Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 10:41 AM   #106  

How could I forget to say congrats to donna for losing that weight that found her last week!! You're SO close to your 10% goal. How exciting!!
Old 09-17-2003, 04:54 PM   #107  

Default from rosey

Hi everyone.. im so releaved about the final decsion..its the not knowing thats the worst..its what we expected and i just spent the morning helping my dh fill out the paper work..they want to know everything about you ..my dh is a bit depressed.. he knew it was coming but his work has been such a big part of his life that he said he wanted to retire but not this way..as he gets stronger and able to get around more he will be happier.. and yes hes in my HAIR .. but were dealing with it..we are just going down a diff road and we will be fine..we are making plans for what we want to do..when hes better.. and number one on my list and dh has agreed is driving to minnesota to visit my mom who is 81 and i have not seen in 3 yrs altho i talk to her several times a week..probably not till spring but its nice to talk about some positive things for a change.. and to make some plans on what the furture will hold..so if i am to go traveling i want to wow my family by being smaller.. so its good incentive for me to get back with the program..ive been good its called the "stress"diet wouldnt recomend it tho..now i can concentrate on what i should be doing..donna wtg on your loss by theway..and thnakyou everyone for your concern about me..your all just the best..will check in later rosey
Old 09-17-2003, 11:23 PM   #108  

Hello Everyone..Please forgive me for not posting earlier.. I have been so busy these last few days..Please let me say again..
A BIG THANK-YOU TO ALL OF YOU..FOR BEING HERE AND HELPING ME THROUGH A LONG HARD JOURNEY..but we made it Thank the Good Lord and now we are going to go and get some much needed time together to relax and just be...We are leaving Saturday really early in the am around 5:00am..I want to be at the motel by 3:00..check in time..
We have been getting our patio ready for all the high winds and rain that is on its way..also..I got a earlier hair appointment for 1:00 pm instead of 3:00....The weather man said the storm will start around 5:00 so I am hoping to be home long before that..
I am praying that Isable does not harm anyone...I just wish she would fizzle out to sea and leave the coast line alone..
I am going to buy a disposible camera and take pictures..I will have them put on a CD so I can show them to all of you when we return..I am so excited..

Rosey..{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}} ..I know that this is not what Steve wanted to hear or you either..No one wants to go out on retirement like this.. I know that its hard to deal with but I know that both of you will adjust..I will always be here for you to vent and hold your hand too.. I think the trip to see your Mom is wonderful..Like you said its such a relief to make good plans for a change.. I know what you mean there...I hope that you both can feel better about all of this real soon.. I am looking forward to getting on the diet plan and exercising when we get back from the beach.... You have done so good Rosey with your WW durring all these stressful times.. I am so impressed..I know that you will continue giving your best..Thank-you so much for all your support and caring and prayers through all of my stressful times and I will always be here to support you also...God Bless you and yours...

Donna...WAY TO GO ON YOUR 2.5 POUNDS LOSS.. I knew that you would do it Yes Donna I have been up a storm..too.. I am really so thankful we got great news.. I cant tell you the relief we both felt..and now its time to go on with other things and get both of us back in shape..I am really going to get with it when we get home..God Bless you for all of your support and caring and prayers through all of this when you had alot going on with you too sweetie... Just know that I will always be here for you too..I am praying that Isabel doesnt do anything in your area. or anyone else's. I heard on the news that maybe just winds and rain.. like here..so we are keeping a watchful eye on all of this.. I hope that your Bible class was good and I can just picture all of this going on with Elena and a lizard too ..Atleast its now a snake.. I could not handle that one

Dana...That was such a sweet thing to say about my talking to each person....thank you..I dont know any other way
I am glad that Brett.s sugar was down.. Did you get a chance to speak to the nurse??I hope that its stays down for him.. I am sure that the Dr. can ajust his meds to help.. like you said..I cant never understand why they had to make it illegal to pray anywhere if you chose to do so.. I wont get into that..cause I can go on and on...I just think its wrong of the government to do that..I am going to call down to MB and see what is going on before we go..I had planned on doing that but that was great advice.. I cant even think about Christmas shopping yet..You are really organized to do that..Way To Go..and really nows the time to find some really good buys for Christmas..I meant to to tell you that I thought it was so cute of Logan looking at the cheerleaders..They grow up so quick..
As far as WW goes.. If you have a check card from your Bank..you can use that to pay for WW on line. I believe they are running a special for 59.00 that covers membership fee and 3 months of WW..After that its 14.00 per month..Check with Donna..and see.. I know that I am going to try to join on line when we get back..or follow a plan of my own...I know what to do its just doing it. I do understand about the money part..it is so hard when money is tight..Like you said..You can do your own thing and follow points too..I will prob do that too..we can do it together..
I want to Thank you for all your kind support...caring and prayers durring all these stressful times..Enjoy the BD party on Friday..Wave:

Kris..Thank you for all your kind caring support and prayers..and the WaHOOOOOOOOO TOOO... It feels so good to be able to say.....WAHOOOOOOOOOO.

Glen.....I mean Ken....Yes please have that beer and Thank-you for all your kind support and prayers..I will have a toast when we get to the beach..I cant wait..also we are higher than ..We will be on that cloud for sometime..cause its wonderful up there

Daphne.. I am keeping Megan in my prayers...How is she doing??? I want you to know that the is still there watching over you all...
God Bless you all...

Sheree.. I am sure that you have been real busy with school and your house.and all.....Please try to let us all know how you are doing..as we all miss you

Kim...I dont know that you will see this..but if you do.. I would hope that you will let us all know how you are...If you are able to...as we are worried about you..

Well I am going to bed now..Alot to do tomorrow.. I hope and pray that Isabel will not harm anyone..I am going to get my hair done and I hope that I can get home before it gets bad..
I hope all of you have a safe day tomorrow..I will keep all of you in my prayers..Good Night and God Bless you all..My Dear Wonderful Friends..

Last edited by summer1; 09-17-2003 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:23 AM   #109  
Just girl striving 4 thin

Default It is me!!!

Wow so much has happened...but doesn't it always when I am away..
I don't have time (as you all know) to post to you indvidually..I just have to Praise GOD for teh cancer free Jim...I will remember to thank God in my prayers tonight for his recovery!!! Amen!

I am busy busy busy...trying to teach..run this family...clean house (what is that) and work out... so unfortunately the computer is on the way back burner....I am sorry and I will try to every once in a while pop..thank you to all of you for haning in there and mentioning me. I love you all and hope things go well with you guys...
Here is an updated photo...
God Bless you
Daphne happy birthday early!!!!
Old 09-18-2003, 12:25 AM   #110  
Just girl striving 4 thin

another picture
Old 09-18-2003, 03:14 PM   #111  

Default from rosey

Morning everyone..wow sheree awsome house pics its sure going up fast..and understand how busy you are..its a pretty day here... sunny..but cool..weve had frost and ice every morning now and all the leaves are turning color..still filling out paper work for dh.. they want to know everything including our underware size.. ..i am trying to get back to normal whatever that is..i have 2 goals this week.. to finnish my card order and to get the back bedrm cleaned out..have been back on ww pts since yesterday..i mean following it to the letter..last nite i was starving so popped some air pop popcorn and drank alot of water..it filled up the empty places but kept me running to the br all nite(is that exercise )..it sure helps to write everything down..hope every ones having a great day talk later rosey
Old 09-18-2003, 10:28 PM   #112  

Sometimes I get so involved in the day I forget I should post an entry! I'm so sorry it's taken me all day to post. Rosey, I can only imagine all the paper work you have to fill out and I am glad that you are planning a trip to see your mother for you have been wanting to go as long as I have known you. You need to do this.

Summer, are you ok with the hurricane? I know NC and Virginia have been hit hard and even though it isn't as strong as it was once feared Isabel still was a strong storm. However, I think MB was spared and you should be able to go to your beloved MB on Saturday with no troubles. I haven't spoken to my Dad so I don't know about his house but I don't expect there was anything like NC got. Although his house is near the NC/SC line.

Sheree, your house is really shaping up fast! I can't believe how far along they have come already. When do you expect completion?

Daphne, how is Megan doing? How are YOU doing??

What a great feeling to put on capri pants I just bought in June for our NJ trip to find they are probably a good size too big now! I love this feeling!!

Dana, I meant to answer you with your question on WW online. I don't recall if you can use a check number so they can debit your checking account or not. Some places do that. I'll have to look into that but I paid the same amount that Summer was saying for the three months then 14.95 a month after that. I am just getting into my third month in the next couple of weeks. Although you are really left on your own sorta speak with online, you have all the tools you need. You have your food journal that you record your daily intake and it gives you many recipes and even a menu planner plus you can specialize it for a balanced menu or a low carb whatever your preference. You have a community you can get advice from and you have the points calculator that has many, many different foods that you can just put the name of in it and it gives you the point value of that. OH! And my favorite is the recipie builder where you can put in your favorite recipes and it figures out the point value of that recipe. If you can't afford this right now I will help you all that I can to get you going if you choose to do this. Although I put this expense off so long and when I finally put my money where my mouth was sorta speak I finally got serious. I have a food companion and I have this so together that helps.

I really didn't think I would like the flex point system but it really does give you flexibility you didn't feel like you had before. Although I wish you could carry over your activity points still.

Well, gotta go. One more day then it's finally the weekend. LOL

TTFN!

Donna
Old 09-18-2003, 10:59 PM   #113  
stbakd

another one of the barbie's has been found. your housse looks good sherree.
toronto is the tail end of the storm tomorrow with high winds and rain.
summer have great time in mb to all the dolls from ken
Old 09-19-2003, 02:18 PM   #114  

Default from rosey

Morning everyone..we had a hard frost last nite.. theres ice in our puddles.. ..im not ready for winter...im having a hard time adjusting with the dh home all the time..hes at therapy today and so i have some time alone..sometimes i have to tell him to leave me alone and it makes me feel really bad but just cant help it..as he gets better tho and his activities are increased it should get better..i have so much to get done and he wants all my time exclusively ..i know its becuz hes so bored..now wouldnt i feel even worse if he didnt want me at all ..the grass is always greener...i sure hope that hurricane didnt do any damage to any of you..did you get bad weather ?? and summer hope it doesnt spoil your vacation..saw on the morning news all the damage along the cape hatteras coast..daphnee how is megan doing ?? and how are you coping..i have been real faithful to my allowed pts.. am not doing the flex pts tho..my dd explained it to me but am still following the old way..will check in later.. want to take advantage of my time and work on my cards while you know who is not needing my attentions.. rosey
Old 09-19-2003, 04:54 PM   #115  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Sorry having a bad migrain for 2 or 3 days now. It is worse toda. WIsh I could die at this point it is so bad. Megan is dong better at least. I will post when I feel better.
D
Old 09-19-2003, 08:54 PM   #116  

I was just checking to see if summer posted today. Hopefully she will yet. I know that 17 people were killed from that hurricane and millions without power up that way. Hope she's ok and can drop us a line before heading to MB.

daphne I'm so sorry you are dealing with those migraines. How terrible. Do you have anything prescriptive for them? Hope it's over by now. I miss hearing from you.

Well I need to run and take my bath. I didn't go to the ball game tonight but they will be back home in 2 weeks for homecoming so we'll make it then. I have to take kids to kevin's neice's birthday party tomorrow. She will 4 on the 21st. It's at a place called Kid City which is like a huge indoor playground. It's about 45 minutes from here and DH has to work so I have to go at it alone. I hope I find it and we make it there ok.

They upped brett's insulin but I still dont think it will be enough. He was 367 just prior to supper but of course he hasn't had the new doses yet. His supper dose stayed the same. Hope you all have a great weekend and I hope to post again soon.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:47 PM   #117  
stbakd

where are the barbie dolls? i guess your out with your ken dolls (husbands) i gained this week.summer post soon please glen
Old 09-20-2003, 07:01 PM   #118  

I guess summer is sunning her self down at the beach by now. I don't recall how long they would be gone but wish them well and hope they have a wonderful rested time.

We went to the party and it went pretty well. It was at Kid City which is a big indoor playground. The twins ate cake but the rest of us haven't and were headed to eat out for supper on the way home and the boys couldn't stop arguing so DH turned the car around. I hope that doesn't mean I have to whip something up again. I cooked lunch. Anyway, nothing is going on here but thought I would check in anyway. Sorry you gained glen but your record will show you will lose a big one this next week.

I forgot to mention yesterday that my mom bought laken a small trampoline and "I've" really enjoyed it already.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:08 AM   #119  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

LOL Dana I can just see you jumping on the trampoline! I am feeling better today finally. Megan is doing better as well. I had a gain of 1.4 this week. I knew that I would. It sucked being stuck here at home all week. I hope to post more now that Megan will be back in school Monday and I will be free again. So far Walmart is working for now. I was able to get onto the board to post at least. I will have to see if I am able to post. I was going to go back and read the prior post but don't have the patience for it. So I hope that I don't offend anyone. Have a great day everyone!
Daphne
Old 09-21-2003, 03:45 PM   #120  

Default from rosey

Morning everyone..so sorry for those who gained ...you will do better this week including me..we went for a drive yesterday and dh wanted to eat at his favorite chineses rest. buffet lunch..oh boy was it good and even tho i didnt take seconds i couldnt even calculate the pts i ate but ate zero pt soup for dinner..so maybe didnt do to much damage..today is bingo day..so hope im a winner..its been a while since ive won but its the getting away and doing something fun thats the best...dana ..you bouncing on a trampoline gave me a chuckle.. you go girl..my grandkids have one and theyare always trying to get me on it..i hope summer and jim are having the best time..will check in later..happy sunday everyone..rosey
Closed Thread