Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 05:50 PM   #31  

Hey guys! Hope you all have a great weekend. Check back in on Sunday.

Kris
Old 09-04-2003, 09:46 PM   #32  

Hello Everyone.. I am "checking in" as Donna said.. I have had alot of Pooter probs yesterday and today..I am so tired of not really knowing the best thing to do..I called a friends Granson at college to get him to help me on the phone and things seem better..so I will wait and see..In between all the calls and trying to get things straight I have been doing the usual laundry and cleaning...A womans never ending job

Donna..YOU GO GIRL..YOU ROCK.. ... FLOWERS INSTEAD OF A CAKE..WOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOW..What will power..Can you please send some of that my way.. ..really send some no joke I could use alot of it...Your Birthday gifts sound great.. You will love your pedicure..trust me..they are heaven..I cant wait untill you use and tell us how you loved it..
The smoothie maker will get alot of use..They are really nice. A great gift... I have a friend that just got one too and she loves hers..Yes Jim was a real sweetie to have flowers delivered to you at the resturant..What a real loving thing for him to do....I think that was so thoughtful...We are really blessed with great Husbands...
I am sure that you had a great time at lunch with your friend..I just wish I could have been there to have lunch with you...
I really enjoyed our IM today..Sorry that I had to go.but I had to take the call from the boy that helped me on the pooter..so for now I hope it runs good...I am glad that the storms got away from you.it rained here tonight..It has every night this week and also we had some bad storms the past Monday..Crazy weather all over..
I am like you in wondering where everyone is today..
I hope that everyone is alright...Have a great evening to ALL..

Kris..Didnt know you were leaving..Have a great weekend tooo

Rosey..Dana..Daphne..Sheree...Glen..Hope all is well with all of you..The are on the Hunt....

Last edited by summer1; 09-04-2003 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:29 PM   #33  

Hello....I cant believe it......I am in shock... I am here again and NO ONE has POSTED...Where did you all go?????
Its awful lonely in here..so its time to send out.....

........I hope they find all of you..

I will check later to see if they had any luck...

Last edited by summer1; 09-05-2003 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:51 PM   #34  

I don't know, Summer! Was it something I said???

I've been busy today since dh is home on Fridays I don't have the computer as much! LOL

I saw Daphne online on AOL earlier and tried to IM her but no response. I even saw Defender4God online last night and nothing was posted yet. I know Kris is away but where is Rosey? Dana? Daphne? Glen? Sheree?? OH MY I feel so ALONE!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:27 PM   #35  

Default from rosey

Oh my gosh ladies i am so sorry..no one has said or done anything ..i have been in such a funk didnt want to bring any one down so have not posted..its the never ending stress around here and i long for it to be over..dh sees the dr again on monday and then we will know something more concrete..i dont deal well with change and my stress level is on overdrive ..am so thankful for all of you ..so never think youve done something wrong...its just me and now im going to go out on my deck in the sun and remind myself how truly blessed i am..and maybe will feel better..check in later rosey
Old 09-05-2003, 09:48 PM   #36  

Hello..I'm BACK......I am so happy to see you both..Donna and Rosey..but where are all of the rest of the YAYAYAYA group???
Yes thats right..Kris is gone untill Monday..I remember that now tha Donna said that..but where is Dana... Daphne... Sheree...Glen..???? I guess the guys have to stay out there untill they find them
I wish that Defender ( Kim ) would post again and let us all know how she is...and whats been going on with her.

I would have been in here earlier but I had to contact Lexmark and get them to help getting my printer working again..It was a ordeal to do that..I wont bore you all with details but it took forever and several calls and staying on the phone it seemed for hours..Install and un-install..Then I asked for a person that I could understand and I am sure you all get what I mean.. I am sorry but if I cant understand them or them with me what good is it..It wastes my times and thiers..so finally after many calls I got someone that I could understand and I just now got it working..Thank the Good Lord...I am beat...and brain dead..
I used my Nathens Grill tonight and had some Louis Rich Hot dogs..well turkey dog..they were delish..I have chicken in the fridge marinating for tomorrow...I love this grill..it fits on the 2 burners on the stove..It is 2 sided..one side for grilling the other is a griddle for pancakes and the like..Only 19.99 on TV ...

Donna.. So hubby is on the pooter..Jim only gets on here if I am cooking or cleaning..He loves to play Spider solitare.....I hope that you day was good..I am sure its was nothing you said and anyway know that you are kidden ..I hope that nothing is wrong with anyone of them..I hope that they all post soon..It seems like to me Dana has been gone awhile..I hope that she and her family is alright..I am not to concerned about Sheree cause I know she is very busy with teaching and the house being built and that is alot going on..not to say I dont care cause I do..If Daphne was on line earlier than she is very busy I guess and then there is Glen..I guess he is busy too..Everybody is doing thier own thing and we are the worry worts I guess ..

Rosey..I am so sorry that you are sooooo stressed..I wish I Lived closer I would take you out to lunch and we could have some laughs and make things a little better for you..I now its hard and I know you are worried about Steve and the reports..I am on a little egde too..Jim has to have that TScan this coming Wed..so I am holding my breath that he is cancer free.. I know that its so hard during these stressful times..I have your hand my Dear Sweet friend..Hang in There sweetie..It will get better...

Please post soon..to ALL of you..they are

Last edited by summer1; 09-05-2003 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:45 AM   #37  
stbakd

they found me . off to the scales today
glen
Old 09-06-2003, 10:43 AM   #38  

I hadn't realized it had been 3 days since I'd posted until donna emailed me to see what's going on. I do have all 3 kids going through different things from severe headaches to diarrhea to upper respiratory virus and brett's sugars are running too high and don't know if it's the sickness or that his insulin may have been lowered too much at this point. DH works somewhere all the time so I feel so stressed from figuring out if everyone had all their meds. and had them on time.

Yesterday while attempting to post, a rat ran across my foot and scared the snot out of me and after cornering him and setting up traps, he somehow escaped right before our eyes. He was a baby but that's totally beside the point. There's nothing I'm scared of more. Mama read in the paper yesterday that rats are afraid of peppermint leaves and won't go anywhere near them. Does anyone know where to find them?

Daphne posted on our other thread and has a lot of stuff going on as well with getting megan back into school. She's suppose to have surgery (megan) I believe on the 15th and besides that, she has 3 appt's in one day prior to that so she hasn't had a lot of posting time either. I'm sure she will catch you up when she gets a chance.

I wish we could hear from kimbrely again too. I'm really concerned about her and pray that she will be healed. I wish we knew where she stands. Kim if you read this we are worried about you and care about you.

Summer I hope you hear nothing but good news from jim's scan this coming week. I'm still praying for the both of you. So when is that MB trip scheduled. It's nothing but rain down there this weekend. We are getting the wind and coolness right now from that tropical storm Henry that's hitting florida and I think that's where all the rain down south is coming from.

Rosey I hope you guys get more good news on monday so you're DH can return to work sometime before the holidays get here. My DH has a lady friend he works with that wants me to make her some birthday cards. I have sold some cards on ebay and I have some cross stitching books on there now that I never even looked at. I don't quilt and sew. Maybe in my older years.

Donna thanks for hunting me down. I'm not sensitive enough to let anything you all say get to me. I always find the humor in it and if I ask for advice, I'm opened for the negs. as well as the positives.

Well hi to everyone else but DH is working on grasses this morning and has to work this evening and i have some fresh beans and okra to cook in between times. Hope you all have a restful weekend.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #39  

Default from rosey

Morning everyone.. as usual you all make me feel so much better..i just have to focus on the positive and try not to worry about the future..i do know that the dh is not going back to work any time soon if at all..his dr has said that he cant be doing the heavy physical things that his job requires anymore..so his dr wants to declare him disabled ..we shall see what happens..thank goodness we purchased long term disability ins..so we will have an income if he doesnt go back to work..the most impt thing is that he gets better..but im a classic worrier and the not knowing is driving my stress level crazy you all sound so busy..dana way to go on your card sales..it takes time but when you have one satisfied customer it leads to more..by the way your sugar levels do change some when you are sick so that mite be whats going on with brett..hope you all are feeling better soon.. and a rat id be jumping up on a chair ..daphnee hello dana says your really busy too..summer..hope you get your puter working.. when i have troubles my daughter comes and fixes it for me..i know nothing about them just how to do the few things that i use it for..hugs for jim and hope he feels better everyday..how is your friend bert doing??congrats on the good food choices..ive been careful too..glen glad the guys found you hope you show aloss..donna.. whats on your adgenda this weekend..am so proud of you for sticking to the ww and also the no cake on your b-day and going to the gym ..your determination is catchy..hows elanas school going??..My gd haileys first day went really well.. but the 2nd day she cried and the dd had to stay with her awhile till she calmed down..growing ups not easy..the other grandkids will be here next wed.. they are going to stay here with the dh and me for 5 days while their parent s go out to our cabin to moose hunt.. should liven things up a bit around here..havent seen them since may as they were in minn this summer..am looking forward to that..the dh is really sad that he cant hunt this yr.. he lives for that all yr long..i ahve been getting ready for every one to get here the house really needed a blessing..and i ahve been tackling cubboards and closets..is the kimberely yall are talking baout the one that was so sick..im having a senior moment so need to be reminded who and whats the story..hello to kris and hope your world is turning well..sheree..hows the teaching going??and the house?? hugs for you as you sound soooooo busy..well its a pretty day out the dh is still sleeping he had a ruff nite theres a hint of fall in the air.. and the leaves are starting to change..this is my favorite time of yr i call it sweatshirt weather..hope you all havea great weekend will check in on you all later rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 09-06-2003 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:55 PM   #40  

Yes Rosey that's the same Kim we're referring to.

I had a good cry today as I read something that came in the mail. Brett's lab work came back and his cholesterols were good and no sign of kidney disease but he was officially diagnosed as type 1 diabetes (juvenile). I was shocked because the dr. was so sure it was type 2. That's why they had lowered his insulin again 2 weeks ago with hopes of dropping it and increasing his oral meds. Now the instructions are to stop the pills cause they can't work and to stick with insulin rest of his life. He really didn't seem to care one way or the other but this type is the more serious one so that's worried me a bit. Well at any rate, I want to go stamp some more cards to get my mind off of it but thought i would let yall know.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:08 PM   #41  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh Dana I am so so sorry about Brett. I was so hoping for better news. Hugs to you and him.
Just have a few minutes to post here DH is on way home woohoo. Damn Aunt Flo today too! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
OK I went to my WI but not the meeting. I am down 3.6 this week!!! A waaahoo to me. OK I have felt like crap all week and havn't ate. Yesterday was a package of sesame crackers 220 calories there and 2 Wasa crackers with lo fat cream cheese on them. I have decided that it is easier to not eat. I KNOW!!! I will beatting better I promiss. I ust have not wanted to eat. Just think 3.4 pounds and Aunt Flo just started? I just had it a couple weeks ago so it is a concern to me right now. I am just a bit spotty so maybe it is something else.
I tok measurments today and I am down 2" in the chest waist and hips. Go me Go me go go go me!!
I will try an post latr but have a Church dinner tonight and CHurch tomorrow and a lunch there too.
Chow! Daphne
Old 09-06-2003, 04:39 PM   #42  

Angry Hugs to my friends

{{{Dana}}} I'm so sorry that the news was not what you had hoped for. What a disappointment but thank the good Lord that it was found out when it was because worse things could of happened. I know that is not here nor there but anyway. I'm truly sorry.

Daphne, WTG on your loss this week! You are doing so good but I am concerned that you are not eating. It's probably stress which is playing with your cycle. You have been under major big time stress. I'm glad you and Dana both have posted today and I sent you a where are you email too. Did you get it?

Rosey, Gosh I'm sorry that Steve is going to be not able to work because of his back. Thank the good Lord that you did have that long term disability. I just hope it is better than Jim's short term was. Anyway, maybe soon things will straighten out and you will get into a routine where you and he can do your own thing and not get into each other's way. He may could pick up another job which doesn't require lifting. I feel for you sooooo much! Elena seems to be doing better with school. However if she is anything like she's been at home today I think the teacher should of let me know that she is about to drive her crazy! LOL

Summer, It was so nice talking to you last night. I always enjoy talking to my buddies. I'm like you, would love to hear more from Kim soon to know what's going on with her. I saw her name on my buddy list on AOL the day before like I said.

Glen glad the found you. How did your weigh in go?

Sheree, post when you can. We love to know how things are going.

My dh bought a new vehicle today. The Explorer was acting up again and Jim took it to the mechanic who said it will need another 1,000 to fix it. Well, instead of putting more money in it he went out and traded it in for a 2001 Oldsmobile Bravado. It's a nice looking/riding car and I hope it gives us good service. It was his decision and I stayed out of it so if it isn't like he hoped. It isn't my fault!

I'm going to send a picture of the vehicle to my sil now. I'll talk to you guys later. I'm so so so glad you all are back but sorry for the sorrows of all. I hope Kris is having a good weekend and please keep me in your prayers for tomorrow being it's my first sunday teaching Elena's sunday school class and I'm VERY nervous!

TTFN!
Old 09-06-2003, 05:07 PM   #43  
stbakd

i lost 4.5 . i hope every is well and loses
ttfn glen
Old 09-06-2003, 09:33 PM   #44  

Hello Everyone...Its some crazy weather here today..first thing this am it was sunny and cool great weather..later in the day it got hotter and now we have the Air on cause its humid again and looks like it will storm any minute..Wild weather..I guess its because of Hurricane Henri...I have been busy..went and got a hair cut..I needed it but my hairdressser is leaving for vacation and wont be back for a month..gee..I wish I could go for a month
She saves all year to have a month in Barbados..I would love to go there..So Its been a wild weather day.. By the time she gets back I will look like a wild woman..

{{{{{{Dana}}}}}} I am with Donna in saying how sorry I am about Brett's test results...as I know that you were hoping for him to have a better report about his diabeties..It really a good thing that they caught it early so he can have the treatments he needs..So many people have that and live normal lives everyday..Look at our Rosey and soooo many others..
He has done so well ajusting to this I am sure he will do fine..its just hard as a Mom hearing this news but I know that he will be fine cause he has you to guide him.. I hope that the other children get well real soon from all the sickness they have... am sure thats been stressful for you too.. as I know you need all the hugs we can give{{{{{{{{{Dana}}}}}}}}}}}..
Hang In there sweetie..it will get better..
Yes Im sure that you are getting storms from Henri..I hope it stops soon for you...Our weather has been crazy tooo...
I was about to send the hunters out and email or do something to find you....then..Donna told me last night that she had emailed you so..I waited to hear...and here you are..Hurayyyyyyy
I hope that things get better real soon for you sweetie..Your card buisness is taking off and thats great..I bet you will get alot more bites on Ebay real soon..You should take them in schools and see if the staff or teachers would like to buy some..and bus drivers too..Just a thought...Is there any little Mom and Pop stores near you..Maybe they would let you put up a small display..???
I think you cards will sell out before you know it...
Thank-you for all your prayers for us Dana..I appreciate it so much..I hope to be leaving for MB on the 20th (Saturday) of this Month..I cant wait and Jim is real excited also..
I agree with you..I wish that Kim would let us all know whats going on with her..I am still praying for her and I hope that she is better..I would just like to know that..it would be great to hear..
Have a great evening..watch the race..kick-back and try to relax as you need some rest and some "YOU" time..

Daphne..WAY TO GO ON 3 .6 LOSS..YOU ARE AWSOME..YOU GO GIRLFRIEND... ..Sorry to hear about "Old Aunt Flo".I am so glad that Aunt Flo does not see me anymore but her replacement I could do with out..The "Big M "..Yuck......thats anther story and you dont need to hear about that now...Sometimes stress will do that spotting thing and you have had your share of stress and then some of that lately...Hang in there sweetie..its gets better...
If you feel like not eating thats ok too..but just make sure you eat something....or you could get sick...Be good to you..

Glen..WAY TO GO ON THE 4.5 LOSS. ..I knew that you could do it...I am sure that you are right now..and I dont blame you.I would be tooo....Have a great evening

Donna..I enjoyed talking to you as well.. I am sure that your Sunday school class will love you as a teacher...I know that you will do great..Elena will be your little helper..she will Love that..
Your new Olds Bravado sounds really cool..I would love to see a picture of it..I know what you mean about letting them ( Guys ) get the car...Jim got this one..but so far its been a great Exployer..He is thinking about a bigger one like a GMC Denilai..or a Chevy Tahoe. I dont say a word ...
They are bigger..I just want No More Payments but that will never happen...So I dont say anything....if that makes him happy..
Yes I agree with you about Kim..I cant underdstand whats going on..I sure hope she is alright and she lets us know that real soon..
Have a great evening.

Rosey..I am sooo sorry to hear that Steve is possibly not going back to work because of his back...Thank-God for your long term disability Insurance..I know thats a relief..Its so hard to know what to do at this point..All you can do is take it one day at a time sweetie..thats what we all do..I am praying that Jim can go back and still do his job..I am not sure cause he seems to have a hard time concentrating on things sometimes and I asked the doctor and he said...its a possible side effect from Chemo..so I know how worried things can get.and I am a woor wort just like you.... I am still here and I have your hand....I am sure when you Grand-Babies come you will be in heaven as you love them so much and enjoy them too.and they Love you too..
I am happy for you that they are coming...Maybe with them there..they will keep DH busy and he wont miss the Moose hunt as bad..I hope that you win $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at Bingo Sunday...the best of to you Rosey...Can you send your daughter to help me with this crazy pooter...It drives me nuts trying to get it fixed..I hope its fixed for awhile...or I will need fixing ..Have a great evening

Last edited by summer1; 09-06-2003 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:02 AM   #45  
stbakd

happy sunday to all. to brett. what kind cards do you make?
summer: where is mb? win the lottery and you can go any place
rosey how is dh?
the 's are out for all the missing persons. ttfn. glen
Closed Thread