Old 08-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #91  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

Just a quick post as I'm feeling lousy...working from home on the essential stuff...and hoping to take a nap before heading to the doc again. It's getting harder to breathe and I'm feeling tightness in my chest, and I don't want a repeat of last Feb when I had bronchitis for a month.

Happy - I'm glad DH got his BP meds...definitely nothing to fool around with. I'm really, really worried about you too. Please, please, please try and not stress so much. It does NO good. Especially concerning things like the stock market. I know you know this. All it's doing is messing with your sleep and having ill effects on your body. It's just not worth it. All you can do is take care of what is in your control...keep prepping for the move and readying the house for sale, and look for a new job. I know you're doing both of these things. Remember that good ol' serenity prayer. You know that one, right? I know it's easier said than done, but I worry that if you don't stop stressing about stuff you'll have major health consequences. You said you felt better when you turned it over to God or to the universe or whatever...then do that.

Laura - Hope you feel better.

Mel - I hope you, Jen and Richie are all doing okay. I hope today is quiet for you, just like yesterday.

Shad - I hope work is going well and they let you up for air from time to time.

Ceejay - Hopefully the storms heading your way aren't too bad. Our cool front came through...brought a little rain...but no severe weather. Phew.

Annie - How is Samantha and the little one? And how are you doing?

Gotta get...I might go lay down for a bit before the doctor appointment.

Love and big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #92  

Morning all. Back at work today. No headache at the moment... After being headache-free all day and evening yesterday, it came back right before bedtime last night. I had just taken a few ibuprofen and ended up taking a couple more and that did the trick. My stomach may bleed from all the ibuprofen, but that actually doesn't sound as bad as these !@#$% headaches... Going to see what my doc says. Maybe another type of bc pill could cause less hormonal fluctuation? Or just get a med to deal more effectively with these headaches.

Shad - How's the new job?

Happy - Glad you enjoyed your swim last night. You and dh are under such stress right now - good you're taking the time to try and de-stress. Make sure dh does too!

Michelle - Sorry you've got a virus and those meds cause unpleasant side effects. Feel better soon hon.

Mel - Glad you had a quiet night. Sorry your sinuses are bugging you. Hope you get some nice weather coming your way to make it better.

Ceejay - Hope the weather coming through didn't cause problems for you at work.

Annie - Did you get the cool front yet? Just loving it up here!!

Hello Ellen!

I missed the morning exercise classes yesterday, and there weren't any in the early afternoon. Ended up going to the laundromat with doggy's bedding - we've been overdue on that. What a gorgeous day for weather yesterday. For the first time in a long time it was a pleasure being outdoors - 80 degrees, clear and sunny, low humidity, nice breeze. Wonderful.

Movie night last night - we saw "Crazy Stupid Love" w/ Steve Carrell, Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore, Emma Stone. It wasn't totally what I thought it would be. It was entertaining, but a bit too long. (My pet peeve.) Worth catching in rental/netflix/on demand if for nothing else than to see Ryan Gosling shirtless...

Just looked at my little vacation/sick day tally sheet. It's so pathetic - I didn't take any vacation days in July... thank the weather for that.

Tomorrow I'm taking a day off. Bf and I are going to the zoo with his mother, brother, SIL and two nieces before the nieces go back to school. Haven't been to the zoo in several years. Looking forward to it. The weather forecast is looking good.

Okay, I'll get this posted, and then it's time for more ibuprofen.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #93  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hump day and I must say this has been the day from H*LL. Working on a report for the past 7 hours, nibbled lunch at my desk...got about 1/2 day more to go...barely came up for air to say hi to all yall chicklets....Have a wonderful nite, I am going to sissy's, taking dinner with me. Little stinker.

Much Love, Many Hugs, Scads of Get Wells for those that need it, and a gob of peace of mind for those who need it.

xoxoxoxo
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #94  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Short post this morning as I have plenty to do to keep me occupied. I have a deadline to meet which I thought was next Monday but is in actual fact the Monday after. Silly me, working my fingers to the bone for nothing. Still, I am two courses down and 1 to go. I hope to get that started today and finished by next Monday. Then I need the guys on site to tell me about good examples for training and we are all set for the off on the 30th.
Without blowing my own trumpet too hard, the things that will go wrong on these training sessions have nothing to do with the Plant Maintenance section of the project - more like, I can't find parts to repair the assets because Inventory haven't loaded anything yet and I can't cost things accurately since Finance haven't given me sufficient cost codes or general ledger codes to do so. AAAArrrrrghhhhh.

Happy - please go and sit in the corner and think about the happy times to come. Clear your mind of all sales people, buyers, stock marketers and government agencies, we can do nothing about these and we trust that the people who can do something about this will do so as quickly as possible. Just spend some time in positive thoughts of retirement and organic food growth.

Annie - bloody reports. That must be a doozy to take that long. Hope you are not cooking the books there. Or is that the reason it is taking so long?

Michelle - rest up, work quietly and keep warm and move frequently. I always find that is the way to get over lung infections and flu's etc.

Laura - enjoy the zoo. I like a day at the zoo occasionally, especially if they are good zoos. Hope the headache goes away soon.

Mel - Glad to hear the re cert is done and dusted. What are you taking for the sinus' etc.? I have been sneezing a lot at work lately. Is that because I am allergic to work or something.

Ceejay - we have bush turkeys around here as well. They are not as plentiful as they once were but then we keep taking their habitat away from them. I love to see them making their mounds. Some of them are huge.

Guess it might be time to go get some breakfast and get into the day. Master Data here I come.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #95  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

JUST FOR HAPPY....BREATHE IN & BREATHE OUT!!

MORNING CHICKS.

I WOKE AT 4:47 AND JUST CANNOT GO BACK TO SLEEP.
THERE WAS A BIT OF WORK TO BE DONE DOWNSTAIRS AND I HAD A COFFEE. GUESS THE CAFFEINE DID ME IN. THAT WILL TEACH ME!
NOTHING VERY EXCITING GOING ON HERE RIGHT NOW. RICHIE IS BACK TO WORK AND THE FINGERS ARE COMING ALONG NICELY.
THE MEDS HAVE MADE HIM SICK WITH HIS BAD STOMACH AND INTESTINES. THE DR TOLD HIM HE COULD STOP TAKING THEM. GOOD THING CAUSE HE'D BE MISSING MORE WORK THEN!!
GUESS I SHOULD EAT SOMETHING QUIETLY AND NOT EWAKE UP MY NEIGHBORS!
HAVE A GREAT DAY

HAPPY.......MT. WASHMORE IS MINE....ELLEN STOLE IT FROM ME. WITH HER TRIBE, IT WOULD HAVE TO BE THE HIMALAYAS!!
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOU AND DH HAVING PROBLEMS. WHATEVER DID THE DR EXPECT HAVING DH COME OFF BP MEDS AND NOT HAVE A REACTION.
WEANING IS THE WORD USED MOST OFTER. POOR DH.
I HOPE YOUR CHEST PAINS GO AWAY TOO. "IN WITH THE GOOD AIR.....OUT WITH THE BAD".
I KNOW IT'S HARD TO DO. I AM LIKE YOU....I GO OVER THINGS IN MY MIND LIKE AN INSTANT REPLAY TAPE ON A CONTINUOUS LOOP.
TRY TO KEEP GOOD THOUGHTS IN YOUR HEAD TIO KEEP THE NEGATIVE ONES UNDER CONTROL.

CEEJAY....DID THE STORM HIT YOU GUYS? OURS HAVE BEEN MUCH SMALLER THAN PREDICTED AND NOT AS VIOLENT. HOPE YOUR'S WEREN'T TOO BAD.

MICHELLE....HOPE YOU WILL FIND IT EASIER TO BREATHE WITH THE MEDS. GLD YOU'RE WORKING FROM HOME. LET US HOPE YOU WILL NOT REPEAT THE LAST EPISODE. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR GOOD HEALTH YOUR WAY

LAURA......HOPE YOU WILL ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE ZOO. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. I WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE MOVIE. SHIRTLESS YOU SAY??? I'LL HAVE TO THINK ABOUT HIM LATER....IT'S JUT TOO EARLY IN THE MORNING TO GET EXCITED OVER RYAN. HOPE THE DR CAN HELP WITH THE HEADACHES AND/OR THE MEDS FEEL BETTER.

ANNIE......HOW WAS THE DINNER. TOO BAD I'M NOT RICH...I'
D HIRE YOU AS MY CHEF!! HOW'S SISSY DOING?? HOPE WORK IS LESS "APINFUL" TODAY AND GIVES YOU A BREAK.

SHAD.......HOW IS MASTER DATA TODAY?? OU SOUND LIKE YOU WOULD BE WELL AHEAD OF SCHEDULE IF THE OTHER DEPARTMENTS COOPERATED WITH INFO INPUT. I AM TAKING VICKS DAYQUIL, ZYRTEC, MUCINEX AND ALEVE WHEN I HAVE A HEADACHE. SO FAR THE COMBINATION IS KEEPING ME GOING. ALMOST LOST THE BATTLE YESTERDAY THOUGH.
SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I'M LUCKY I REMEMBER MY OWN NAME!
HOPE YOUR WEEKEND WILL BE BETTER THIS TIME AROUND WITHOUT THE COLD...YOU DID GET RID OF IT RIGHT??

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-11-2011 at 06:12 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #96  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Ah Mel I love you The breathe in breathe out chick is just what I needed to see today. I will carry it with me all day. I'm glad Ritchie's hand is healing - those antibiotics can be very rough on the stomach. Thank goodness he didn't cut a tendon or something. Did you find something quiet for breakfast? Don't you eat oatmeal - just get a plastic spoon - no clinking! I can understand how you'd want to let the "babies" sleep longer You're not the first one to comment what was the doctor thinking when he took DH off the blood pressure meds. But now I'm thinking - MAYBE DH took himself off? My Dad did that and had a stroke and heart attack - DH knows this. At least now perhaps he got scared enough not to do that again.

Today I have to do battle with the dragon - Lord give me strength. I'll let you know how it goes later. I feel myself slipping from angry back to weepy (I alternate in cycles). Gotta stay angry, weepy is not good right now. At least no chest pains this morning. The hot weather finally broke, we are slipping into more comfortable temperatures and it's cooling down at night. That is good news although we still have humidity in the air. The bad thing is that it will be rapidly cooling the pool water. As the sun starts to angle more, less sun on the pool to rewarm the water that cools overnight. I am getting my hair done on Saturday so that will limit swimming after that although I try and keep my head above water because I have a hard time getting water out of my ears. So do I pull weeds tonight and battle mosquitoes or go swimming?

Wow Shad - you belt those courses out faster than Michelle spits out her custom reports Are you trying to say that when you take the sum of the parts, the whole doesn't quite fit together as nicely as the software vendor promised it would? We all knew that but no one would listen and we were called skeptics I am trying to tell myself that although worry is my best friend right now, it is purgatory for happier times ahead. Not quite sure I can convince myself of that but I will try.

Annie - hope you left the day from Hhhhel behind you today. How was dinner with Sissy? Hopefully she wasn't in a hormonal mood and you shared a few laughs. One of the very talented ladies at work showed us a "bubble suit" she is making for her granddaughter. It's a onesie sort of combo dress with elastic legs - looks like a bubble bottom. She sewed the thing - it has a gathered bodice and she make the most tiny and delicate embroidered roses on it. Just GORGEOUS. Too bad baby will wear it maybe twice as the infant is about 2 months old. But it is adorable. It reminded me of the ooh ahh joy you must feel holding little babies and the excitement of the anticipation. I guess you too have to focus on the goodness that is coming ahead in your life. Hope you have a better day today.

Michelle - my snifflin' sneezin' friend. Hope that you have the breathing under control. Darn cold!!!! Did the tightness clear up? I guess this puts Zumba on hold for the moment. Don't be fretting over it. These things happen and you will get better and Zumba again! Sending you some love in a cup

Laura - my sister has the same issues with the b/c pills. Tried a few brands to find the one that gives the least side effects although the lower the dose, the greater the possibility that the pill doesn't do it's job so there is that worry too. While it's a bummer to have your hair thin out after menopause, not having cramps or bloat or crankiness is wonderful. Oh wait a sec, you still get that stuff but it's from the tummy or old age, not TOM

Ceejay - did you get much rain your way? It looks kind of nasty around Little Rock but by the time it got here it petered out. I think we got some spitting overnight. Not enough to water things properly.

Hi Ellen peeker person

Guess I should get on with the day. It's really hard to drum up any enthusiasm at work but I will as my co-worker says put on a happy face no matter how fake it is

Happy Thursday chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #97  
Choose your hard

oh and I saw this on a t-shirt in a catalogue I got yesterday -

Sometimes I Laugh So Hard Tears Run Down My Leg

If you don't know what this means now, you will in a few years
Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #98  
Annie - Indiana

Morning...thought I would post first then dive into this mess at work as the person the reports are for left an email last night at 7pm that said...I will be on vacation beginning Thursday (today) and not return til next week on Wednesday the 17th. Well B*llSh*t, I am not killing myself today over this report that was so d*mn urgent. He can kiss my wrinkled *ss.

Dinner was fabulous at Sissy's and all seemed to be in a good mood. Made a delicious salad with lettuce, tomato, peppers, green onions and cukes out of garden. Yum. Made a chicken pocket ring, fried taters/onions in my iron skillet and apple dumplings. Sissy made mixed veggies..lol....in the nuker.

My bro's band is playing this weekend and DS is in a wedding on Saturday, so I am going to both. DSs bestie is getting married. He is one of the boys that "grew up" at my house, since they were in kindergarden. It is back out in the sticks where they grew up so I will see peeps I have not seen in about 7 years.

My toitie guts took a crap <---haha last night, so I cannot flush the toitie, thank God I have another bathroom. My bro is coming over tomorrow to fix it for me.

HAPPY.....don't forget to breath in and out slowly, my love....be gentle on your body and mind. It will all work out. It always does..then look at all the time you have wasted for not. I am a great example of things working out, cause my life is always in the pits....SMILES EVERYONE...da plane, da plane!!

CHELLE...hope you are feeling a bit better today. This is the last time I want to hear that you are sick with chest/cold/sinus/allergies/asthma, I FORBID it, you hear me...no more...get well sweetness! Love ya my sista!

SHADDIE...I don't know how you do reports and report building all the time. It makes me nuttie than a fruitcake. Kudos to you sista.

MELLIE...glad to hear Richie is on the mend and back to work. I got up at 2am and couldn't sleep...should of called you. We could of torn up the world. You take it easy peasy today and enjoy this cool weather.

LAURA...Have a blast at the zoo. I love going to the zoo, I talk to the animals as they seem to understand me...well at least I think so. haha Thanks for the movie review as that is one I was wanting to see, so glad I didn't and will wait for the rental.

CEEJAY...our front that came through on Tuesday nite packed tornado warnings and watches...didn't really hear of any touching down, just stirred up the community. I slept right through it all and didn't even know it till the next day.

Guess I will finish this up, get some more java and start on the stupid report. Going to meet some friends for lunch at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries...really great burger place.

Have a wonderful Thursday/Friday...

Much love and many hugs...
Old 08-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #99  
Annie - Indiana

Here is my saying I made up yesterday.....

You have to meet a lot of *ssholes to find one without hemorrhoids.

Ba hahahahaha
Old 08-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #100  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie175 View Post
Here is my saying I made up yesterday.....

You have to meet a lot of *ssholes to find one without hemorrhoids.

Ba hahahahaha
Good one Annie! Very clever. Glad your dinner went well last night. Everything sounds yummy - even the chicken pocket ring although I have no idea what that is Enjoy those fresh tasting salads as long as you can. I'm sorry to hear that yet something else has broken in your house especially something as important as the toilet. This is why I will NEVER be in a house or apartment with one one toidy. I even do vacation rentals bigger than we need so we can have 2 toilets mostly because you can't get DH to move fast when you need to Fortunately for you the tank insides is a relatively cheap repair.

The dragon turned into a chicken and did not show up today. We will see what happens tomorrow. I am fervently praying to God to give me the strength (and intelligence) to get past my anger and desire for vengefulness (and leave that up to Him who does it best) and let me focus on inner peace and doing what I need to in order to survive. I keep reminding myself that bad thoughts might invoke bad karma around me however, it will be a cold day in that hot spot down below before I am wishing the devil's spawn anything good - so maybe I can work up a compromise I can live with.

My poor kitty is so skinny and bony. She is freaked over the boxes in the house and the disruption. She is skittish normally and I thought after DH got rid of the trailer and boxes that she would have calmed down but no. She spends all day outside - I leave her with dry food and water and on days like today when she has not eaten much the prior day, I will leave wet food out for her in a shady spot. I have learned to place it well away from the back porch after trying to beat off hoardes of flies that sneak their way into the house. She is barely eating anything. She was 7 pounds at one time but is really bony now and I'd be surprised if she was 5 pounds. DH said when he gets home he is going to take her to the vets. I am already feeding her Fancy Feast - hard to find more of a calorie bomb than that stuff!

Well the rest of you must be taking late lunches or are really busy. I will check back tonight to catch up. Later chicks...
Old 08-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I have had an enjoyable afternoon outside. My yard looks decent again. I wish I could mow it all the time but the heat would not let me. I've stirred up my heal spur again today and I don't want that either. I'll be sore in the morning but it will be a good sore. I only mowed the front lawn, small side yard and a bit of the back yard. Also did the weed eating and blew everything off with the blower.

A friend called around 11.30 this morning and wanted to go eat pizza. Had my first chesse pizza with pineapple. Very good.

Our front brought cooler temp's but the rain fizzled out before it got here. As mom used to say we got about 13 drops. We could use a good soaker for a couple of days. I did water the bushes this afternoon also. Everything is so dry.

Mel
Glad you have been having some quiet days. You are an early bird. It's hard for me to get up at 5.30 on my work day's.

Laura
The trip to the zoo sounds like a perfect day trip.

Happy
I do hope dh has learned his lesson on not taking his bp meds, if this was the case. Like the attitude you have toward the "dragon".

Shad
You'll have a bit of time to breathe this week end if you are caught up at the moment.

Michelle
I'm glad that you are going back to the doctor. Enjoy that nap. I may take one myself tomorrow.

Annie
The dinner with sissy sounded good. Hope your day gets better. Do like Happy and takes some deep breath's.

Annie
The dinner with sissy sounded good.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #102  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all, - whoops that should be Afternoon all, and hallelujah it is Friday afternoon.

Happy - No the system is intact, the consultants will not be intact (or entire) if they don't get their a$$es moving and give me a material catalogue and some general ledge codes. Lordy we start training in a couple of weeks and there is nothing in the store apart from some nuts (human and otherwise) and some bolts and the general ledger/ cost centre structure completely sucks.
And they have the cheek to wonder how we are as far advanced as we are - well good golly Miss Molly, were you here at 6.30 when I arrived? No! So why are you going home at 5.30 when I am going home? If you want to get ahead with the work you need to actually sit there and work for the required number of hours it takes to get the ******* stuff done! Get it, got it, good!

Enough of todays rant!!!!! Sorry Happy, you have enough on your plate without me getting in the middle of it.

Annie - Michelle does reporting, I just faithfully document the process for others to run the bloody things and get the required information. I hope I never have to document anything from Michelles fingers since she tends to get them up and running and then they change their minds about the layout or the results or whatever and she is back to changing the thing again.
I hope you get the toot up and running again soon. They are relatively easy to fix unless of course they are completely worn out in which case you may need another cistern.

Ceejay - no way will they let me sit here and breathe easy. I'm picking that when they work out that I am done with my lot, they will be asking for help. Read the above rant to Happy - will I be volunteering? No way.

Michelle - I hope you are starting to feel somewhat better now and the antibiotics have kicked in. Get better soon. The cattle prod is warming up and I will be right behind Annie with the NO MORE sickness bit.

Laura - must be still at the zoo. Maybe she has booked b/f in for some remedial manners with the chimps

Mel - 4.47 - I should have swung by and picked you up for a day in the office with me. You could have been very busy with the prod instead of me.
Glad to hear Richie's fingers are on the mend. What with that and my friend in Arizona's DH running over his toes with the lawnmower and Happy's DH, our menfolk are having a rough time - and mostly through their own doing. They were probably all trying to multi task at the time!!!

Okay - better buzz off and carry on rewardless as they say. I was demonstrating a transaction simulation to the boss yesterday and discovered that all the ones done by the fella before me have been done on the wrong screen resolution. Guess I will just have to do them all over again. Bah humbug.

I'm hoping to go home early today as well.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #103  

Evening all.

Annie - Sounds like a looong report if it takes 1.5 days to do - what an a$$ if he made it urgent and then went on vacay! Glad dinner at sissy's was pleasant. Sounds like a nice weekend for you coming up!! Hey lady I like that new saying of yours, hahaha!

Shad - Well at least being early is better than missing a deadline. Hard to truly test if something works if you don't have enough to do a good test - good luck with that. But if anyone can do it, I'm sure it's you! Yes, this is a good zoo to visit. I saw a couple kangaroos and it reminded me of you, as well as my 1994 trip to Oz...

Mel - Oh how cute is that deep breathing chicklet!! Did you think of Ryan Gosling later today? You should, LOL. I always thought of him as just a skinny fella, but WOW! Glad Richie's back at work.

Happy - Sorry the battle w/ the dragon has been postponed. Boo. Was there really a contest between swimming and weed-pulling?? LOL. Funny t-shirt you mentioned. We saw a man at the zoo today whose t-shirt said "I'm so broke I can't even pay attention" Sorry your kitty is so freaked over all the activity in the house.

Ceejay - Nice you spent some time outside...but sorry your heel spur was irritated by it. Mmmm, love Hawaiian pizza - w/ both pineapple and Canadian bacon, but not with bbq sauce, which some places make it with. Makes me want some!! Re the sparsity of the rain - we always say it was just enough to get the car dirty.

Michelle - How you feelin' girl??

Hi Ellen!!

Let's see, yesterday I left work early enough to make the 6 pm "A Step Above" class. It was good - I was very sweaty after that. Not easy though, espec. because my right hamstring was sore. Did I mention doggy tripped me up in the doorway the other day resulting in aforementioned pulled hammie and a scraped elbow as well?? Yup. And after that he raced down the street and out of sight into a driveway. At least he came when I whistled...

This morning we both overslept but still made it in time for breakfast w/ bf's family. Then it was the zoo. Lovely day, and I missed the zoo, so that was really nice. The walking was a bit too much for bf's mum, but she'd wanted to spend time w/ her granddaughters... It was so nice seeing bf's nieces.

Bf & I went to an early dinner, then I went to the Freemotion Circuit class. Another goodie. Showered and ready for bed now. Don't want to go to work tomorrow, but I guess I will...

Nighty night ladies.

Last edited by Laura705; 08-11-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #104  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

OK MISS HAPPY PUT ON THOSE BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OUT THERE AND FIGHT THE DRAGON THIS WEEK. BUT I GIVE YOU ONE PIECE OF ADDED ADVICE....NEVER.....AND I MEAN NEVER......BURN BRIDGES UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU DON'T NEED THEM! I AM JUST REMINDING YOU LEST YOU FORGET WHILE IN A FIT!!
AS FOR DH......THIS IS FOR HIM WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!?! (IF HE DID IT HIMSELF THAT IS) MANY SENIORS HAVE TRIED THIS STUNT AND A FEW OF MY FRIENDS ALSO. THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT A DAILY MED THAT PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH NOT TAKING. I CAN'T TALK...I'D PROBABLY TRY IT TOO JUST SMACK HIM IN THE HEAD FOR ME....HE'LL GET OVER IT!
HOLD ON TO YOUR ANGER....DON'T LET IT SCREW UP YOUR FUTURE. YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A VOODOO DOLL LATER ON. I HAVE A BRAND NEW BOX OF STRAIGHT PINS!! SENDING YOU STRENGTH THIS DAY!

ANNIE....I HAVE NIGHTMARES OF MY TOITIE TAKING A CRAP AND NO MAINTENANCE MAN TO FIX IT THANK GOD FOR BROTHERS!! HAD A LAUGH AT THE DD AND THE NUKED VEGGIES. SOUNDED LIKE ME! NOW JEN COOKS AND I NUKE!! HOPE YOU HAVE AN EASY PEASY TIME WHILE THE BOSS IS OUT! FOOK THE REPORT!!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND WITH ALL THE FESTIVITIES!

CEEJAY.....HOPE THE HEEL SPUR ISN'T TOO PAINFUL TODAY. THAT'S A LOT OF MOWING YOU GOT DONE. HAD A LAUGH AT THE 13 DROPS. I'LL HAVE TO USE THAT SOMETIMES AND GIVE YOUR MOM CREDIT! LOL
I HAVE NEVER HAD PINEAPPLE PIZZA BUT KNOW A LOT OF PEEPS THAT LIKE IT. FUNNY COMBO.

SHAD....HOPE YOU GOT TO GO HOME EARLY. HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THE STUFF THAT NEEDS RE-DOING GEEZ WHAT A PAIN. WISH I COULD HAVE JOINED YOU AT WORK....IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO PROD SOME NEW PEOPLE FOR A CHANGE

LAURA.....WOW!! YOUR TIME OUT SOUNDED GREAT EXCEPT FOR THE HAMMIE AND DOGGIE INCIDENT!! YIKES!! HOPE IT FEELS BETTER TODAY. AFTER ALL THAT FUN I WOULDN'T WANT TO GO BACK TO WORK EITHER. THAT'S SOME NICE EXERCISING YOU DID. LOOKS LIKE YOU SQUEEZED EVERYTHING YOU COULD INTO THE DAY!!

MORNING CHICKLETTES. TGIF!!!
I SHOULDN'T SAY THAT CAUSE I'VE BEEN A SLOTH ALL WEEK.
I DID END UP DOWNSTAIRS TO HELP OUT A FEW SENIORS AND THEIR NEVERENDING FOOKING PAPERWORK. AT LEAST I DON'T HAVE PERSONAL ANXIETY OVER THEIR'S!!
NOT MUCH NEW HERE BUT THE WEATHER. MUCH MILDER IN THE MORNING AND FAR LESS HUMIDITY THANK YOU GOD!
SPENT TIME WITH JOHN AND HE IS ALREADY TALKING ABOUT COMING FOR VISITS THE RETIRED SECRETARY HAD TO BE IN ALL WEEK TO HANDLE THE AUDIT. WITHOUT HER WE WOULD HAVE FAILED MISERABLY.
THEY'RE KEEPING HER ON AS A CONSULTANT FOR THE TIME BEING AND PAYING HOURLY. HOW CAN YOU TRANSFER ALL HER GOVT. KNOWLEDGE OF 25 YEARS INTO ANOTHER PERSON'S HEAD?! THE AMOUNT OF KNOWLEDGE IS HUGE. THANK GOD I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING OF WHAT SHE KNOWS....THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY!! OR THEY'D HAVE ME DOWN THERE EVERY DAY
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOURSELF!!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOURSELF!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-12-2011 at 07:05 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:12 AM   #105  
Choose your hard

Thank you Mel for the cutest graphic and putting things into perspective. Part of my anger is that she keeps getting away with inappropriate things over and over and each time she gets more cocky about it - at this point she thinks nothing can touch her. I have a morning meeting with another manager that things go well. They have an opening in their group and hopefully I will be a good fit. We'll see. Yesterday I was feeling tight in the chest and went to the nurse to get my b/p taken. Typically it's something like 107 over 65. Well it was 168/98. She asked what was going on in my life and we talked for a bit. I really like her - she is a peep from Chicago and we are very much alike in attitude and such. After 10 minutes (some of it spent with wet eyes) the pressure came down to 130/74 which saved me a trip in the ambulance to the hospital. Which would have presented a dilema with DH out and the cat outside. She suggested I call EAP (counseling) or go talk to my doctor and get some Zanax. Not sure I want tranquilizers but she said it's ok to NOT have to be the tough chick from Chicago Dragon has a busy schedule today - I'm betting I am not a priority on that schedule. Thank you Mel for giving me the piece of advice I needed today to maintain control. I am taking this as a response to the signs I have been asking for ... guess I will go douse that torch in the shower too bad - it was such a BLAZING torch too. You're right on the consultant - there is no way to transfer all the information. Besides what she has in her head, I'll bet she also has good instincts on what to say or do and no amount of training can teach that. You're either good at it or you're not.

Laura - I LOVED your t-shirt comment too. Gotta remember that one. Ouch on the puppy tripping you up. Sometimes they do that - I guess they figure we are the clumsy ones. Sounds like that class was a great workout. Are these all on that pass that you had? You must have gone to the big zoo. They do have alot of grounds to cover. I tell DH I want one of those stroller carts for the adults and he can push me. Or maybe they should rent scooters. I know the feeling of not wanting to go to work, especially after you've had an enjoyable day off but at least it's only 1 day of work and you've earned 2 days off for good behavior.

Annie - are you still buried under that report? On your way out dig up Michelle too, will you?

Shad - wouldn't it be entertaining in training if you were talking about nuts in the stockroom and had pasted pics of some of the employees faces sitting in the bins? This is why they won't let me teach. You do put in long days on the job - but often they shortchange you on the proper time to get it done. The way they treat people now a days, many people have cut back on their time and work a straight 8 hour day. We all know that the harder and longer you work, the more you get to do whist some just take longer coffee breaks.

Ceejay - pineapple cheese pizza. I've had Hawaiian pizza with Canadian bacon, BBQ sauce and pineapple - didn't care for it. Maybe something more simple as what you had will balance savory and sweet. Can't say I'm a fan of cooked pineapple tho DH loves it when we bbq it. You can come mow my yard if mowing makes you feel so good

My honey is coming home tomorrow I have missed him alot. He got alot done at the house which is more than I can say for what's gone on around here. He said their are wild turkeys everywhere. He also saw a black bear and ran into a hornets nest that was built into the ground as he was taking a walkabout on the grounds I said I don't think I am ever leaving the deck! He said we won't want for seeing wildlife up that way. Very peaceful and quiet he said.

With that I'd best get out of here. Want to review a few notes before I have the morning meeting with the other manager. It's not a formal interview, just a casual talk about what the job entails and what he is looking for. If it looks like a fit I will formally apply for the job.

Have a good Friday all...