Old 04-04-2005, 07:55 PM   #31  

Hey Chickies! I wasn't late but the world flew apart after I got there!! I had to go to the bank because the credit card settlement check was going to bounce due to a hold from the bank (large check) After I transfered all the funds around to cover it I went back to work and felt better, then the _hit hit the fan. The credit card co. called and took back there offer, and they had my money! After wanting to cry, I got a grip come home and call the guys supervisor and really wined. He re-agreed to the settlement. Oh what a day! But with all the cheating over the weekend I did manage to lose a little weight. 2lbs Yea!!!

I was given this advice once about excerise once and it really works, every time you work out put a dollar in a jar. After X amount of days treat yourself to a reward.

Oh Robin, nothing worse than outlets not working. My renters called me a few weeks ago at 2 in the morning (on the weekend thank goodness) half the electric in the house wasn't working, and of course the furnace and sub-pumps were part of the not working. Long story short, it wound up being the transformer on the line, I would have never thought of that!!

Kerry, your aloud to say the school package is important, but you have to look like your going to stay even after that. Who would you hire, someone who will leave in 2 yrs. or the girl down the street who has lived there all her life and dosen't look like she'll ever leave. Focus girl, you got to land the job to save the money!!

I never told my job I would take a bigger pay cut to be closer to home and daylight. I just pointed out that they were important goals, but I was more interested in getting out of the corprate office and into a nice cozy family run business. Trust me, closer to home and daylight were way more important!!! I honestly would have sold my soul to the devil to not have to commute so far, I really missed my kids and their activites. They offered me alot more money than I expected so it all worked out!

Love to keep chatting but the bathrooms are crying to be cleaned!! I'll check back later!!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:57 PM   #32  

Joetta if you wind up having bad tile, ya know the "A" word PM me and I tell you what to do with them. That's now my line of work, the dumpster lady, as I was so graciously reffered to one day by a really dirty stinky guy!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #33  
kpe
Paige

And its only Monday.... How can one day last so long???? Today wasn't a bad day but i swear everytime I looked at the clock it just wasn't moving.

Thanks for the b-day wishes. It turned out to be a good day. My kids were very sweet and wanted to sing happy birthday all day. My daughter kept wrapping up her toys and bringing them to me as gifts. My DH surprised me with a bubble bath and a wonderful dinner that he made all by himself, and he doesn't know how to cook or so I thought. He cooked the samon and veggies on the grill and baked potatos. He then made fruit parfaits for dessert. What a sweety! He has been very supportive of my weight lose and didn't want be to blow it on my birthday. And it tasted delicious!!!

Today was sabbatoge at work. When ever we have something to celebrate the food always goes in my office because it is the best location. So this morning I walk in my office and 6 birthday cakes are set up on my back table. What are these people doing to me!!!! They know I am on WW it is no secret but this was insane. I was a cake pusher today!!! I offered cake to anyone that walked by even the fed ex quy!! And I am sorry but I can not stare at cake all day and not have any. It was good but I feel horrible for caving in.

And 3FCs need to add spell check to this stupid thing!!!!!!!

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:06 PM   #34  
Kerry

Marie - How did the rest of the day go? I don't think that's too bad. You only had a couple of Oreo's Yum! I have to have milk for those!

Robin - It sounds like you have been so productive. Way to go the distance at the laundry mat. You're a better woman than I am!

Judy - You had cookie sabatoge too!! I swear if it's chocolate flavored, covered, filled or chipped IT'S DANGEROUS around here!!

Lori - That's GREAT you lost 2 pounds!! You're on fire girl! I will be able to do an official weigh in tomorrow because I bought a new scale this evening.

Paige - I felt the same way about the clock today - it wouldn't budge. Don't feel bad about the cake. You deserved a piece of your own birthday cake!

As for the interview/job search front with me - everyone for all your input. Things have progressed with two additional Universities. One (our first pick in Richmond, VA) is checking references and my boss spoke to them last Friday. And the other (Univ of Georgia) contacted me for a 30 minute phone interview on Friday. Needless to say I am reading interview questions and practicing, I'm compiling my master list of questions I must ask them and preparing like a madwoman. It all seems overwhelming! I'm also being initiated into the Int'l Library Science Honor Society this Thurs, which is a great honor in my profession, but adding just a little more stress and pressure since it's a big event on campus followed by a reception yadayadayada!

So daylight savings has officially kicked my butt. I'm exhausted for no good reason. I can't focus at work bc I keep thinking about the interviews. OMG I'm going to lose my mind. Now is the time that I need to start working out to work some of this off.

I'm weighing tomorrow. Here's hopin
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:08 AM   #35  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Good evening/night

Good night everyone. This makes twice for me in one day. I'm on a roll. Actually, I'm sitting here at 8:53PM eating my Cream of Wheat cereal that I added some cinnamon, all spice, and nutmeg to (sorry for the bad grammar). I hate eating this late, but by time I got off work, went to Wal Mart, drove 45 minutes to get home, took the dog for a walk, and called some contractors, it got pretty late. But it would have been worse if I had gone to bed with my stomach growling. I can't sleep like that. So now my belly is full, and at least it's full of a low-fat, low-sugar, vitamin-enriched meal. Plus I love cereal of any kind.

Judy - Thanks for the book idea. I'll check it out. My time at the moment is more time related. I actually like strength training. It's the cardio I can't stand. I hate sweating. And I got to thinking, when we start building our house, I'll get in shape in no time moving lumber and stuff around.

Lori - Congratulations on the two lbs. We all work hard for every pound we loose. Even if it were really cold out (unless it was under zero), I wouldn't have called you at 2AM. I would have found a solution for the next five or six hours until I could call you at a reasonable hour. And if you are feeling bored, please feel free to come clean my bathroom, too. We have only one right now.

Paige - There is no way I could have resisted multiple cakes in my office. I can handle on, maybe two. But multiple cakes would be too much. And I think it was cruel and unusual punishment for them to put them in your office knowing that you are one WW.

;gvb;.;'/f;'p;gfp]uiryu7 - My kitty says, "HI." She loves to help me type.

Kerry - Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow. Congratulations on your award. That's quite an accomplishment. And I hope you get the job in Richmond. If they're checking your references, they must be serious. And the fact that you won the Int'l Library Science Honor Society award should help a lot.

Have a great night every one. I'll check back in tomorrow.
Robin
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:14 AM   #36  
Kerry

So I weighed this morning and I'll take my 1 pound loss. I think this is how it will remain with me a pound at a time if I don't do something different. I don't think I stand a chance of meeting my goal. I am just so exhausted, mostly mentally and short on time. When I get home after fighting traffic I go straight to the computer to catch up on all the email, study these universities and questions. I'm overwhelmed - I'll say again.

I need to make an appointment to get my hairs cut. I don't want to and I don't want to spend the money, but I have long annoying hair that gets way outta whack if not trimmed every three months. I have this ceremony of Thursday, so I guess I should try to do it before then. :sigh:
Old 04-05-2005, 02:24 PM   #37  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

I hope your day is going great. Mine is a bit boring because of the work I'm doing. But what it does is give me time to surf and of course, I just surf here. Lori, great news on the lose. Kerry, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you (get the haircut for the interviews too). Paige, that was just plain mean of your co-workers. I know their heart is in the right place, but us dieters can't be surrounded with cakes and be expected to not succumb. I just ain't going to happen.

Yesterday, I promised I'd be good for the rest of the day and I was. No more snacking and I did exercise. Today has been going much better. It's almost lunch time and I'm hungry. I can't say that for the last few days since I snacked throughout each morning. Today I'm hungry and I have a nice healthy lunch.

Hopefully after work, the weather will hold out on its rain so that I can take the dogs out into the woods and go for a walk. My aim is to workout 4 days a week and be active on the other three. Today would be an active day. I love going in the woods and watching my youngest husky run. He's just a beautiful animal and his power when he runs is amazing. So today, that's what I'm planning on. If it rains, I will do an exercise and have it as my fourth day for the week. I'd rather the walk.

Be good today and keep writing. I love this thread.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:40 PM   #38  

What a beautiful day in PA, my kids jumped me when my car door flew open "can we go for a bike ride", not today, but tomorrow would be better if the weather keeps up!! My goodness, work was busy, everybody must be doing spring clean ups. I've got to get the house cleaned up, my aunt is stopping by this weekend for breakfast and I would like for her to have a place to sit when she gets here .

Is it just me or what, I was starving today and the same thing happend yesterday when it was time to leave work. I don't know if it's just the time change, but I should be able to go an hour longer since we turned the clocks ahead!

Trust me Robin, cleaning anything is the second to the last thing I want to do. Laundry is my #1 dislike!!! And trust me she got some really stupid answers out of me until I really started to wake up!

Paige, not one angle food cake??? That's just not right, I thought they were all on WW too??? Are they not doing as well as you or what??

Marie, I hope you got your walk in, or did the dogs walk you??

Kerry, go get your hair cut silly girl!!! I love to get mine done it always makes me feel better, well dying it too does the same thing! Besides you deserve to do something for yourself (before you go crazy)!! Way to go on the 1lb, still moving in the right direction!! I went weeks with only a 1lb loss at a time, that's why I picked the turtle for my ticker!! Hey and just think of how a hair cut will show off your thinner face!!

Oh and Paige, I agree with the spell checker, yep, could really use one!! And that was very impressive of DH, not only to cook but also be diet smart too! Do you rent him for parties and stuff? How about just show and tell, as in tell my DH he can move the clothes to the dryer and not have to lose his dirty mechaninc look!! Although he would have to wash his hand first, someone will need to tell him that too! I can't complain, if I ask he will do it, but foget doing it on his own!!

Ok, going to clean some more, check back later!!!

Last edited by lmatis; 04-05-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:17 PM   #39  
Kerry

I made an appointment to get my hairs cut but at the end of the call the receptionist told me that the price has gone up to $40! I mean I thought $30 was salty!!! So I don't know what I'm gonna do. I can't get in before Monday, so I might cancel and shop around. Ugh! Probably is I got it done down here it would be less. I'll definitely get it cut before the interview.

I'm not so sure that UGA is a good option for us. DH says that their program doesn't look like it line up too well and they have an admission policy that says they'll only accept 6 hours towards an art major. I've put in a call to the program director. What a mess. Why can't this all be easy - like this is where you are meant to go and we'll take good care of you both. I'm still feeling good about Ohio though.

I've wasted another evening and I have no good plans for dinner. I feel like grabbing a bite because I'm tired and don't want to cook. I guess I'll drag my butt out there and see what there is to do about it all.

I'll see you all later
Old 04-05-2005, 08:32 PM   #40  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Another day down

Tomorrow's hump day, that means only three more days to the weekend. My next official weigh-in day is this next Monday, but I snuck a peek at the scale this morning and was 189. That's the first I've been under 190 for quite a while. I just hope I can keep it down that low for Monday's weigh in. Problem is, I weighed in at home, first thing in the morning, while wearing only a T-shirt and underwear. I can't exactly wear that while I'm weighing in at work. But if the weather's nice, I can wear some lightweight capris and a T-shirt. And I always take my shoes off before I weigh. I still feel good about the 189, though.

Kerry - One pound is still one pound less than before. At least you're going in the right direction. I've been losing only about one pound a week, too. It's slow, but I think it's a better way to lose because your skin and body can adjust to the loss easier. Also, if the job isn't feeling right, then it probably isn't right. Go ahead with the interview and get a better feel for the place, but if you and your dh don't feel great about, I would hold out. You've got other prospects.

Lori - I've been hungrier, it seems, at the end of the work day, too. I hate day light savings. Or rather I just hate changing the clocks twice a year. I really don't care which way it goes, but I wish the powers that decide these things would just pick a time and stick with it. I'll adjust my schedule as needed.

Marie - I love taking our dog for walks in the woods, too. We live on the edge of the mountains, near a reservoir. And hiking in the woods along the water's edge is always nice. I love to listen to the birds and watch the wildlife, too.

Have a great evening.
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:48 PM   #41  

Oh Robin, I'm jealous of your walking area, you'll have to send pictures of the water and mountain!!! We have a path/trail near our river and the scenery is just beautiful, everybody uses the trail, bikes, walkers, dogs walking their owners, runners, but no motorized anything. From a picture you would think it was perfect! BUT, on any good hot summer day and a breeze blowing in the right direction the river stinks like fish YUCK!!! Yea on the 189, I always weigh myslef at home with the same kind of clothes. But just seeing that number drop for 9's to 8's is serious motivation.

Kerry, I wouldn't spend $40 on a hair cut, that's a rip off!! Ok maybe not in your area even $30 is outragous here. We have a Fantastik Sam's and I usually spend about $20 with the tip! No wonder you don't want to spend the money OUCH! I don't know that dumb old Flowbie is sounding pretty reasonable !!

My friend, the Barbie look alike, she is so excited about me still working out, she dropped of a sample of whey protein powder. She insistes that I need it to replenish my muscles, potasium (sp?), and a whole list of things. It reminds me of slim fast, I just love her to pieces, but I'm shocked she drinks these straight up. I'm thinking ice in a blender!! They are low cal so it can't hurt anything! Can you see I'm not getting much cleaning done! Oh well this will be a swiffer dusting, sweeper, and swiffer moping clean week! No pledge and 409, I'm just not in the mood to spend that much time! Besides, when would I squeeze in my work-outs, I mean really who cares if you can't get in the door, my butt is getting smaller! I'm getting slightly worried my priorities might be a little twisted??? Hey, they got dinner and clean clothes, I can't be all wrong !! I'm going to hit it for the evening, I'll catch up tomorrow!

Last edited by lmatis; 04-05-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:46 PM   #42  

Robin, thanks for thinking of my heealth on the tiles--the house is not that old, and the previous owners just wanted carpet, and the tiles were in good shape, soo--at any rate, they are not asbestos--but thanks again for thinking of that!

Kerry, take it for what it is worth, but one of the ladies that I hired last week impressed me with a statement. She looked me in the eye, put her hands palm down on the table and said "I really want this job, I know that I can learn your system, and I promise you that if you hire me, I will be here on time every day, I will work hard, and I will make your business grow." She got the job. Of course she also had the qualifications, but it is nice to hear people zoning in on that rather than , "when do I get my first vacation? how many sick days do I get? how long do I have for lunch? when do I get a raise?....etc" While I realize those can be important questions, an employer likes to hear that you really want THAT job, not that you want A job. Again, take that for what it is worth...
And Best of Luck!!!!!!!!Knock 'Em Out!!!!!!!!!!!

And to all of you---you are putting a guilt trip on me for not exercising like the rest of you are. Keep it up!

3 hour drive tomorrow--will catch up later

Joetta
KYColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:51 PM   #43  
Kerry

Robin - I sneak peeks at the scale all the time. That is AWESOME that you had a good sneak peek! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the official weigh-in puts you below as well.

Lori - I have trouble with all of those shakes/drinks. I have a coworker that has lost a lot of weight using one of them and tried to get me to use it and I refuse. I need variety and FOOD! And who cares if the house isn't sparkling - YOU ARE!

Joetta Dear you are surviving! YAY! BTW - you will not find me guilt trippin about any exercise. I am a bad bad girl myself. I spend my whole life in front of the shallow screen!

Maybe after I land the job things will change, but currently I am still super stressed. I was contacted to set up another phone interview for next week with another University. It is a cool job and one that I would be SO happy with although I am a tiny bit underqualified. Enthusiasm has to count for something though right? So right now I have one campus interview in May and two phone interviews in the next week. VCU still hasn't called

I canceled the salty hair appt and made another one down near where I live (smaller town) and she's getting me in tonight. So I am happy that I'll have a new hair cut for the event tomorrow. I am wearing the most skinny-looking outfit I can put together! And wearing it with pride - cute black skirt (above the knee) and blouse with pink & white flowers on black. I can't wait to look devine!

Ok - I'll check in later. I hope you're all doing well getting through this Wednesday.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:11 PM   #44  

Oh my, can you say TIRED !!! I'm actually having an afternoon cup of coffee, DH said take a nap, but I'm afraid I won't sleep if I do! This was my early morning and with the time change it REALLY felt early!! I did manage to get my work out in last night, and I'm going to do tonights before I acidentally pass out some where ! It is so warm here today, but tomorrow they are calling for rain. I think I've mentioned before that my current home is a tin box (a double wide), any way I worked out a deal last year with my sister-in-law/my renter and gave her my window A/C's and I was going to take her old central air. (her old house, the one she lost in the bankruptcy, had the same furnace as mine) Anyway, when we went to get it there was a hole in the condenser and it was ruined. I used fans all last summer, well I managed to get some of my credit cards to settle enough to have the money to get a new A/C unit, a really nice kid installs them in his spare time so they are dirt cheap and name brand units! I'm soooo excited, I'll be able to keep working out right through the summer, no excuses this season!

Kerry, stay calm, remember what Joetta said "I want this job"!!! When you decide who has the best package deal for you use that line! You have experience and you can learn anything. Trust me I've gotten all of my jobs because I pick up very quickly and I'm not affraid to try something I don't know! I have a degree in office administration and I now schedule loads of sulfuric acid to be picked up, manifested, and disposed of. You just can't learn that in a class room. Remind me some time to tell you about working as a county case worker (the girl who was to train me called off sick 3 weeks straight) and I was the only other case worker besides her. The girl who trained her was off from a surgery, and our immedate boss was in the hospital with a sever infection. Our higher up boss said "I'm glad it's not me in your seat" It's a great story, I ought to write about it some time!

Joetta, I'm glad your about done, not only for greedy reasons (we miss you) but for your own sanity too!!

Judy, I wanted to tell you, and I forgot, that I froze a couple boxes of GS cookies to keep myself from eating them. I figure that when I'm ready for a cheat they are in there and I can have them any time I REALLY need to! Talk about your mind games!! But it does seem to be working!!

Paige, my bosses wife had her birthday today and I ate a piece of cake, I don't even like cake, but I did skip the cookies and ice cream! She was so sweet this morning and told me how thin I was looking (I had a dress on that I haven't worn in 3 yrs. We talked and she did WW back in the day and was telling me about her crying the first week she weighed in and gained 2lbs. She looks good now, and has done a pretty good job at keeping most of her weight off except for a few pounds.

Marie, aren't snacks the worst! I'm glad your doing better with yours! And for goodness sakes don't beat yourself up about working out! Unfourtantly I have been up and down the scales soooo many times that I know with out the work-out that I just can't lose the weight. So I don't have much of a choice, it's either jump up and down on the box and watch what I eat or be over weight and misserable. But I will tell you something, I always dread working out and usually wait to the last minute before bed. But when I'm done I always feel refreshed and I am darn glad I did it!

Wow this got really long, sorry gang! I'm going to bed early tonight so I'll catch up in the morning!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 06:42 PM   #45  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everybody, things are going really good. I'm on track and have been making my mini-mini goals. Yesterdays was to eat healthy and within calories and be active in someway last night. Well, I was definitely active. DH and I took the dogs for a walk on a mountain. I wanted nice and flat but voila, there were hills. I swear we went up 90% of the time and down the other 10%. I know that it's 50/50 but I puffed and huffed my way up the trail. It was just beautiful out and the woods are so pure. It was fun.

I met DS's new girlfriend last night. She was very nice, but a little shy. I suppose meeting the PARENTS is a hard thing.

I've been on track all day and tonight's exercise night. I already talked to DH about starting at 5:00 and he agreed. We exercise together. So, tonight I will be on my Gazelle, striding to last night's American Idol (met the girlfriend and had to record it).

Lori, I too have been up and down way too many times. I know I have to exercise or that scale ain't going to budge. So I'm trying to be good, food and exercise wise and know that I will have bleeps along the way. But I can only do my best and will always get back on the wagon if I fall off for a day. That's the pledge to myself.

Kerry, have fun with the new haircut. I love going to the salon and having my hair washed. They do such a nice job and it's heavenly to sit there and have someone massage your scalp. Enjoy the outfit tomorrow night.

Joetta, your mess sounds horrible. Congrats on almost being done.

Robin it sounds like you live in paradise too. I love the mountains and woods. I wouldn't trade living here for anything. I just love it. And today is even nicer than yesterday (although tomorrow is supposed to be icky). So much for me living in a high mountain desert area. It rains here occasionally.

Have a great night and I'll talk with you all tomorrow.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote