Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 10:50 AM   #151  

Summer!!! So glad to come home and see your post that you did go to MB and it was what I expected that you had no power before you left. What a nightmare that must of been. I can't imagine getting ready to leave for vacation and having to clean out your fridge and all before you leave because the power was out. I'm so very sorry that it happened but so glad you were able to go and get the much rest you and Jim needed. One night last week the power kept going off and got right back on soon after. This happened about 7 times but although it was aggravating to have to reset the microwave clock and restart the computer and have it check for errors because of improper shut down I would rather have that then what you went through.

Well, in case you all were wondering how I did driving into Atlanta with my three sisters and all it went good. We found the hotel right off with those directions I found Thursday night it was only 2 turns once I got off of I-85. The reservations were there and we could walk to the Phillips Arena from the hotel so I parked the car and didn't get back in it till Saturday when the even was over. There were over 20,000 women there! It was unbelievable and CeCe Winans, Beth Moore and Travis Cottrell and the Praise Team was fabulous. I have come back a changed woman. And I don't feel I gained any weight either because even though the arena was close we still had to walk a few blocks. There were security everywhere and with the crowd of people walking together there was no fear of anything to happen to us. I am so glad I went and arrived home late Saturday night after shopping in Commerce Georgia at the outlets and then grabbed dinner with my sisters when we got home. Unfortunately, even though the room was perfect, the bed was so very comfortable I didn't sleep a wink being so tired from driving too I ended up with a migraine yesterday at church and had to have Jim to take me home. I feel much better today and got a much better night's rest last night than I have in weeks. In case you wondered, the other mom was to teach the sunday school class yesterday so I could go home.
Well, got to catch up on my laundry. I already did my bible study for Wed. morning and caught up on my email.
I hope everyone has a wonderful, OP day! (it's quite chilly here this morning!)

Donna
Old 09-29-2003, 11:32 AM   #152  

Hello Everyone... Well its a little chilly today..I am making Chili cause its a great day for it..I am so happy that we have electric..I hope that doesnt happen again.. I had to go to the store yesterday and try to restock the fridge..That was a task..
Today I am doing laundry and "Blessings"..Thats much needed..
I just want to say Hi to all of you..and now get into my diet and exercise thing..Later today we are walking..We did alot of walking at the beach..well as much as we could..we are so out of shape....but it was wonderful just being there..

Donna...Thank-you for saying that Donna..it was a ordeal..but we left it here and had a great time at the beach..I felt so bad for our neighbors but they all said it wasnt to bad cause alot of them left too and the ones that didnt go out of town stayed with others untill the electric returned 4days later....it was bad..
I am so happy you had a wonderful time and no probs finding the place..You sound so full of inspiration you are glowing..I can feel it..really..its wonderful....
Later today I am gonna try to post some pictures..I hope it works....I know that you are busy today like me too..I sure hope that you electric stays on too..It was a nightmare here when it was out.. ..
I dont want that to happen to anyone..It was awful..
We had a wonderful time at the beach my favorite place..I cant wait to live there...Then I will be closer to you all...
Well I have to run so much to do..Womans work is never done
Have a great day..

I hope all of you have a wonderful day..
Lots of Love to you ALL..

Last edited by summer1; 09-29-2003 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:49 AM   #153  

Just a quick note tooo

Dana...What happened to Brett?? Is he alright..I sure hope so..Thank you for the welcome back..Hope you day is good.

Glen..Thank you for the welcome back.. Your trip to Cuba sounds really great..I am sure you will have a great time in the in Cuba.. Have a great day..

Sheree..Your car is really nice..You look really good too..Hope all is well with you and yours..

Rosey.. I hope that all is well with you too..I know that before I left you were worried.. I hope that things are better.. Still have your hand..dont forget that.Yes I always spend more at the store with Jim being home..Its a man thing ..Have a great day

Kris...I dont know why your are going to the Drs. but I wanted you to know I wish you all the best..Have agreat day

Daphne..I hope that you had a wonderful If I didnt tell you that before I left please except these Belated Birthday wishes..
..Happy Belated Birthday Daphne..
Have a great day

Last edited by summer1; 09-29-2003 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-29-2003, 12:33 PM   #154  

Default from rosey

Morning everyone..Just a quick post as im going with the dh to his pt in a few..welcome home summer and hello to all..to all inquring minds i did get that room cleaned and the hallway and the hallway closet..what a releif and what ajob ughhhhhh..also went to bingo last nite and i won $900 dollars whooooohooooooo was that fun..am still on cloud nine and have adrenalin running in my veins..hope you all have agreat day..will check in later rosey
Old 09-29-2003, 05:37 PM   #155  

Rosey are you kidding?? $900??? Oh my what a win!! Congrats. That would buy my christmas for the year. Have you started yet? I know why you're going with DH today. You're going shopping. Hope all is well with everyone. I am still doing around here and want to stamp some cards before sun down and that's not but about 1 1/2 hours here lately. Yes donna it certainly was chilly out this morning wasn't it.

Summer I got your pictures and I have been on that pier and to nascar cafe although I haven't eaten there before. The last couple years we didn't go out to boardwalk or barefoot landing. We used to visit both places each summer but we've gotten lazy last couple years and stayed in the campground. I'm not real sure about your hotel although it looks familiar. Glad you're back and power on at any rate.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:21 PM   #156  

Default from alaska

Hi everyone..yes dana i really did win 900$'s and it was so fun..but i have not spent any of it yet..i have plans tho..next week we are going to anch for a drs apt.. so wallmart here i come.. actually im being conservative and trying not to spend to much as we are not sure how long all this paper work will take and his last check from his job will be the end of oct..but for sure some will be used for xmas..and boy was it nice to get all that cleaning done..today i had to put up all my card stuff so we could use the dining rm table..now i have laundry bedding and general dusting etc and then will be ready for the other grandkids and dd and sil and his sister(visiting from minnesota)i havent seen them since the beginning of may..ive sure missed them..summer its so good to have you back..and the pictures where great.. and you looked beautiful and so relaxed my friend..glad you had agreat time and the eating.. well thats part of vacation and now that your back you will get in the swing of it..glen sorry you didnt weigh in..ill bet you had aloss tho mr ken..donna am glad you got so much inspiration from your trip and found the traveling not to stressful..kris hope you are ok.. are you on a trip again and did the dr give you good health report..daphnee.. havent heard from you in awhile hope you are ok..hugs for you and am thinking about you..sheree..you busy women..think of you too..well the dh is fixing me dinner that doent happen to often around here but hes bored and it keeps him busy he had gone down to the neighbors a few days ago and was talking about me..the reason i know is my girlfriend karen stopped to visit and was told what he said and she being my bestest friend told me..it was sweet and loving the words my dh said about me and really touched my soul as hes not a demonstrative person ..my gosh i guess ill keep him will check in later rosey
Old 09-29-2003, 09:53 PM   #157  

Hello Everyone... I got the chili made and alot of laundry done.. All that laundry will take a few more days to complete..I dont have enough space to hang all the clothes I dont put in the dryer..and then there is towels and sheets and so forth to do yet... I got some of the house blessed. Been on the pooter trying to get it straight and on the phone with the tech support from Verizon..we got MSN 8 free with DSL but the CD would not load right so on the phone with them and that takes forever....More to do tomorrow..Its got real chilly out tonight..the weather is changing..Burr..

Rosey.. I am so happy that you won big at Bingo.WAY TO GO....as I know that will help out so much..That was so nice to hear that Steve is being such a good husband..You both have been through so much and its been hard I know.. Have fun a Walmart.. I love it there..They have everything anyone could need.. Well I think so anyway....I am sure you will have fun with all of your company coming to vist..Yes I was so relaxed at the beach and Jim really needed that and he got some rest too..We both needed that..It was alot of fun.I am glad you liked the pictures...Now I am on the straight and narrow..All I have to do it look at that picture of me to give me inspriration..I looked awful..Thats not being vain its I feel bad to carring all this extra weight..
I started my diet today...and walking too..so I will need all your support and you always have mine..Have a great evening

Dana.. I am glad that you liked the pictures too.. I figured you had been to the Nascar Cafe.and the Pier. I told Jim that..Did you ever go to the Flea Market by the Water slide place???? I like that Flea Market..Alot of great things there...I wish they were open durring the week..but its only weekends..Sounds like you are doing real good with your cards.. I knew that they would sell cause they are beautiful. You and Rosey are so good at that..Hope you got alot down before sundown.. that sounds funny to say....I am so happy to have power I cant tell you..You never know how bad it si untill that happens.. I pray that never again..Have a great evening

Donna..I know that you are at a meeting..I loved talking to you for a few minutes before you had to go to your meetings tonight.. I hope all went well.. Have a great evening

Daphne..I hope that things are good with you and yours.. Please let us all know how you and Megan are doing..We all miss you..Have a great evening

Kris.. I hope that all is well with you too..Will you be in town now or another trip in store???Have a great evening

Glen..I know that you will be right back on track with your diet..Mr Ken..You can do it..I know you can...This Barbie want-to-be..thinks so and thats a real stretch me being a Barbie ....Have a great evening

Sheree..I am sure you have been busy with school and the house..again your car is really nice and you look great..Have a great evening

I hope that eveyone has a great evening..and that I have not forgot anybody..I am tired and gonna go to bed early tonight..its been along day to...God Bless you all..

Last edited by summer1; 09-29-2003 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:23 AM   #158  

hey guys. I am in town for a while. Dr. put me on some new meds, so I'm having to adjust. Will write more later.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:31 PM   #159  

Default from rosey

Morning everyone..its raining buckets this am..have had trouble sleeping the last few days..i guess its cuz im a worry wart..but feel really dragged out..have to go to the groc to get supplies for the company..and munchies for the grandkids..have got every thing done that i wanted too..the house looks nice..i had let things slide alot while nursing the dh..kris am glad to here from you..hope everythings ok with you..hello to all and will check in later..rosey
Old 09-30-2003, 08:28 PM   #160  

Hello Everyone.. Its been a long day..Still doing laundry and "Blessing"..that never ends.. Jim goes for a check-up tomorrow with PC Dr.He still has the whole... but it is closing at last..Maybe another few weeks and it will be all closed for good..
It was real chilly here this am and this afternoon it was nice. we took our walk and then it got chilly again this evening..
We had chili for dinner..It was a good night for it..Grapes for snack and we had tunafish for lunch..So I guess all in all we did pretty good diet wise today..I am really trying to stick to the diet this time..I need to get back in shape..It was so hard trying to walk at the beach..but we knew that we were out of shape so thats why we are trying to do this and feel better..Plus Jim's doctor told us that he need to lose weight and exercise to get better and so do I..

Rosey..I am sorry that its raining there...I know that when my house is clean I feel better too..I know that you are looking forward to your company coming..Yes worring can really make you tired. I know how you feel..Try to get plenty of rest... I know how hard it is to sleep at times when things are worring you...but I know you can do it...I am holding your hand and it will get better Rosey I know it...Have fun with your family and do something you love to do...Have a great evening

Kris...Glad to hear that you are in town..Hope that your new meds work for you..Let us all know how you are doing..Have a great everning

Where is everyone???? I hope that the rest of you are alright..
I am sending out the to look for all of you..
I hope that they find you as I Miss You All..

Last edited by summer1; 09-30-2003 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:10 PM   #161  
stbakd

hi to all the barbies.
summer: glad to hear you had great time and jim doing better. we can try to become a close resemblence to barrbie and ken
rosey way to go a bingo.
off to bed 4:00 am comes early glen
Old 10-01-2003, 08:02 AM   #162  

Default Congratulations to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made my 10% goal and then some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lost 2.5 pounds and now I'm focusing on my goal!

This is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2003, 09:06 AM   #163  

WAHOOOOOOO Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2003, 03:03 PM   #164  

Hello Everyone....I've been busy all morning with pooter probs..again.. I hope they are all solved now..
Jim has a appointment at 4:00 for PC doctor..so I have to hurry and ge things done to go..

Donna.. WAY TO GO!!!!!!! ON YOUR 2.5 POUNDS LOSS........... YOU ARE AWSOME!!!!!!!
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOR YOU

..I am so proud of you..I can only hope that I will do as good....I am gonna weigh myself today at the doctors so I will know the truth..and I am NOT looking forward to that..but I need to know so I can be happy about my losses..
Again Donna let me say.... WAY TO GO GIRLFRIEND...AND..........YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... .

Glen (Mr Ken)..Thanks for the welcome home...Yes we can try to be Barbies..but if I get to be the old "Me" I will feel like Babrbie..
Wow Glen you have to get up early..I hope you got some rest..
Have a great day

I hope that everyone is having a great day..Hope to get back in here later. Where is everyone else today.......I miss you all....

Last edited by summer1; 10-01-2003 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:14 PM   #165  

Default from rosey

Hi everyone..another cloudy day here but no rain..donna that is so awesome ..wtg on your loss its exciting isnt it..i am sooooooooo happy for you..summer hope jims apt goes well..and i too need to weigh so i know where im at ive been good but i could be better..dana i got the card stuff and will play around with it after my company leaves..looks very interesting..hello to mr ken.. and kris hope youre feeling better..went to town again today didnt plan on it but noticed they had case lot vegies on sale and wanted to get some and the dh didnt want to do it an so i went with to his pt and then to the store..what do you pay for a can of vegies like corn or beans or peas ??? not on sale we pay anywhere form 89cents a can to more than a dollar..so when they had a 24 can case for 10.99 that figured out to about 46 cents a can..we usually shop like that up here.. stock the pantry sort of speaking so i bought a case of each plus tomatoes..canned fruit and muchrooms too..its a good feeling sorta like having a big garden all put up without the work and our friends gave us a 1/4 of a moose so were set for winter..and by the way all the trees look with no leaves that could be soon am so excited to see everyone tomorrow..will try and check in on you all but if you dont here from me im hugging my grandkids have a great wekend..rosey
Closed Thread