Old 02-14-2005, 09:21 PM   #166  

Default Happy Valentine's Day!-What's left of it!

Congrats to you all on the losses!!! I didn't dare step on the scale this morning- I feel so bloated and crampy that the 50lb extra weight that i must be carrying around right now would really get me off to a bad start! Give me a few days on that one...

I survived the b'day party--wound up having 4 college kids (2 couples) and an 11 yr old follow me home. One of the couples is thinking about buying a home, and wanted me to crunch numbers and give them advice. I ended up driving to Louisville (about 45 miles away) to give them my opinion on a house that they are looking at. But it is so cool to me to help young ones get a good start--that gets my motor revved!!!

The Boy Scout Court of Honor tonight was not too bad for me. I ate more than I would have here at home, but I concentrated on the veggies--I left the dessert table alone!

I showered and washed my hair this morning and didn't bother to curl it, and once I got to work, I got really busy and never got the makeup on. I knew that I had no appts scheduled, so I didn't bother. But of course, THIS had to be the day that clients just dropped in all day!!! Just kept telling them--I actually do better work than my appearance would lead you to believe....

It is late, but I am going to hop on the sweat generator for a while.

Joetta
KYColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:24 PM   #167  

I'm so sorry Robin!!! I really meant to give you a big welcome right off the bat--but instead it was all about mememememememememememe

Welcome!!!! We are a new group just getting to know each other and you are most welcome to jump right in!
Jo
Old 02-14-2005, 10:19 PM   #168  
kpe
Paige

Default Update

Just a quick update on my first trial run (sort to speak) on the new treadmill. I did 1 mile in 20min. Not great but not to bad. I got interrupted with bed time for the little ones. Tomorrow I need to time it a little better so that I can walk further.

Robin, I too forgot to say welcome. I am soooooooooooooo sorry!!!!!

Last week I ordered a Trading Spaces shirt and it arrived today. Is anyone else a fan?? I am so depressed they are switching to a hostless format and Paige is leaving. I don't know if she was fired or left on her own accord. Anyway since they are changing formats they are also changing their logo so the shirts are on sale for $4.99 instead of $40.00.

I have a new house and need ideas so I am an HGTV/TLC junkie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to another day around the corner.

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 06:31 AM   #169  

Robin, welcome!!! I have a list that I've PM'ed every body and I will get it to you tonight with names and short bio's it's nice to print for quick reference since we are all so busy not everbody is here every day and it can get confusing. If you want you can pm me a short bio and I can add you ot the list.

Good morning ladies ! Oh am I tired this morning, I stayed up to late and still missed the news getting lunches, dishes and laundry done. I wound up working out while CSI was on, I didn't know I could stretch my neck that far! Well I'm gong to cut this short since I played the snooze button like a piano this morning I didn't leave myself much time!
I'll check back in later today!!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 06:35 AM   #170  

Mornin' all!
I am up a bit earlier this morning--I'll actually do something with the hair and face BEFORE I get to the office. 13 more days until the Evil Judge is gone!!!! The countdown is on!!!! It makes going to work so much easier to deal with.
Have a good one gals!
Joetta
Old 02-15-2005, 11:04 AM   #171  
The next BIG FAT LOSER!!

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day and didn't pig out too much on candy!

I just got back from the dentist. I had to have a root canal done. I had a tooth filled back in November and I started having a lot of pain and it was SUPER sensitive to cold. At least the worst part is over and I don't have to worry about it acting up while I'm on my cruise. Now that my entire right side of my face is numb, I don't feel like going to work out. Which really sucks because I was planning on going every day this week. Oh well! What's one day in the big scheme of things.

Well, I'm gonna go lay down for a while before I have to head in to work this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day.
lpnin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:49 PM   #172  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Good morning everyone!

Hello again. I hope everyone had a good valentine's day. Mine was pretty good. My husband and I had gone out to dinner on Saturday, so we didn't do too much last night. We usually walk about two miles every evening, but the weather was too cold and windy last night. I can manage the cold, but cold and windy - I prefer to just stay inside. I played with our dog for about 20 minutes, which is somewhat aerobic. He's a 90lb German shepherd and loves for us to chase him with his ball. Then while I was trying to do some crunches and weights, he had to come help me on the floor. He's blind and ended up stepping on me while I was on the floor. And since I was down there, he decided it was a good time to play. Needless to say, I didn't get many crunches done.

My husband and I are about to build a new house. We're in the process of buying the property and planning the house. So, I love home improvement shows, especially Trading Spaces. And from what I understand, Paige's contract just wasn't renewed due to the new format. Personally, I think the new format will hurt the show. But since I'm not a TV exec, what do I know? I also hoping that while we're working on the property and house, I'll burn some extra calories. I'll be glad when the days are longer.

What kind of information do you want on the PM? I'm assuming that's personal message? My background is in the computer industry, and I'm currently working as a parent locator for foster care cases. Between the two, I have too many acronyms to remember, so I just prefer to write things out when I can. It's actually faster for me.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll check back in later.
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:48 PM   #173  

Hi all - I am not new to 3fc but I am new to this group. I thought you might be a good group to ask the following question which I've been pondering:

Does anyone have any good strategies for dealing with work-related events with food? My current job has a lot of birthday things with cake, occasional staff lunches out on the director, and every week there is a fellow giving a presentation at lunch to which we are invited. I really like my coworkers and I've shot myself in the foot in previous jobs by being too standoffish, so I don't want to be "no, I will go sit in the corner and eat my tofu." But the work 'splurges' are really affecting my ability to lose weight and my willpower to resist such treats outside of work. Any ideas about how I can deal with this constructively but still be friendly?
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 06:34 PM   #174  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Eating at Work

Hello. I used to work for a firm in which on of the employees had a very serious heart condition. He couldn't eat most of the food that was always available around the office. He would usually bring his own lunch and snacks. However, he didn't let that stop him from joining us when we ate out as a group, or had a catered lunch, or anything. He just brought his food with him and ate with us anyway. We never had a problem with it. And because he still chose to join us, he was never considered to be standoffish. He was just watching very closely what he ate, and we respected that. I would bet that you'd find the same thing at your work if you just explain to everyone that you are trying to get healthier, and in order to do that, you need to eat better. Hope it helps.
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:04 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi! Sorry for being MIA for a few days. Work has been all-consuming, and I've spent my evenings rushing around doing chores and volunteer stuff.

Congratulations to everyone for dropping the weight! Jenn, you're putting me to shame I totally lost focus last week, and haven't lost anything. Plus I did something to my back at the gym on Saturday, and am just now able to turn my head and lift my arm without swearing loudly....

I'm re-reading a book called Weight Loss Through Persistence. It's helping me to remember that everyone who's lost weight and kept it off has gone through peaks and valleys, but kept at it, and didn't give up because they lost momentum, or because life got in the way. You are all giving me lots of inspiration to hang in there, so thanks!

Re treats at the office: I firmly believe in lying. Allergies, an upset stomach, I'm still full from lunch, I just brushed my teeth, whatever. People will give me grief about 'dieting' (and I'm obviously overweight!) so I don't even go there. It's great when your co-workers will support you, but I think that most people are tired of hearing people like me go on about carbs/fat/sugar and some feel like they're being criticized for enjoying the treats. However you go about it, I think it's important not to feel apologetic. No one's going to strike you off their Christmas card list because you didn't have cake or because you drank seltzer instead of beer. If they do--it's their loss!
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:10 PM   #176  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Lara the I am a diabetic works great for an excuse, You just can not cheat there any more if some one catches you! or you get gas with starches. I have a bad reaction to wheat products.

that leraves the diet off the plate and you can stick to plan with very little problem

Just watch that the do not catch you eating the wrong fooods. HE HE HE

I have eaten like a pig all the last 2 years now that I am going good and serious I do not want to blow things. Thursday we are having a meeting that I must go to. And they are having pizza. I love that but do have plans to pass it off. I do not like wings so that is out. I need to bow out gracefully with this one and eat my shake and have a good meeting. I know the feeling we have cake and cookies and candies brought to us all the time. so watch out!!

Work is being busy but I feel more in control. untill they tossed 3 admits on me today and 2 tomorow. and a new glitch in the computer system so it is harder to do the work that I need ot do untill i figure this system out.

I am OP and exercising and going strong. I am getting the cramps so I needed to take my potassium and mag today. that is good though!1 dragon breath is not far away. (low carbers)
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:26 PM   #177  

One of my tricks to avoid the goodies at work is to say honestly that I am trying to lose weight. But I try to add something like "You know I must really be serious when I can say no to {insert name} 's cheesecake, or cookies, etc." If there is anyone that says something negative, just ask them to go ahead and take your share so that you won't be tempted.

It gets tough, especially when the foods that you really enjoy are spread out right in front of you. Here is my mantra "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels". Of course it does not work--but I try. What does feel good is when you go to bed at night knowing that you resisted!!!

And if it helps--convince yourself that you will have to confess to all the "fat chicks" and you don't want to disappoint that bunch!

The pep talk was mostly for myself, but hey, if it will help you, too---

Joetta
Old 02-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #178  

Yes Robin, PM is for private messages, alot of people included their emails so I dont want to post it. I'll get you the list in a few mins.
Laura, welcome, I know about the parties at work! My boss is diabetic, and one of the guys never eats what we have so nobody pays much attention when we skip out. Although they do nag you to eat and try it and oh it won't hurt. I always giggle and tell them I brough my lunch I don't want to waste it, I HATE cake (I used to make them for people the smell of the icing makes me sick) and I can't eat ice cream or the whole office would have to leave on account of my gas. Everybody has food issues, just be polite, bring your own and join in. I usually only eat catered lunches on special occasions and I try to pick the healthiest thing there. The other thing, and this works good for family parties too, is to eat before hand, your not hungry and you won't eat much at all.
Well I'm off to jump up and down on my stupid box (thank goodness for mini blinds, the neighbors would really have something to talk about if they could see in )
Robin, your PM's are turned off??

Last edited by lmatis; 02-15-2005 at 07:37 PM.
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:58 PM   #179  
kpe
Paige

Red face

Today was actually a good day all around. Work wasn't too hectic for once and it was a beautiful day today. As a matter of fact the last 2 days have been gorgeous!!! Do I hear "Spring Fever"? However, it is suppose to get cold and rainy again. YUK! The kids were in a good mood when I picked them up so I let them ride their bikes for alittle while. I will be so glad when daylight savings time comes. I just hate coming home and it is already dark. However, I am starting to see a change. It seemed like it should have been dark when we got home tonight but wasn't. So we took advantage of it and enjoyed it for a few minutes anyway.

Last night I did a mile on the treadmill so I am going to shoot for two tonight as long as the kids don't interupt me. They think it's a toy and want to do it too. I'll probably just wait until they go to bed.

I have a huge pile of laundry that needs to be folded and is calling my name. Sometimes I am convinced that I was switched at birth. I am such a procrastinator when it comes to "housework". My mother is totally the opposite but she was also a SAHM. Not that, that isn't hard. Trust me I have just enough of that during the summer and I am always ready for school to start back in the fall. I get about 6 weeks off and I don't know that I could ever be a SAHM.

Have a great evening ladies!!!

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:06 PM   #180  
No Uno Mas?

Default Still Hanging In There

Hiya,

Yep, I'm still around. I can't seem to catch up on all the posts..to many pages...so I'l jsut say this..Congrats on any losses and welcome to any newbies.
I hope you all had a good day. I am still so excited. I actually had to buy a new pair of jeans today and guess what?..they are 2 sizes smaller..WooHoo!
and my mom cancer test went great..doctor said there are no traces of Cancer and that the side effects will eventually work themsleves out of her system.

Take Care.
Christalynn is offline   Reply With Quote