Old 02-24-2004, 11:21 AM   #121  
Made my Goal weight!

HI Ladies

Wow, both my boys are sick right now, so my dh and I have been giving them lots of TLC, but at least they were not sick while my in-laws were here...
My weight is fluctuating between 137.2 and 138.2...so I am QUITE HAPPY!!!! I cannot wait until spring is here, and I can go outside for walks with the kids...I feel like I have "cabin fever" right now from being indoors so much...

Hope everyone is doing well, our thread seems to be dwindling......lets bring it BACK...we are great people....and I know there are more of us out there!

Happy Tuesday to all!

Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:38 AM   #122  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Sorry Leanne, I wasn't online for more than 2 minutes yesterday
I hope your boys get well soon. Both sick at the same time, that's rough, but it's likely to happen as kids love to share germs. How did it go with your inlaws?
Cabin fever, tell me about it. In a week I'm moving 9 hours south of here, hopefully spring will get there sooner than here Wishful thinking. Well, maybe it will be a bit sooner. I'm really looking forward to going for walks and jsut simply being outside. Although, spring means that I have to get back to work, I'm starting to really enjoy it here at home.
You're doing great with your weight You're at my goal weight. Yes, I'm jealous, but just a little, What is your goal weight? How tall are you again? I'm not sure if my goal is 147 or 137. Do you like being at the weight you're at? You should start to gain soon. Or how far along are you now? You don't want to starve the little baby. I'm a little paranoid that people will do that. I've known some people to do that jsut so they won't gain all the weight. and that is sad
Yes, our thread is dwindling, I don't know where everyone is staying? Hellooo...are you out there?
I hope you have a good day tomorrow Leanne!
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:56 AM   #123  
Made my Goal weight!

Diana

Hey, we will keep the thread ALIVE!
Yes, I am quite happy at this weight right now...I am eating like crazy though, veggies and fruit and rice cakes, and my body seems to like it...I go for an ultrasound tomorrow to find out just how pregnant I am...
I am only 5'2, so my goal weight is 125-130 ( I am quite muscular so I dont want to get too low), but for now I like where I am...all my clothes fit and many are big so that makes me happy.
Yes, the boys are still sick, no fun and my dh and I are VERY tired, but we'll do whatever it takes to get them feeling better....darn cough sounds awful for both of them.
Wow, your moving? Hopefully you enjoy the new place and yes, I am all for spring...I forgot, does Alberta even get spring? I remember it being SO cold there...
Happy Thursday to All

Leanne
Old 02-26-2004, 03:21 PM   #124  
A Mom

Leanne, of course we get spring! It's 0 degrees here right now. That's nice enough for me for this time of year. I'm 5'2" as well, so I guess I'll probably not be happy at 147, so I'll aim for 137. I weighed this morning and I'm the same, so I'll make tomorrow my official day so it gives me one more day to lose at least .5 pound HAve fun at the ultrasound tomorrow! Adn I hope the boys get well soon. My DS ahs an ear infection and it's been going on for 3+ weeks. I hope that'll go away soon!
Diana
Old 02-28-2004, 03:08 AM   #125  
A Mom

Hi Leanne, missing you. Okay it's very late so I'll jsutsay a few words. I was reading up on our old posts. And I realized that you lost a ton of weight in a real hurry. Way to go That is super. Was it all the diet you were on? You exercised a lot though too, right? ARe you worried that you'll gain it back because you lost it so fast? You're doing great so far we keeping it off, and you're pregnant too You are still my favorite wonderwoman and weightloss hero
Diana
Old 02-28-2004, 10:16 PM   #126  
Made my Goal weight!

Aw, Thank you Diana- you made me blush when I read your post....
Yes, I lost quite a bit but I worked my butt off for EVERY pound, and I was at the gym a lot, sometimes twice a day...I was 222 before I had my son, and 215 the day we came home from the hospital...(funny, he weighed 7 lbs at birth)...
Now, I am 136.2........ : I am thrilled! So, I am not about to go back to my old excuses and ways of eating that got me to 215...basically, it is just things like eating veggies instead of donuts....rice cakes instead of pasta...just smarter choices pretty much.
So I had my 1st ultrasound yesterday...wow, it is just SO amazing. I am about 10 weeks pregnant and will be due September 20th.

Well, no matter what I am in this battle for the long haul...I dont ever want to get "fat" again and I am doing my best to change my life. Like many people say diets are meant to fail, life changes are forever...
Okay, enough from me
Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend!
Leanne
Old 03-01-2004, 01:12 AM   #127  
A Mom

You can do it Leanne, you can keep it off. Okay right now you can't keep it all off, but you can keep from getting *fat*. You should try and gain the right amount, not too much and of course, not too little. During the first 3 months you're not expected to gain anything or not more than a few pounds, so you're on a great track. But when nad if you find that one month you gain more than you'd have liked to, don't get down, jsut try to gain a *correct* amount the next month. You are going to do so well, I jsut know it. Sounds like you are making good choices with food, good for you.
I hope you had a good weekend. I had a good one but have lost all self control when it comes to dieting. I don't know why can you give me something to kick myself in the butt with? Maybe I should try your diet. I still havn't done it but it's still in my inbox in my email.
Diana
Old 03-02-2004, 12:12 AM   #128  
A Mom

Leanne, I'm missing you!
Diana
Old 03-02-2004, 09:50 AM   #129  

Default I've been lurking

on your thread! I'm a new mom (not *so* new anymore: DS is 6 months) and I am really struggling to find a weight loss program that I can live with. Some of you have had great success and I wanna know how! I am thinking of just following a 1500 calorie/day plan and upping my exercise, but I would love some input. I have done ww in the past, but have never tried anything else. Any advice welcome. Thanks, mommies!
Daisynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:58 AM   #130  
Made my Goal weight!

Diana- Here I am....yes, our thread is dwindling ever so slowly...where is Christie??
Welcome Daisynyc....Any plan that gets us feeling better and where we want to be, is a great one, but yes, I am definitely pro-exercise...it always helps, both physically and mentally! How much are you trying to lose??

Well, got a lot to do today, by hubby is FINALLY going back to work tomorrow, from his maternity leave...so, it will be really strange not to have him here ALL the time...so I have lots to do today! I better get to it!

Leanne
Old 03-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #131  

Leanne: Need to lose about 80 pounds: 20 from before pregnancy and 60 from the pregnancy (all that bed-rest!). I really am overwhelmed by all the "plans" out there. South Beach. Body for Life. WW. Everyone I know is doing something different. I guess I don't know where to begin. And of course time is limited with DS, work (part-time) etc. How have you managed to do so well? Your stats are great.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:47 PM   #132  
A Mom

Welcome Daisync, congrats on the baby !!
How did you do on WW the first time you did it? That is what I'm doing now, well I should say I did for a while and then went off and as of today I'm back on it!! I have found some dedication again, must have hid it in my toes or something And yes, Leanne's stats are great, she is the queen of weight loss.
Leanne, Christie's computer is having problems. She said she'd be posting form her Dad's house, but she must not be getting there to do so. How did your DH get such a leave? Is that normal for the military? Must be nice, but I can see how that will be a huge adjustment!!
Have a great day ladies,
Diana
Old 03-02-2004, 01:27 PM   #133  

Diana: I made lifetime on WW in 1997! I lost about 30 pounds and kept it off until last year. It was a good program, and there is a good leader near me. I don't know why I am looking for something better, but I get sidetracked when I hear about the South Beach Diet or other diets. Maybe one of those would be healthier/better/more effective. If I go back to WW, I get 3 months free, which is a nice incentive. What have you been doing? How old is your baby/babies?
Old 03-02-2004, 05:42 PM   #134  
A Mom

My baby is 9 months, very cute age, although I think all the stages are cute. Today I'm back on WW, I've had 12 points, and am not hungry right now, so I should do okay today. If you did so well on WW, I think it's an idea to try it again. I think it would be easier to maintain after WW than after those low carb diets. I jsut can't see how all that fat can be good for your arteries and the poor old ticker. How come did you gain after WW, pregnancy or other reasons? 3 free months sounds good, you could do that and then quit and follow it on your own. That's what I'm doing. I find that this site motivates me more than WW meetings did.
Diana
Old 03-02-2004, 07:23 PM   #135  

I will probably try WW. I gained the weight during pg when I went on bed rest. I also learned that I am insulin resistant, and the Dr. warned me off a sugar and white carbs. So I am thinking of trying the South Beach Diet - but I am not sure I could maintain that lifestyle. But WW is not really tailored to address pre-diabetes. So, you see my dilemma....