Old 02-20-2005, 07:55 PM   #226  

Default Recipe

Hi everyone
Hope the weekend was a good one for you.

Kerry the coffee cake turned out good.
Heres the the recipe

Sour Cream Coffee Cake:

1/2 C. butter
1 C. sugar
2 eggs
2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 C. sour cream ( I used fat free sour cream)
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix and put 1/2 of this mixture in a buttered 9X13 pan.
Then sprinkle 1/2 the topping on this
Add rest of mixture and top with rest of topping.

Topping:
1/3 C. Br. Sugar
1/4 C. Sugar
1 tsp cinnamin

Bake 375 for 35 min.
Happy Eating
Anmyreah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #227  

A quick hello...
The weekend with the houseguests was a busy one for me. The neice and nephew invited friends to come over for drinks and laughter (okay with me)--all stayed up way too late and drank way too much--except that I never allow the drivers to imbibe. They brought their laundry with them, so mine will have to wait a day or two.
One of my hubby's friends from Chicago drives a bread truck, was down for the weekend and brought cases--yes CASES of Hostess--everything imaginable!!! I hate that guy!
more tomorrow...
Joetta
KYColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:54 PM   #228  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, I know it's been a while. I've been a lurker since life has been so busy. But Joetta, you just had me laughing outloud. A case of Hostess?!!! I'd have to kill myself. Holy smokes, what was the guy thinking? He's probably just trying to be nice and generous. Since they're all sealed, maybe you can give them to the food bank or something equally magnanomous.

Lori, the Barbie friend - I can relate with being irritated with a 2 pound gain on a Barbie friend. Sometime they should try walking in our shoes. Oh yeah, they wouldn't be able to lift them with their skinny legs.

We are in the midst of a major remodel of our house. We bought oak laminate for the entire house to replace the pukey carpet. The house looks like a bomb hit it (I'm a non-clutter type of person) and we are painting the living room, family room and kitchen. That's mostly why I've been a lurker lately. Too much home improving and I'm not the one doing all the work. I'm just the helper bee. DH is doing all the work.

I need all of your help. I am eating out of control. I don't know why, I just am. I'm not hungry but I eat. Maybe it has to do with the upheaval in the house, but I just don't know. So if you have words of wisdom, threats of torture, please lay it on me. I need a swift kick in the butt. Seeing all of your losses (weight) have me jealous but still not motivated. What's up with me?

Well, time to work again.
TTYL,
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:18 PM   #229  

Joetta, Ha-ha-ha-ha Oh my that's soooo funny, there he is trying to do something nice for his friends and your standing in the back sizing him up for a ditch in the back yard ! We have all been there before. Hand them out to every neighbor kid you can find!! I was thinking the same thing with my dear neice reminded me I owed her money for girl scout cookies, forgot I order them and what was I thinking so many boxes!

Marie, we need to change your choice of snacks, or should I saying grazing treats. I have days when I swear all I do is graze!! Go for the pretzels (salty, but low in fat and can do the trick), pop corn and get creative, not the darn bag stuff. I have been known to use molly butter stuff and cinnaman and sugar, can I just say wow! I have made a big bowl and put some in a bunch of little ones and just tried differnt spices in them all. Oh another favorite dry cereal, although I can't eat straight from the box the kids wouldn't have any left for breakfast! Veggies, love carrots in fat free dill dip!! And I always have a glass of ice water within reach, a must at all times! I keep dumping it out and refilling it, I never finish a whole glass the ice melts and I want it cold.
I got to get to bed, can't wait to hear everybodys weigh ins tomorrow!!!!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:23 PM   #230  

Hello, I am new here (ut oh another newbie!) and had to click into this group - I work about 45-50 hours a week, and 2 hours a day commuting. Normally my husband and I don't even bother trying to cook during the week. So, it's been pizza, carry-out and fast-food for years, and boy does it show. Plus, I'm 46 and the weight is really glued-on well! I just joined WW today and am going to try the Core program. I also have exercise induced asthma, but I have it mostly under control, and plan to introduce exercise into the mix. I really am happy to have found this group.
L@urie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:43 PM   #231  
kpe
Paige

Smile A new week on the horizon!

Hi everyone!!! I was finally able to kick my hubby off the computer. So here I am.

Laurie- Welcome to our group. I am also on WW and have been for about 3 weeks. I choose the flex points because I just don't think I can do the core plan. Good luck with it. You have made it through one of the hardest parts. Just deciding to do it. I know how you feel about fast food as well. If it didn't arrive at our door or we couldn't pick it up from a window then we didn't eat. I have to say I have cooked more in the last 3 weeks then in the last 3 years.

My mom and stepdad are here this weekend and won't be leaving until Tuesday. They have been very supportive and have been eating WW recipes while here. My stepdad has to have something sweet in the evening so we made pop cake tonight. It is very interesting I must say. Just a can of diet soda and a cake mix. You don't need to add water, oil, or eggs. It was really good! I used a choc. cake mix with a diet coke. Everyone ate it up including my kids!

I did 2 miles on the treadmill tonight. I haven't been on the last couple of nights. I have also had a hard time drinking my water. My mom and I have been running around town all weekend and I just kindof forgot about it.

Here's to a new week and what ever challenges lay ahead of us, together we can get through anything.

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:24 AM   #232  

Good Morning !
Off and running on another week! A big welcome Laurie, we can all relate to take out , still my favorite!!! But I will have to behave, and made a promise to myself, once I get to my goal weight we can eat out once a week! I have a short bio list that I'll PM you, and when you get a chance you can send my your info too. It really helps with remembering everybody, were all so busy not everybody is here everyday and confusion can really set in!

Interesting idea with the cake, how fast and easy it sounds!

Ok, my Monday weigh in is sizing up to a one pound loss for the week! That is good, it's still moving in the right direction!! I only have two more weeks to go to hit my first goal, which is 10lbs. As long as I continue at this rate I'll make it!

I'm going to go get ready for work, I'll check in later!!
Old 02-21-2005, 09:53 AM   #233  
The next BIG FAT LOSER!!

Good morning ladies! I've been MIA for a few days. Things have just been crazy around here lately. This week will probably be even worse. We leave for our cruise on Saturday and I have not packed the first thing. I always wait until the last minute. I only have the day before off from work so hopefully I can get everything done!

My son is home from school today. They have parent-teacher conferences so I won't be able to go to Curves today and get weighed in. Probably a good thing cause I don't really feel like I have lost much this last week.

For those of you that are on WW, I found the most wonderful treat that is only 2 points. It is Blue Bunny Vanilla Almond ice cream bars. They are sweetened with splenda and like I said only 2 points. You should really give them a try.

Well, need to go get in the shower so I can get ready for this conference.

Have a good day and good luck to everyone that is weighing in today.
lpnin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:39 AM   #234  
Kerry

So the scale and I came to an agreement that it says 152! When I get below the 150 point I'll probably faint right off the scale. I even started exercising this weekend - doing pilates and yogacizing. I'm going to try to stick with it. I need to get out there walking too, but it's been raining and chilly here in the evenings.

Thanks for all the great recipes ladies. I probably won't be able to try them until next weekend, but I'm looking forward to it.

Jenn - enjoy your trip! I'm so jealous!

I'm still hot on the job search, but still no bites. It can be very depressing and it makes me want to eat CHOCOLATE!!
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #235  

quick hello before I head out to another birthday party--at a PIZZA BUFFET!!!!!!!!

welcome Laurie!

Kerry--interested in a job in Lexington, KY????
Joetta
KYColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:42 PM   #236  
Kerry

Lexington is on the radar! UK has DH's ID program and also a good library system. So far nothing available there

We are both from Indiana and have family up there so would be willing to do the next couple years in the midwest, but so far NOTHING. Right now I have resumes out to Florida State, Virginia Commonwealth, NC State and a law firm in SC. I'm starting to feel worthless esp after a depressing day like today. Where's the chocolate
Old 02-21-2005, 08:49 PM   #237  

Kerry, I'ld invite you to look for a job in PA, but after you got one look at our property taxes you'ld run for your life!!! Keep searching, one will fall right in your lap when you least expect it. Have you thought about being a library teacher at a school? Just a thought, not sure of your interest or what kind of qualifications you would need.

Pizza Buffet, where, I'll be right there, oh what am I thinking, I don't fly and that's too far to drive!

Well I must be getting stronger, I bumped up my weights today to 3, 5, & 8's. Wow I can really feel it. Ok, I'm going to run and get my evening chores done, chat with you girls in the morning!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 06:09 AM   #238  

Good Morning !
Not much to report today, after I got my chores done last night I went to bed and watched a little TV. Boy am I itching to take a day off work, I don't know what gets into me sometimes. The weather is down right crappy and staying home wouldn't accomplish anything. We didn't hear much about weigh ins yesterday, I hope everybody did good!

I made a huge pot of chili last night and DH took the kids out for tacos before I got home from work, so nobody was really hungry. I'm taking the chili in my lunch today, but I really shouldn't eat it again for dinner tonight. Too many days on chili really rips up my stomach, I wonder if it would freeze? Ok, I'm rambling so I'm going to jump off here and get ready for work! I hope everybody has a great day!!! And don't forget if you have a recipe you would like to share get it to me by Friday night so I can have them ready to share over the weekend!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 08:14 AM   #239  
Kerry

Yes you can freeze chili!

As for the school librarian thing, I'm not certified to do that. There is a special track for K-12 Librarians and they become cerified teachers in the process. The school system probably wouldn't be the best place for me and I knew that while in library school. Of course now I just want a job! I am mainly focused on University/College libraries (even tech colleges), medical & law libraries. Although, I would consider anything "special" like inside a biz for instance Disney or NBC, etc. . . Yes there are libraries everywhere, but I swear you have to wait for someone to die to get a job - I see it all around me. I work with some serious geriatrics.

I shouldn't have gotten on the scales this morning. AF showed yesterday and I am bloated and feeling icky (sore throat, sinus). The scale did not say what it was supposed to! But I'm ignoring it until next Monday.

Marie - Good luck with the remodeling project. It sounds like it will be wonderful with all laminates when you are done!
Old 02-22-2005, 10:22 AM   #240  
The next BIG FAT LOSER!!

Good morning ladies! Weigh in this morning was good. 2 more lbs. I must say, I am really impressed with myself this go around. I think that these weekly weigh in's really help.

Had a horrible night at work yesterday. We have this inmate that is 25 and in August he was shot in the abdomen by a police officer. After all of his surgeries he ended up with a ileostomy. When he first came to our jail, the word around town was that he wasn't going to receive the type of medical care that he would in the hospital. My boss started to treat this inmate like he was royalty or something. She made a trip to the grocery store to buy him ginger ale and fresh fruit. Well, he started to become royalty alright....a royal pain in the butt!! He goes through ostomy supplies like crazy. At least 2-3 times a week he is wanting a new barrier and bag. Just to fill you in a little, these things are expensive as crap and WE are paying for them. He will pick at the barrier so that it won't stick or he will let his bag get so full that the weight will cause the barrier to come off of him. The more often you change these bags, the more skin breakdown you have in that area. There is only one type of barrier that he claims will work, the most expensive of course. We do not always have that type and he must use a cheaper version....which works just fine. I bet if he were on the street, these are the ones that he would be using! Anyway, last night he needed a new one and of course we didn't have the one that he wanted. When I handed it to him, he started to complain that it wouldn't stick to him and threw it in the trash. Then all of a sudden he had one of the expensive barriers that he just "happened" to find and wanted to know if I could cut it to the right size. I told him that I couldn't do it at that moment because I didn't have scissors on me but that I would take it back to medical, cut it and bring it back to him as soon as I had a chance. He wanted to know a specific time when I would be back. I told him that we were very busy and that I would get to it asap, but I could not give him a specific time. He took the barrier away from me and asked the officer for a grievance. By this point I was so mad at him that I just wanted to stand there and tell him EXACTLY what I thought about him......but of course I handled myself pretty well. I just ignored him and started giving another inmate his medication. Then this little creap looked at me and said, "Nurse Coleman, my bags are no different than you females changing your tampons." I told him that was a little uncalled for, there is a big difference in the two and that he could get away from me before I had him charged. Technically I could have him charged with destruction of jail property (since he threw the bad in the trash) and charge him with the cost of the bag. We were so busy last night that I didn't want the hassle so I didn't charge him with anything. When I go in today, I will talk to my boss about it and see if she thinks that we should charge him. I want this inmate to realize that we are not at his beck & call and that this type of behavior will not be tolerated. I did see a note in his chart last night that said that the doctor told him that he could only get his supplies once a week. I am going to get the doctor to actually write that as an order so for now on when he picks at it or lets his bag get too full then he is out of luck!

Ok, sorry for that long vent but it has been over 12 hours and I am still mad!

I better go so I can get some laundry done. Only 3 more days till my cruise and I STILL don't have the first thing packed! Hope everyone has a great day!!
lpnin03 is offline   Reply With Quote