Old 02-10-2004, 12:49 PM   #31  

[QUOTE=Shad] - ones definitely a 16 the other a 14!!! Anyone have any explanations???
Oh dear Shad, there is definately no explanation for that predicament!!
Happy, I agree with your thought that if you don't post for 1 day there is so much "post" to catch up on, you can't remember all the important points! Well I definately can't. Well done, Mrs. Happy on your weight loss.
Shad, what on earth is the trouble down there in the plumbing population?? It seems totally choatic. No small wonder staff are leaving left, right and centre. I hope the new staff have it in them to pull the place out of the mud they seem to be sinking in. It sure will take some doing. Try not to let the situation get to you, Shad, it would not be right for you to get depressed and sink under the pressure when you had no part in the making of the trouble in the first place. Hang on in there girl, and get out as fast as you can.
As for the treadmills, go gently on them...they obviously can't stand the strain!!
Mel, It feels so good when a member of the medical profession actually does listen to what you are saying and doesn't treat you as if your mouth is moving but no words are coming out! Hang on to your new bloke, he must be a gem!! Good, good, good luck with your new meds. Hope they make oodles and oodles of differance. Yes...Holly is a West Highland White Terrier, aged 6 years and 50 weeks!!If I remember Iwill attach a thumbnail piccie of her at the end of this post.
Shaker, it is so good to "see" you again! You have been in hiding for too long, methinks!! Well done on your weightloss, too! Your DD seems a real treasure, even if you do not think so as you are reaching for that cookie jar!! From what I remember of ice-hockey, having watched it on t.v., it is a very fast and furious game, made me exhausted just watching it
Ah well, the dog is shouting at some creature over the fence. Probably feline! I will call her in for her tea. Such diversionary tactics usually do the trick!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cold feet.jpg (10.7 KB, 22 views)
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:59 PM   #32  

Height: 1.73

Hi Ladies and happy Wed to you all!!! things will be frantic at work today so a quick post. Last night I went to the smorgasboard and managed to be EXCELLENT.. gold star for me!! I had salad and fresh salmon and smoked fish, two small plates of that and then for dessert I had fresh fruit salad with a bit of yoghurt on top, two small bowls of that (the in-laws like to get their money's worth so didn't want to look like I was letting the team down!!!).. so I was pretty pleased with myself. MIL is going to come to WW with me so that is good she has put on lots of weight, maybe she should join this thread for a pick-me-up!!!

So today I am working hard then have to leave early as they have a school uniform sale and DS has grown tons during the holiday so he needs more clothes. He eats and eats if you let him that kid.. he is probably about 8kg oversize for his age but not to worry he is pretty active and loves sports.. except I couldn't talk him into ice hockey after watching it.. so I just try to be sensible with him.

It is still warm here although a few showers, can't rely on the weather in Auckland, if they say fine take a brolly!!! Anyway is muggy as **** about 26 during the day so I'm not going to complain as winter will come soon enough. At least Shad you can work on "evening out" those little problems.. haha... stuff the other one to match for now and am sure the treadmill will help to shift things once again. Holly is such a cutie Teel you are so lucky to have her... I have been going on a bit about having another dog as they are such good motivation for walking and unconditional love (well I guess the like to be fed!!!) anyway I would like a golden retriever but they are big dogs and so I will wait a while maybe another year and see what happens.

Have a happy day Mel and glad to hear that you are sorting out the docs and stuff.. I have not come across that sort of thing here but I guess when you are in a small country everyone knows everyone else somehow and they take care of you.. only problems like Teel's turn up where the money gets stuck in the government's pocket and won't come out!!!.. bye all.. oohh and Happy you are the "bom" lady, you stay on the SBD and see how you go.. I must say that my WW leader has let it slip a few times that she doesn't eat carbs at night and from what I can figure out with chatting to her over the group she pretty much avoids them altogether like myself.. not good for the other members tho!!! I ate no carbs at dinner last nite and realised that most people ate heaps of them as all the yummy things were very high carb - if you can conker the carb craving you can conker the world.. .. byeee
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 08:22 PM   #33  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

OOOH Shaker you are so right. I need to conquer the carb thing. I'm starting to slip again. Good reminder!! Congrats too!!! You did a great job of willpower at the food table!!!

I need to journal again too. I just read someone's journal and that reminded me to get the journal out I bought for January's re-start. Ok plans to make to stay on track!!I went food shopping and got tuna steak and sliced low salt turkey. While I was there some 70+ gent was trying to pick me up!! I had just given another one the brush in another asisle!!. What is it with these seniors!! Do I look like I need one!! I'm not sure if this is a compliment or an insult!! The first one puts candy in my backpack on my chair when I'm not paying attention or gives it to my bus driver to give to me!! My life is not my own!! Senior citizens are taking it over! I'm surrounded!! I may never food shop again. Hmmmm Wonder if they deliver?!

Happy~ Congrats on the 2 lbs and your journey as it nears onderland!! I'm glad the SBD is working for you. If mine fails me I will switch to that one. I just need to de-carb but keep "cheating" I too wonder how the DH is doing! Did he eat the "mashed potatoes" yet?

Teel~ Holly is very beautiful and last week I went to webshots to see her there too. Very cute. I love animals but too many sinus probs. So I settled on my finches. LOL But you cannot hug and kiss them

Shad~ Hope the trip continues on well and happy!!

Night everyone!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:30 PM   #34  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Shad, don't know how to explain the "imbalance" in the breast dept. Perhaps more tricep curls with the T-connectors on one side over the other as you were demonstrating in the show room? I blame my problem on the fact that DH pulls on one more than the other I hope things are going a bit better in your week. I still think of you wistfully being able to go for a swim after work. Or are you now at a different hotel?

Shaker, a deep bow from me to you in honor of you being so good at the buffet. I have stayed away from restaurants particularly because I do not have the discipline to exercise portion control OR good choices when confronted with lucious foods. Was it your MIL that had lost the weight on Jenny Craig before? Now she is trying WW? And isn't your FIL the chocoholic?

Teel, that is so nice that you have tea for little Holly. Do you you make her crumpets too? Oh wait, your tea is what we call lunch, isn't it? Are you still trying things with the slow cooker/crockpot?

And Miss Mel, you snazzy, jazzy lady. Teasing all the fellows at the market are you? They probably want to sit in your lap and go for a ride in your chair. Next time one winks at you ask him if he's depleted his IRA yet because you're so much YOUNGER that he's going to have to leave you alot to keep you in style you're accustomed to.

I have had a good day today. Got up early, had breakfast with the DH and after he left for the office I had plenty of time before I had to start work so I did a WATP tape and also 15 minutes of yoga. The yoga was really relaxing. It put me in a great mindframe for work. Then things got hectic and there is even MORE work I have to do now. I am trying to figure how I can get it all sorted out and not panic. Deep breaths help. I am also trying to enjoy my last 2 weeks of nightly freedom before school starts up again.

I'm so excited I think I'll go vacumn the rug now. Oh and no, I have not attempted to feed DH the magic cauliflower mashed potatoes. In fact, I will have to cook them up when he's not home and light 8 scented candles to cover the smell. I made some mushrooms tonight to go with my steak and was greeted to yuck, no thanks for me. I just smiled and said, you can't have them, they're all mine.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:00 PM   #35  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

- if you can conker the carb craving you can conker the world.. Shakerism of the week!!! Well done on the eating Shaker - you've earned your gold stars.
DS's have a habit of growing out of things quickly - I can remember buying shoes for the eldest and 4 weeks later back we go again for some more as his toes are stuck up at the front of the shoe again.
Weather - again WET, WET, WET. We have a cyclone sitting north of us and dumping rain on us until we are getting ready to grow webbed feet and pass in the car for a row boat or maybe an Ark.
Not much to report here today and little time to report it anyway. So I'll leave you in pieces ahhhh sorry peace to get on with your days. Have a good one.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 08:55 AM   #36  
Happy September

Talking A Holiday for Melody

Shad~ remember the old toilet plungers that clears up the clogs? Maybe you can put one of those in the smaller cup! While you're at it get me one in a "D-cup". I'd like for once in my life to have 2 boobs the same also After talking to maintenance yesterday trying to get my sink fixed~ I think I have found a few places to stick those tee connectors in

Happy~Steak and mushrooms YUM! One of our favorites over here!!
8 candles? You'll need the industrial strength kind! Good luck with that plan. I'm starting to see the devious side in you. Hope you get the work done and good luck in school. An story for your long ago comment: Yes my Dad gave me this name and I have been singing ever since! When he worked the late shift, he used to listen to a radio program called MILKMAN'S MATINEE.(1947) It was musical. The announcer had a daughter and named her Melody-something but my Dad liked Melody-Ann better. Long ago the hyphen got lost in the shuffle.

I have scheduled a 5 day Mel-iday for me that starts today. The office is closed Thurs and Mon so I decided to take all 5 days off. I can hardly wait! OOPS I DON'T HAVE TO. IT STARTED ALREADY
I'm going to make a turkey meatloaf and get rid of the chili. No spicy foods for a while now. Everything else I have has been ok'd. My driver said this morning that he's coming into the store and pretend he's my BF from now on. And also give back the candy and tell him I'm a diabetic!! I had problems with 2 other guys at another food store awhile back. They were both in wchairs but could drive. They also drove my driver crazy with questions. He told them I already had a BF! He told the office they should do my shopping for me so things like this can't happen and for me to learn that I'm no longer allowed to smile in public!
Well I better get started on my vacation!! I think I already found my sense of humor and it's just begun!!! Have a great day/night all!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:04 AM   #37  
Choose your hard

Mel, I know I am sometimes - well often confused but isn't this WEDNESDAY? (They'll be looking for you and you'll be yelling LEAVE ME ALONE - I'm on Mel-i-day!) I love it!!!!

You must be one hot mama - seems all the boys are after you
Old 02-11-2004, 11:08 AM   #38  
Happy September

OMG I'M SURPRISED THEY HAVEN'T KNOCKED AT THE DOOR!! I thought today was Thursday!!! OMG this is too funny!! When I read your post I thought you were CRAZY! Then I remembered I went to Shoprite yesterday and it was Tuesday!! After my phone call this morning they are most likely afraid to call me!!
Old 02-11-2004, 04:57 PM   #39  

This thread gets a little crazier everyday. Meil I often forget what day it is and am grateful for Microsoft Outlook as it tells me what day is what.
I'm still at the same hotel happy, however I don't need to go swimming anymore, just stand outside the door does the trick. Another 130ml of water fell last night - thats about 5 inches of water. Since this low decided to sit over top of us, we have had 768ml of water dumped on us. Nearly a metre (39 inches) of water - a metre being 1000ml. Cyclone Fritz has moved west and is regathering force over the Gulf of Carpentaria. Hopefully we will see an improvement in the weather today.

Okay time to go dig out the natives and beat them about the head.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:47 PM   #40  
Happy September

Shad~ You must be glad to see the the back of the cyclone! Just reading your post was scary enough. When they are dumping all that rain can they be seen from shore?
Glad it's leaving and maybe some sun will shine on you!!

Happy~ You jinxed it!! the office called and asked to "borrow" some fruit. I took it down in my PJ'S! LOLOL There were no calls after that! Meliday has officially begun!!
Old 02-11-2004, 06:36 PM   #41  

borrow some fruit?!?! - what shape will it be in when they give it back!?!?!?! Don't answer that I don't think I really want to go there!
Old 02-11-2004, 07:00 PM   #42  

Height: 1.73

Hi Ladies, ha ha Mel you crack me up, you can't remember what day it is and you are wondering why the old guys are trying to pick you up.. perhaps they have a pact and know you will forget who has asked you out and jsut keep on trying!!

Thanks for the bows and good tributes for my smorgy!! And yes MIL did the JC's and YES she put it all back on again and then some. FIL doesn't help but since he went into a bit of depression the choccy has gone awol aswell, thing is he has lost 9kg and her nothing. She has to exercise and sometimes it isn't till you get back to into a program that you get out there and do it. She is vertically challenged as well so that doesn't help, being rather tall certainly has it's advantages. Anyway I am way on the track to being a very lovely matron of honur and hoep I can post some lovely piccy's. I got the invite to the hens night yest, bit of a laugh, says that the bridesmaids (me and another vertically challenged lady) will be responsible for the bride and any mayhem she causes.. eeekkksss!!!... could be a looong night. It starts in my home town about 2.5hrs drive away - so at least I get to say Hi to my Dad, and then we have hired a bus and off to another town - Taupo (that's for Shad who may just well know the place, isn't far from no1 son in Rotorua??).. anyway it will be a good night and full of drunken people no doubt.. might have to keep my wits about me!

Shad it has been rainig here to but not as bad as that, my uncle used to live up in Carins and ran a backpackers place, bit of a hoot but boy they really mean rainy season up there!!! Well I have to go work is calling me again.. have a good night all.. I watched extreme makeover last night, don't think that will ever happen in New Zealand tho, could do with a nip and tuck here and there!!!
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 08:49 PM   #43  
Choose your hard

I really, really, REALLY want to see Mel delivering fruit to the office in her pajamas. I must agree Shaker, ooh la la Mel. No wonder the boys are winking at you

And poor Shad - 39 inches of rain. In one place, in one week? DH asked how do you survive in that. I said Shad, she's been practicing her swimming. And now I know why! I can't even imagine that. We had a series of freak storms once, 11 inches of rain and it cause major flooding all over. We live at a slight decline at the bottom of the street and the kids hauled out their saucer snowboards and were riding the rapids down the street. I would imagine in cyclone winds and rain that you are soaking by the time you get from the hotel just to your car. Does the car float by the way? I know the old Volkswagon Beetles did, can't say much for the others though.

Shaker, it sounds as if you will make quite the lovely attendant at the wedding. So nice that you will make your goal as planned. A real tribute to keeping your wits at the buffet table!

I was matron of honor at my sister's wedding. Was coached before hand what my "duties" were - mostly at the church making sure her train was spread out nicely when she moved from place to place at the altar. Halfway into the ceremony, she and her husband went to the side to light the unity candle. They knelt down to say a prayer and I, the dutiful lady in waiting, carefully spread her train out across the floor. When done, I stepped backwards to move away, not noticing that there was a step off the altar proper. I went flying - the arms doing this big windmill gesture as I tried to keep my balance and not say my usual "Oh Sh*t" out loud. I didn't fall but stumbled for a few feet backwards. They didn't catch it on the video but you can see all the groomsmen nearly doubled over with laughter. I myself was in silent great shaking fits of laughter which egged them on more. Later during a reading, I was behind my sister as my brother was at the pulpit reading. He was a very expressive person and a great reader. Except that his eyebrows bounced up and down, up and down as he talked. Well that started me into another fit of the silent giggles. And when I get to laughing it's great big heaves. Here I am in full view of all the guests who thought I must be having an attack. Sister felt me shaking and out of the corner of her eye she saw me laughing. She immediately knew it was my brother and there's the 2 of us shaking and laughing all through the sermon. The more we tried to stop, the more we laughed harder. I'm surprised neither Mom nor the priest came over and gave us a good wack Hopefully you will have as much fun.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:03 PM   #44  

Survive he asks?! Well I don't survive very well. I hate the grey and there is no way anyone would get me to live up here all year round. Winter is very pleasant - take note in case you ever decide to do the great OE and come on down! From April to about October - the weather is balmy and nice, almost guaranteed no rain. It may be winter but us southern folk can swim in it (avg temps 21-30 degrees - lower at night) Summer is the wet season and this year there is a big wet season. They have huge drains and gutters, they build to avoid the water and drainage is a big thing. It is normal for this sort of thing to happen. Tully about 200km south of here is one of the wettest places on earth!!!
Shaker it is Teels brother in Rotorua and my son is in Wellington (you know that place at the bottom of the North Island that does the Parliamentary thing!!!! ) But you have a really good night out with the girls and look after the bride too!
Don't do a happy on this wedding - I can imagine her falling off the step, lucky she didn't take all the altar arrangements down with her. Irreverent lot you are!

Anyway, as you may be able to tell I haven't got much to do today. It's boring me to tears but at least I get to keep up with the threads - I think that MEL will be causing havoc in the journals soon so I might stay out of there for a while too.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:45 AM   #45  

May I join in??

I live in Berlin, Germany, but come from Poland, so I think I fit here...

I am 26 years old and SAHM at the moment. I have a 3-months-old daughter Alizée Nicole. After giving borth I decided it was high time to start getting in shape. I did not gain too much being pg, but I was already overweight before. I would like to achieve my pre-marriage weight of 57kg (125lbs) till the end of the year. I don't know if it's possible, but hey, at least it's a goal!

I am looking forward to chatting with you all

Hugs
Gosia is offline   Reply With Quote