Old 08-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #241  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MELLIE....got up wondering about you. So glad you are ok. Hugs and hope your power stays on...xoxoxox
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #242  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick post....

Mel - I'm so glad you're on high ground and doing okay. I hope the power stays on for you. Stay safe, dear sista. I'm watching the news and it looks really bad in NY and NJ. Please, please, please stay safe and dry, Mellie. I'm saying prayers for all my friends and family in the Northeast.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #243  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Mel - I'm glad to hear that while you are getting pounded with the rain, you are on high enough ground to be ok. that the power stays on for you. Just hunker down and keep the seniors calm. Had to laugh that the officials tryed to outfox you showing up early but forget getting up mighty early to beat Mel - just DON'T GO TO SLEEP It looks like the media is sensationizing the stories while the online posters are saying it's not as bad as they made it out to be. Guess as always, it depends on where you are at the moment. Looks like alot of it has blown north at this point. Get the men busy with the mops!

Michelle - be careful mowing today. Don't you both go tuckering yourselves out!

Annie - how is your hand feeling?

Shad - it was good talking with you yesterday. I appreciate the phone call! We did have a few good much needed laughs. And came up with the Sept thread title.

Laura - enjoy the nice weather you are having. What TV show were you watching?

Ceejay - did you have a nice celebration yesterday?

I need to hop in the shower and get some things done before the day is over. Happy Sunday - a little for all of us.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #244  

Hello to all the Worldlies!

Mel- glad to hear you're all ok. Hope the power stays on!!

I did a zumba toning class this AM - really good. On my 3rd Load of laundry, and wanting to get in lunch and a bike ride b/4 the movie tonight. Plenty of time yet.

Everyone take care.

Last edited by Laura705; 08-28-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #245  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Up and at 'em, just like Mellie. DS2 is taking me to the airport (he wants to use my car during the week) in a few minutes.
Managed to get the packing to 13.4Kg including my boots, computer and mine gear except for the hard hat. Will have to use one of theirs. I'm not pushing my luck any further and will carry todays shirt and my jacket.

Mel - so pleased to hear that you all survived the night and that the officials were on the job early this morning. Just take care out there, things may have shifted during flight (to quote an airline I know) and you never know what you might find out there.

Happy - good to talk to you too. I will let you know if I can't get on line to put up the new thread and you can do it for me.

Time to wake up sleeping beauty and get on with my day. Why does the weekend always go so fast *sigh* and it is only 4.45am on a Monday.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #246  
Choose your hard

I keep looking at the pool with whistfullness... would love a swim, just no time to work one in. I did have a nice soak in the new tub the other night - it was wonderful.

Glad to hear all is in order with the chicks.

Safe travels Shad. Hope you find a spare locker to use for the trip.

I am off to cook dinner - grilled chicken legs, home made cole slaw, corn on the cob and some chilled fresh pineapple and strawberries. Yum. I hate to grocery shop anymore but love having all this good fresh stuff to put on the table.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #247  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS.

IT'S SO COOL & SUNNY OUTSIDE THAT YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW THE WEEK WE'VE HAD
I AM DELIVERING THE REPORTS AND COMING BACK UPSTAIRS.
EVERYTHING IS WRITTEN DOWN & BESIDES I SPOKE TO ALL BOSSES YESTERDAY.
I DID WIN A MAJOR BATTLE WITH A BOSS MAN DURING THE WORST OF THINGS & I BELIEVE HIS RESPECT ALSO.
SOMETIMES THESE GUYS ARE SO STRESSED OUT THEY FORGET WHAT SENIORS CAN & CANNOT DO.
NOW IT IS TIME FOR THE DO NOT DISTURB SIGN ON THE DOOR & RECHARGE MYSELF & MY CEL PHONE
I WAS GOING TO MAKE PLANS TO EAT OUTSIDE BUT RETHINKING THAT IDEA.
IT WOULDN'T BE VERY RELAXING WHEN THE SENIORS FIND ME THERE.
MAYBE LUNCH BY THE WINDOW WITH A VIEW....THE PARKING LOT!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

SHAD.....I WAS GOING TO TRY AND SURPRISE YOU WITH A CALL BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED. SAFE TRAVELS AND I WILL MISS YOU

HAPPY......YOU WILL HAVE TO BE MY GO TO PERSON THIS WEEK IF MOTHER NATURE SENDS ANYTHING ELSE THIS WAY GRILLED CHICKEN & FRUIT SOUNDED GREAT BE RIGHT THERE!
SORRY YOU NEVER GOT INTO THE POOL BUT THE NEW TUB MUST HAVE FELT GOOD.

ANNIE....SENT A PM TO YOU WITH MY # IN CASE MORE CRAP hAPPENS.
HOPE YOUR FINGER IS BETTER AND YOU CAN WORK OK THIS WEEK.
THANKS FOR CHECKING IN.

MICHELLE....HOPE THIS WEEK HELPS YOU & DH GET BACK TO NORMAL AND BREATHING EASIER
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:00 AM   #248  
Choose your hard

Good morning girls,

No Mel beating me in here this morning? I hope that doesn't mean that the power is out. I'm tired. Neither I nor DH are sleeping very well. Keeping each other awake I guess. Didn't get to near as many things as I wanted to do. Sometimes the old bod' just says enough for the moment.

The temps are finally starting to dip - was refreshingly cool in the morning today. Ah Autumn is just around the corner. Can't say I'm sad to bid this summer bye bye.

Shad - I can certainly post the September thread if you can't get access to the site.

I'd better go get ready for work. Will check back in at lunchtime.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #249  
Choose your hard

Guess Mel was hovering about my head while I was posting. Usually I notice her, she must have soggy shoes and is more quiet Glad to hear you weathered the storm ok. I'm sure alot of people will be grousing that the preparation was overkill. I don't think so myself - but in these situations you can't win for losing - no matter what someone won't be happy.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #250  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Monday morning -

I overdid it just a bit over the weekend, and by yesterday afternoon, I was exhausted. DH grilled out again for dinner, which was yummy. I fell asleep by 7 pm. But I did get the mowing done yesterday morning...and I wore a mask and we closed all the windows to keep the nasty grass pollens or whatever out of the indoor air. It was cool enough yesterday that the house never got too warm, and we finally opened it up in the evening.

DH was still coughing and wheezing a lot this weekend. In fact this morning, he was complaining that he was really tired of coughing and having trouble breething. I reminded him that he has PNEUMONIA and that pneumonia can take weeks to get over. He promised that if he doesn't feel better, or starts to feel worse, he will go back to the doctor.

I finally finished my one BIG website project...and now can move on to juggling the several smaller projects that were on the back burner.

I've been watching the news off and on all weekend...Irene sure packed a wicked punch in some areas. Thankfully other areas weren't hit as hard as expected. This morning they were showing Vermont (one of the states where I lived as a child) where streets looked like raging rivers.

I just heard from my cousins in NJ...one lives in Dumont, and the other lives a bit south of Old Bridge. Both are doing fine and sustained no damage, even though there was a lot of flooding and downed trees near them.

Mel - I saw parts of New Jersey on the news...looks like some areas were really hard hit. I'm relieved that you and your building made it through okay. I'm so glad that you got help and that people checked on you and the building. Good for you for winning the battle with the boss man. It's crazy that people forget what seniors can and cannot do. I saw on the news yesterday a reporter was interviewing a group of seniors in an assisted living building. They were staying put...not evacuating...because there was no way to know if the shelter they would be evacuating to had the facilities to care for them. They figured they were safer staying put. Enjoy your "Do Not Disturb" day. You've certainly earned it. I sent you a PM with my phone number so you can call me whenever you want or need to. Did you get my message on the answering machine?

Laura - Good for you for doing Zumba toning! How was the movie? I've heard that both the book and the movie are really good.

Shad - I'm very impressed that you were able to cull the packing down so well! I hope the work in Mudgee goes smoothly.

Happy - Bummer that you can't find time for a swim, but at least you're enjoying the new tub. Your dinner last night sounds so yummy!! Wish I was there! I hope that you and DH are able to start sleeping again soon. With all the stress you're under, being exhausted doesn't help. It was cool this morning here too. I'm going to miss summer...especially since I was sick for the past 3 weeks of it. If Autumn is just around the corner, I hope it's nice and long. It wouldn't bother me if we didn't get winter until after Thanksgiving. You're right that a lot of people will be saying that the storm prep was overkill...they do that all the time here when tornado warnings are issued. I believe it's much better to be over-prepared than under-prepared in the event of a natural disaster.

Ceejay - Hope you had a great weekend!

Annie - Did you have a fun weekend with Curtis? How was your brother's band's gig? How is the finger?

Well, the pile of work on my desk isn't getting any smaller...so I'd better get to it.

Love and hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 08-29-2011 at 09:58 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #251  

Morning all. Is it Monday already??!!

Mel - Have a great DND day! Glad all is well, and I bet it's nice to see clear skies and sunshine.

Michelle - Sorry you wore yourself out! Hope you can take it easy (easier) after hours now that the big web project is finished. The movie The Help was very good. Usually I'm disappointed in the movie compared to the book, but this was good. The book, of course, was better, but that's par for the course.

Happy - I'm enjoying the nice weather we've been having, but not ready for summer to end yet. We're supposed to get a warmup on Thurs/Fri.

Annie - Hope your hand/finger is doing okay. How was your weekend? How did your dad like your bro's band? Did he enjoy his draft beers?

Ceejay - Hope you had a wonderful B-day weekend!! And are you off to see your sister today? Enjoy yourself.

Shad - Hope your travels went well. Meant to tell you I still have a pair of steel-toed shoes that was required for a work assignment I was on years ago. I have never needed them again, so maybe I should just get rid of them...

Hey Ellen - what's up? Hope all's well with you and the family!
===
Nothing much to report. Think I'm gonna skip the exercise class tonight and do them on Tues & Thurs. this week. Four more classes left on my passport!

Still having a bit of congestion, but if what I have is a cold, it's fortunately very mild and not much trouble at all. Asthma symptoms not bad at all.

Feeling a bit sore today and I would just love to have a massage. Maybe I can get bf to give me one tonight. I also need to remember to adjust my side of the bed - we have one of those sleep number beds and for whatever reason it's feeling firmer than I usually have it. Which is strange because when it gets cooler it usually doesn't do that - it's the warm air that expands and makes the bed feel firmer...hmmm Anyway, we try not to adjust the bed when Coal is in the bedroom because the sound of the pump sort of freaks him out.

Okay, the work ain't doin' itself, dang it. TTFN.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:50 PM   #252  
Annie - Indiana

Here we are at Monday again.....man o man.

Bro's band was awesome. I danced my shorts off. Asked dad if he wanted to dance with me and he said "not just then but maybe in a bit". OMG I laughed at him. Too cute. Yep, by golly he slammed his beers down. My nephew and one of his buddies came and started buying shots. Thank God Curtis was driving. Was a pretty rough day yesterday, got up still a little tipsy and thirsty. Took a big gulp of ice water and was drunk all over again. Still moving a little slow today.

MELLIE...glad to hear you are still hanging in there and not floating around the state. The news channel keeps showing how awful it is out there. Stay safe sista.

CHELLE....let's go over this again....DO NOT OVER DO IT!!! and what is your first statement in your post. I am on my way to whoop up on you sista. How do you expect to get any better if you do not rest? Now knock it off, get it, got it, good! Love yas anyways sweet sista....

SHADDIE...you be careful down in the mines with all those men...lol

LAURA...I would love a massage also. I guess our commune will have to have a massage therapist on board also.

HAPPY....your grilled dinner sounds absolutely wonderful. YUM! Glad to see you are still hanging in there with everything.

CEEJAY...how was the birthday celebrations?

Gotta get going...take care...love and hugs
Old 08-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #253  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING EVERYONE.
STILL RESTING UP. THE SUN IS OUT. NOTHING NEW.
JUST A BIT TIRED STILL.
SHORT POST WHILE I AM ON VACATION
HAVE A SUPER DAY

HAPPY.....WAS VERY AUTUM-LIKE HERE TOO. WINDOWS OPENED AND A REAL BREEZE
. TOO BAD MY SINUSES DIDN'T LIKE IT
HOPE YOU TWO CAN GET SOME GOOD SLEEP SOON.
THIS BOD HAS HAD ENOUGH TOO. I HEAR YA.

MICHELLE...YES I GOT THE MESSAGE AND THINK I SENT YOU AN ANSWER. HOPE SO.
SORRY IF I DIDN'T. JUST TOO TIRED STILL TO THINK. HOPE YOU AND DH FEEL BETTER EVERY DAY.
DH NEEDS TO STAY AWAY FROM GRILLS AND OUTDOORS STUFF.
THE A/C SHOULD BE RUNNING AND FILTERING HIS AIR OR HE WILL JUST KEEP COUGHING. POOR GUY. HUGS FOR BOTH

LAURA....POOR COAL!! HE PROBABLY WONDERS WTF?!?!?!?!
HOPE YOUR MILD COLD STAYS THAT WAY AND YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.
NO GETTING SICK FOR SEPTEMBER'S NEW THREAD.

ANNIE.....I HEAR YA ON THE GLASS OF WATER. NEVER DID UNDERSTAND HOW THAT STARTED IT ALL OVER AGAIN.
THANK GOD THOSE DAYS ARE LONG GONE FOR ME! HOPE TODAY WILL BE BETTER!!
HAD A LAUGH AT THE DAD & DANCING STATEMENT. BUT HOW ARE YOU FEELING?????

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-30-2011 at 07:13 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #254  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning all....

Had a very good evening. Curtis bought pizza so we didn't have to cook. Couple glasses of wine then he cut up wood for fire pit burning and I cut grass. It was a couple of hours of exercising. Took a shower and went to bed. Slept like a baby for a change. I think I am just mentally and physically exhausted. The finger is healing nicely but a little too slow for me. It is still swollen, bruised and split open on both sides, but actually about 50 percent better than it was. The splits are on the sides right on the bend of the finger just under the fingernail, therefore I cannot bend that finger, makes it difficult to type. Also got oven burns on left hand from the oven. I look like I have been to war...lol. I baked dad a pineapple upside down cake and will taking it over to him this evening. Man have I been babbling or what?

MELLIE...How long are you on vacation? Or is it just Mellidays? I am so glad you are ok. I looked on the map as to where the city you live and didn't realize you were so close to water. YIKES. Hope Jen and Richie are healthy and happy....and you stay rested to sista!

Hello to all the rest of you lovely ladies also.

Much love and many hugs.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #255  

Morning all.

Mel - Enjoy your day off! You deserve it!!!

Annie - Sounds like you had a great weekend. Glad your dad enjoyed himself too. Good to hear your finger is healing nicely.

Hellos to the rest of you!

The morning started off crummy when I got off the elevator at the wrong floor with a major company bigshot on board who decided to embarass me w/ a smarta$$ comment that I didn't appreciate. Let's just say the guy does his job well, but he has a boys club mentality, and trash-talk and public put-downs are part of that. Jerk. And I guess I'm overly sensitive.

So when my friend phoned and asked if I had time to talk I didn't feel bad at all shooting the breeze w/ her for 20 minutes.

I spoke to soon about my cold being very mild because yesterday the nasal congestion got going. Still relatively mild, but it was just annoying to feel good all weekend and then have this come on yesterday morning. At least I didn't have to go through the sore throat part again...

Today I'm gonna get an earlier train home and go to a circuit class.

That's all for now folks.

Last edited by Laura705; 08-30-2011 at 11:17 AM.