Old 03-07-2004, 08:31 AM   #181  

Hi Teel

I noticed you have jumnped over from the UK page so I thought I would join you. Sorry to hear you are down in the dumps at the moment. Hope everything gets better really soon.

I am mopey myself right now. Nothing wrong really healthwise (althoguh I am going back on the blood pressure tablets and rejoined at the doctors). I thnk I am galloping towards the big M (not marriage). I have started to get really tearful and het up at work which is really annoying. Now I realise how much my mum put up with - albeit a lot quieter and less of the "poor little me" that I am prone to. Of course this is nothing loike you are gong through Teel.

Decided to cheer myself up with a load of videos. I have also borrowed my Godson's Harry Potter book which always manages to cheer me up a bit. I am enjoying the series and have seen the films with him as well.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:30 AM   #182  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Shaker, if the bride cancelled you could throttle her neck with the dress!!!
It is very sad about the $$. I hope the organza works and guess you are right to just let it all go. But I do hope the day will be a nice one for you. Maybe a nice slow dance with the Copper!!

Teel~ You are sounding chipper!! I'll save some chili for you!! Your smilies are adorable!!! I had downloaded some but AOL is not compatable with them and I could not get them to work right. Or I am a dummy and cannot get them to work right!! Probably the latter.

Shad, I hope you are well and sightseeing! I was looking at your Whitsunday photos again last night and pedalling. I love the sunrise one. It IS very dramatic and I think my favorite. Well this week anyway!

Happy~ What a GUY!! He is definitely a keeper. Nice flowers and glad the day was good.

Peacock~ Hello and my name is Mel. Hope you have a nice Sunday!

Girls, today is my birthday and I am spending it with the kids for a hot lunch and a movie. No cake there! LOL AND no one hung candy on the door either. Could it be that they realize I really do want to lose weight and respect it? Tomorrow I go to the Mall to spend my gift cards and I'm getting excited thinking about new pants! Now, I don't know why I didn't get a pair myself. Maybe it would have made me feel more like "sticking" with it if I looked good in the mirror. It's a thought. Why do I spend every $$ I have on everyone else and I'm soooo stingy with myself?? Somehow I have being good to myself mixed up with being selfish and greedy. Think at this stage of my life I would have figured this out by now. I thought I did this LAST YEAR!! Better shower and go do girlie things and get ready. Have a good Sunday/Sunight!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:43 AM   #183  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Birthday Mel!!!!

Hope you have the most lovely day - even if it doesn't involve Chinese Food, Birthday cakes or Hunky firemen...

happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:44 AM   #184  

Hi Melody!

Happy Sunday to you as well. I am actually at work correcting some reports but am not too sad about it because I have my Pixies CD blasting out while I work. Yay!
Old 03-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #185  
Choose your hard

Welcome Peacock do you hail from Great Britain also?
Old 03-07-2004, 11:05 AM   #186  

HI Happy - love the contented cat picture!

Yes I do live in UK- West London to be precise. I usually only go to the UK fat chicks board. Mnd you a lot of the postees are ex pat Brits living in USA or Americans living in UK.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:51 PM   #187  

Height: 1.73

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEL HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEL.. YAYYYY HAVE THE BEST DAY.. love those new smilies.. Welcome Pea stick around and join in the fun, trials and tribulations of those spread far and wide in more ways than one!!...

The wedding is on Sat, I was informed by the bride last night that the rehearsal is at 7pm Fri night, lucky is only 3hr drive so should make it by then, and then I have to go and have girly stuff on Fri night, boys get to go to the pub, me want to go there too!!.. but no I can gossip and paint toe-nails and stuff.. oh lovely for me.. am trying not to be too cynical... anyway here is the picture of the dress.. I managed to squash it down, and it tested the patience of any good person to do that, to big, to tall, they are a bit fussy on pictures, wrong size.. well hard to squash me in!!.. anyway my sister reckons it isn't to bad just a bit of nothing not flattering but not ugly.. me still not that flash about it though.. see what you think...

4got to say I am selling girl guide bikkies, anyone want to buy some??... nah I hear you say.. good girls will give them to all the ones that need them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg full length2.jpg (31.8 KB, 18 views)
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:48 AM   #188  
Choose your hard

Oh great - I did a big long post last night and when I submitted it, I got a message that the forum was closed for an hour for routine maintenance. Looks like I lost my entire post and I don't remember much of what I wrote...

Shaker, I think you look quite lovely in that dress. It accents your coloring nicely and while perhaps the dress is a bit plain - is the bodice beaded? - I'm sure with a nice necklace, the flowers and your shawl it will be quite dressy. You are a pretty lady and you look very nice in the pic. And you have great arms and shoulders for that style of dress - not everyone could pull that off successfully. At least it doesn't have big puffy sleeves, a butt enhancing bow and lots of little ribbons on it! I think you look very pretty in it, really I do. I would buy some of your girl guide bikkies, but the postage would put both of us in the poor house. It's funny, they must sell them all over the world at the same time as the girls were out in force at the entrances to the stores all weekend - there's no avoiding them. DH brought home 2 boxes himself - he's been digging into his but I have left mine untouched

Shad, hope you got to enjoy a little bit of your weekend and got some much needed rest to get over your cold. Is no fun teaching or flying with a stuffed up achy head and the sneezies. Mel, hope you had a fabulous birthday celebration - I look forward to hearing about the wild parties Peacock, one of the most interesting things about being on this forum has been learning about the different people all round the world. Tho I dare say I will not be asking for an explanation of what is single cream again - I nearly drove poor Teel batty on that one, only to realize that we don't have things like clotted cream and single cream here in the states. As for you Teel, I would have to agree with Mel that I would be looking into alternative treatments - as opposed to relying strictly on the medicines - as you know, sometimes the doctors listen as well (and I say that tongue in cheek) as the courts do when it comes to your care and well being. Though some of your issues may not be curable, perhaps there are things which can make you more comfortable. Have you tried the pool and jacuzzi yet? Massage therapy to ease those sore muscles which must be tight as a bow string from all the pain? I also think it's important to have some purpose in things. I could see you as the volunteer story time lady reading to the children at the library. I would think with your love of smilies that you would be a very expressive reader and hold the wee ones rapt attention. It's good to get out of the house and in with some people sometimes. Just a thought...

I had a very restless night myself. I have an important project at work and I am feeling overwhelmed and under qualified. Have been fretting about not really knowing where to begin and self stressed that I need to be doing something now. So today I will pick one thing of the lot and focus all my attention on learning to do it well. I doubt I had 2 hours of sleep - kept waking up with strange dreams so I think it will be a sleepy, slow motion type of day unless I drink the entire pot of coffee. Time for work, catch you all later...
Old 03-08-2004, 08:58 AM   #189  

Hi happy

Yes Shaker does look nice in her dress.

Re the cream - I think you Americans call single cream light cream and double cream heavy cream. Mind you as Teel has no doubt mentioned there are loads of diffferent types. Sainsbury's over here does an extra thick single and extra thick double cream.

Usual single cream has a pouring consistency - who wants that when you can dollop a load of thick/ heavy cream on top of stuff instead ha ha! And what the devil are you two talking about cream on this forum for? I am going to have to monitor you both!

I guess the girl guides do that sort of thing over here but I think it is not as common as I have never seen them selling cookies.

Going back to your comment on Shaker's sleeveless dress, it is a lucky woman who can wear a sleeveless dress onc e they are no longer a ten or 20 something! All the dresses I would love to wear but daren't!
Old 03-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #190  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default Strawberry Shortcake!

YUM YUM!!! It was a small, single serving piece. It even came in it's own little "cakebox" I had a wonderful day and for the wishes. I got DVDs, CDs, nailcare stuff, candy(that I gaveJen), flowers(that I gave Jen) and a lovely 2pc PJ set in rose. Jen loves when a holiday comes! She comes down to take the "offending" articles away when I call!
I better exercise my butt off for the cake and get a head start today!! LOL There is no shopping today. Trip was cancelled and then Mother Nature cancelled the expected storm! Go figure.

Shaker, I love the picture and the dress looks absolutely wonderful on you!!! The organza thing will be a nice accent piece but you look great without it!!
Like Happy said with a little jewelry you are good to go. Very Princess Diana-esque!

Happy~Hope you have a good day even in slow motion! I woke up feeling "heavy" in the head not the body! LOL I sit here yawning at the PC and wishing it would type by itself!!!

Peacock~ Nice to see you again. My Grandmother used to make Holidays in the British tradition with the creams, puddings and meats. I miss her cooking and just can't seem to imitate it. She of course never measured anything!! OH now I'm getting hungry!!

Teel and Shad~ Are you girls on vacation?! I hope Shad is not in bed sick!!
Hope you both are well and we see you soon.

Happy Monday to all of us! I need to try out my Serenity CD and see if it works with exercising Jen's idea so I can do my breathing exercises to music. After my last fiasco, she bought calm music! Adios my friends!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:39 PM   #191  

Melody,

Tere is a british cooking site if you get nostalgic - google on Helen's british cookery or something like that. Just to look not to try at home!!
Old 03-08-2004, 05:39 PM   #192  

Coo struth...I don't post for a dozen hours or so and everyone thinks I have left the planet You should ask Shad what happens when I do disappear off the planet! Last time I was gone for 18 weeks!!!! No I am still here but it seems to have been a real hectic day for me, ending though with a great evening listening to Joanna Trollope talking about her new book, Brother & Sister, which is on a subject rather too close to my heart for me to miss it. I even got up enough courage to ask her a question...I got a public gold star for it and so she signed my copy of the book and drew a star in it
Anyway a huge hello to Peacock and it is so nice to see you here! I actually started posting on this thread before I on the UK one....it is great over here...I thoroughly recommend it! The girls are really friendly and I think I can say that we are all one big family.
MEL, I missed you birthday!!! HAPPY DAY FOR YESTERDAY!!! I hope you had a good day, sorry no firemen to help ...perhaps next year!!!
Shaker, now tell me, what IS the matter with that dress? You look LOVELY in it!!! It is a good colour, a good cut and falls nicely to the ground in a lovely float. Now if I were wearing it, it would be a ghastly sight and I wouldn't be seen dead in it!!! So take heart, my dear Shaker, YOU LOOK DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!!!!
Shad? Are you still feeling ill and horrid? Get well soon and pass them bugs around all those you care to come into contact with!!! hee hee hee!!
Ah yes, and I just remembered, 12 hrs and 23 minutes to go before I get into that jacuzzi!!!!!
Night night all. Love from me.
England calling. Over & out.

Last edited by teel; 03-08-2004 at 05:41 PM.
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:25 PM   #193  

i,ll apologise for butting in on your talk but felt i needed toask teel if her doctor had ever referrred her to a pain clinic Mine did and what a difference istill get lots of pain but find i can cope better because theres someone in my corner to help.I have s spine thats crumbling on me so know about back pain !!! i don,t know whats wrong with you but i have had tens machine {staved off pain for longer}acupuncture very good to start with and steroid injections straight into my spinal chord {fantastic} as pain clinics are run by anethstatists they can prescirbe drugs that gp,s have no access to and they only hdeal with your pain regardless of what your illnesses are and they never once mentioned my weight which normally gets thrown in my face
sorry for butting in
linus
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:56 PM   #194  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh now look what's happened. I've missed Mel's birthday and Happy's anniversary. I'm so sorry. I'm just glad that you both have had a good time. If I had been at home I would have rung you to say HB and HA respectively.
Shaker, you look pretty good from here in that dress. Just needs a bit of decoration to set it off. You never know - it may become one of your favourites with the right bit of jewellery etc. I have many outfits that I bought and which seemed like a fashion disaster but have sort of grown on me.
Welcome Peacock. Nice to meet you.
I'm fine, just cheesed off with things in general over here. I just have to accept that they are probably not going to get any better as long as I stay in this job. System problems all day yesterday. I have a gang of blokes who are eager to get on with it and my desktop went down early in the morning and never came back up until late in the afternoon. JDE had problems with searching, not the programs fault probably more to do with some idiot applying a patch when another patch was not firmly in place! So the poor guys had to listen to my voice all day instead of watching what to do then doing it. I made them stay in because we were running late - upset one of them who has the hots for another one of our trainers which I think is funny - neither of them do tho'.
Went to the Valley of the Giants and the Ancient Empire on Sunday. It is a wonderful place - would have been better if it wasn't raining - bah humbug. What is in the Valley of the Giants I hear you ask? Trees - huge great whopping old Karri trees. Trunks so big you have a workout running around the base! Some of them are hollow and you can seek shelter from the rain in them - whole busloads of people did! There is a walkway which goes up into the treetops and you get a birds eye view of the forest floor 40 metres below (and you are still below the canopy of the forest) Anyway I drove the wrong way and did not see as much as hoped, but the trees were just fine. A sense of timelessness and tranquility in the forest.
No flu, just another dose of painful sinuses. I had a quiet day on Saturday with friends and didn't do much else so I guess that put an end to the flu. Had to go buy myself a jacket because it is getting bloody cold here at night and in the mornings. Nice daytimes tho.
DS had to take Shad the dog to the vet this week as the poor old fellow is having problems standing up. Seems the back end is getting worse with arthritis. No doubt I will get a full run down when I get home on Saturday morning - red eye special from here late Friday night. Back in Brisbane 05:45. Don't see much getting done on Saturday. I have Monday off as RDO and Chris will arrive on Tuesday.
Thats about it. Keep smiling. The victims are arriving!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:57 PM   #195  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

We must have been posting at the same time Linus. Those are some wonderful suggestions you have for Teel. Thanks for coming in and nice to meet you
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote