Old 08-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #196  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Jaffa has another meaning in Kiwiland - Just Another F**king Aucklander. Yep, the crap runs high between those north of the Bombay Hills (Aucklanders) and the rest of the country. I call Scotty a Jaffa and he tells everyone that I am built on a lean and have one leg shorter than the other just so I can walk up Wellingtons hills against the wind. "Actually",I say, "I am a Mainlander" and he comes back with "Yep cheesy and full of gas just like the product itself" Mainland is a cheese brand made in the South of NZ and freely available over here.

Can't stop right now, but glad to see that you are all on deck, some wobbly but getting there. I'll be back later when I see what today brings and what time I have. I have put out all the stuff I think I need to take away with me next week, now is the time to start culling it.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:41 AM   #197  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.

SORRY THIS WILL LIKELY BE A QUICKIE FOR BOTH TODAY AND TOMORROW.
BECAUSE IRENE IS GOING TO BARREL UP OUR COASTLINE AND THRU OUR HUDSON RIVER, WE HAVE A LOT TO TAKE CARE OF HERE FOR READINESS.
DURING THE MEETINGS THE TWSP. MANAGER TOLD US WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE AND THAT JOHN WILL NOT BE HERE.(i have the manager's cell # now if i need help)
NOT ONLY THAT BUT MY BOSSLADY FELL OFF A CURB AND GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT SHE DID TO HER ANKLE.
SHE LEFT HER LAST NIGHT ON CRUTCHES AND ACE BANDAGED UP.
I HAVE TO RUN. GOT A DIESEL FUEL OIL DELIVERY COMING IN ABOUT 20 MINUTES. GOTTA KEEP THE GENERATOR HAPPY OR I WON'T BE ABLE TO USE THE ELEVATORS IF OR WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT.
SO MUCH TO DO AND SO LITTLE MANPOWER!! EVERYONE IS LEAVING ON FRIDAY AT 4PM!!!

HAVE A GOOD DAY, HUGS TO ALL AND WISHES TO THE INFIRMED!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-25-2011 at 07:42 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #198  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Busy morning I see.

Mel that Irene takes a right turn and heads out to sea. Good thing that you are preparing. Hope this doesn't take it's toll on you, seems everything falls to your shoulders. Just remember - you are there to manage the masses - keep them organized and let them do the heavy labor. Will be watching the weather and hoping the storm is just some heavy rains.

Shad - what a delightful banter between you two. It sounds like the friendly rivalry between Bears and Packers footy fans, right Michelle I hope you have managed to cram the essentials into your pack for the trip to the mining camp.

Michelle - yes I realize that a 3 pointer doesn't even count as a rumbler on the west coast, just seems to be alot of discontent in Mother Earth lately. I wonder if we are ignoring the signs because we are too busy involved in our own lives, especially those who drive obliviously and chat on their cell phones Glad to see you are feeling a little better. Now don't go pushing it because I'm sure you are eager to get back to the regular stuff again! I'm sure the tiredness though will keep you in check. You can look at a ball and say the word Zumba BUT that's about the closest you get to connect those 2 things for the moment to you GF.

Ceejay - the conditions you describe at the gym are why I liked women's gyms in the early 90's. Guess it's not profitable to separate them any more. Tough too when you don't have many choices. How cool on the big rainbow. I don't think I will ever not appreciate seeing one.

Laura - a Target on State Street? That seems sooo odd. Probably will be handy to run in and pick up stuff tho. I really missed Woolworth's when they closed down too. We had a small Osco in the first floor of our building - some people said it made it TOO convienient to run down and get snacks Probably a good thing to put a bit of thought into the next fitness pass. As the seasons change I was more or less motivated. When it gets gray and cold I am less enthused about running to the train and then running to the gym. Maybe the once a week class will be a nice change of pace between your regular fitness routine. And speaking of gray - I was actually surprised how nice gray looks. We painted one room 1/3 red and 2/3 cream with a nice wallpaper border separating the two. (DH has since had to repaint it all cream since the realtors found that TOO WILD ) Anyway - when painting red you need to use a gray primer. DH painted the entire room a medium gray primer and we were both rather surprised at how nice it looked. We have an off white carpet and white trim and crown molding and the gray accented the trim quite nicely. The bedroom faces east and gets lots of light - had we not already bought the other paint we would have considered keeping it gray. I'm sure that would be too strong a color for the realtors tastes.

Good morning Annie - I'm sure you are picking up Sissy and driving into work right now. which is exactly what I need to do. Have a good one chicks.

Michelle - I loved your quote on FB today about leaving negative people alone. I emailed it to my work account. Words to live by today - very appropriate - thanks!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:57 AM   #199  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Super Happy It's Thursday!

Came into work for the morning because of a department meeting, but I'll be going home by lunchtime and working from home in the afternoon and then again tomorrow. Yesterday after work, DH and I went to the grocery store but hopefully no errands need to be done this afternoon so after work I can rest a bit. This weekend, if we're feeling up to it, we have lots of yard work to catch up on. The grass is ridiculously long since we haven't felt well enough to mow it for over 2 weeks, and sometime before it gets too cold, DH needs to build the planter ring around our large maple tree in the front yard. I also have website work that needs to be done...and since autumn will be upon us too quickly, I'd like to do some fun stuff...maybe go to a festival or two...before summer is over. All of that depends on how well he and I are feeling...we will NOT push ourselves too hard as we can't afford to relapse.

Shad - I find the term Jaffa so funny! When I lived in CA, I worked with a Kiwi from Christchurch (so not a Jaffa). I got a laugh out of Scotty telling people that you're built on a lean so you can walk on the Wellington hills. Too funny also that he says you're just like the Mainland cheese! It's great to have colleagues you can joke around with. I have several terrific co-workers...and the joking eases the stress/tension of the work.

Mel - Sending you and your building prayers and a big bubble of : that Irene leaves you alone and lets you have a peaceful, uneventful weekend. I'm SO glad you now have the manager's cell # in case you need help. Like Happy said, let others do the heavy labor...you just supervise (using the cattle prod if necessary).

Happy - No worries on be going back to the gym or ball Zumba anytime soon. I scheduled a PT appointment for Monday and Thursday next week...but if I'm not 100% on Monday, I will skip it. As for the gym...the classes are on break next week, so if I'm up to it, I'll walk in the lazy river, and if not, I'll skip that too. DH and I cannot afford to get sick again...so we're going to be extra cautious and not push it. Heck, even just a quick grocery shopping trip yesterday left us both feeling worn out by the time we got home. Glad you liked the FB quote.

Work's a-waiting...so I'd better get to it.

Here's to a great day for all of us!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #200  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Thursday Morning Chicklets of the Wordlie Type....

At the last minute on Tuesday, I decided to take yesterday off work. Got a lot accomplished at home. Packed the remaining stuff out of sissy's room and delivered it. Gave the twin bed in Tater's room to the neighbor so I could move the full bed and dresser out of sissy's room in to Tater's room. I have a friend here at work that is needing a place to live, she asked me about moving in with me, I pondered it for a week or so then decided to give it a try. She is going to pay rent which will make up for quitting CVS somewhat. She is moving in labor day weekend. She does drink every night 3 or 5 vodka and tonics, but doesn't seem to get drunk. That is the only thing that might not work, we will have to see.

HAPPY...antidepressants are not always for depression. Altho depression can take on other forms...example...Sissy has been on an antidepressant since she was 15, for anger. When she is not on them, she gets a wicked tongue and is mad at the world. Depression can also come in the form of unexplainable joint pain (my momma). So being on an antidpressant is not such a bad idea sometimes. You might just try it to see if it helps any. Hugs to you my sister, I know you are going through a lot. ONE DAY AT A TIME.

CHELLE...so glad you are feeling better and working from home...don't push yourself too much...no relapses. How is DH feeling? Hey how is Doppler doing?

SHADDIE...I love the meaning of Jaffa. Pretty much sums that place up! hahaha. The cheesy gas I can so relate.

CEEJAY....birthday weekend coming up for you...Happy happy birthday in case I either don't make it back or I forget...keep in mind I am blonde.

LAURA...you rock on the exercising. Which ever way you choose to go with the passport or class, it is all good. At least you are moving, which is more than I can say for myself. Good for you.

MELLIE...holy crap woman. Earthquake then I heard you had like 5.6 or something aftershock. When I first heard it on the news, I thought they were confused and all that shaking and rumbling was our MELLIE snagging her a fireman...lol. Grounded hugs sister, stay safe. xoxo

Hi ya Ellen...

THe piles is not getting any shorter from yesterday on this desk...might as well dig in. Blah!

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #201  
Annie - Indiana

Oh and sissy is at the doc right now. She is having an internal ultrasound. Hopefully her cervix is not any shorter. If it gets down to 2.5 they will have to go in and stitch her cervix shut....last week it was 2.7. Prayers and fingers crossed. Will keep you posted.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #202  

Morning all.

Michelle - So nice the work at home policy is broader now. Our employer leaves it to the discretion of the department manager. Now I know all the work is waiting for you, but for both you and dh, it's best to just ease back into it slowly after being laid up so long. When bf's back went out, the lawn got long and he knew he'd have to bag the clippings instead of mulching them back into the lawn, and that it would be impossible w/ his back hurting. He ended up paying someone to mow it just to avoid the bagging. Maybe that's something you can do - although I think it would be costly if you have enough lawn to warrant a riding mower! Both of you take care and don't wear yourselves down - it's not worth it!!

Shad - LOL, lot of verbal trash-talking between you and Scotty. Incidentally, the author of the book I just read was Anne Perry, who I learned was involved in a scanadalous murder in NZ as a teen when her name was Juliet Hulme. This was in the 50's, so before your time I believe...

Happy - Yeh, I think the last bar car train went away a few months ago. I remember years ago being a clueless new Metra rider and sometimes boarding the train in the smoker car and thought I'd die before getting to a non-smoking car. Blech! When Shad described the banter, it reminded me of two former colleagues from years ago who would go back and forth about each other's hometowns - one was Rockford and the other was one of the Quad Cities - I forget which. Of course being from Chicago, I was above it all... Yes, I'm thinking it won't be nearly as easy going back out for classes once the icky weather hits. I do think colors look so great when set off by nice white trim. I'd love to [have someone] paint all our baseboards and window frames white - and replace our generic doors for nicer white ones. Our ceilings are rather low, so I'm not sure how crown molding (sp?) would work out - make them look even lower, or draw the eye up and make them seem higher?? Yeh, we have a Walgreens a couple doors down from our building and it's easy to pop in there before or after lunch - yes, often for snacks. State street is only 4 blocks east, but I still don't get down there very often...

Ceejay - Your gym sounds a bit worse than the Bally's facility near our house. Bf is finally getting to the point where he is ready to sell his Presidential membership (he's had it for 20+ years) and be done with it. It's dated, not all that clean, often has broken equipment, and the employees (including the manager) are boneheads. We don't think they will ever renovate this location and the three nearest locations, which are all much nicer than this one, are still too far to go to on a regular basis. Very lame. I imagine bf might end up getting a RecPlex membership... I'm happy to do classes and some at-home workouts. Nothing like going down to the basement in my pj's for a workout! Happy Birthday in advance, since you know I'm frequently scarce around here on the weekends.

Mel - Hope you're all set and tucked in before Irene hits! I heard a brief blurb of a radio show last night talking about the storm models and how close it could get to Long Island, and I know that's in your general area (or specific area??) Hope those seniors don't get it into their heads to go outdoors for this!!

Annie - Wow, you'll have a boarder! I hope it works out for you - and for her. It sounds like easier money than working at CVS, but who knows? Hope Sissy's measurement goes well and no cervix stitching is needed!! As for the exercise - well, it's the least I can do since I can't seem to stop stuffing my face w/ food!
=====
I went to the Body Blast class last night. One move I find tough is where I'm on all fours and opposite leg and arm are raised. That part I'm used to - good exercise for balance and to strengthen the back. It's the next part that's really challenging - bring the elbow and knee in to meet each other in an ab crunch. I went home and showed bf and he did a few and agreed it was indeed a toughie.

Tonight I might be going to a wake right after work (for BF's SIL's mother, nice woman), so no exercise class tonight. I've had a sore throat the past two mornings, so now I'm on zinc lozenges because I really don't want a cold. If I'm not feeling good this afternoon, I'm skipping the wake.

Okay, back to work. As Shad says - why couldn't I be born rich instead of beautiful??

Last edited by Laura705; 08-25-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #203  
Annie - Indiana

Good news....Sissy cervix measured the same as last week so she does not go back for two weeks. She did get an excellent picture of his hand up in the air..you can actually see and count his fingers and a thumb. Kind of a big hand too....probably taking after his 6'6" daddy. YIKES!!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Another reason I quit going to our gym is that I came down with cellulitis which is a form of staph infection. Still have the scaring to prove it. The doctor told me about the gyms being full of germs. Not every one cleans the machines etc.
Got to sleep late this morning as there is no house cleaner coming today.
There was some changes being made yesterday at work concerning personal use of city vehicles and payday. We will not get paid till 4 p.m. which is okay by me and I'll have to go pick up my paycheck. They are working out details on direct deposit which I've been wanting for some time.

Mel
Good luck on getting evry thing done. Remember to take some breaks.
Let's hope that Irene goes out to sea.

Annie
Glad things are going well with Siissy and her pregnancy.
I have mixed emotions when it comes to having room mates.

Happy
Haven't thought of Woolworth's in a long time.

Laura
I've been having trouble with the allergies which had started out as a sore throat. It's much better since I started the ClaritinD. However, my bp doesn't look as good. Going back to the regular Claritin today. I'm going to be outside most of the afternoon getting some yard work done.

Michelle
Take it easy.

Oh thought this was funny when I read it last night on Facebook.
The weather channel recently named the new fault line as Obama. Obama would in turn say it was Bushes "fault" line. Others have indicated that was our forefathers turning over in their graves after finding out that the economy in our country was 1.4 bilion and growing.

Have a good day. oh and thanks for the early birthday wishes.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #205  
Annie - Indiana

CEEJAY...I have mixed emotions about roommates also, but it beats working two jobs. I THINK!!
Old 08-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #206  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - good luck with the roommate. I really, really hope it works out for you and doesn't turn into any unnecessary stress or drama. I'm so glad to hear your DD's appointment went so well!

Ceejay - Wishing you a very happy birthday weekend!!

Laura - Thanks for the suggestion about hiring someone to mow our lawn. Unfortunately, both DH and I agree that it's not the actual mowing that would bother our lungs as much as the cut grass afterwards (we don't have a bagger for our riding mower). I think we're going to wait 'till the weekend and give ourselves a couple more days to get this crud out of our lungs.

I'm working from home this afternoon...and I just caught a whiff of smoke (someone burning leaves or grass clippings or whatever). I really hope it's not that...because then I'll have to close up the house and turn on the AC and it's not even that hot out...but I can't handle that smokey air.

Last edited by diyana; 08-25-2011 at 03:13 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #207  
Happy September

HEY CHICKS....I NEED TO GO BACK AND READ BUT IN THE MEANTIME I WILL POST FIRST.
WE ARE ABOUT AS READY AS WE CAN BE.
I ASKED FOR AND ACCEPTED HELP THAT WILL REMAIN IN THE BUILDING FROM LATE SATURDAY THRU SUNDAY.
THOSE ARE THE EXPECTED WORST HOURS.
NYC HAS EVACUATION P-LANS IN EFFECT ALREADY.
I AM TIRED BUT TOOK LOTS OF BREAKS TODAY.
WAITING FOR RICHIE TO TRANSLATE THE LATEST NOTICE TO TENANTS INTO SPANISH.
IT'S ABOUT EMERGENCY PLANS THAT GO INTO EFFECT FRIDAY AND THEN I'LL ADD IT TO MY PART OF THE LETTER AND PRINT IT OUT.
TOMORROW I CAN MAKE THE 200 COPIES THEY WANT AND SHIP THEM OUT TO THE OTHER BLDGS TOO.
JOHN IS STILL OUT AND MY BOSS HAS A FRACTURE UNDER HER ANKLE.
BECAUSE OF HER WEIGHT THEY WILL PROBABLY PUT A BOOT CAST ON SO IT WON'T SPLIT OPEN ANY FURTHER.
MY PHONE HASN'T STOPPED RINGING.
IT'S NOW TO THE POINT OF BEING RIDICULOUS
I NEED TO MAKE SOME DINNER AND TAKE A SHOWER.
THE HUMIDITY AND RAIN TODAY WERE UNREAL BUT THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IRENE. LET ME GET SOME FOOD AND READ WHAT EVERYONE IS UP TO.

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-25-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #208  

Morning all.
Another rush job, sorry, just wanted to let you all know I am still living and breathing. well sortof!!!!

Annie - just couple of pieces of advice from someone who has had 'guest boarders' before. Set up the ground rules before you start and ensure you both understand them. Write them down and you both sign the paper. Sounds harsh but at least you know where you stand. For example ground rule one - is the boarder home for dinner and who is providing the dinner. Rule two, who does what as far as housework goes. Is it you or both of you or does she just keep her room tidy. Who does the laundry and which day do the sheets get put out.
Three - do we talk about work at home. That can get boring and also cause arguments
Four - Do we go out together or live separate lives. How do you go with bringing men home???

Now I know you have probably thought of all this but I am bringing this to the front so you can avoid heartache later.

Gotta go. Breakfast is on. I'll be back. The weekend is nearly here. Yeehaa. Get Scotty with the cattle prod, lets go!!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #209  

Atta girl Mel
Actions stations - treat it like the enemy just came to town
Old 08-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #210  
Happy September

PART DEUX:

HAPPY.....THE STORY FROM THE TRAIN CRACKED ME UP BUT WHAT A WAY TO HAVE TO TRAVEL. WRITE THE BOOK....IT WOULD BE TOO FUNNY!!!! THERE WAS A QUAKE OUT IN COLORADO ON MONDAY I THINK IT WAS TOO. THEY'RE ALL OVER THE FRIGGING PLACE
RED WALLS.....RIGHT UP SHADDIE'S ALLEY!! HAVE I TOLD YOU BEFORE HOW MUCH SHE LOVES A GOOD RED WALL???

CEEJAY....I AM JEALOUS THAT YOU GOT TO SEE A RAINBOW!! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIND ONE ALL MONTH DURING THESE STORMS. GOOD GOING!! THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS TO SEE. I HEAR YA ON THE GERMY GYMS. EXPECIALLY NOW WITH ALL THESE VIRUS THINGIES GOING AROUND. HOPE YOU GET THE DIRECT DEPOSIT. I LOVE IT!!!!

LAURA...YA HAD TO GO AND SAY "ALARMED" DIDN'T YA???!!! ROFLMYAZZOFF TOO CUTE! WHEN JEN & I GO TO WALMARTS....LOOK OUT!!!! $$$$$$$$ BURNING CREDIT CARD
NOW LAURA....WAS THAT AN EXERCISE OR SOMTHING OUT OF AN OLD KAMA SUTRA BOOK. SEEMS THAT I RECALL A POSITION LIKE THAT

SHAD....WE HAVE A LOT OF FOOKING JAFFAS HERE TOO. IN FACT TOO MANY....MAYBE WE CAN TRADE!! HOPE THE CULLING OF THE CLOTHES WAS AN EASY TASK. TOO BAD YOU CAN'T MAIL SOME OF THEM THERE!! LOL

ANNIE....SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS OUT TO SISSY AND HOPE SHE DOESN'T NEED ANY STITCHES ON THE NEXT 2 WEEK VISIT WILL THINK GOOD THOUGHTS FOR HER. WILL BE PRAYING THAT YOU AND THE ROOMIE CAN GET ALONG OK. NOT SURE I COULD LIVE WITH ANYONE BUT WOULD LIKE THE EXTRA CASH!!! IF SHE DOESN'T WORK OUT I WILL COME OVER THERE. I HAVE SOME MONEY AND DON'T DRINK OR SMOKE. BUT I MIGHT SNORE!!! OH....AND I DON'T DROOL OR PEE IN MY PANTS YET EITHER

MICHELLE....GLAD YOU COULD WORK FROM HOME AFTER THE MEETING AND HOPE THIS WEEKEND FINDS BOTH YOU & DH IN BETTER HEALTH. DON'T OVER DO IT EITHER OF YOU OUTSIDE. ALL THE POLLEN AND CRAP WILL HAVE YOU BOTH BACK INTO BED BY SUNDAY NIGHT!!!