Old 02-17-2005, 10:08 AM   #196  
The next BIG FAT LOSER!!

Good morning everyone! It is not even 10am and I have already gone to tan and to Curves. Now I just want to crawl up on the couch and go to sleep until time to go to work! I was thinking the other day that I will probably need another vacation when I get back from this cruise just so I can rest. With everything to do on the ship and at the ports, when in the world do you even rest!?!?

Paige~ Good luck with your weigh in today. I hate weigh in day (except for when I step on the scale and see that it did actually move in the right direction)! As for the paddling thing.....Girl, I would HATE to have your job. There are days when I get so frustrated with my 5 year old and I could not even imagine having an entire school of kids to look after. Being a nurse in corrections I get to see the other side of the spectrum. It upsets me so much to hear these mothers that are in and out of the jail talk about their children acting out. I just want to say to them so bad that if they would get their lives straightened out and be at home with their children, giving them the love and support that they need, then maybe their children would behave a little more. But enough about that. Happy thoughts only!!

Well gang, I better get off of this darn computer. Everyday I complain that I never seem to get anything done other than work out and tan before work and then it dawns on the that I sit in front of this crazy computer all morning!!

Have a great day!
lpnin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:48 PM   #197  
Kerry

DH & I were just talking about him getting paddled in school recently. Both of us wondered if they still do it anywhere in the US and I guess there's the answer to that.

Sounds like everyone is doing good! Jenn I am so jealous of your cruise, but I know what you mean about a vacation wearing you out. I think we're going to try to take a short trip down to FL, but there is so much we want to do that I'll have to take an extra day off just to sleep upon return.

I got on the scale this morning and I swear that it said 152 , but I was tired and groggy so I'm not counting it yet. I think it was in between the 2 & 3! You ladies are so right about the clothes though. I used to laugh at my mom growing up bc she called them practice pants. Now I know exactly what she means! I have a pair of practice pants in the top of my closet as well that are fitting better and better. I hope to pull out a size smaller soon to start practicing.

I've been busy with the job search, work and my side work doing web dev. I have a full weekend of more work and my folks are coming to visit for the day on Sun (they live about 2 hours away). I have had a hard time keeping up on our thread and posting. I guess that's the nature of being a working stiff!

I'll be able to check in more over the weekend, which I think is the case with most of us. Have a great Friday everyone!!
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:04 PM   #198  

GIVE ME STRENGTH TO JUMP UP AND DOWN ON THAT STUPID BOX AGAIN! Hope everybody had a great day, we were busy at work so I only poped in and caught up at lunch, no time to chat ! Unfourtanatly I'm busy tonight too. I forgot to set something out for dinner, so it took forever to get it ready! Now I need to clean up the dishes, fold a load of laundry, pack lunches and jump on that dumb box!!! FRIDAY at 5:30pm can't get here fast enough!!!
I'll probably go to bed when I get this all done so I won't be back till morning so everyone stay focused and I'll be back!!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:58 PM   #199  
kpe
Paige

Angry #@%^%*&%*&&))(&^^%$%#@?!$^^%

I cursed like a sailor all the way home today. I only lost .4lbs. I am so disappointed!!!!!!!!!! The only thing we can figure out is that I'm not eating all my points and I already knew that. So this week I am eating every last damn point I have!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other then that today was great. Work was great, no one came to the office today. YEAH!!!

I have to spend tonight cleaning house because my mom and stepdad are coming tomorrow for a few days and my mom can spot dust 200ft. away. She usually straightens up the kitchen cabinets every time she comes because it drives her nuts. She asked me if it bothered me that she does that and I simply said hey if it makes you happy knock yourself out. So I am sure that no matter how much I clean tonight she will find something that needs her "attention" while she is here.

I didn't get on the treadmill last night so I need to make sure I get that in tonight as well.

Here's to a bigger weight lose next week!!

Talk to ya'll later (as they say in Texas)!

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:47 PM   #200  

Default It's only Thursday?????

I spent the day in Lexington today, and signed a lease on new office space. So the next few months are going to be insane!!! It is a 3 hour round trip, and I will have to be there a lot to get the thing going and to hire someone to train to be there full time so that I can just do 2-3 days a week.
On the bright side, the location is perfect, and the potential is great!
I am concerned about not having any time to exercise though--I'll be sitting on my butt most of the day.
I'll just have to figure out how to work that one out.

I know how it feels to work so hard all week to lose weight and then the scale just does not move! But please dont give up! Consider it muscle, the body compensating for the water loss, whatever, just know that eventually it will have to move south! Hey--at least it is not going up!!!!

I find it interesting that paddling is still allowed--When I moved North, I had planned to teach, but having no control over the kids was a big issue with me.

Have a great evening
Hang in there all!
Joetta
KYColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:47 AM   #201  
kpe
Paige

Wink What to do???

Good morning everyone!!

I don't have to work today!

The kids are at school/daycare!

And it is the start of a new week (weigh in wise). Your right at least the scale didn't go up so I need to focus on the positive.

My house is clean. My mom and stepdad are coming this evening and I have the whole day to do whatever I want. I just don't know what to do with myself. I get a day like today about twice a year. Maybe a pedicure/manicure is just what the doctor ordered for today!!! Well gotta hop in the shower and get on with the day.

Have a great Friday ladies.

Paige
Old 02-18-2005, 11:43 AM   #202  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Paige, don't be so discouraged. You may just be exchanging fat for muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. So don't feel bad for one week's scale response. And while your're losing weight, no matter how much you exercise and don't eat, you're going to hit plateaus. It's just your body adjusting to everything. You'll start seeing the pounds drop off again. I'm sure of it. Just stick with what you're doing. (Besides, there's that whole female thing with the hormones and such.) That's why I weigh myself only once to twice a month.

If you exercise, it will go.

Robin
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 06:45 PM   #203  

Paige, I would kill for a 4lb loss in one week! I usually lose 1-2 if I'm lucky ! One week I only lost 1/2 lb. so 4lbs means your doing great!!!

Ok the scales are not looking to promising this week, Ok I peeked! But even if I didn't lose I'm all excited that my endurance and fitness level has improved!! I was able to do my whole step tape, arms and all from beginning to end!!! I'm impressed with myself! I'm planning on measuring this weekend so we'll see if I have any number changes in this area.

Did I mention I'm sooooo glad it's FRIDAY? Well I am!! The kids are helping to finish up some left overs so I don't have to cook big tonight (thank goodness) I think I'm gonna make myself a tuna boat tonight so I'm going to go eat, I'll be back!!!
Old 02-18-2005, 06:53 PM   #204  
kpe
Paige

Default I wish!!

Lori- I would kill right now for a 4 lb weight loss too. Unfortunately in was .4 lbs. Anyway I just got on quickly to check my mail etc... My hubby has a project he is working on and will be on the computer all night. I'll check in with you all tomorrow.

Paige
Old 02-18-2005, 07:20 PM   #205  
Robin

I need to vent. I know that some people just don't get how hard it is for others to lose weight. But why do they have to they have to make it even worse by being inconsiderate. I've done really well all week - no sugar or sweets, at least up until this afternoon. There are only six people in my immediate office. Three thin people who can literally eat whatever they want, and the other three of us who are all at least 50lbs overweight. My boss, one of the thin ones, brought in a icecream birthday cake this afternoon for one of the other thin people. I was the only overweight one in the office at the time. They went to serve it up and I refused. I really didn't want any. The three of them gave me a hard time about it. I finally relented and told them I wanted only the smallest piece possible. I took the piece back to my cubicle, where I wasn't going to eat it, but just throw it away. As I said, I really didn't want this cake. Just as I went to throw it away, my boss said I could (meaning should) go join them at the conference table. So I ended up going over there and picked at the cake. When they saw that I wasn't really eating it, they kept giving me a hard time about it. I finally just ate the *&^$ thing to shut them up. Now, I'm pissed at myself for giving in, and pissed at them for not being more sympathetic. I can honestly say it will not happen again. Next time, I'm just going to tell them that if they don't like me trying to better my health, then they can shove it ....

The coworker, that I have a weightloss challenge with, and I just got back from a walk. He wasn't in the office while the cake was being served. So, he got lucky.

It was my 3rd walk of the day, though. I've taken three, approx 3/4mile walks today. And I will still do my 2-mile walk tonight. And I will go hiking and work out this weekend. But I'm still mad...

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:35 PM   #206  

Ok, I have an idea! Here is how you handle this, you must tell them that you were at the Dr. and your blood pressure and cholestoral levels are dangerously high. If you don't get on the ball and get in better shape you will have to start taking medications. People are jerks about others being heavy, but nobody wants anything bad to happen to you. It's best if your going to play this number to do it soon before cake is served up again! That way it dosen't look like a last minute ditch to avoid the cake. I'm not kidding this works, I have gotten out of all kinds of junk food the past month because I told everybody loudly that I had to go see my thyroid Dr. and if I didn't drop 10lbs before I went she would put me on diet pills, oh and I said they had a real hiddous side effect. I'm such a liar !! But I do have to go to the Dr. that wasn't a lie, but she would only give pills if I asked for them! I figure that should get me to the appointment and my first goal. When I get back from the Dr. I'll have a whole new excuse (I just have to think of one)! And yes that was rude, but on the other hand they have apperantly never had a problem. We have a Dairy Queen up the road so ice cream cakes are always popping up, not to mention dilly bars. I have lactose problems, and it is painful, so they let me off the hook when I mention it! They have no idea how bad it would be for them !!! When all else fails LIE LIKE A RUG!!!!
Old 02-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #207  
Robin

I don't lie very well. People can always tell. And besides, we've sat around and talked about our health issues, and other than needing to lose weight, I'm very healthy. My blood pressure and cholesterol are very low (good low); I recently took a glucose tolerance test and passed with flying colors (which they all know about); and I'm the only one in my office that hasn't had the flu or a cold this year. So, I seriously doubt that they would buy into any Dr.'s orders thing. I'm just going to tell it like it is. If they don't like it, too bad.

And this icecream cake was from DQ.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:20 PM   #208  

Default My two cents worth....

Robin,
I have a habit of being brutally honest, so when I read your post, I thought if that were me...I would, like you, be angry with myself. So next time, I would just say, hey guys, I got really pissed at myself the last time I let you talk me into eating something that I really didn't want--so go ahead and bug me all you want---I AM NOT EATING THAT TODAY!!! It takes me too much extra time exercising just to get rid of calories that I really didn't want in the first place!

I'm all for no lies--but that gets me in SOOOOOO much trouble! Especially with idiot co-workers! But I think it will earn respect in the long run.

And you might ask, "Hey, do I bring in alfafa diet drinks and force them on you? Back off!"

Go get 'em girl!
Joetta
KYColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 10:43 PM   #209  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYColonel
"Hey, do I bring in alfafa diet drinks and force them on you? Back off!"
Alfafa?? That sounds rough even on the most seasoned dieter!
Yea, that's about as straight forward as it gets! My co-workers push because they are afraid that somebody will feel left out, it always takes me back when I say no and they keep pushing, I would never do that to anybody. But that's just me, I know my one friend who has always been thin (even during pregnancy) has a real hard time excepting no thank you from me, she wants to understand and be supportive, but she just doesn't get it. You can cheat today, you don't do it everyday, but what she dosen't understand is that there are temptations every day. I have tried explaining it to her 100 times over and well my cat understand better than she does. I agree Robins co-workers sound like they might need an eye opener. I couldn't take that aproach at work, they would get offended. My honest truth with them is I'm tired of my knees, feet and back hurting so I'll pass on the sweets. No thank you and disappearing saves alot of hounding and ill feelings, it's sooo hard when they just don't understand!
Old 02-19-2005, 08:23 AM   #210  

Good Morning ! It's a cold morning here in PA, and I didn't want to get out of my warm blankets! But I can't lay there forever, or can I??? Ok, I'm going to send out an update of our short bio's.

Ok, let's get this receipe sharing together PM, or email me your favorite receipe. Let's make this week a dinner theme, please include the nutrition values (if you know them)! Let's make the dead line for this weeks receipes Friday, I'll put them all together and make one big post next Saturday.

I have to get a shower, go get my hair cut, and go to the grocerie store today! I still haven't found my fat free parm. cheese, so I'm going to check another store today! I think if I find it I best buy a case!!

I hope everybody is having a GREAT weekend!!!