Old 08-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #256  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Today is TIRED Tuesday -

I'm officially 100% exhausted. Dang it all. And I won't be getting out of here until at least 3:30...then it's home to give the doggies their meds. After that, this chick is going to bed. I just can't seem to get my energy back. At least my lungs aren't quite as tight as they were yesterday.

Laura - Glad you enjoyed "The Help"! Too funny that you have steel-toed shoes also! So do I! Actually, mine are hiking boots. DH and I each bought a pair when we took up the hobby of rockhounding. That way when the big rocks fall on our toes, it doesn't hurt...much. That sucks about the company bigwig being such a jerk and putting people down. I'm surprised your company tolerates such behavior from it's execs. Bummer that your feeling worse. If you're aren't feeling well tonight, you might want to consider skipping circuit class. How do you like the sleep number bed? DH and I have discussed getting one...but our dogs sleep on our bed and they like to "fluff" the blankets, etc. DH is concerned that with their "fluffing" they could pop air chambers in the bed.

Annie - Glad you (and dad) had a great time on Saturday night. Your pizza dinner sounds like it was nice. What a guy for cutting up wood for the fire pit. Take good care of those hands and be patient with the healing. Don't overuse them. The pineapple upside down cake sounds so yummy. When I come visit you, you have to make one. It's one of my faves.

Mel - I don't blame you for being tired after all the stress, anxiety, and taking care of everyone/everything over the weekend. Glad you're resting today! DH's cough is a little better today...but he's still weak and tired (just like me). He and I make quite the pair.

Happy - I hope things are going well for you and DH.

Shad - How are things in Mudgee?

Ceejay - I'm sure you're having fun with your sister.

Better post this and get back to work.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #257  

Michelle - I'm sorry you're so exhausted. Hope you can slog through the day, and be careful driving home!! I know a couple people who occasionally take that 5 Hour Energy drink to keep them perky... I'm not one for that stuff - with what I take now, it already feels like too much and it's just the flonase, a multi-vit, calcium, the water pill and my bcp. Not to mention zyrtec and symbicort on an as-needed basis...and then there's the occasional pain med, cold med...where does it end??!!

The exec making the comment is THE exec, so who's gonna complain - and like I said - I tend to be oversensitive and insecure, so I'll have to get over it. It's not like I run into him all the time and am subject to that on a regular basis.

My cold symptoms are still relatively mild and if I feel well enough to go to work and feel no worse by the end of the day, I'm def going to work out!

I LOVE our sleep number bed (and I finally did adjust it last night before doggy came in the room). However... if your dogs like to "nest" the bedclothes, I'm not sure it's for you. Coal loves to nest his bed, and he can really go at his bed and comforter with his pawing. But then again, he's never ripped open any of his bedding. Hmmm. Good question to ask at the sleep number people! Happy mentioned some time ago about needing to replace theirs at some point and I wonder what would wear out...if it doesn't spring a leak or the pump doesn't quit? Happy, let me know sometime.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #258  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - I've taken 5 hour energy once. I don't like to drink it though because it has a lot of Niacin in it...and I'm sensitive to high doses of Niacin. I've got to last 2 more hours...that'll get me through a meeting and the drive home. After that, I can go sleepy. Bummer that THE EXEC doesn't have the social skills, manners or professionalism to understand what is appropriate and inappropriate. Glad you don't see him on a regular basis. Thanks for the input about the Sleep Number Bed. BTW, you were asking about Thundershirts, I get Facebook posts from Dog Bless You, and they posted a question asking what people think of Thundershirts. From the responses...it looks about 50/50 love it or don't like it. I guess it depends on the dog.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi every one
I'm in Missouri at my sisters. We have had a great day. Her grand daughter took up with me today which was a nice thing. She was so fun to be around. Tonight we went to Applebee's, yum.
Oh yes, my birthday was very special. A good day spent with the uncles.
I had a good drive up Monday.

Mel
So glad that you survived Irene.

Annie
Glad your dad had a good timie. He needed to get out of the house. Hope your finger continues to heal. Bet you needed some stitches.

Michelle
Good thinking on wearing the mask and closing the windows. It's going to take some time. Feel better soon.

Laura
Take care of yourself. These alleries/colds are rough this time of year.
My sister gave me a Zertec last night that workd really well for me.

More later
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 AM   #260  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING LADIES.
TODAY WE GET THE COMMUNITY ROOM READY FOR THE BBQ.
I JUST WANT TO GET IT DONE & OVER WITH.
REALLY IN NO MOOD TO BE WITH ANYONE YET.
STILL A BIT CRANKY & TIRED FORM JOHN BEING OUT FOR 2 WEEKS AND IRENE.

NOTHING NEW AT ALL HERE. JUST A VERY QUIET DAY & NIGHT.....MOSTLY.
IT'S FUNNY HOW SOME OF MY NEIGHBORS WILL COME UP WITH ANYTHING
JUST TO GET ME TO OPEN THE DOOR.
ONE MAN CAME TO TELL ME THE AMBULANCE MEN WOULD BREAK A WOMAN'S DOWN THE DOOR IF THEY HAD TO.
I WENT TO THE WOMAN'S APARTMENT AND THEY WERE ALREADY IN THERE....
THE WOMAN HAD CALLED THEM HERSELF!!! THEY JUST CAN'T LEAVE ME ALONE.
I HAVE TO GET DRESSED AND OUT OF HERE OR THIS DECORATING/TABLE MOVING DAY WILL LAST FOREVER.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

ANNIE.....OMG THE FINGER!! YOU OPOOR WOMAN YOU.
DID YOU GO TO THE DR AND HAVE IT CHECKED OUT?? LIKE XRAYS???
HOPE YOU WILL HEAL FAST. FINGER PAIN IS NO FUN.
PIZZA, CURTIS & DAD SOUND LIKE A GOOD DEAL.
IS THIS GUY A KEEPER?? JUST ASKIN'.
I THINK SISTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE NOSEY!!!
AND STAY AWAY FROM THE OVEN NOW TOO

LAURA......GOD I HATE MEN LIKE THAT. ALWAYS THE PUBLIC PUTDOWN.
WE HAVE THE ASSorted FEW IN THIS TOWN WHICH IS ALSO RUN BY THE BOYS CLUB OF THE YEAR.
ALL THEY DO ALL YEAR IS HAVE PI S SING CONTENSTS AND EVERY NOW AND THEN UNZIP THEIR PANTS AND GET THE RULER OUT TO SEE WHO IS THE BOSS.
I AM SENSITIVE ABOUT STUFF LIKE THAT TOO.
WISH WE COULD BOTH JUST LET THE INANE COMMENTS ROLL OFF OUR BACKS.
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER VERY SOON SENDING A

MICHELLE....GLAD THE TIGHTNESS IS EASING AND HOPE DH FEELS BETTER TOO.
YOU AND I COULD USE A GOOD VACATION AND TAKE ANNIE WITH US TO GET HER AWAY FROM DANGEROUS THINGS!!!

CEEJAY.....I AM GLAD YOU'RE HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME AT THE SISTER'S HOUSE
AND THE BIRTHDAY WAS NICE TOO
HOW OLD IS THE GRANDAUGHTER NOW?? I FORGET
I LIKE SOENDING TIME WITH KIDS OIN & OFF.
THEY CAN BREATHE SUCH LIFE INTO A ROOM!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-31-2011 at 07:45 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:29 AM   #261  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey ladies -

Last night, I went to sleep at 7, and will hopefully be able to do the same tonight. I'm such a party animal...NOT! I'm really, really hoping that DH and I feel well enough to do something fun this Labor Day weekend. I have a lot of website work to do...but hopefully it won't take too long (famous last words...it ALWAYS takes longer than I predict). The most important thing on the agenda for the weekend is REST. I'm still exhausted, and so is DH. Oh well, we'll get over this crud. No worries.

I think I might take a nap in my car at lunch time. If I do, though, I'll probably move my car as I'm right in front and don't want people walking past while I'm trying to sleep.

I really, really, really wish it was Friday...or even Thursday. I have a lot of vacation days left to use, but since I missed so much work due to bronchitis, I feel funny about asking for any more time off.

Ceejay - I'm so glad you had a nice birthday with your uncles!! And so nice that you're enjoying the visit with your sister and her granddaughter! I love Applebees! I'm glad the Zyrtec is helping you.

Mel - I hope you're delegating all the decorating/moving work for the BBQ. I don't blame you for wanting it to be done and overwith after all you've been busy doing for the past few weeks. I hope you have a restful remainder of the week and weekend...you've got to take care of YOU. Can't believe the man told you the ambulance guys would bust down the door when they were already in the apartment. A vacation with you and Annie sounds like a blast! I'll pick Annie up on the way to your place, okay?

I'll check back later once the rest of the chicks have woken up.

Love and big hugs,
Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #262  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Everyone....

Took dad his pineapple upside down cake, a bag of my garden tomatos and a box of CD-Rs so he could record his music. He was in 7th heaven. Had a great visit too!

Curtis is coming to take me to lunch today. Wednesdays and Sundays are his days off. We are going to meet his parents (my first time). He says they will like me. Really, I do not care and am not at all nervous or stressing about it. Like big Whoop!

MELLIE...Love the peeps pix. I have to admit I copied it and emailed it to a few of my BFFs. It was just too cute not to share. Once the BBQ is over, you need to have several MELLIDAYS in a row. Taker easy, make some sun tea and kick back. When is John coming back and when is his final retirement date? Remind me, have they found a replacement? I thought you mentioned it but am fully into CRS. And Mellie, yes, so far this guy is a keeper. hehe

SHADDIE...are you down in the mines with all the men? I know you can hold your own with anybody, but really try to find some eye candy to knaw on. lol

CHELLE...hi honey girl. How are you feeling? How is DH? I am sending you a huge burst of energy and get well vibes....it just isn't fair how you have to go through this so many times. Hugs sweet sister.

CEEJAY...so glad your birthday was a great one! You certainly deserve the bestest ever. Applebees, yum I love that place....kids are the best, I am glad the baby girl cozied up to you. Makes the trip so worth it.

LAURA...people who make comments and intemidate others do that because they themselves are insecure. You should of smarted right back...I guess this elevator doesn't stop in H*LL where you need to get off..literally. lol Hope your cold is making it's way outta your life and planting on the exec...

HAPPY....come up for air sweetness. Don't forget to breathe. Did I miss your response to St. Joseph? Sending hugs..

Hope everyone is feeling better...and riding high!

Much love and many hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:39 AM   #263  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

CHELLE...you are the sneaker inner today.....I take naps in my car at lunch time also...heck sissy even goes with me and we take a nap together...how funny is that. Sweet dreams, my sista.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:47 AM   #264  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Glad to hear you had a special birthday and that you're now enjoying time w/ your sister and her gd. Glad the zyrtec worked well for you. I think the next time I take it, I'll only take a 1/2 tab.

Mel - Love that peeps graphic! Very cute. Wish you could just get someone else to oversee the BBQ prep - you need some rest! Unbelievable that people get you up unneccesarily. You better remind them of The Boy who Cried Wolf!!

Michelle - Sorry you're still tired out - are you off the drugs now though? Have a good lunchtime nap!! I hope you catch up and fully recover over the long weekend and have time to do something relaxing but FUN! Just because it's Labor Day weekend doesn't mean you have to work all weekend!! I would definitely try the Thundershirt, but I want to make sure the guarantee isn't so limited I can't return it if Coal isn't helped by it.

Annie - Your dad sounds like a character. I wish my mother lived in town so I could show her how awesome having internet and e-mail would be - she's the type who calls the library's reference desk for various and sundry information, LOL. I'd also think she'd LOVE having a DVR, but she went to the cheapest basic cable plan available so I know she wouldn't want to pay extra for the dvr box. She'll be using the vcr forever I think. I'd love to have a good comeback comment for the AHole bigshot, but that would be a CLM, career limiting move. And even though I'm not thrilled w/ my current career, it's the only one I have, so I better be careful. BTW, Happy said they would bury St. J. when they list the house for sale.

Hellos to Shad & Happy!!!
===
Nuttin' much to report. I left work early yesterday and took the 4:57 train. I took the 6 pm Circuit class. I sure like finishing up early, and bf does too. Maybe I need to shift my work schedule a bit so I can do that all the time.

After that, Bf & I went to Bed/Bath/Beyond to exchange our empty Sodastream CO2 cartridge for a full one. Love those BBB coupons, and it's nice they are nearby and stock the CO2. Bf uses the Sodastream to make seltzer constantly. I, however, haven't been using it much at all. And we haven't bought any soda in months. I'm just drinking water at home. At work I drink water and tea. At lunch I'll either have soda, iced tea, or water.

Dinner was a Chipotle burrito bowl. It was huge so I took some of it home.

Starting to worry about all there is to do before vacation. This probably isn't wise, but I'll probably cut back on the exercise classes the next couple week to do what needs to be done. The house needs a major cleaning. I would feel really guilty if bf's mom had to dogsit in a dirty house. I think I'll feel better if I start a list.

Okay, back to work.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #265  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Still alive and kicking. Hoping to get a mine tour later this morning in one of them thar big yellow trucks. The details are being worked out as we speak.

Home this afternoon and then I should have time to catch up on the gossip and everything. See you soon.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #266  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I GOT UP EARLY TO PUT THE FINISHING TOUCHES DOWNSTAIRS THEN I AM TAKING THE DAY OFF.
I NEED THE A/C & REST MUCH MORE THAN I NEED TO ATTEND A BBQ.
JOHN IS PLAYING KING OF THE GRILL. HOPE HE MAKES IT THRU THE DAY.
I'LL COME BACK HERE AND CHECK UP ON YOU GALS LATER.
HAVE A GREAT DAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:54 AM   #267  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Do not post here anymore. Got to Septembers thread. Click here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...s-o-n-f-i.html
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote