset teapot beside the turtle tank, asked 4 yr old Lauren where the water came from, she told her it came from the turtle water. Then asked if she drank it, she replied, "No, Livvey did."

Went to a wedding yesterday--the girl that was such a butt-head at work. LONG day, was happy when that was over! I did very well with the eating, since the food was just finger foods, and the chicken salad and ham/biscuit sandwiches were really terrible. There was a chocolate fountain, but I don't like chocolate- so that was not a temptation!

Have a lot to do today to catch up--laundry, cleaning, getting office supplies ready for my day in Lexington tomorrow, oh, and the basket of ironing!!!!

Gotta run!
Joetta
KYColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:59 AM   #180  
Kerry

Default Good Morning!

Well it's barely morning and I just rolled out of bed. I stayed up late watching a movie and hanging out with DH. Then he stayed up even later over at the college working on his portfolio. I swear that boy has his days and nights mixed up at this point.

I was REALLY bad yesterday and I PAID for it. I had a lunch date with some of my girlfriends. We went to a new restaurant here in Charlotte called "Red Robin" it's a NW chain that has ventured into our neck of the wood. I had a huge hamburger with cheese and onion straws. I didn't eat too many fries, but I did drink TWO strawberry lemonades which were very sweet. I figure I consumed about 1000 calories in one sitting! I had heart burn for the rest of the day. I was going to go to the gym, but I thought I would get sick. So I went shopping instead. I bought a cute summer sweater set (sleeveless shell with cover) and another sweater to cover a shell I already own. I tried to find shoes with no luck. Needless to say, The only thing I had for the rest of the day was a small glass of sprite to settle my tummy and then a few bites of ice cream before bed. Today I go to the gym.

Joetta - the story with your niece sounds familiar. Sisters!! I never had one, but I have 4 nieces to witness the damage! Glad she is feeling better. And you survived the evil ones wedding. Bad food always help curb the eating. What's the point and why waste the calories right? It got way chilly here yesterday and today too. Brrrr... I hope you get everything done today!

Kim - I've seen "The Notebook" and I cried. How could you not? It was SAD. Then we watched "Ladder 49" last night and it was sad too. I have the movie "Birth" to watch this evening. I hope you can stick to plan tonight. That's quite a shift! Good luck!

Marie - I'm jealous of your wireless laptop. That will be one of my first indulgences after I've been working the new job awhile. I'm hoping to do it by the time DH starts in the fall so I can absolve myself from the office and give it solely to him for a studio. And where in the heck do you journal on 3FC? I need to investigate.

Paige - My day today will be like your yesterday, cleaning and groceries - yuck! So how'd you do at the Yoga? Do you fall over like me?

Well I'm off for now probably just to read a bit since life doesn't actually get moving here in SC until 1-2 pm when church lets out. Yep you heard that right, most business don't open until after church. I live right smack in the bible belt Today I will workout, read, grocery shop, watch movie, laundry and prepare for next week. Enjoy your Sunday ladies!