Old 02-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #61  
The next BIG FAT LOSER!!

Christina~

I would say that 1400 calories sounds about right. But then again, I'm no expert on this weight loss thing. I am trying to stick to around 1000 calories a day so that I can get some of this weight off quick before my cruise at the end of the month. I could kick myself in the rear for waiting until the last month to do anything about my weight.

Let me know how the 1400 calories goes!
lpnin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:44 AM   #62  
No Uno Mas?

Jenn.
I will keep you updated. I was getting a little confused by all the different websites. Everyone of them told me a differentt number and so did the one here at 3fc..it said 2074 calories.
I think I'm gonna take it one day at a time and see what works best.
I'n gonna buy me a scale so I won't know how well I did until Tuesday or Wednesday.
Christalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:53 AM   #63  

Hi Everyone..Thanks for the big welcome. I had a pretty good day yesterday except I ate too many peanuts when I came home from work last night. Need to tell husband not to bring them into the house or I will just have to hid them, get them off the table. Ate well at work, but didn't drink enought water. Will do better today.

My husband is disabled cause he got hit with a 500 lb wrecking ball and lived to tell of it. He hurts pretty bad all the time, but he a very nice guy. He is very much over weight so i am encouraging him to lose weight too but he is not really there yet, he says he is but I don't see it...

Today is a day off. Only 1 this week, then I work 5 days, then off 1 day then work 2 then.....off to Shreveport Louisana!!!! to visith my daughter. I am so excited. I will try to eat well there, but there might be a few splurges. I just can't wait to see her and hang out. She will be going to Korea in July for a year so I this will maybe the last time we see each other till she come home on leave. Thank goodness for email and maybe we can set up a web cam too. Anyone know anything about getting on a site and being able to talk?

Well got to go finnish a quilt for a meeting tonight. I get to show off 2 quilts tonight that have been waiting to be finnished for 6 months. Yea!!! I did it!! 2 quilts finnished.!!!

bye now

Kathy
miata1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:49 PM   #64  
Kerry

The number of calories you need is very contingent on the amount of activity in your lifestyle. If you are sedentary you must eat less to lose weight. The more you exercise, the more you can eat and still lose weight.
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #65  

I've always found this guide to be accurate on calories:

HOW MANY CALORIES SHOULD I EAT EVERY DAY?

The exact number of calories you need each day depends on age, sex, height and the amount of exercise you do. The bigger you are, the more calories your body needs to function. If you want to lose weight you need to eat fewer calories than your body uses. As a general rule, follow these guidelines:

If you want to lose 14lbs, eat 1,250 calories per day; if you?re between 14lbs and 42lbs overweight eat 1500 calories per day; if you have more than 42lbs to lose eat 1,800 calories per day.
MandyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #66  

After having said that I eat 1500 cals or so four days a week and about 1,000 on three days per week - but then with PCOS it isn't easy to lose weight and you have to go that extra mile!
MandyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:24 PM   #67  
No Uno Mas?

Mandy Jane, Thanks for the guidelines. I'll try it.
Christalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:14 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi--

I'm back after a few crazy days. I'm home sick today, the bug finally caught up with me, but not as badly as it hit some of my co-workers, so I hope it passes soon.

Christalynn, I can sympathize with your confusion! All these charts and formulas are just a tool to help you figure out what will work for you, in combination with exercise and what your habits were before. You will probably have to futz around with them again in a couple of months, as your body adjusts to the amount of calories and exercise you're doing, so you don't get stuck on a plateau. I'm not counting calories right now, but I'm thinking that I need to start again. I think my portion sizes have gotten a bit too generous

Kathy--I'm not a big peanut fan (now, almonds or pecans, that's different), but last month a friend from Georgia sent me a big bag of fresh peanuts, right off the farm. Man, were they good! I had to get rid of 'em, I couldn't stop noshing in the evenings.

So far I'm doing well on my goal to eat EPP (exactly per plan) between now and Valentines Day. I don't much like working out, though. I've been repeating this to myself several times in the AM and PM, and now and again throughout the day--"Too much food is damaging to my body. I need my body to live. My body deserves respect and protection. Too much weight is bad for my body. I am shedding the extra weight." I got the idea from a magazine article. It feels a bit weird at first, but now it just flows through my mind, and is almost reassuring.

Anyway, good luck to you all!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 04:21 PM   #69  

Hey, crazy day at work!! Christina, glad you got some info to help you I don't know much about cals. From what I have noticed 1200-1500 seems to be the most followed around here.

Joetta, the dust bunnies? Was that thing at my house? If I don't clean this weekend the health dept. is gonna come to my house and shut me down !

Looks like everybody is getting off to a pretty good week. Phil, the ground hog saw his shadow this morning which means 6 more weeks of winter. What a hoot the sun is shinning and it's 40 degrees of course he would see his shadow! Oh well good thing it's all in fun!

I ate way too much at breakfast, we were in our meeting this morning which is normally an hour, it went on for two. When I got out I was ready to eat everything in my luch box, which I almost did!

Heading home shortly, the only nice thing about coming in early is leaving early!!
I'll check back later!!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:09 PM   #70  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, I had a hectic day yesterday, filled with all kinds of things, so I couldn't check in. I stayed with my plan all day and I've been exercising per my schedule. Just call me a robot at this point. I really want to see at least 10 more pounds come off after maintaining my weight loss for 3 months. I have even been drinking more water. I want the fat to go away.

Today is exercise day and I'm looking forward to it. I love the Gazelle (elliptical) machine and how smooth it is. It is so easy on the joints. It was definitely a good investment. The nordic track bored me to tears and exercycle didn't work my arms. I have wings on my arms so they definitely need a good workout.

I'll pipe in with a little about myself. I amd the database manager and webmaster for a school district. I also assist the network administrator so he has a back up. Some doays are hectic and some days are plain boring. But no matter what, there are days when everything works and you accomplish a big project (read solve a big problem) and the job feels great. That is today. I feel great, I accomplished a lot.

Personally, I am a dog mommy. Yes, I have two boys (18 and 19) but they're so grown up now that I am a dog mommy. I just adore my puppies. I have three, a Golden Retriever, an Alaskan Husky and a Siberian Husky. The alaskan is my baby and I just worship the ground she walks on (BTW, she knows it). My plan with Blizzard (my Alaskan) had been to ski jour with her, that is cross country skiing with a dog on a harness working with you. But she developed bad hips and arthritis at 9 months. So she's just my love. I want to train my Siberian, Kodiak, to ski jour since he's now old enough and he has perfect hips. But he's a wild boy and I think ski jouring with him could be akin to taking my life into my hands. But we'll see. I haven't given up hope on that yet. My Golden is the eldest and dumbest. She's a sweetie though.

I'm a stained glass artist and have been doing that forever. I have oodles of glass in my house tand this past year, developed a web site to try and sell some. That hasn't gone too well since I'm not a business person and getting on Google isn't so easy. Anyway, I love the art.

I also machine knit and am a beginner. I'm almost done with a cardigan - my most difficult project so far. I'ts grape purple and it's turning out beautifully. I should finish tonight or tomorrow night. I also sew, quilt, and goof off.

I've probably rambled enough for this post.

Take care and my next post won't be focused on me. I promise.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:21 PM   #71  

Late night post for me:::
Strange day, but then what day isn't????
2 hours late getting home since I had to give a girl a lift, "Lost" was a rerun, and the exercise machine started growling at me (not that I blame it!).
But in spite of the growling, I got my hour in.

Donna, how is the smoking cessation going?? That will be such an accomplishment to be forever free of that! Just keep envisioning the silky hair, non-leather skin, no more black goo on everything in the house, and the smell of fresh air!!! I'm rootin' for ya girl!!

Karen, pardon my ignorance, but I have to ask--Who is Rusty Wallace???? (I know, I know, I do need to get out more!!)

Have a great day tomorrow--I'm off to take a much needed shower!
joetta
KYColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:27 AM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYColonel
Karen, pardon my ignorance, but I have to ask--Who is Rusty Wallace???? (I know, I know, I do need to get out more!!)
Joetta, not out more, turn on the tv ! Rusty, drives nascar. I amazed that you like Lost, my husand was into when it started but he has lost interest. Were big CSI fans, I was more than irritated over the state of the Union last night because CSI NY wasn't on ! I just went to bed.

The kids have baseball sign ups this weekend, another dreaded year of sports, practice, and spending a small fortune on equipment! It's not bad enough to just be busy on a normal basis, but throw in practice and games and I would rather eat out (HUGE WEAKNESS!!!)

I wanted my son to get me the scales I asked him to hide, thank goodness he won't cave in! "You'll get it Sunday night for Monday weigh in, now get out of my room it's too early to get up!" I ate too much for dinner last night and I'm slightly worried, ok I'm paranoid!!!

I've only gotten 2 PM's so far with short bio info and email addresses, I would like to get the list together and out this weekend for those interested. If your not interested in sharing the info that's fine please PM me and let me know. A cheat sheet with names and a little info about our group will help me keep everybody strait! Ok, I have to get ready for work, hope everybody sticks to their plan and has a great day today!!!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:18 AM   #73  
The next BIG FAT LOSER!!

Default Snow, Snow Go Away!!!!

Well, it is snowing outside! I remember when I was a kid I would pray for snow every night. Now that I'm all grown up (ha ha) I hate the snow!! That is unless it is a weekend that I am off from work and I get stuck in the house and don't have to do anything but catch up on sleep!

Hope everyone did well yesterday. I did sneak a few chips when I was leaving from work. The nurse that works night shift came in with a HUGE bag of chips and I just had to grab a few. I feel bad for her. She is already a rather large lady and every night she comes in with enough food and snacks to feed a family of three for a few days.

No Curves for me today (already been 3 days this week). I am going to focus on this house that could be health hazard before I head in for another evening at work! Excuse me while I vent for one quick second...... Am I the ONLY person in my home that can see that the floors need to be vacuumed, laundry needs to be put away, dishwasher needs to be emptied, the inch of dust needs to be removed from everything???? I have seriously thought about just letting everything go and see how long it takes for him to GET UP AND DO SOMETHING!!

OK, I feel better now that is out! Have a great day and everyone keep up the GREAT work!!
lpnin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:03 PM   #74  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone,
Sorry that I've been MIA for a few days. We are having computer problems at home and I haven't been able to come out and play. I sure hope we can figure it out. I'm at work right now and since the boss is gone, here I am.
Lori...Thanks for the answer to Rusty. I have been a fan of his for about 13 years. I really hate that he's retiring after this year. So sad for me....
I really like Dale Jr. too and when Rusty doesn't have a chance, I always pull for Jr., so he will be my driver next...
I started my calorie counting today (and writing it down) and I've been on the exercise bike for the last 3 days..That's a big accomplishment for me...I am so lazy..
But anyway, just wanted to say hi and good luck to everyone with whatever plan you are on..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:37 PM   #75  

Hey Gals!
Thanks for broadening my horizons Lori and Karen! As for tv--I am not a big fan at all..while single I didn't bother having one, but now that I have 2 males in the house, I broke down and bought them one that takes up half the family room!!! (with surround sound of course--one of my many insane moments!) While in a motel room with hubby fast asleep and nothing better to do, I turned on the tv and watched whatever came on--happened to be "Lost" (which I thought was only a movie). Much to my chagrin, it turned out to be just the first episode, so I decided to watch at home the next week. Da boys left me alone (read:whoopee!!) so it is now a weekly thing for me. But I still can not sit through a rerun--I find myself thinking that I need to rearrange my sock drawer, or something equally important...

Marie, you sound like a crafty person....ah, yes ...I remember those days ....back when I had time to call my own..........Picture me green.

Lori, I thought my sprts mama days were over when Justin had enough of Little League. Unfortunately, the coach at his new school this year told him that he needs to play football--by hey, I did learn a few things during the season..The players actually do more than spit and scratch themselves. They seem to think there is something called a "game plan"... silly boys!

Have done 40 minutes of the sweating thing today, and the eating was pretty good--so here is my cheer for all of you...

If I can do it, there is absolutely no question that each of you can outdo me fourfold!!! go to it girls!!! And of course tell me how wonderful you are doing just to put me to shame...........give me the incentive to keep it going!
Joetta
KYColonel is offline   Reply With Quote