Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 05:00 PM   #181  

Default from rosey

Hi everyone..finally have a moment to post..what a crazy weekend..it rained so we were all inside..but the kids being kids were in and out and 5 dogs in and out..wheeeeeeeee..it was lots of fun..and the gr kids have grown alot..and the new steps are great.. they made them just for my short little legs..nice and easy to get up and down..am so blessed with a great family..by the way i played bingo sat nite so we could all go(us girls) and i won 100$ whoohoo)..we have errands to run today..grocery to buy(the grandkids cleaned me out )..and lots more insurance paper work to track down ..and wed we go to anch for anotherdr apt.. steve is no better..ill bet he ends up having to have a back fusion..daphnee am sorry you are having such a rough time.. remember we care about you..and hugs for you.. the card stuff ive collected from all over and danas given good advice..about where to get stuff..summer..hope you and jim are feeling better and getting that much needed knowledge..its something you can live with..but know its scary..and understand its another hurdle for jim..we are here for you..the garage sale went well..bet your glad to get rid of that stuff..glen..mr ken.. am sorry for your gain..you will do it this week tho i know..dana..havent had time to work on your card stuff but will get to it this week i promise..donna..i love fall too..all our leaves are gone now.. but its tradition with us too to go for a drive to see all the fall glory..congrats on your anniversary..sounds likea fun wat to spend it..kris..glad to here from you..am curious bout whats up with you but like donna dont want to be to nosey.. am here for you if im needed..sheree.. busy girl..hello to you too..well am going shopping for a new vacume..theyre on sale at freddys and i have a 10% off coupon too.. am spending some of my winnings..trying to hang on to as much as i can as the paper work for dd disabiliyt isnt finalized yet..they sure want to know alot about a person right down to your underwear size any ways will check in later..rosey
Old 10-07-2003, 05:33 PM   #182  

Default from rosey

Hi everyone..where is everyone ?? am sending the guys to looks for you ..hope your all ok.. will check in later..rosey
Old 10-07-2003, 05:37 PM   #183  

Hello Everyone..its another beautiful day here..They were predicting rain today..but now its not a cloud in the sky and its really like a spring day..Wonderful..I am doing laundry as the water will be off tomorrow due to another leak somewhere in my building.. I will beone happy camper when all the leaks are fixed one day.. ..I am making Zuppa Toscana soup..I have tweaked the recipe for a healthier version..So I hope its good..and I added somethings that are not in the original recipe like squash and carrots...so we shall see..I hopeit turns out.

Daphne.. I am sorry that you have been so stressed..I am pryaing that things get better for you.. Its good to have something you like to do..like stamping.. I am not sure if I saod that right..but I you know what I mean..Its really hard when money is a issue....to do things like WW..I am sure that yo can follow it without meetings and all.. There is a low fat and less calorie version of Latte's on the net. I will try to find it for you..as I know how much you love them.. Take Care my Sweet friend and Lots of Love To You Too.....Have a great day... ...

Glen.. ( Mr. Ken ) I am sorry about you gain but I know that you will lose it..I knew that Latte's had alot of Calorie but Idea it was that much ..Thats alot..Have a great day.

Kris.. I hope that things slow down for you soon...If you nned a shoulder there are lots of them here Take Care and have a great day..

Dana.. I thought I did ok at the yard sale.. You will have to have one and sell some of you stuff.. I bet you are doing great on ebay..There is a lady here that sells Purses on ebay..Like Agner and other designers.....she lives here where I do.and she was in the yard sale. She told me that she did good on ebay..Maybe you have seen her stuff??I hope that you get your steps soon.. I want new bathroom..but it has to wait for now.. I mean new tile and tub and floor..When we had the leak we just put some cheaper tiles down.. I would love to re-do it..but not now..
I am sure you are enjoying you new washer..I hope that mine lasts awhile longer..I use it almost every day..Sounds like your cards and things are selling good..I knew it would..I was thinking about putting Jim's Nascar stuffon ebay but I hear its alot of work and I dont have a digital camera to take pictures of the cars with..
So I will look for a convention where people come around here and sell..We went to one years ago at Ocean City Md..it was for Nascar collectables..so maybe I can find another on the web..
Have a great day

Donna... CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING ANIVERSARY THIS WEEKEND...MANY MORE TO BOTH OF YOU..THIS WEEKEND AND FOREVER.
I had a real good time with all the people Saturday..It was really good seeing them.I had missed all the and events going on this past summer at the pool..Donna I will be saying lots of prayers for Alan..If he lives around here..He will get the best of care at our hospital..not saying htat other places dont take good care of people..I can only speak of here..
They have a special wing built on for all Cardiac patients..There are a team of Doctors here.... Surgens.... they are some of the best in the US.. God Bless him and his family as he goes through all of this..I know how worried all the family can be..Been there...God Bless you all..I am sending to watch over him..
I didnt watch the baseball game Jim did and he was happy that the cubs won one..Have a great day

Rosey.. Sounds like you are enjpying your Grand-babies and familuy..How wonderful for you.. I am so glad you got your stepd done and that they are built to help you.. I am sorry to hear that Steve is not nay better....It been so hard on both of you.. I am praying for his recovery everyday...I guess you will know more after the Dr.s appointment Wednseday..Hang in there Sweetie..I am holding your hand now and always...Way TO GO on winning at Bingo..WOW 100.bucks..I would if I ever won like that at anything ..Thank-you for all the incouragement about his Diabetes..We are getting it together..We will make it..Thanks for the offer to help..I may have to take you up on that one day soon..It can be over-welming learing all this stuff about Diabetes..but I have to thats for sure..I hope that you get to take your trip to watch the leaves soon..as it sounds like a great trip..Have a great day

Sheree..I hope that things are good with you and you post soon..We all miss you in here..
Old 10-08-2003, 01:19 PM   #184  

Quick post but will be back later.

Just wanted you all to know I gained this week. I was afraid of that. I gained 1 1/2 pounds.

I will lose it next week.... I'm sure it's because of water retention and adjusting to my new target point.

TTFN
Old 10-08-2003, 07:46 PM   #185  

Guys-

Will be ready to tell you all about my life tomorrow, hopefully.. Until then....Have a great night
Old 10-09-2003, 05:19 PM   #186  

Now, let me see... I brushed my teeth this morning, put on deoderant... even had a bath so it can't be that I just smell that is keeping everyone away.

Kris, I am thinking of you and hoping all is well.

Rosey, I guess you are in Anchorage? I thought your dh had an appt this week, right? I hope all is going well with that.

Summer, now let me see..... nope no posts from my Summer yesterday.

Dana I have a friend who is heavy into stamping now. Have you sold any more on ebay?

Daphne, I miss you girl! I haven't heard from you or talked to you on AIM messenger in weeks!!!!

Glen, how is your week going for you? I mean excuse me... MR. KEN! LOL

Sheree, I guess you are moved in now. LOL

My cousin had to have 6 pints of blood the first of the week because his platletts were low. But he had his double by-pass yesterday and is doing well. So, thank you all so much for your prayers for Alan. He lives in Richmond, VA.

Leaving tomorrow afternoon for the beach and it's forcasting It's been very dreary here for the last few days. At least it isn't freezing cold!

Well, friends I'll talk to you all later. I need to make dinner now.

Old 10-09-2003, 05:34 PM   #187  

Exclamation An Update

Well guys, here it is the pic you have all been waiting for....

I went to the Dr. 2 weeks ago and all was OK. He is not happy with my thyroid-it is very sluggish. He prescribed some new allergy medicine, and something for the headaches I have been having. Then he talked to me about my weight. He is VERY unhappy with it He told me that I need to get 35 pounds off ASAP and then he would like me to lose 25-30 more after that. all I have to say about that is Duh!

To help me he actually prescribed me some Zyban, in conjunction with Weight Watchers (which I was already doing) and some heavy exercise. I think I am going to join the local gym next week. So there is the wrap up from the Dr. On a positive note, I got my labs back yesterday and I am fine! Very healthy otherwise.

That leads me to the other interesting development...Brad, my DH, got a new job! (sorry, had to have a little party)

We have been praying for this for quite a while. The only draw back is that he will have to move to the Fairhope area. For those that don't know, that is near his family, which I have had lots of issues with in the past. Unfortunately, I will have to stay here since my job is so good right now that I wouldn't want to leave it unless I had something equal or better to go to. So Dh will live and work down there Sun night through Fri. afternoon and then he will come home for the weekend. This will be a major adjustment for us! He also has brought up the baby thing again. I am more ready to listen this time since I know we could actually afford one.

So, thank you all for being so patient as we have been going through this. It has been a challenge!

Love,
Kris
Old 10-09-2003, 07:33 PM   #188  

Hello Everyone... I am sorry that I have not been on here.. I have been sick for a couple days....Went to the Dr.. today and I have Bronchitis..Iam feeling pretty bad..I just wanted to say that I wont be on here for awhile cause I feel so bad.. I am on meds and I hope to feel better in a couple days...I need to go back to bed.. Jim has been so good playing Nursie..He worries to much though..I tried to tell him I will be fine..but he still worries..I am coughing less after the Dr..gave me some sort of shot and and I got 3 Rx filled..so its off to bed with me..
Hope all of you have a great week and weekend coming up.. I will talk to each of you when I feel better..God Bless and Take Care..Much Love to ALL of you..
Old 10-09-2003, 11:35 PM   #189  

Kris, I'm glad you went to the doctor. You would not have known about your thyroid gland. I know that this will all work out for the best and congratulations on dh getting that job you both wanted him to get. I just hate you two have to live apart for a while but that may be a blessing in disguise. You are a very wise and special lady my friend!

Summer I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. I am sorry all has caught up with you now you HAVE TO rest. I always miss you when you don't post and feel something is up when you don't. Because you are so faithful to post or try to post every day.

At least two of my friends posted today. Where is everyone else? You are going to miss bidding me farewell! LOL LOL I will talk to you all on Sunday night. Have a good weekend everyone!

Donna
Old 10-10-2003, 12:27 AM   #190  

Default from rosey

Hi everyone..im back and its nice that yall missed me..yes we were in anch..and my dh is very disppointed..they want him to wait another 4 weeks and then if theres no improvement they will schedule another mri and an appt with a surgeon to discuss a back fusion hes impatient and after being in so much pain cant say as i blame him but we have to trust the dr..as thats what we are paying him for his expertise..anyways we stayed overnite at the dd's and came back today..it was along trip up and back with many stops so dh could walk the kinks out..we did shop at wallmart..and i stocked up on house hold stuff..that i cant get here since k-mart closed and we headed home..im tired as usuall..but glad to be home..summer am sorry you are sick..if i was close id make you some chix soup and do your house work for you..am glad jims taking care of you..kris am glad the dr didnt find any thing seriuos..do you ahve to take thyroid meds??am happy that your dh has a new job..hope the commuting works well for you both..donna.have agreat time this weekend and happy anniversary..dana..will get to the card stuff this week..i need to finish my card order..having the dh home all the time is distracting...i saw some of your cards in e-bay and they looked great..glen mr ken..what are your plans for the weekend??daphnee we miss you hope everythings ok..well ladies and the gent im pooped and will check in on you all tomorrow..just wanted to see what you all been up to and let you know im home..rosey
Old 10-10-2003, 10:15 PM   #191  

Rosey are they delaying a decision on your Dh cause they think it may actually improve in 4 more weeks? I don't know what dr's are thinking when they make people just endure pain for weeks on end. my dad has been in the same situation for years now. He's undergone so many surgeries that i"ve lost count, has epidurals on a regular basis and if you ask me, he's addicted to pain pills. He's suppose to have that electrical thing put in the end of this month but it was suppose to have originally been done this past monday. It sends shocks to his pinched nerve. the temporary one he had was heavenly and now he will have one put in under his skin. I've worked on cards nearly all day today. It's been nice to not have to pick the kids up. They were out of school until wednesday.

Donna I had read your last post before you left but I'm suffering with diarrhea today. I'm the 3rd one to get it and I don't feel so well. I'm pretty good at not messing on myself though so I'd rather it be me than the kids. Laken had it last weekend and dealt with it pretty well.

Summer i"m sorry you feel so rotten. I hope that you recover very quickly. Don't eat up that attention from DH now. I've been watching the race coverage and hoping that Jr. can dig into Kenseth's lead again this week. It's ashame he couldn't have capitalized on it any better last week but I feel like he may have a good finish this week. Today's his birthday! Happy 29th Jr!

Kris I was amazed at your last post. You really told us more about you in that post than you ever have. I feel like I know you more. I don't recall exactly how long you 2 have been married but I will offer my 2 cents worth on a couple things. As for his commuting or lack thereof, you can survive that and it makes you stronger. It makes you long for one another every weekend and appreciate each others company a lot more. I think it's good for a a marriage. I pretty much don't see my DH except for sundays but it's not weeks on end though so I do sympathize with you there. It won't stay that way forever. How far away is it from where you are now? When you graduate school will you relocate or are you where you will work permanently? Now for my 2 cents on the baby thing, if it were me (I will be 2 faced here ) I would be one to have a baby and then lose that weight. I would hate to lose and then gain it all back in pregnancy. I know that Dr's probably recommend it the other way though. Secondly, having a baby especially your first while you only see him on weekends, personally I couldn't do that. You would feel like you were doing everything and in a sense you would be while he missed it all. Of course it's not my life but I for one truly appreciate you sharing more about yourself with us.

I had heard from daphne last week. Her primary problem was her IP and it hanging up on her during posts. Been there, done that, she's on walmart connect and that's what I came from. She was doing well though. She had talked to a mutual friend of ours.

Sheree hope you are well and can post an updated picture soon. Do you have any big thanksgiving plans this year? That's really getting here fast. We're nearly midway through Oct. already.

I bet Glenn will post a big loss this weekend and I predict Rosey will win big Bingo (if she goes).

Well anyway, Laken is getting on the whiny side so I guess she's ready for bed. (mom is too). BTW our high school (my alma mater) beat a team today they haven't beat in 7 years so it's a big conference win for them.

I just like this smiley. This is cute too.

Last edited by lakelog; 10-10-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:40 PM   #192  

Default from rosey

Hi everyone..its been another long day running errands and bill paying grocery shopping and my feet hurt like crazy..and im frustrated as i cant seem to get back doing that card order..its amazing with having the dh home all the time how the day gets away and i dont accomplish what i want dana..we are frustrated with the drs but am trying to trust what they are saying..it hard for dh to be in pain all the time tho..and makes me wonder??summer..hope you are feeling better..and glen hope you have aloss this week..daphnee we miss you.. and kris am glad you opened up more..my dh worked away from home years ago when we first moved here..he worked a 4 and 3 schedule..gone 4 days home 3.now hes home all the time i think i liked the old schedule better it gave me 4 days to do as i pleased and then when he was home we did what he wanted it worked great..then when he changed jobs he was home every nite..hope it works out for you both ..sheree hows it going we miss you too..well ladys and gent its been a long dayand my feet are killing me so will talk to you all tomorrow..rosey
Old 10-11-2003, 12:56 AM   #193  

Hello Everyone.. I am getting better although I will be so glad to not cough for awhile.. I hurt from that..He gave me meds and they do work but I think its the infection working its way out of me..but I will be fine..I am better and thats a good thing

Donna.. I hope that you have a great time on your anniversary weekend..I cant wait to hear all about it..and Thank-you so much for the get well card.. I so appreciated it..Have fun...with your friends too....Thank-you for all the get well wishes too. I really appreciate all of them... I am still praying for Alan.. I am so glad to hear he made it through surgery..I will continue to pray for him..

Rosey.. I am sorry to hear about Steve..I am sorry he is still in pain.. Thats awful.. I sure hope that the Drs. will give him some kind of good news and help next vist and I hope that maybe surgery wont be necessary.Try to keep the faith..as I know how hard it is to do... I know its hard when our DH's are home all the time..as we all need some space and so do they..I hope it all gets better real soon.. Thank-you so much for all of your get well wishes.That was so sweet for you to say that you would make me some chicken soup and clean my house too..what a great sweet friend you are.. I bet your chicken soup is wonderful..and I would love it..My house could use a cleaning righ now.. I am not looking forward to doing it.. I hate things to get backed up but nothing I can do about that now.. I hope that you win Big at bingo Sunday.YAYAYAYA...I hope that you can work on your cards soon as I know how much you love that..

Dana.. I am sorry to hear that you are not well either.. I hope that you are better real soon.. Thanks for all the get well wishes.I apprecaited them....Jim is taking real good care of me.....Bless his heart..he worries tooo much .....Yes I hope that Jr wins this week too.. I didnt know it was Dale Jr BD..Time goes by so fast..Sounds like you are really getting alot of cards done. I am sure they will sell fast on Ebay..I hope that your Grandfather gets some relief soon..as I hate to hear about someone in pain all the time..Thats awful..I hope that you feel better real soon..

Kris...I hope that everything works out the way you want it to.. All my best to you..I hope that your new meds make you feel better and I am sure that things will get better for you in everyway..

Daphne.. I am sorry that you cant get in here.. I have had that prob before.. I Miss you and I hope that things are better and that Megan is doing well..

Mr Ken.. I am sure that you will have a loss this week.. I have my for you..

Sheree.. I hope that you will post soon and let us all know about your new house and whats been going on with you

I am sorry if I have missed anything.. I tried to read over everyone's post and tried to answer everyone.. If I have forgotten anything..please forgive me.. I am now gonna go back to bed.. I just wanted to say HI to all of you and let you know I miss talking to you all and that I am here and getting better....
Have a great weekend to ALL of you..

Last edited by summer1; 10-11-2003 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:01 PM   #194  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

I love ya all and have been missing ya all too. I hope this will post this time. I am sorry for all of us that have been sick lately. It seems to be going around here to. I feel like a big stress was taken off me when I decided to stop Weight Watchers. I am starting to lose again even. I don't know what it is about the weigh ins and me having issues with it all. Guess that goes back to my Mom and the issues we have over my past.
I am so sorry to hear about the hubbies and our issues with them. I hope that the sick, disabled, pain in the butt ones get to feeling better or straighten up.
I hope to get back to posting each day again as well. I think I just have to make it a priority for me. I want to start my walking again as well. I need to go to the YMCA and see about geting a family membership there. Megan has a fund that will pay part of it. I could at least then have acess to exercise equipment. In the morning it is all older guys so that wont be too bad. If they have a swim class that would rick for me.
I really want to start stamping. I also signed up to take a bead making class. I bought some glass beads on sale and want to make anklets.
I will post more later today or tomorrow. Love to you all!
Daphnw
Old 10-11-2003, 04:43 PM   #195  

Default from rosey

Hi everyone..finally had a moment to myself..the house was in a sorry state so had to catch up..the dh has promised to vacume for me.. now thats a first im not holding my breath summer am glad you are feeling a little better and jim is there for you..dana hope you are feeling better to..glen mr ken hope you have a great weigh in and have a big loss..daphnee and so glad to here from you..the cards stuff is lots of fun and ive done beading to and love it..i do better loosing if i dont feel pressure to..kris hope your weekends going well and sheree we miss you..well now that i have a moment im going to get the card stuff out and get busy before the lady that placed an order thinks i fell off the face of this earth have fun weekend every one and get healthy..rosey
Closed Thread