Old 02-26-2005, 11:44 PM   #271  

Paige, good for you!! I would have grabbed the box of strawberries and ran with them!!! These are my all time favorite treat, the best ones I ever had were on the boardwalk in Deleware YEARS ago, I wasn't even 21 yet. I had never had them before, oh my I still remember that as if it was yesterday!!

Ok, I don't want to hear anybody tell me they just didn't feel like working out!! I have been on and off my bed all day, I had left over chicken fajitas from our taco night last night. (I mean for breakfast, lunch and dinner) Yea, I was in a lazy depressed mood! Well at 10:30 pm another movie was over and I told the boys they would have to behave for 50 mins. I was going to work out, they got quiet and I felt guilty so I jumped up and down on that stupid box, and I wish I would have done it earlier coz now I feel great! Now at the end I started coughing and thought I was honestly going to be sick, so I ran in and got water and noticed I wasn't going to be sick at all. I had major gas build up from laying on my bed all day! Imagine that!! I have a bad time with green peppers so the over dose of fajitas and total bed rest really did me in. !! Ok enough with my personal work out issues! I'm going to go get back in bed and go to sleep this time, I'm still riffting those peppers! I'll chat with you ladies in the morning!!!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:18 AM   #272  

Good Moring !!
I can't believe another weekend has flown by!! Looks like were in for some major snow here on Monday in the north east!! Why dosen't it hit on the weekends when I have nothing better to do????

Well suzie home maker here just made a double batch of low-fat blueberry pancakes and set off every smoke detecter in the house multiple times! I think next time I'm just going to use our old recipe and modify it to low-fat. This was frustrating and they stuck sooo bad I might never get the griddle clean!

So how is every body else's weekend going? I think I'm going to squeeze in an extra cardio day today. (I skipped Thur. night due to the whole bill issue) Well I'm off to do yet more laundry and do some pre-cooking for the week!! I'll be around and tonight I'm going to get the recipe's together to share, so I'll chat with you all soon!
Old 02-27-2005, 03:00 PM   #273  
Kerry

Nothing too exciting here. I've been working on web dev all weekend. I snuck on the scale this morning and I think my weight in might be a pleasant surprise tomorrow.

I made pancakes this morning, but not really lowfat. I leave out one of the eggs, use skim milk and very little oil. Then I use canola spray on the griddle and low cal syrup. They were yummy. I've practically been fasting all weekend bc my tummy has been bothering me. I think it's all the stress.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I wish it weren't Sunday already! I still have to do some laundry and go to the grocery. . . where does the time go????
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:40 PM   #274  

Wow Kerry, I hope everybody didn't leave us??? I know, ya'll are busy!! Well I had good intensions about working out, but after cooking all day my feet and legs were to sore to bother! Well I'm getting ready to hit it for the night, I hope to see some exciting numbers tomorrow from everybody's weigh ins!!
Good night, C-U- all tomorrow!
Old 02-28-2005, 06:03 AM   #275  

Good Morning Chickies !
I won't make this long since I want to get in the shower early, the snow is a coming! I SAW 5's TODAY 159.5 lbs, that means I hit my 10 lb loss (first goal) today!!! What a great feeling to make the first goal!!! And to think, I thought I was going to float at the same weight this week, well I guess ya never know!!
OK going to work, chat with you all later!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:12 AM   #276  
Kerry

Way to go Lori!!

I have some good news to report myself. I lost 1.5! I am so close to a 15lb loss it has given me inspiration! I can't believe it.

Well it's Monday and I don't feel inspired to do much of anything, but there is much to be done. Such is life.

What has happened to everyone?? Hello :echo: hello??
Old 02-28-2005, 03:40 PM   #277  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm here!!!

You're not alone! I'm back from Spokane now. The Home & Garden show was great. We got a lot of good information and ideas for our house. But man I was tired afterwards. I really admire nurses and such who have to be on their feet all day every day with their jobs. We spent about 8 hours on Friday visiting all of the booths and vendors. By time we got to the hotel, I was exhausted. I did okay, but not good or great, with the eating while I was gone. For breakfast on Saturday, I did have two slices of French toast with my eggs and ham. But at least I didn't just poor on the syrup like I used to. I just dipped each bit a little bit in the syrup. And I ended up not using even half of the little tub they had brought me. And I scraped off the pat of butter. So, I could have done much worse. At the show, they had both kettle corn and chocolate-dipped, chocolate-chip cookies. But I didn't have any of either.

I weighed in this morning and have lost one pound. Not as much as I would have liked, but I'll take it. The downer is that I found out that I had the wrong weight on my status bar on my signature, so it's still the same. But I think I'm having my TOM, which would mean I'm carrying extra water, too. I say I think because I had a hysterectomy a few years ago, but I still have one ovary. So I don't always know if the symptoms I'm experiencing are from the TOM or just gas, or whatever else. I actuallly still do get some minor cramping and abdominal discomfort, along with nausea, migraines, etc. My face has been breaking out really bad this time for some reason, too. What joy it is to be a woman!!!

The weather here was beautiful yesterday. I'm in NorthCentral Idaho and was wearing a t-shirt in Feb. Not the norm. But we took our dog for a walk at the lake. We probably hiked three miles, up and down hills. I was sure feeling the burn in my butt muscles.

Paige: Congratulations on passing on the strawberries. I don't know if I could have. When I lived in Austin, there was a place that sold them on special holidays. Huge strawberries hand-dipped in chocolate. I got them occasionally and went nuts. They are so good.

Joetta: Coeur d'Alene is a really beautiful area of Idaho. We actually wanted to move there, but my dh ended up getting the job in Orofino, ID. It's actually just as pretty around there fortunately, because I really love the trees and lake.

Lori: Congratulations on the weight loss! It's so great when you make your goals, even the short-term ones. I can't wait for when I'm under 160.

Kerry: Hang in there with the job search. When we moved here to Idaho this past year for my husband's job, I didn't think it would take so long for me to find a job because I have some great skills and experience. It took me about four months, but I got one. I think so many people are holding on to the jobs they have, especially if they're getting good benefits. That makes it hard for us to find good jobs. Something will come up, though.

Everyone have a great day!
Robin
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:03 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi, all--

I meant to check in this weekend, but I was running errands all weekend, and zoning out in the evenings.

Congrats, Lori, Kerri, Robin, and all you other losers! A big gold star to all of you. Catching up on your ups and downs over the past few days reminds me that this long-term process (for me, anyway) is really about the law of averages. If I get in the habit of moving more, and making good choices most of the time, I'm gonna make my long-range goal.

Paige--I admire you on saying no at a party. I struggle between not being a drip and not going wild at a party

Joetta, it sounds like you survived your big opening. I really appreciate the advice you've shared here. I bet you can start a whole thread just on financial issues. Spending money, like eating, is tied into depression, for me, 'consuming' as a way of filling an emotional void.

lost another pound, woo-hoo!

judy

Last edited by judydc; 02-28-2005 at 04:40 PM.
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:02 PM   #279  
kpe
Paige

Default Quick Hello

Hi everyone, This is just a quickie hello!!!!! My hubby has to work on the computer tonight. This blasted project was suppose to be done almost 2 weeks ago and they keep finding little things that need correcting. He writes manuals for computer games and this manual is 115 pages long. I don't know about you but if I have to read 115 pages inorder to do anything let alone play a game, I think I'd pass!!!!! Anyway today has gone ok except I really have the munchies.... I guess I had better fix dinner before I use all my points on junk. I really need to get back on the treadmill tonight I didn't use it at all this weekend.

Hope everyone has had a great day!

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:48 PM   #280  

Default I survived the first day of the new office!

LLLOOOOOOONNNNGGGGG Day!!!!
Gotta share--this ne office is the law office. My second client was there more than an hour early--and that was the best part of his appointment!!! He has been turned down for disability benefits twice, so now he needs to appeal for a hearing before a judge. His disability that he filed on is because he had a colostomy (he was sodomoized at a party and wound up in the hospital 3 days later because of obstruction--woke up with a bag attached---and that still is not the kicker____He told me that he had suffered a lot of abuse in his life-beginning early, as an infant. He tells me that a woman tried to beat him to death when he was only a couple of years old--supposedly had a trach and skin grafts to cover the head wounds.

ready?????

the woman that did this to him is "Margaret" whom he told me is the one that played "The Wicked Witch of the West"

I absolutely kid you not!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggested that he get some mental health treatment-that it would help his case tremendously. I can't wait to copy this file--it should be interesting!

Lori, I'm not ignoring you--I promise I will reply--maybe not tonight though.
It has rained all day, and started snowing about an hour before I left Lexington. Luckily I don't mind driving, and living in Chicago for so long has me adjusted to driving in the snow..

Good night ladies--I'm going to have a glass of wine and then I'm going to bed!

Joetta
KYColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:20 PM   #281  
Robin

Default Good morning

I went for my walk last night, but I had to really push myself. I wasn't going to go, but then made myself. And then when I got out there, it was cold and windy. I really had to push myself to complete the walk. If my husband and dog hadn't been there, my walk would have been more like a mosey. But I did it and I feel good about that. I wish gaining weight had been this hard. I never would have done it. And does anyone know why it is that the first place I lose weight is the face and boobs? Probably the only two places that I don't care if I have a little extra weight. I swear my breasts are deflating as I write this.

Wow, Joetta. Sounds like you've got an interesting case load. Or at least will be meeting some interesting people. Hopefully today will go a little better for you.

Sorry Kelly. I didn't mean to dismiss your success on your weight loss. I just missed it when I scanned back through the postings. So, congratulations on your weight loss success. Every little bit helps and is in the right direction. Keep it up.

Have a great day everyone.
Robin
Old 03-02-2005, 04:05 PM   #282  
Kerry

Default Whoa - SECOND PAGE :(

Have we disbanded? Hellooooo???

Sadly I must report that I'm back up .5 lb. I guess it was my weekend of fasting that got me so close and now that I am back in the week I am not losing or sustaining. I hope that it goes away again!

Robin - I don't know why the first place we lose is our face and boobs. DH is sad about the boobs, but I'm happy that my face looks thinner. I've even started downsizing the bras!

Well we're having stir-fry veggies tonight - yum! I love peppers and onion with rice. One of my favs. I've been living on low fat peanut butter sandwiches through the week. Maybe that's my problem.

I hope you're all doing well and we haven't lost our group.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #283  
Robin

Default Hello?

Hi Kerry. Where is everyone? I love cooked onions and peppers together, especially with fajitas. I may have to make those this week. They're relatively healthy, depending on how they're cooked.

I'm sitting at work now. And right near my cubicle, next to the bathroom, is a huge birthday cake - a double-layer, chocolate cake with white fluffy frosting. It's driving me nuts!!! I'm trying to drink more water, which is causing me to make more trips to the bathroom. I'm being strong, but it's very hard. I love cake! And I've come to the conclusion about myself that it's much easier for me to just abstain completely rather than just eat one or two small bites. If I taste it at all, I'll be sneaking back in for more. Oh, the torture!!!

Well, I'm going to dive back into work to keep my mind off other things. I hope everyone is doing well.
Robin
Old 03-02-2005, 06:13 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi--

Sorry I wasn't able to check in yesterday. I was running behind, and I really needed to make it to the gym, which closed early on Monday due to the panic over a couple inches of snow.

Robin: I love this, I think it would make a great sweatshirt--"I wish gaining weight had been this hard. I never would have done it." If I were you, I'd rush out and copyright it before some 3FC lurker steals it and makes a fortune Anyway, hope you have an apple or something to distract your mind from that nasty cake.

Joetta, you meet such interesting people in your line of work It must make for some fascinating conversations.....

Loud/Kerry: do not despair, the scale is not always your friend. The other morning I stepped on the scale twice, about 20 minutes apart, and somehow I "lost" two pounds drinking tea and looking over the newspaper Your clothes and your measurements are more reliable indicators of your progress. I try to focus on the average from week to week, and how far I've come since December. I know you're on the right track--look back at what you posted on 2/28!

I'm not doing too badly. After a couple of pretty good weeks, my system is beginning to fight back, I think, so I'm doing lots of affirmations, since I know that I'm eating plenty of food, it's not really hunger. I do need it to warm up soon, so that I can be out in the sunlight, walking more.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there! Have a great evening.

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:31 PM   #285  
Robin

Great idea, Judy. I may just do that! Maybe I could get rich from getting fat in the first place. Why not. Other people have.

The cake is still yelling at me. But I just took a break and went for about a mile walk.

Take care.
Robin