Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 10:11 PM   #121  

Hey guys! I am trusting that Summer is having a relaxing time at Myrtle Beach right now. It just would of been nice to have heard from her before she left. She may not have been able to if they didn't have any power.

My Dad returned home yesterday from checking out any damage done to his place and it all looked great. So, again the ocean front property has survived.

Daphne, I am glad your migraine is over with and that Megan is doing well. I can understand how you gained with the stress and just being home-bound for the week. It will get better.

Kris, are you away again this weekend? Hope all is going well.

Glen, sorry about the gain and I'm keeping my fingers that next weekend will show a loss.

Dana, what a hoot imagining you on that trampoline! I don't think I could do that. Too chicken

Rosey, I'm going to have to ask for the zero point soup recipe from you. I seem to have lost it and it is getting to be soup weather soon.

Had a good weekend. Except still very fatigued. I on purpose did not take my new medication yesterday and today was much more alert for teaching my class this morning. I know now that it's the medicine. I am going to try and take it maybe every other day. I have to be alert this Friday when I'm the one driving to Atlanta for the conference. I wish one of my other sisters would drive. Progress reports come out this week. I know that Elena's first one is not going to be a pretty sight but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Well, going to call it a day. Take care and I'll write more tomorrow.

Goodnight!

Old 09-22-2003, 08:36 AM   #122  

hey guys I am here. Just busy and not feeling great. I have allergies and the fall and spring tend to be the worst times for me. Ragweed and hayfever in the fall and cottonwood, pollen, and hayfever in the spring. I am taking Claritin, so that should help.

Busy week on tap here at work What is going on with all of you this week? Just a poll....

If my husband was going to stay home and take care of our kids (hypotheically, mind you...) and you all were working-outside-of-the-home women, would you let my husband watch your children, too?
Old 09-22-2003, 07:33 PM   #123  

Default from rosey

Hi everyone..sorry im posting so late..had to stay off the puter to keep the phone line open..dh had drs apt today with reg dr..got his meds and thyroid checked and more papers filled out..its beautiful here today..all fall colors and sun shining..hope you all are having a good day and sticking to your diet plan..im doing ok will check in later..rosey
Old 09-22-2003, 08:49 PM   #124  

Hi guys. Just a quick short post here. Rosey enjoy that sun. We've had torrential rain today. I bet 2 to 3 inches already. We've been under a flood warning. Did you tell us about bingo? I'm too lazy to go back a page to refresh my memory. I have got a few more stamps from ebay. I'm excited to work on some christmas cards soon with some new stamps I got. I have a couple stamps that I"m not sure how to color. I'm going to send you some embossed to see what you would do.

Summer I miss you terribly and don't remember when you're coming back but hope you're having a bash!

Kris to answer your poll, I don't know your DH so he probably wouldn't keep my kids and I WOULD NOT allow my DH to keep someone's kids but however if I did know your DH and new how he was with children then certainly I would leave my children with him. Is he considering being a Mr. Mom in the future? My brother in law did that for a while due to being laid off from work and my daughter's vision teacher's DH did as well last year.

Donna I"m glad your dad's beach house didn't suffer any damage. Did yall lose a house during Hugo? Did yall have all of this heavy rain we've had? I love to hear it and the coolness of the weather makes me wanna be lazy.

Hi sherry and glen. Hope you guys are doing well on this monday that's nearly over.

I'm sorry if I missed anyone. It's not intentional. I have to run give laken a bath and take one myself in less than 13 minutes to watch tv at 9. Our washer tore up lastnight. It's sitting in our back yard. It's 10 years old so it was due I guess. We will do without for a few days and I can wash up at my moms and dry down here. Well at any rate, hope you all have a super night and see ya on terrific tuesday! BTW, I'm finally getting my hair cut on thursday and it's long over due as well.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:04 PM   #125  

Default from rosey

Morning everyone..another beautiful fall day here..i was up early and had coffee out on the deck..it was chilly enough for a sweater but i so enjoy those few quiet moments for myself..by the way i was not a winner at bingo sunday nite.. got close several times..but we sit in a no smoking glassed in room and every one in there is a character(hmmmm that couldnt be me im describing)we have such a good time and laugh alot..today i plan to get that back bedroom cleaned out..i have been procrastinating..i wish it would just clean itself ..so how are all of you today..have been thinking of summer and jim and hope they are having a great time..dana will be glad to look at your cards and help..donna..hope your medication is helping and not making you so sleepy..ill bet elana did better on her evaluation than you thought..kris are your allergies any better..not sure what you are asking about your dh and kids..does that mean he wants to be a mr mom??glen..mr ken.. and sheree..hello to you too..and daphnee HAPPY BIRTHDAY..it is your big day today isnt it?? ..hope meagan and you are better..and that you have agreat day..well the back room is haunting me so had better get at it.. will check in later..have a great day everyone and stay on your diet plan..no excuses and that goes double for me.. sofar ive been doing great..rosey
Old 09-23-2003, 07:42 PM   #126  

Rosey I will get those stamp picture mailed to you hopefully tomorrow so you can show me what you would do and I'll send you some extras if you want to use them as well.

Today Brett was bit by my little dog and we had to take him to the ER for a couple hours just to get antibiotics. They want to be sure it doesn't get infected and said it still can and have to have a stronger med. I took him to the ER cause it looked bad. It was on his nose and upper lip and it wouldn't stop bleeding to tell how bad it was. It looked like the cut on the nose was all the way through. He was bleeding on the inside of his nose as well so i couldn't tell. He's on medicaid now so we don't pay the bill and better be safe than sorry with his diabetes.

Well hate to cut it short but going to the ER has put a damper in my evening and I"m behind to say the least. Hi to everyone and hope you're having a better evening than i am.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:05 PM   #127  

First of all to Daphne!!!

Kris, as for your question. I would have to know the man really good before I left my child with him during the time I was at work. Jim and I both don't believe that boys should even baby sit. I had a friend who sexually molested a friend of their daughters and it devastated the family of course. They had no idea of what kind of man he was. He ended up comitting suicide he couldn't live with himself. I'm not saying your dh is that kind of person. He probably isn't but I just find it a little uncomfortable unless like I said I knew him very, very well.

Rosey, your weather this morning sounded wonderful! We had a pretty day also but it still gets a little warm later on in the day. It poured on us really hard last night. Oh, BTW Elena did not even pass her math exam last week. The medicine is getting better since I now just take it every other day. It was driving me crazy I was just so exhausted all the time.

Dana, sorry that your dog bit Brett. How horrible! Why did your dog bite him? I hope he is ok. What a way to end the day. I hope you were able to slip into a hot relaxing bubble bath. I myself am trying to stay out of Elena's way as she is STILL doing her homework. It's unbelievable how much time she drags all this out. It took her two hours to do her math earlier. (it was only one page simple adding) And now we are on English. The teacher has loaded her up on that and I have the timer on to help her stay focused but it doesn't help. I'm doomed.

Sheree, Glen, Summer and the birthday girl Daphne I hope you all have a great evening..

P.S. Summer, I hope you are having a blast!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 08:11 PM   #128  
Just girl striving 4 thin

Hey everyone..Happy birthday Daphne..
I am sorry Dana about your son being bit...why did your dog do that?? How does it look now that the blood is gone..
Kris I would let me hubby take care of the kids..though he would have to have things organized for the kids to do during the day so he was not just sitting idol with them...like gymnastics or some sports. Sorry for your allergies...bless your heart
Rosey we are having the same weather as you are...getting cold in the am and then the sun comes out during the day and it is beautiful but chilly..
Glen you will loose this week..
Summer hope you are having a good vacation..
Donna how ya doing? I understand that medicine makes you loopy or tired huh?? What do you teach? I must have forgotten.
Well off to gymnastics today..
Oh yeah we traded our truck in yesterday and got a HOnda Pilot..
It was our 14 year anniv. this past weekend.
chat soon....
Old 09-23-2003, 08:42 PM   #129  

Great to hear from you 2. The dog bit brett because of 3 times in a row of taunting her. The first time she raised her lip and did her "monkey teeth" thing. (that's what dh calls it) and the second she growled and the 3rd. well you know how the story ends. It's just a little more than a scratch. She's never bit anyone like that before and she's 5 years old. The ER is suppose to notify animal control tomorrow cause it's their procedure. I know everyone says this but my dog truly is the sweetest thing and anyone that's been here knows how the boys can bother her to the point of growling. She can't talk and can only do physical things. I'm not condoning what she did and if she progresses into behavior like that, as bad as it will hurt me cause she's like a child to me, I would have to give her away.

Is a Pilot like a SUV sheree? We're going to have a cool night tonight. Low 50's is what I've heard.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:49 PM   #130  
stbakd

welcome bacck sherree and h.a. # 14.
summer hope you had greaat mb holidday. brettt get well soon
glen
Old 09-24-2003, 08:34 AM   #131  

Just a quick note.............

I lost another 1.5 pounds!!!!! I am less than a pound away from my 10% goal!!!!

TTFN!
Old 09-24-2003, 08:50 AM   #132  

yea Donna! I am going to see the dr. on Friday...a big step for me. I hate drs. actually, it isn't the dr that is the issue. it is the blasted scale! I have been at a plateau with my WW for about four weeks now. I am going to see if the "Wendie" plan will help. Class is busy and work is crazy. Glad to hear from all and hope you are doing well.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:52 PM   #133  
stbakd

to donna hello to all the barbie dolls. happy birthday daphnee.
glen

Last edited by hefty1; 09-24-2003 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:16 PM   #134  

Default from rosey

Morning everyone.. way to go Donna..you are doing awesome and im so proud and happy for you ..keep it going..hello to everyone else...another pretty day here the dh is at pt today so im enjoying the alone time.. actually im procrastinating.. i hate to clean that back room and im almost done..but cant seem to make me get at it today i will check in later to see how you all are..hope you have agreat day.. rosey
Old 09-24-2003, 05:25 PM   #135  
Just girl striving 4 thin

I totally understand about the dog...Our Spinger is the same way I tell the kids to leave her alone...lBUt if they keep on I tell them I hope that dog bites you because then you will learn to leave her alone..bless her heart...she puts up with a lot and will even look at me like HELP!!! Then I will have to step in if I am around...she knows better though and will stay by me so I can see what is going on..
Great for you Donna..10% is a wonderful goal to hit...Great job on WW!!!
Kris the Wendy plan works for some and you can do the FLex points just use your flex points at the beginning of the week and then ease off to your limited daily points to the last part of the week..that is what the wendy plan is I think!! Please correct me I am wrong guys... I do that ever so often to kick start the metabolism...
You poor thing Rosey..is there going to be any hobby your hubby can do when he is home or is everything he likes to do too hard???
I will add the pilot to my post here...better run...glad I popped in to see how things are...
Summer gone for awhile??
chat soon
Closed Thread