Old 03-12-2004, 07:03 PM   #226  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default What a grand day I had!!

A woman may retire this year and her birthday is Sunday. No one cared to do anything so I bought cakes, paper plates etc and got her a book she wanted. Asked a friend to pick that up for me last night. The Maintenance men even got involved and made the coffee! LOL We had a great time and stayed around afterwards talking. She was surprised and very happy! Had to see her face!!! I loved it!! Between this and the shopping I am very tired and also very broke!

Happy~ what a tragedy! The news lately has been horrible and each morning I start filling up and turn it off. We are cold over here too but nothing as cold as yours. Sorry to hear that the temps are that low. Snow was forecasted or flurriI should say but nothing so far. I am freexzing and turned the heat up even more today! Sorry you had a Shad-day. Hope it gets better!

Teel~ I did not know there was a limit to smilies!! 31? I will have to back and LOOK! LOL Loved the yellow flowers!!! Spring has gone and sprung on Focussed Chicks!!

Linus~ Hello! Was the caravan with Gypsies and healing? I have heard of things like that on TV but never around here. Do tell!!

Well kids, I am really tired and need to get off the tushy for awhile!! Have a great night/day and a lovely weekend too!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:00 PM   #227  

alas melody nothing as romantic as gypsys my mum has a caravan at the scottish borders which during the summer she practically lives there one of the woman on her site does the faith healing im not in to all that mumbo jumbo to be quite truthful it gives me the creeps but as the caravan site has been closed due to the off season she has not been able to see her i suppose its everyones own taste ill just stick to my tramadol
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:25 PM   #228  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Got home at 0540 this morning and pottered about for a bit then decided that sleep wasn't a dirty word, so for the last couple of hours I have been snoring. Doesn't seem to have done a lot of good tho' as I now feel completely woolly.
It also seems that somehow a virus has nicked into my computer. Probably DS has opened on of the plethora of idiotic files that have come our way over the past week. Since his is networked to mine then it may have come across. I'm not sure what is happening here, but the keeps wanting to send mail out and the Antivirus keeps saying no you can't send it so it tries again and again and again. There is no outgoing mail in my outbox, and I am presently doing a full scan and have sent DS down the road for the latest update since I can't do it on line at the moment.

Geez I wish these idiots would find something constructive to do. I have now instigated a rule in the house in that if we don't recognise the sender then we delete the email. So if any of you are sending me a mail - ensure there is some sort of message in the subject line which I can recognise as coming from someone I talk to online. Most of the addresses I recognise, but not all.

So it is a beautiful day here, although I reckon we could get a storm later in the afternoon. The roses have grown mightily since I've been away and Just Joey is blooming beaut mate. Mel would love it. It's a golden, apricot shaded rose with frilly edges and is quite a big flower. Good fragrance too.

Shad the dog seems to be okay. I'm to take him to the vet again next week for another injection this time for parvovirus (I may take the computer as well)

Lunch time beckons - no food in the house, DS and his lady have taken my car to pick up my early birthday present. Have no idea what it maybe - only hope the car is big enough to bring it home!!! Virus scan has finished and tells me I have no virus' so I may just go delete the internet temporary files and see if there is some problem in there. Everthing else seems okay, just this compulsive desire to send out emails.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:15 PM   #229  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Poor Shad, home all alone, no food in the house and the only thing to keep you company is the mass emailing worm virus it seems that you have on your computer. I think you need to have a serious discussion with DS. I have 5 email accounts for various things - personal, work, school, etc and I am getting spammed in most of them - I keep telling my friends whose only means of correspondence seems to be passing these virus ridden jokes to CUT IT OUT and take me off your joke list, but I don't think they know how. In one extreme case I had to block out a dear friend's email address as she kept filling up my mailbox. I heard she eventually was terminated from her job for violating the company's policy on email and Internet usage - and she didn't understand why. I do hope you get disinfected quickly - some of those are a pistol to get rid of.

So DS took your car to go shopping. They are a bit early, aren't they? Perhaps it comes in parts and you will get a part a week up until the 25th of next month? Perhaps it's a shiny new home gym for you! Whatever it is, I hope you enjoy it. DH bought me roses for our anniversary last week. He asked what the lovely white one with the dark pink edges was called. I said I am not a horticulturalist. I'd call it the lovely white rose with dark pink edges. Told him he should email our rose expert - YOU Particularly as you have been so helpful identifying flowers in the past.

Linus, I believe there is much to be said in that a good part of healing is in your mind and your attitude. Perhaps that's why the faith healing works so well for the mum - she BELIEVES in it. I know myself, some times I have felt the sniffles coming on and I've said "I'm not going to get sick, I'm not going to get sick". Sometimes if I can get to bed early and get some extra sleep, it works. Other times it might go away for a bit and come back later and knock me on my bum But I suppose there's a cure for everyone out there in some way.

Mel, I see that you are on your random acts of kindness tour again. What a lovely thing you did for that lady on her birthday. Everyone should feel special at least one day a year. It was very kind of you to take your tight budget and share with her. May the eye-fairies bless you with some magic potions!

By now I suppose Shaker has her toe-sies all painted up and she is cutting a mean path in her lovely blue dress at the wedding. Except for me and Shad, most of you are sleeping right now. I have one more load of laundry to finish and will call it an end to the night.

The weekend will be filled with chores for the most part. It's still too cold to do much outside so it's a good opportunity to finish the things that need doing on the inside. And I need to start working on DH's website for my school project. I would like to make it quite nice looking and that will take a fair amount of work.

With that, I will bid you all a good night/day and a happy weekend.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 11:33 AM   #230  
Happy September

Default Shaking with fear of the dreaded virus!!

Shad~I imagine it would be very expensive for me to fly Shad over here to rid my PC of a virus!! I live in fear of these things as I have no clue how or where to start! Hope it work out that you can find it. I had friends who continually bombarded me with jokes. 2 of them still do but the rest honored my request to stop forwarding "junk" to me. When is your birthday? Do tell? April 25th if Happy is right??? Maybe the DS is going to buy you a male computer programmer to rid you of the virus and do other assorted needed activities! I can just smell the roses! Mmmmmmmm!

Happy~ I had a great time yesterday. Cake and all. But today after reading the journals I felt like someone stuck a pin in my balloon. Self doubt made me wonder if others think it bragging. Wow, it really made me stop and re-think my journalling! YIKES!! On another track.... will the Dh's web be filled with butterflies?! or maybe bikini clad women? I know you will do a great job whatever you do! LOL

Linus~ Many years ago I had a chance to see a Buddhist healer of some kind. Friends were encouraging me to go but I just couldn't do it. I felt the mumbo jumbo willies and chickened out! Some of them never spoke to me again but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! LOL AH too bad it wasn't Gypsies!!! Another bubble burst today!

Too cold here for outside sports too. Guess it's just me and the mops. Wet and dry! Maybe some hoovering too. I see 2 pieces of cereal from this mornings fare!!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 03-13-2004, 03:15 PM   #231  

melody you keep blowing up those bubbles and dont let any one knock you down the only person that matters is you and if you want to gloat you go girl!!! if i ever start to lose weight ill go up on my roof and tell everyone then will have a good ogle at the firemen that have to come and get me down as we live in a tenement and our roof is five floors up speak soon kirsty
Old 03-13-2004, 03:32 PM   #232  

hey shad just logged off then had a thought is the shot for parvo a booster as in scotland we get our pups vacinated at eight weeks and the second at twelve weeks and then a booster every year my two are due theres in june it makes them a bit off colour for a few days but worth it as parvo and leptosparosis is still really strife here
Old 03-13-2004, 05:27 PM   #233  

Default Hate and it's aftermath!!!!

It really is not worth hating, it simply gives me a headache. I will find some other means to get even with the virus idiot and other idiots who cross my path. Don't get angry - get even!!!!
But if any of you wish to send me an email from now on and I do enjoy hearing from you all, please ensure you add a comment to the subject line that I will recognise (like the name of the dog or the latest renovation disaster or triumph) otherwise it will be deleted if I do not recognize the name of the mailer. I was considering blocking all attachments but that is a bit ridiculous - may just have to install a firewall to screen them.
Mel I read somewhere in the journal where a person got upset because of the remarks in a friends journal. I don't have time to go back through the journals so really don't know what was written, but I love your journals and your comments. Don't stop them, you are not crowing, showing off or whatever you are being you. Do not let anyone upset you or divert your energies from losing the weight. That's what we are here for not to whinge or ***** about the habits of others.
The dreaded virus is under control. I am about to spend some more money buying the latest version of Nortons Antivirus. Still they are only as good as the latest virus some idiot put out there to mark their mark on this world. I will have to educate MEL from a distance - although my last attempt wasn't too good if I remember right.
Linus, the dogs here have the parvo shot just like you do. Parvo is not a nice disease and although not prevalent at the moment, it wont take much for it to come back as an epidemic. Yes it does make them a bit sick for a day or so. Shad is so old now it tends to make him quite ill. So I get his parvo done and then a week later go back for the arthritis injection. That lays him low again for a couple of days too.
Happy, I have a rose that fits the description although there a probably many others as well. Mine is a large white flower with almost hot pink edges that deepen to rosy red with age. It is called Princesse de Monaco. I love the bush. Mine has some new buds on it. When it comes to flower I will take a photo. Sometime today I'll go out there and grab a shot of Just Joey for Mel too.
Weighed in this morning - first time for a fortnight - 75.5 so I am managing to hold it with the travel and the gym. I haven't takien my water tablets for the last couple of days either.
I hope Peacock is okay - hasn't gotten a word in lately. Not sure I like the sound of that sandpaper on my delicate bits tho'
Okay, time to get on with the day and go fetch the veges. clean the house, get ready for my guest next week, not that she'll be here for long, 3 days and then off to NZ and then back for 2 days and off to Japan. Her school has turned the Aussie section into a business trip because they have asked her to go to a couple more schools, so they are providing her with a car now. She does not have to borrow mine. Geez she has a great job!!
Off to read the journals
Old 03-13-2004, 05:39 PM   #234  

shad if you are still here try some of the anti virus,s free on the net go to your search engine and tipe in anti virus a whole list of them will come up i would say more but not on an open forum
Old 03-13-2004, 05:41 PM   #235  

sorry meant to say hubby wont let us on net without firewall
Old 03-14-2004, 03:23 AM   #236  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Yes, I did see the journalling "incident". And the more I think about it, the more annoyed I get - and not for the reasons you might think. I think someone made a comment - not vicious or mean spirited and WHAM-O, everyone jumps down the poor girl's throat. There seems to be a double standard here. People can climb on whatever soap box they chose and say whatever they want - because it's MY journal. However, as the person pointed out - most people who journal write not in the manner of someone logging their personal thoughts but rather they write in a style to encourage "conversation" through the comments. God help you if you don't say anything more than "oh you're wonderful, oh you are so full of love for others, yes it's ok that you ate 10 burritos and 12 beers - tomorrow is another day". There are a few people who are rather full of themselves on the journals. Eventually it seemed just a waste of time to me, so I quit participating in them. Especially after something like this where you get flamed.

Mel - you certainly don't fall into that category. Your posts are fun to read and you have us all singing. Through Shad's posts we can tour the world.

But I do see hypocracy in other peoples writings and it's very difficult to be here yet at the same time ignore it. I do like the friends I have made here which is why I pretty much just stick to the threads but I'm wondering if maybe it's just time for me to leave this place altogether...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 04:39 AM   #237  

Oh no you don't Miss Happy. I happen to agree with you about that particular journal entry. But I don't see it as a reason to leave the threads or the journal. It was the lady's opinion and she is entitled to it as much as anyone else. What I did object to was the manner of describing the syntax etc. It's all very well to disagree with what is said, but it is another matter to criticise the way it is written. That is up to the owner of the journal. We all do it in different ways.
I have been guilty of taking a chunk out of a person when they do not perform. Usually it is when to my way of thinking, they are trying to take the easy way out or they are giving up. I will rarely make mention of religion or politics because they do cause a problem in posts, which is where TallTracy ran into problems. But I do kick butt from time to time. Where the lady went wrong was in criticising the other persons beliefs. I'm surprised that one of the 3fcs have not intervened. Actually, Suzanne has not been around for awhile - I've missed her journal posts. I hope she is okay. But the fact is that we all have different ways of doing things and just because they do not match up to our way does not mean they are wrong.
Do not leave Happy or I will be across there with Linda's cattle prod. I need you to push me along and talk sense to me when I am being idiotic. I was thinking of saying something in my journal, but may only inflame things some more. Don't go to the journals if you don't want to, although you will be missed because of your good sincere and helpful comments.
Managed to get most things done today, and am feeling pleasantly tired and pleased with myself. Just need to sort out my room for Chris on Tuesday and we will be all ready.
Morning to all those coming up to morning. Nighty night to Shaker who is probably feeling a little under the weather and I have another couple of hours before bed. Time to put the feet up for a while and consider my day off tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:55 AM   #238  

hey mel "big wheels" creedance clearwater revival i had hubby look for it with a hangover got to go and make him a cuppa to keep him on good side speak later all
bye for now kirsty
Old 03-14-2004, 08:37 AM   #239  
Happy September

OH Linus thanks. My search is over! It was driving me nuts not to know.Thanks Linus's Hubby!!! Hope the cuppa worked! LOL

Happy please don't you go anywhere. Would you leave Shad to the likes of me? Who will she talk her PC lingo to? I almost choked on the burritos and the beer. You are 100% right. Many times I have tried to be encouraging when I thought-WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?. I'm gonna tell Linda to charge up the prod! I'd get on my knees and beg but I can't do that anymore! Besides you yourself can see i'm not safe to be left alone!

Shad~ Got the pics but webshots was closed. So I'll go and look today. I got boxes with little red X in them and http's to click on. Hope you are enjoying the view and aromas!!! Does it come into the house? Hoping the shot doesn't make ole Shad too uncomfortable. I asked Suzanne for some wheelchair smilies or avatars and she answered saying she would look. So she is here somewhere. Probably saddened with the attitudes that have gone on.!

I myself am guilty of having 1 foot on the bandwagon. The commentor's strength of criticism is what bothered me more than anything else but I'm a sensitive gal always defending the underdog. I suppose there will always be times when we can't all play in the journal's sandbox and be nice. Imagine how many of us there are? with good days and bad? who don't all control their emotions? with PMS or meno? The mind boggles that this doesn't happen more often! When I feel some crap coming out of my mouth I skip a day or wing it. Like Shad, I have been harsh when I thought the person wanted it or needed it not to give up. We are all fragile in our own ways and need encouragement. You lot have been a big help to me and I would hate to see anything happen to that just because of some petty incidents. Because it is petty in the big scheme of things I think. OK I am out of the sandboxbox and will give someone else a chance!! Happy~ I see what you mean to the others since the day I arrived. Don't ever let "others" deprive you of that relationship. It's too precious to give up on. You are important to my life now too. Please don't lose sight of that either. I'll be good I promise!

I better go and wipe my eyes and start my day all over again!! Have a great Sunday!
Old 03-14-2004, 08:52 AM   #240  

Oh yuk yuk yuk I have spent the whole weekend so far suffering from a vile bug of vomiting and all that comes with it... It started 03:20hrs on Friday night so it should be very good for weight loss as I have lived on lucozade and lemonade and a few spoonfulls of sugarfree jelly since then. It is so long since I was ever sick like that I had forgotten how much one's stomach muscles hurt like crazy afterwards!! Hee hee I am sitting in the study and it is situated by an ottoman underneath the window. Holly (my hound) has learnt the trick (all by herself and no help from me) of jumping on the ottoman and putting her front paws on the chair arm I am sitting on ( I mean I am sitting in the chair, not the arm) so suddenly I am swivelled round and there is a Westie black button nose next to mine and I get the message she is after something, usually food of some description...and so I am back, having got her a couple of pedigree donuts for dogs...needless to say she loves them....
Aaaagh I am so exhausted after the bug wreaking havok and me not having any sustainance....I actually fancy something but I don't know what.....back to the jelly sitting in the fridge I suppose.
Back later when I have read the posts....
teel is offline   Reply With Quote