Old 02-09-2005, 07:19 PM   #121  

Glad your still hanging out!!! I'm always amazed at how relatives come to your house and just camp out! But I have to say having your mother live across the street can have it's moments of insanity . I spent all of my teenage years trying to get away from them, then I put a house up across the road, go figure! It wouldn't be bad, but my mom and I are almost too much alike, she calls and wants me to come over right now and move furniture (remind me to tell you about this womans furniture sometime) and I'm involved and want to finish what I'm doing first. Two stubborn people wanting something done at the same time, I'm getting a headache just thinking about it !

Kerrry, I hope you land another job quickly, that's too much stress for anybody. My hubby was unemployed for almost a year, we almost lost everything. Hang in there, things have a way of working themselves out!

Marie, I don't count calories, I would have landed flat on my face less than 3 days in . I always pull mental games on myself, like not eating enough, or splurge for days because I blew one day! I can't do it, I watch my fat intake and sweets so if I fall one day, I can start fresh the next!

Any way, I'm trying real hard this week to remove the dust that has collected everywhere, so I'm going to run! Everyone keep up the great attitudes, before long maybe we'll be a maintance group????
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 08:04 AM   #122  
The next BIG FAT LOSER!!

Good Thursday morning everyone! Is it just me or is this week going by soooo slow?!?!

Will write more later. Gotta run!
lpnin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:27 AM   #123  
Kerry

This week is dragging by . . . . .

Yesterday I spent the day applying for jobs and developing a website for a non-profit. Thankfully the web dev pays a bit so that will help to keep us afloat. I really hope something comes together quickly on the job front, but I know it will eventually come together. Some days I think relocating would be a fun adventure and others it seems like hard work.

I am back on track now and the scale said this morning "You are almost at 154" Not that it really talks mind you. If it did, I'd probably murder it! Still having trouble staying away from the Coca-Cola. Still hate water too. Need more exercise - but I still hate that too!
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:47 AM   #124  

Good moring, well I'm not sure about good! I didn't want to get out of bed this morning and I had problems with my computer, so I lost alot of info. At work now so I'll check back soon.
It may be a slow week, but it's almost over!!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Stealing a moment to say hi! I've got to crank out one more document before I leave work, and I don't want to be here late again tonight. I am sort of Eating Per Plan, manuevering my way around tempting restaurant menus. Wearing this orthotic thing on my foot is helping with the pain, so I'm still walking and working out. I'm getting the hang of the Curves machines, so I feel like it's a much better workout. I wanted to lose another two pounds by Valentines Day, but that's beginning to look unlikely. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with my slow but steady progress this past month or so.

Gang, the week is almost over! I just want to get through this meeting tomorrow without shrieking at all my bosses or bursting into tears. Wish me luck!
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:16 PM   #126  

Judy, go in there tomorrow with what my baby sister calls "the Joetta attitude"--give 'em the "you are the only one that knows what the heck is going on" look, and don't you dare let them get to you!!!!!

Give me some feedback girls---one of my girls at the office mentioned that I am losing weight. While I am pleased that someone is noticing--I must tell you that this girl leads an alternative lifestyle. So do you think I should head over to the Alternachick board??????????

I do know some very interesting people--I don't have animal magnetism, I have quirky people magnetism! But ya know what? I love it! All my nutso friends make me look more normal! (or maybe not)

Nite all!
Joetta
KYColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:22 PM   #127  

Oh, and Sue, thanks for the article that I saw on another thread--it was encouraging to me. I know that the scale will eventually head south.
Joetta
Old 02-11-2005, 04:38 AM   #128  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Joette I have several friends that live that style, and take the compliment for face value. if she looks at the back side just pat it and say getting there. Unless seh is on the prowel she is just making a nice compliment. women are much more sensitive then men when it comes to EVERYTHING. and she is just giving you a huge bolster and paying you hommage for the very hard work and dedication. with out ties.

Gee work is starting to lighten up towards the end of the week. note it is 4:30 am and I am not at work??? I am physically and mentaly worn out. but I can not let it show. My boss has stepped up the pace by far and with several routine things flying in the picture such as sick coworkers (me trying to cover as many shifts as possible with out killing my other staff), PRI review and last months end of the month paper work and many admissions. I have been told I have two weeks to get my act together and focus on the right stuff. I have said many times that this job is more than enough for 2 people, and with the step up in work it certainly is. I am seriously going to grap an appy from one of the other places as I can not stand this. My boss will not even look me in the eye or have some casual conversation with me. (NOT GOOD) I expect that I will be looking. I know she is stressed but that threat, with all the drop of work on my lap that has happened, I think that she has carried it too far.

well I have been mosly OP even with this and I have exercised several times this week and am getting ready to go for more. I am not doing bad. I will not get on the scale till next month if I can stay away. (myfluid balance is all off. I have 3+ pitting edema in my feet, typical for fluid imbalance) I am hoping that some of it will fis itself before I jump on the scale again.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #129  

Good morning, it's Friday, YEA!!!! Wow, Sue and Judy, looks like this has been a stinker of a week for work. I'm sure the problems have been going on longer than a week, but really, ouch! I wanted to scream yesterday at work too. I have been trying to put together a good customer data base to use, and have tried alot of different ideas. They finally installed Access on my computer so now it's starting to come together nicely. But my boss thinks it's a waste of time, he keeps asking me to do some really stupid stuff because he thinks I'm not doing anything. It's our slow season right now and the timing is right for getting things organized. I came from a large, well organized company and I took one look at this company's stuff and it is just an unorganized mess. My boss dosen't understand how much more efficent it is to have the customers information altogether for quick refrence on the computer, he's an old paper pusher (you ought to see his office). My other co-workers are starting to see what I'm doing is going to make life easier and help keep better track of the customers.
Anyway, my hands are all dried out from all this cooking and washing pots and pans! But I'm really starting to lose all cravings for grease (that's a good thing!) I even noticed my skin is not oily and I'm not broke out for my monthly which usually makes a mess out of my face. And I really do feel better. I noticed my face looks thinner, I put weight on all over and am very round in the middle. So visible weight loss is very slow. Well I best stop rambling and get in the shower. Chat with you later!!! Have a great day!
Old 02-11-2005, 08:51 AM   #130  
The next BIG FAT LOSER!!

Good morning ladies!! TGIF!! I didn't think that it would ever get here!

Ok, I need your opinion on something. My employeer is having a weight loss contest starting on Feb 17. It will last for 10 weeks and the female and male with the highest % of weight loss will win a prize. I really do not want to participate in something like this. I feel like I am losing this weight for myself and if I only lose 1 lb then to me that is a success and I don't need someone to tell me that I'm not a winner. Does anyone understand where I am coming from? I know that some people are driven by competition but I just don't need that. I have the type of support I need from this place and WW and most importantly, my family and friends. Tell me that I'm not being stupid about this!!

I know that I have complained about this before, but boy is it getting BAD. Every evening after I eat dinner, I get so bloated. Does anyone else experience this and if so what do you do to help it. I take a few gas-x tabs but they don't seem to really help much.

OK, this is off topic but I just have to vent about it. Virginia actually took the time to try to pass a law that would make it possible to be fined $50 for your pants drooping and exposing your underware. I have to admit, I can't stand to look at someone walking around with their pants hanging off their butt, but who is it actually hurting?? If you don't want to see it, look the other way. I encounter this everyday at work since I work in a jail and usually I will tell them to pull their darn pants up. But to say that some kid walking down the street could be fined $50 for this is crazy. I think that our lawmakers need to spend more effort on more important things going on in this crazy world than worrying about what people wear. This is America for gosh sakes! We have freedom. That freedom allows us to wear what we choose, as long as we are not exposing ourselves in public. You can click on this link to read the entire article. http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20050...5307-6411r.htm

Ok, I think that is enough for now!! By the way...if you think that I type a lot you should talk to me in person some time!!

Have a great weekend!
lpnin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #131  

Hey Jenn, I am with you on not wanting to join in on the weight loss contest at work. The good feeling of doing something for yourself would have a tendency to get lost in a situation like that. But if you do decide to go for it, we will be here to cheer you on!

And you wanna talk gas??? My husband has MS, and has a tendency to over-focus. A couple of weeks ago I made some cabbage soup, and it was pretty tasty. Da hubby decided that it must be good for my diet, so every day when I get home from work now, he has a nice fresh little pan of cabbage soup for me. Let's just say that I need to tie the covers down at night!!!!!!!!!!

Sue, rest assured that I took the compliment from Mel at face value. We are extremely open at work, and joke with each other about everything! Even our sexuality! Our co-workers make the Jerry Springer show seem lame! (actually, we have an ad that runs during the Springer show, and we know when the ad runs, because the crazy calls start coming in--we call those our Jerry Springer clients!)

Lori, as you know, once the boss has a taste of an organized customer database, he will think it was his idea!!!

Judy, we are all waiting to hear how the meeting went.......................

And Kerry, we wanna know about the job hunt.....................

Have a great weekend all!
Joetta
Old 02-11-2005, 07:13 PM   #132  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Jen I needed that laugh thanks!! I am thankful it is friday so much so that I am ill. I feel my head just swarming and my back aching and well you can name it. I agree a contest is really bad as they will start of big and really make you feel like you are not accomplishing any thing. Just say no thankyou you are losing slowly and do not want to be in a race or feel like you have to lose faster than what is safe. that should shut them up.

I am not sure what is going to happen at work one of the other nurse managers is going to go and be admitted for some cardiac workup, so I guess my job is safe for a while they can not afford to lose two fo them. On the other hand >>>>>>>> that would show them what I think of them. I am tired now so I will be hading off to bed soon so have a great evening gals. I will be reading the inside of my eyes as sooon as I know the boys have a ride home tonight. (they went to a dance at 10 & 11?? )
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #133  

OH Joetta, that is just toooo funny!!! I usually have gas problems if I eat ice cream, and many other foods, but ice cream just about kills me. It is actually painful. One of my friends suggested a vitamin, I just don't remember what it was. I'll ask her again, it is supposed to help with food digestion and it's something normal like B12, but like I said, I'll ask to be sure.

Let me tell ya, I'm glad all you sickies are not within breathing distance, everyone at work is sniffiling, sneezing, and coughing. My oldest son is too, I feel like I'm surrounded !!

Jenn, stay away from the contest! Nothing will annoy you worse than an idiot with a complex to lose more weight than you. Don't get me wrong, but I can't stand any competition about weight loss. Well, I'm not real competitive about much of anything really. Best thing to do is when you hit your next short weight goal buy a pair of georgous shoes or an outfit!!! (I love shoes)

Sue, get some sleep! And remember nurses are in demand, jobs are plentiful in your field and you DO have the upper hand! My old supervisor used to get real nervous when he had to talk to me about anything, I used to tell him loudly, I can get buckets of crap from another employer just as easily. By the way my new job is 100 times less stressful and the commute is half of what it was! I wish I would have left sooner!
Well I'm going to get to bed.
Chat tommorrow!!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 11:05 PM   #134  

Default Hi Everyone

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. Been fighting with the flu and respiratory infection most of the week. Finally went to the Dr. today. So hopeful by Monday I can get back to work.

Kerry I hope you find a job very soon. Maybe that PT job didn't turn into a FT job because there is something better waiting for you out there. Good luck.

Nasus Treat yourself to nice bubble bath with some great music playing in the background some night when you get home and you are really tired from a long
day.

Joetta I love your phrase "we shall overcome" in a nut shell.

Lori Thanks so much for sending me the list of the Bio's sorry it took so long to get mine to you and I'm going to try to shoot for that we are a maintanence group in the making.

IPNIN Yes this week went sooooo slow for me too. Especially not feeling to great I had a million and one things that I needed to get done and I had to sit by and watch the clock tick.

Judy Thanks for the tip on subscribing to the thread. It was reader friendly. Worked like a charm. And what happened at the meeting?

Good luck to everyone with the weigh in Monday. Have a great weekend

Anmyreah
Anmyreah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:56 AM   #135  

Good morning! It's a nice quite Sat. morning, kids are still in bed and DH went to work for some OT (over time). Shhhh don't tell, I snuck on the scale this morning (163) thats a 1 & 1/2 lb. loss this week, I won't change my ticker until my official Monday weigh in, maybe I'll lose another 1/2 lb and make it a full 2lb loss ???
Anyway, Anmyreah glad to see you, I got your pm with your updated short bio. I'll get those updated today and resend them, I have some more updates too.

I need to ask, do you guys want to update our post (start a new one)? Maybe once a month, or once a week? I want to make sure this stays easy for everybody to come hang out! I know we are all busy and not everybody can check in daily, I don't want anybody to feel left out! So I don't know if it would be easier or not to start a new thread now and again. Let me know what you guys want and we'll do it.

Ok, next idea I would like to get off the ground is reciepe sharing. How about you guys pm me one of your favorite reciepes and I'll gather them together and we can either make it a post, or I can PM them back. Let's include nutritional facts since we are all following something different.
And maybe an idea to include would be one of your favorite house keeping short cut secrets. Let me know, I love chatting and I think we have alot of ideas to help each other survive daily life!

OK, I see I'm writing another mile long post, so I'll jump off here and get these clothes folded and put away, I'll be on and off the computer all weekend so I'll be back!