Old 08-09-2011, 12:25 AM   #76  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh Annie - I'm soooooo very glad that your a/c repair was so affordable. YAY!!!!! Someone is looking out for you Hope you are sound asleep all cuddled in a nice soft blanket in a COOL house.

Shad - are you offering to come over and take down the wallpaper?

I have to try and get some sleep. Just sick over the stock market and worrying about so many things. Maybe we will all wind up in the soup lines. Good thing I make good soup. Night all...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:16 AM   #77  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Soup may be all we can afford shortly. Better get that garden growing.
Census night here. Don't let me forget.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:46 AM   #78  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES

YESTERDAY WAS ALL GOOD. THE AUDITORS ARE COMING TODAY FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS.
BOOKKEEPERS HAVE BEEN STAYING LATE AND I'VE BEEN LOCKING UP LATE SINCE LAST WEEK BUT WE ARE READY.
IT SHOULD BE 3 QUIET DAYS FOR ME UNLESS THEY CALL ME DOWNSTAIRS TO EXPLAIN WHY I GE MY MEGA-MILLIONS FROM HOUSING!!
DON'T LAUGH JUST YET.....THEY CALLED ME DOWN TWICE IN 24 YEARS.
JEN CALLED AND THEY ARE ALMOST DONE WITH SUMMER VISITING.
TICKETS WERE BOUGHT AND I PRINTED OUT THE BOARDING PASS.
RICHIE HAD CUT HIS FINGER AT WORK ON THE FUR TRIMMING BLADE.
HE GOT INFECTED AND DAMN NEAR LOST A FINGER....3 GOT INFECTED.
LOTS OF ANTIBIOTICS AND NO WORK FOR HIM. DR SAID YESTERDAY THAT HE CAN GO BACK TODAY.
AT LEAST HE GOT TO SPEND TIME WITH THE KIDS.
I NEED SOME FOOD AND GOING TO PEDAL EARLY TODAY.
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE

ANNIE....I AM SO RELIEVED THAT THE BILL WAS LOW BUT $68 FOR LABOR IS UNREAL.
WE COULD PROBABLY HAVE INSTALLED THAT FOR FREE! THANK GOD THE A/C IS WORKING.
THEY SAY THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER ARE FAR FROM OVER.

HAPPY....DEAD MOUSE?!?!? I WOULD HAVE FREAKED OUT.
I KNOW IT'S NOT FUNNY BUT I DO BETTER WITH DEAD BODIES THAN ANIMALS. NOW COME TO THINK OF IT I WONDER WHY?!?!
I AM PROBABLY GOING NUTS! HOPE YOU MAKE IT THRU THE WEEK AND I AM SORRY TO HEAR AGAIN ABOUT THE WALLPAPER.
EVERYTHING SHE SAID SO FAR I HEARD ON THAT SHOW I MENTIONED. PEOPLE ARE GETTING VERY FUSSY!! W
HAT HAPPENED TO BUYERS JUST GETTING THE HOME AND DOING IT THEMSELVES FORGET ABOUT THE STOCK MARKET....
THERE IS NOTHING ANY OF US CAN DO ABOUT IT. THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!! LESS STRESS = BETTER SLEEP!!

CEEJAY....STEAMING SIDEWALKS!! YIKES!! BUT THAT IS HOW IT FELT HERE TOO. GLAD THERE WAS NO FEEDBACK ON THE VALVES....
THEY KNOW YOU DO YOUR BEST THE OTHER DAY SOMEONE HANDED ME THEIR CE LPHONE....911 WAS GIVING THEM A HARD TIME....
I WAS ON MY OWN PHONE WITH THE COPS...I ASKED THE LADY TO HOLD ON AND SHE GOT SNOTTY SO I HUNG UP!
GLAD YOU CAN TAKE YOURS OFF THE HOOK. GREAT IDEA.

MICHELLE....HANG IN THERE!! HOPE THE DAY GOT BETTER.

*****DON'T FORGET CENSUS NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!******************************** *********************************
SHAD........HOPE YOU ARE FEELING MUCH BETTER NOW. KEEP THOSE DOLLARS HIDDEN AND SAVED.
THE FUTURE IS LOOKING BLEAK! WE MAY ALL END UP IN A COMMUNE!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-09-2011 at 06:52 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #79  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies -

I'm really sick. My throat is so sore and feels like it's swollen almost shut. I have an awful cough and no voice. I'm going to try and get to the doc today. Summer colds SUCK!

Mel - I'm so sorry to hear about Richie's accident at work! I hope his hand is doing better.

Annie - Glad you got the A/C fixed. That sucks about the high labor charges...but glad the overall bill was relatively low. Hope you had fun at dinner.

Shad - Did you do your census? Yesterday was just the day from **** here. Hopefully today will be better, despite this nasty cold and my lungs full of crud.

The frustrating part is that all I want to do is stay home in bed...but I've got so many high priority last minute reports dumped on my desk that I have meetings every single fooking day this week. I'd better go finish up the reports and the accompanying paperwork.

Sorry for the lack of personals.

Love and hugs to all my worldly friends,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #80  
Choose your hard

Good morning fine ladies of the world,

We are finally getting some much needed rain and with it a blessed drop in temperatures. It's a gentle soaking rain too. Just what we need. Cat is not happy about it, means she will spend the day on the porch but at least she can be outside.

Mel - I guess it's a buyers market on houses and since there are alot of properties and buyers know it's hard to sell, they are being more demanding. Funny that everyone - including Laura said that they overlooked superficial things in their current houses because they had the underlying things they really wanted. Perhaps today's buyers are not the roll your sleeves up, personalize your house kind of people that we are With the stock market crashing and everything in turmoil I am really afraid for the future. DH told me that there are flocks of wild turkeys going through the yard - one set of parents had 8 babies. I told him that he better start looking up recipes to cook them (unlike traditional turkeys, these are not the eating kind - skinny and very tough). We were kidding around about not being able to afford food and living off the land. Good thing we like fish as the lakes are well stocked. Not only will I have a large garden Shad, but one of my "toys" on the wish list is a greenhouse so I can extend out the growing season. In fact, just about all my wish list for the new house is things that we can use to save money. Now... if only we can get there.

Mel I hope that you don't get the bright light and the third degree questioning to justify your 58 cents "huge salary" and perks on the job So ridiculous. Hopefully the audit goes well. OMG - poor Ritchie!!!! can't they catch a break???? I hope the drugs do their thing - 3 fingers infected? Wow. Sitting at a desk job one kind of forgets just how dangerous some work can be. I hope he heals up quickly. Happy pedalling - swing by and I'll make you a nice smoothie.

Shad - interesting Census you have sounding from your post on FB. Glad you were counted among the masses. So what's this ironing of work pants thing? Do you wear khakis or linen type pants? Always hated ironing pants myself.

Annie - hope you woke up all rested and cheerful and ready to take on the world after a good night's sleep in a cool house. Once again I am glad the repair bill was not in the 7 digits and nothing other than a part had to be replaced.

Laura - I agree to take good care of the teeth - especially when you get to the point where the only fix is an expensive crown. AND for every tooth you get worked on, that means the night guard is less and less likely to fit. So brush and floss and if you are blessed with good, strong teeth be grateful As for getting older I think men always look at themselves as 20 and hot and don't really want to acknowledge getting older. Everyone else ages but them - sort of like how I look at some of the rock stars of my era - I see them and go geez - you got old. But of course I did too - just don't see it as much. There is a young girl in our area at work. She is in her early 20's. Everything is perky and tight on her - flat stomach, tiny butt, perky chest and she is cute and has nice hair. Sometimes I look at her and think, once upon a time I used to look like that and it's a bit melancholy because I know I will never look like that again even if I did get to goal weight. But then I also won't have years of cramps, pimples, learning to adjust life with a significant other and about 45 more years of working ahead of me and that cheers me right up so after BF gets past his funk, in about 10 more years he will probably still critique the females but be glad he's the age he's at.

Michelle - hope you got your good sweat on yesterday and worked off the stress. Sounds like work is uber busy. Maybe today will be more quiet for you

Ceejay - don't you have voicemail at work where people can leave a message while you are out wrestling with the valves? Sounds like you have a pretty physical job.

Ellen

I should get going now. Hope you all have a wonderful day. I hope the stock market takes back a little bit of a gain while I still have 3 or 4 dollars left.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #81  
Choose your hard

Aww Michelle summer colds ARE the worst. Take some tea and honey to work, pick up some Mucinex on the way in and I'm sorry but I have no recommendations on trying to get over the dead dog tired that comes with being sick. Feel better my friend
Old 08-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #82  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chicklets..........

The house is blissful. Slept pretty good, only waking up once, then went right back to sleep. Just wanted to stay in bed all day...as soon as I hit the lottery, none of us chicklets will have to worry about anything again...

The Melting Pot was absolutely delish....3 types of cheese fondue. Harvarti/Swiss with a broth base, Cheddar with Beer, and a Mexican Fiesta cheese. We had bread-3 types- and taco chips for dipping. Very tasty. The dessert was 3 types of chocolate fondue...a dark, a turtle and a peanutbutter one, I didn't eat any of that since I don't like chocolate. I did eat some of the strawberries and cheesecake and bananas. My friends granddaughter came with her 2 yr old and newborn, both little angels and good as gold. I got to hold the newborn for about an hour...made my night. It was all yum however I don't think worth the cost.

CHELLE...I thought I told you no more colds or sickness. God love you sista. Sending get well vibes your way and many hugs....hope work doesn't get you down even further. Get to the doctor like yesterday, and start on some meds before you get too far gone.

SHADDIE...another day, barely another dollar. Hope your strategies and reading lists are coming about to suit your needs.

HAPPY...repeat after me...one day at a time, do not worry about tomorrow, only today....the stock market will come back and all will be fine. The house will sale and you will be on your way to "HAPPY" land. Pun intended. I, too, have some great soup recipes, so we should be set and maybe be able to start our own soup line.

LAURA....hope the TOM headache is clearing up...glad I don't have that anymore...I just have plain headaches...lol..not TOM ones. Glad to hear the dentis went well and no $$ have to be spent on new stuff....tell BF not to be in a funk about aging, it could be a lot worse, rigormortis.

MELLIE....hope the audit is going well and they are not badgering you over you underpayments you receive for all you do. Just give them a smack down. Sorry to hear about Richie's finger but also happy he didn't lose them...that is the bright side.

CEEJAY...I understand what your co-worker means about grown kids being a PIA. I love mine dearly, however, they can sure break your heart and cost you money at times.

ELLEN....hidee ho sista!

Guess I need to get busy, I have played around all morning. Had oats and a tomato for breakfast oh and about 10 almonds. Kind of a weird combination, but all sounded good and were. Didn't bring lunch and all I have is a cucumber and a tomato, haha.

Loves and Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Yeah with the cost of a.c. repair. Doing the happy dance with you You deserve a night off with the women friends.

Laura
I got that lecture from the dentist a couple of years ago. I take my calcium and vitamin d faithfully now. I need to schedule for a cleaning. My grocery bills are low due to the fact I cook only on the day's off. I eat out most of the time.

Happy
Sorry the dh had had a bad trip.

Mel
I want to bury my head in the sand also reason concerning all the news coming out of Washington. My supervisor and I were watching the news as he was passing through the plant and it flashed on that municipalities may be at risk of having lay off's. I'll really need to watch my pennies from now on.

Shad
I'm with you on with the number aspect of life. You are as young as you feel.
-----
We've had a low/cool front to come through and we had a temp this morning of 74 degree's on the way to work. It felt so good to breathe some fresh air.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #84  

Morning all. Stayed home today. My TOM headache eased up in the afternoon but returned in the evening. I took aleve but it did nothing & I was awake much of the night. I could tolerate a constant pain, but this one was like being stabbed in the back of my skull a few times a minute. Took some advil early in the am and it finally eased up. Going to stick w/ the advil today& hope it works. Feeling twinges at the moment.

Michelle, feel better soon!!

Ceejay - yeh our grocery bill would be higher but we eat out a good amount...

Annie - that fondue sounded delish!

Happy - from a feral cat to wild turkeys!!! . Actually, bf (and his brothers) have been bemoaning their balding heads for years, but it was more of a hereditary mourning, not the aging type.

Shad- Yes I agree that age is more about attitude, and if we work to keep ourselves healthy it's not a huge crisis... IF we can get around the age discrimination.

Hello Ellen!!

Well doggy is whining so I'll get him to go out in the yard. Weather seems cooler today. Might sit out for a bit myself until the skeeters find me. Or maybe I'll just stay in the 3 season room.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #85  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey my friends -

I went to the doc. Not strep, not bronchitis...just a combination of a sinus infection/throat infection that is making my asthma worse due. It's a virus...so no antibiotics. But she did give me high doses of prednisone. Great! I get to turn into a raving beotch (DH will LOVE that - NOT!), gain weight, have insatiable hunger, and get bloated for the next 5 days. She also said to use my nebulizer as needed. Dandy. But if it will keep the airways clear.

Laura - I hope your TOM headache and any other TOM symptoms ease up soon.

Thanks to all y'all for the get well wishes. I wish I could go home to sleep...but too much sh*t to get done here at work. I might go home at lunch and work from home this afternoon.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #86  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Chelle..glad you went to the doc and got on top of this before it gets really bad....feel better sweet sister...Hugs.

Laura....hate it your head is giving you troubles. Hope you too, feel much better soon.

Ceejay...our cool front is supposed to come through tonight, of course, now that the AC is fixed...lol.

Have a great night all...much love and many hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #87  

Mel
Tell the auditor's and office to leave you alone the next few day's. Ouch for Richie's finger.

Michelle
Wish you could have stayed home today to take care of your self. Feel better soon. I truly understand about predisone.

Happy
Think you'll like living in the "wild". I got excited about seeing a couple of turkey last Saturday while driving around in the country side.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #88  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS

I HAD A GREAT DAY YESTERDAY. SUPREME SILENCE!! LOL
ONLY CALL I GOT WAS FROM JEN AND EVEN THE SENIORS WERE HAPPY TO NAP.
IT MUST BE THE FIGHT BETWEEN THE SUN VS RAINY WEATHER PUTTING EVERYONE TO SLEEP.
I AM SO CONGESTED FROM THE SINUS AND RAIN IT'S NOT FUNNY.
LOTS OF MEDS AND ALONE TIME HELPED A LOT. HOPING FOR MORE OF THAT TODAY AND TOMORROW
I'VE BEEN CATCHING UP WITH GET WELL CARDS FOR THOSE THAT ARE IN THE HOSPITAL STILL
AND DOING A LOT OF SHREDDING WITH MY LAST RECERT WITH SOCIAL SECURITY.
IT'S FINALLY OVER AND I GOT ALL MY PAPERS RETURNED.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY....I THINK YOUR WEATHER ARRIVED TODAY. IT WAS COOLER AFTER LAST NIGHTS RAIN.
JEN SAID IT WAS A LOT COOLER OUT BY HER. LAYOFFS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE.
GOOD IDEA TO BE SAVING OUR PENNIES....WE TALKED ABOUT CUTTING BACK ON SPENDING
AND SOCKING SOME AWAY AGAIN TOO. WE ALL BETTER START STUFFING OUR MATTRESSES!!

MICHELLE.....SORRY TO HEAR YOU'RE SO SICK. YOU GET WELL SOON
HOPE THE DR WAS ABLE TO HELP.
EDIT: glad the dr gave you the meds and hope you'll be better soon.

HAPPY.....HOW RIGHT YOU ARE ABOUT THE BUYERS OF TODAY. SAD FOR THE SELLERS.
THANK GOD THE MARKET WENT UP YESTERDAY.
SOME OF NTHE TRADERS WERE LOOKING LIKE THEY WERE GOING TO KILL THEMSELVES ON MONDAY!!!
THE GREENHOUSE IS SUCH A GREAT IDEA. ALWAYS WANTED ONE OF THEM.
MY GGM HAD A FLORAL BUSINESS AND ALSO SOLD ROSE BUSHES, SHRUBS ETC.
SHE HAD GREAT GREENHOUSES...THE OLD WOODEN AND GLASS ONES WITH
INTERCHANGEABLE SCRREENS AND WINDOWS. THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

ANNIE....SOON YOU WILL HAVE A NEWBORN ALL YOUR OWN TO HO,D FOR AS MANY HOURS AS YOU WANT
THE MELTING POT SOUNDED GREAT. I REMEMBER MANY YEARS AGO WHEN FONDUE WAS SO POPULAR.
JEN WAS ABOUT 2 YRS OLD!! EVERYONE WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A FONDUE POT!!
GLAD TO HEAR ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND YOU GOT TO SLEEP IN COMFORT!!

LAURA.....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE TOM & HEADACHE. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY.
GET WELL SOON HOPE THE ADVIL FINALL DID THE TRICK

HELLO SHADDIE & ELLEN.

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-10-2011 at 06:34 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #89  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

DH gave me a scare yesterday. He went off his blood pressure medicine (with doctor's permission) because he was having bad side effects. He took the b/p machine with him and has been checking it. It was steadily going up. Said he didn't feel good yesterday and was almost going to check himself into the hospital (the house is just down the road from the hospital as we ALWAYS live in spitting distance of a hospital ) He was going to go to the emergency room then decided he didn't want to be checked in for any length of time He called his doctor and they gave him a different medication. Thank heavens for Walgreens drug stores (chemist to you Shad) being all over the country. Of course Walmart has a pharmacy too. He got new meds and said within an hour of taking them, he felt much better. RELIEF for both of us. I woke up this morning with chest pains too. Every night I am dreaming about the drama at work. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about it. Told myself this morning that I need to calm down and find a way to go on with my life peacefully. Between the house, the job, the stock market - it's a very nerve wracking experience. Neither of us need a stroke or heart attack as the "cherry topping on the cake right now". I think my chest pains are related to my gut being up in arms too. Breathe deep I did go for a night swim last night. There is a light in the pool so it glows the most beautiful turquoise blue at night. The moon was 2/3 full and shining and I could see a part of the Big Dipper constellation above my head. It is finally getting a little cooler though the water was comfortable. It's dipping into the 70's at night so the water will start to cool off. Probably only 3 more weeks of comfortable swimming conditions so I am going to try and make the most of it, even if I only get 30 minutes in.

Mel - if Ellen has Mt. Washmore you have Mt. Papermore Don't get a paper cut! Glad things were quiet for you. Yes, it's scary to think about what the future might bring but we can only take a day at a time like Annie says. Hope Mr. Sunshine makes an appearance on the east coast for you.

Michelle- although I'm glad you don't have bronchitis, I'm sorry that you need the steroids to make you well again. Don't focus on the disappointment of the effects, just keep plugging along. Steroids can't take away the endorphins. At least you know you didn't stuff yourself with cream puffs

Laura - hope your headache eased up. My sister has the same problems. Nothing much you can do but ride it out it seems. Hope you are feeling better today. At least for the guys bald / closely shaved heads are in style now - but what are WE girls to do?

Annie - glad you enjoyed the Melting Pot. We went there once - felt like you did. Nice to try and on the pricy side. We had other places we liked better for that kind of cash. I didn't dip the dessert pieces in chocolate either and they were just as good Oh you are so going to just love up your new grandchild. Sissy will probably have to pry the kid away from you Oh that great smell of fresh baby clothes. (not the puky ones). Thank you for all your words of comfort - means alot

Ceejay - I didn't realize there were wild turkeys out this way. The only wild turkeys we have here are "in dah hood" While it's hard to look at it, they say we should keep an eye on our investments. Just hard to keep from panic selling. We cashed out of the market despite the protests of our (not so good) financial advisors. We are at an age where we can't afford to lose 30% of our income in a market tank. They tell us "you are too nervous to be in the market" we say "THAT's what we pay YOU for to manage our accounts - to mitigate that risk for us". They always tell you the same line of junk and we have been burnt 3 times. No one cares about your money more than YOU do. So save up and watch your pennies.

Shad - hope you are doing well. How's the new job going?

I have to get rolling now. Everyone have a good hump day.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #90  

Happy Hump Day
I'm so glad it's Wednesday. We have another front coming through this morning and this one may be packing a punch with it. I'll need to pay more attention to the plant today.

-----
Shad
Are you buried underneath all that papaer work?

Happy
Glad your DH made the phone call to the doctor. BPs are not anything you want to play around with. Will he be coming back this week end.
Glad you got to enjoy the pool last night. We have turkey and deer both in this area just have to be lucky to see them. We saw 5 deer in the middle of the road on the way to church one Sunday morning.

Mel
Enjoy another quiet day. I've got to tackle Mt Washmore this weekend.