Old 08-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #31  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

No impulse buying on the shopping trip Mel!!!!!!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #32  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Enjoy your shopping Mellie. Do not overdue it.

I've been flat tack busy and then had to get my hair cut - more like getting the wool shorn. No I just want my bed. I'll be back tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:24 AM   #33  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I could use some extra hair Shad - send it over. Good night and a restful sleep to you.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #34  

Hi Happy, typing above my head.
Night all.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #35  

Morning all. Boss came back (from being away at meetings) with a bunch of follow-up items, and there are several picky little things taking me away from my two hot projects. Just checking in to say hello and give a quick update.

Threw in another load of laundry and then took doggy for a walk last night. As soon as we would stop walking - like to give doggy some water - the skeeters would be on us, so the water break was short and the rest of the walk brisk. Ugh. Came home and turned up the AC, then bf came home from his appt and wondered why we hadn't opened up the house. So we turned off the AC and opened the windows.

An hour or so later some jerk in the neighborhood was enjoying a backyard fire (or burning brush) at everyone else's expense. Aside from the strong smell, I noticed it in my lungs right away. We ended up closing everything up and turning the AC back on. Grrr.

That's my grumpy update. Back for personals at some point. Hope you're all having a good day. Friday for Shad - I'm jealous.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #36  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning all...woke up with a headache but think it is cause of no AC.

Rotisserie chicken here is 6 bucks. Just FYI.

You should see these beautiful cupcakes one of the girls brought in. They are from Gigi's. You should go on line and look at them.....so gorgeous..http://www.gigiscupcakesusa.com/indianapolis. OMG, I just went in the breakroom to pick up the box of cupcakes to get the website and dumped the last 5 cupcakes on the floor. THIS...MY FRIENDS...IS MY LIFE....welcome to it.

Shaddie...stop by on your lunch hour...sis will cut your hair for free. She has cut hair a couple of times here for girls and also has brought her waxing stuff and did their eyebrows.

Happy....I feel a house sell coming on with your name on it. Don't forget to bury St. Joseph upside down in your yard.

MELLIE...happy shopping and don't get overheated or too worn out. DO NOT GET SICK...you hear me? DO NOT GET SICK. Hugs to you sweet sister.

I think I need a working vacation. Who wants me? I will come visit and be your work slave. That is how I work my frustrations out....especially if it is outside work.

Gotta get busy...I have wasted enough man hours doing a bunch of nothing today.

Loves and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #37  
Annie - Indiana

Laura...you are my sneaker inner....I have to sleep with the windows open or I would suffocate with no AC. If it isn't the heat, it is the skeeters and bugs. Why must we be tortured so? I think when it comes to torture and tradegy, there is a sign above me that says, "pick me, pick me"...lol Love ya sis.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #38  
Annie - Indiana

When God leads you to the edge of the
cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only 1 of 2
things will happen, either He'll catch you when
you fall, or He'll teach you how to fly! 'The
power of one sentence! God is going to shift
things around for you today and let things work
in your favor. God closes doors no
man can open & God opens doors no man can
close...

Old 08-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #39  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Decided to take a vacation day from work...lots of errands to get done and website work. Plus, I think my brain just needed a break. I slept in a little later than usual, and decided I'd have more energy to tackle the day if I got my metabolism and endorphins going. So I went to the gym and walked against the current in the lazy river at my gym's mini-waterpark. I met a nice woman there, and we got to talking. Before I knew it, an hour had passed! After I get my errands and other stuff done today, I'll be going to Ball Zumba and a strength training class. Tomorrow, I'll be working from home and after work, going to the gym for some cardio.

This Saturday, I'm going to be getting a lot of walking in at State Fair with my walker. The fairgrounds are all paved...so rolling it won't be a problem. The only problem will be that when we go through the barns, the wheels might have to go through some "stuff". Luckily for my waistline, the deep-fried everything and other fattening foods at the fair don't really appeal to me. I'll probably get a baked potato, corn on the cob and a grilled chicken sandwich or kabob or something, and drink lots of water.

I haven't priced rotisserie chicken here...but now I'm curious if we get it even cheaper than Annie.

Happy - That sucks that you'll be losing $$ on the house. And that buyers won't even make an offer due to paint color. Sheesh, when we bought this house...DH kept reminding me specifically NOT to look at the paint color because that is easily and cheaply changed. I'm so sorry that the comp sales/prices are based on aging houses with no improvements/updates. I'm also sorry to hear that the two jobs you hoped for fell through. I do truly believe that all things happen for a reason, and something good will come your way. As to your question...DH and I sometimes go away for vacations...but that's mostly for long weekends and we take the doggies with us. With Doppler's and Mischief's medical issues, it's hard to board them...not to mention costly. To board 3 dogs costs around $75/day. It's hard for DH to get more than a few days off in a row, and his company calls them personal time off days so when he's out sick, it deducts from his "vacation". Where I work, when a person is out sick, it doesn't deduct from vacation. Also, he can roll over vacation from year to year, where I cannot. That's why I tend to use my vacation a day here and a day there. I wish I could've taken Friday off this week...but I have reports being implemented tomorrow. I hope the dentist appt went well.

Ceejay - I hope the doctor appt, B12 shot, boob squish and bone density test went well. Have a great time at the concert!!!

Annie - I'm so glad to hear the foot is doing better. But that majorly SUCKS about your A/C and the a**hole boss!!! You definitely deserve some good in your life. Lots of good! You got a great deal on diapers!! With such a big baby...maybe you should get TODDLER size diapers! We are very happy when DMIL is here. She got home to CA safely yesterday afternoon, but it's super hot there, they don't have A/C and her room has been used as storage while she's been here with us. If she didn't have important doctor appointments over the next month, she'd take the next flight back. I had to laugh about the cupcakes on the floor incident. If I were there, I would've thanked you for doing it and saving me from the temptation. Love your post about 2 things can happen at the edge of a cliff.

Laura - To me city life is foreign. I've always lived in either the 'burbs or the country. As a kid, I'd spend summers on my grandparents' farm in Vermont. If you're going to shop at Kohl's use the coupon I FB'ed. That coupon, combined with Kohl's cash can save you a bit of $$. My nice looking workout bottoms are all too small for me...so I wear regular cotton/knit elastic waist shorts. I'll get back into my nice clothes eventually. I just gotta keep moving and eating right. Sorry that the skeeters and the neighbor's backyard fire made you grumpy.

Shad - How's the new hairdo? Happy Friday, my friend!

Mel - I hope you didn't my anything at TJ's that's not 100% tummy friendly. Have a relaxing rest of your day, and do not overdo it or get sick! Annie and I will come after you with a if you get sick. (just kidding, but you know what I mean).

I really have to log off and start doing website work. Dang, the day is nearly half over! Later gators!

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 08-04-2011 at 12:40 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #40  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I MISS MY WILLY BOY!!! WILLY WAS IN THE HOSPITAL GETTING FANNY CYSTS REMOVED
AND CAN'T SIT IN THE BUS YET!!
GOD HOW I MISSED HIM TODAY. THE TJ PEOPLE ASKED WHERE MY DRIVER WAS AND I TOLD THEM HE'S OFF SICK....
NEXT THING I KNEW ALL THESE LOVELY YUPPY-TYPE "KIDS" WERE RUNNING ALL OVER THE STORE GETTING ME THINGS ON MY LIST.
I HAD A GREAT "VISIT" & caME HOME WITH LOTS OF YUMMY STUFF. TONITE IS BAKED ZITY.
NOT BIG PORTIONS BUT TRYING OUT A 1/2 CUP. IT'S HEATING AS I TYPE! I AM EXHAUSTED.
HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING THIS STRENUOUS IN MONTHS.
FEELS GOOD TO HAVE FOOD IN THE FRIDGE, FREEZER AND CABINETS THAT DIDN'T COME FROM THE FREAKING BABY AISLE!!!!!
I'LL POST THIS AND THEN EAT & DO PERSONALS.
HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT DAY.
EVEN THE WEATHER HERE COOPERATED!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-04-2011 at 04:02 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #41  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Mel - how nice of the TJ's "kids" to get stuff for you!! Baked Ziti sounds really yummy!! Now that you have food in the fridge, freezer and cabinets, just relax and "go traveling" via DVDs.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #42  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SOME HOW I HIT A KEY AND LOST MY ENTIRE POST
LET ME JUST SAY I READ EVERYONE'S POSTS AND SENDING HUGS AND GOOD THOUGHTS FOR HOUSE SALES, HEALING FEET, GOOD WEATHER, HAPPY WORK WEEKS EVEN WITH BAD BOSSES, JOB HUNTS AND DR APPOINTMENTS

SORRY BUT TOO TIRED TO TYPE IT ALL OVER AGAIN
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #43  

This morning it felt like the week had flown by, but now it feels like it s/b Friday! Probably because it's a gorgeous day outside and I wished I didn't have to go back to work. Oh well...plenty to do so it's best it isn't Friday. The boss will work from home tomorrow, so that's something.

Shad - How does your hair look? The boss came back today with a new shade - before she'd been gray, and now it's sort of a gingery brown. Hmmm. I'm a very dark brunette right now, but I'm having my salon gal very gradually get me back to medium brown, which is my natural color.

Annie - Great deal on the diapers. Whenever you hear about free diapers for life contests I always think that must come to some big $$ - and I'm sure they aren't counting adult diapers when someone hits their "golden years", snicker. Sorry the AC isn't an easy fix. You better get "you and your little dog too" over to dd's place to stay cool!!! Sorry to hear about the loss of the good boss and now reporting to the bad one. BOO!! Sorry, just had to laugh at the dropped cupcakes.

Happy - Sorry the job leads fell through. I had lunch w/ our dept's former manager yesterday and she's working w/ an outplacement firm and doing a lot of networking. Sounds like it's going to be a long road for her. Well, I guess this situation is motivating you as far as the home selling thing goes, so at least there's that...hang in there!!

Michelle - Good way to start out the day. I wish I could get my workouts over and done with in the early AM so they don't have the constant conflicts with "life", but it's just too hard (whine). Oh, yeh, the news is always reporting on the latest deep-fried something being sold at the fairs, and it never appeals to me. But you mentioned corn on the cob - yummmy! Love it! I forget exactly how much rotisserie chicken is at Costco, but I want to say it's either $4.99 or $5.99, and a great deal compared to the puny ones sold at our local supermarkets.

Mel - So nice the TJ kids helped you out in Willy's absence! Smart to just start w/ small portions and see how it goes w/ the "adult food". Take care m'dear.

Well, I just learned that one of the individuals from a vendor we work with has been terminated. Not happy - I liked her and she was handling one of our projects. Now we'll have to deal almost solely with someone with whom I have no rapport because this person tends to lecture and talks a lot but says little, if you know how that goes.

That's about it. Going to an exercise class tonight. I have to miss Saturday because I have a dentist appointment.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #44  

Morning all,
Better post something before my get up and go, gets up and goes - if you know what I mean.
Worked very hard yesterday and got a lot done which is a bonus, but there will still need to be stuff done today and no doubt Monday will bring a whole new set of problems. I have every intention of leaving here at least an hour early tonight.

Happy - Hope something comes of all the hard work and soon. I can't offer much advice on the work front, however have you tried the temping agencies? There comes a time when you have to try every avenue. I've been through that and now don't have to do it at the moment. Not to say we won't have to do it again.

Mel - happy food. Hope it went down well and you are set to join the adult human race again. DO NOT OVEREAT regardless of how good it tastes. Why shouldn't the staff run around and get things for you. It is called SERVICE.

Laura - hairdo is good - at least it was last night. My hairdresser has just set up in business with a friend and her salon only opened last night. I was their first late night customer and I came bearing champagne. K was not allowed to drink any until after my hair was cut Anyway, this morning it looks pretty good which is fortunate as I have no talent with hair.

Michelle - sometimes we just have to have a bit of downtime. The brain gives out or the body shouts no. We should listen to it, but because of our reliance on our jobs we have to soldier on.

Annie - Shame about the cupcakes, but these things happen. Come on down, I need digging done, concreting done, and I am going to hire a ditch witch shortly. You can clean out the roof cavity and curl up with the cat at night.
Samantha may not have to worry over big babies. My ex's family had big babies - I mean big. The smallest that I know of was 9lb 10oz and the biggest over 14lbs. I was freaking, but my guys ended up at 7.15 and 8.5 so it doesn't necessarily follow and the other thing that doesn't necessarily follow is that the big babies grow up big. The aforementioned 14 pounder didn't end up more than 5' 4" and weighed in hob nails about 130lbs.+

Any way - apologies to those I have missed. I'll be back. Better go strike a blow for retirement.

Last edited by Shad; 08-04-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #45  
Annie - Indiana

OMGoodness ladies...it is 1043 degrees in this house...I have all the windows and doors open with my two LITTLE fans going....talk about roasting...97 degrees out but supposed to get down to about 67 tonight...that means I will only toss and turn till about 1 am. Yeah!! Hella B looks at me like I have lost my mind..little does she know that it was gone long ago. I am calling the AC man tomorrow...don't know how I am going to pay for it, but **** I don't care. They will get what they get....

Isn't that something....I quit CVS and my AC goes out.....I have the luck of a homeless person. Hey, maybe I will stand on the exit ramp by my house and beg money....lol

I bought Megamillion and Powerball tickets for the office and one each for myself...now only if I have the winning numbers....please dear God, hear my prayers....I promise to share with all my sincere friends and the churches. I just want to pay off bills and make as many people as possible secure! AMEN. Now all you pray that prayer.......this is a chain keep it going...hahaha...but really pray!

Shaddie....I know what you mean about your get up and going, getting up and gone before you know it.....I have that trouble every day. If only I had the $$ I would be there in an instant...I would love to run the ditch witch....my x was in construction and know exactly what you are talking about. Concrete, sure...I know how to make handprints in the wet crete. digging...only if you supply the ritas. I am all yours, my adventurous sista...sleep well and dream the good stuff.

MELLIE...dang it, I hate it you lost your post cause they are so entertaining. Please try not to do that again. You keep me laughing and happy. I love ya my sista and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH TO YOU!!! Party all month long...you deserve it.

Laura...I love the reference to Wizard of Oz....your little dog too!! As in the 4th grade I play the wicked witch which I have mentioned before on here...Ya HAHA...lol. Funny thing about those cupcakes...everyone "kind of" thanked me but those cupcakes have about 3" of icing so it only eliminated about 2" of icinig. Still very fattening...believe it or not the silly saps I work with ate the cupcakes anyway, even tho they looked like a diaster...Glad you got to exercise tonight....do a little for me each time...maybe I will tone up via virtual exercising. I look like a fat, glob, of wrinkly gunk.

Chelle...keep up the great exercise routine...glad you did the lazy river thing, it sounds like more fun than exercise to me, I would probably like it....I bet you MIL will be back before she is scheduled...I really believe she likes living with you all better. ****, I like living with you all better and I am not really there.

Heys to the rest of yuns.....

love and hugs.