Old 07-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #46  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Laura - TGIF fo sho! That sodium rule your doc gave you is very interesting...and it means I'm screwed. Since I dislike cooking (although I am a good cook), I eat quick, easy convenient (aka, processed) foods. And I look for the "lite", "lean", "healthy" varieties, meaning the calories are lower...but the sodium is usually higher. I hope the diuretic lowers your BP. Glad to hear you don't have Hep C. Bummer that you can't donate blood again. That's too bad that your bf wasn't up to going to the cookout. I hope the Aleves are helping his pain and that his back feels better soon.

Here's to a fun and relaxing weekend for all of us!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #47  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - I used to take prescription Niaspan for my hdl, but I had an allergic reaction to high doses of niacin...so that leaves me with exercising. I hope your tummy is feeling better. We'll miss you while you're off line.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #48  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Just passing through very quickly....got the car packed with goodies and tables for the garage sale at sissy's, now on to her house to UNLOAD the crap!! lol

Shaddie...dang it girl...feel better, hope it is not too serious...hugs sista.

MELLIE...you are on house arrest till you get the FINAL ALL CLEAR from the doctor. No more farting around. Eat the soft stuff....Don't make me come there and wop you with the rolling pin, I am just in the mood to.

Chelle..you taker easy on the exercising too, no relapse for you either. I am getting ready to cut the grass so I will join you on the allergry front.

Ceejay...howdie, I am drawing a blank as to what you posted,being in a hurry, I don't want to go back, but know that I love ya sista.

Hi ya Happy...

Laura...cuke salad yeah, I bought a cuke earlier this morning, please stop by and make me a salad...yum. While you are here could you take Hella B for a walk.

****Freschetta Simply Inspired Thin Crust Clasic Bruschetta Pizza ROCKS....1/3 of pizza 380 cals. So Yummy!! (tomatos, roasted garlic, provolone parmesan asiago and mozzarella cheese, creamy tomato and garlic pesto sauce, basil on a thin crust)*****

Hi if I missed ya, wasn't on purpose...gotta get going....lots to do.

Much love and many hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #49  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I GOT SIDETRACKED THIS MORNING WITH A CALL AND COULDN'T FINISH PERSONALS:

LAURA...WOW SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BF'S BACK!! NASTY! HOPE HE FOUND THE DR IN TODAY AND WILL FEEL BETTER SOON. YOU MADE ME LAUGH ABOUT EXERCISE NOT BEING OPTIONAL....BUT IT'S SO DANG TRUE. I KEEP FORCING MYSELF TO PEDAL!! BUT NOT THIS WEEK! HOPE THE NEW MED WORKS AND WHAT AN EYE OPENER THE COTTAGE CHEESE WAS FOR ME!! I'LL LOOK AT MY LABELS OVER THE WEEKEND

MICHELLE.....HOPE THE EXERCISE HELPS MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER. WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU 100% THIS YEAR...ME TOO GOOD LUCK TO MISCHIEF WITH THE NEW BLOOD WORK. HOPE IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OK TOO. OUR SINUSES ARE KILLING ME THIS YEAR. I AM LIVING ON MUCINEX WITHOUT THE "D".

CEEJAY.....I CANNOT TAKE ANY MEDS FOR CHOLESTEROL BECAUSE OF THE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY. SO I AM ALWAYS GLAD WHEN YOU AND THE REST SHARE WAYS TO LOWER. HOPE YOUR'S CONTINUE TO GO DOWN. 5 PUMPS!! WOW THE HEAT!!! OUR THUNDER IS COMING AND GOING WITHOUT ANY RAIN!!

ANNIE....GONNA LOOKD FOR FRESHETTA AS SOON AS I GET TO A STORE. YUMMO!! SOUNDED DELISH
I WILL BE GOOD....I PROMISE.....I KNOW YOU'RE JUST IN THE MOOD TO SMACK THE S H I T OUTTA ME

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-08-2011 at 02:04 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #50  

Right before I shut down the computer for the day and get out of Dodge...

Ceejay - thanks for the warning re the potassium - just checked the rx for the water pill and it's for 25 mg. Have to keep the kitchen stocked w/ bananas. Hope the belly feels better now. Good luck with your laptop!!!

Michelle - Yeh, doesn't it seem like an impossible task to cut down on the sodium?? It really is about eating foods that aren't processed - and I don't want to be chained to the kitchen cooking everything I eat! Have a great weekend.

Annie - May you have a very profitable garage sale!! The pizza sounds awesome - yummy. With bf's back, I've been the dogwalker this week, so sure, I can add Hella to my route too!

Mel - That comment about exercise not being optional is not for someone recovering from a severe intestinal infection!!!! No exercise for you missy!! Have fun reading the labels - our eyes will be opened for sure.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The computer shop was closed for lunch and I didn't have enough stamina to go back. Think I've decided to get a new computer that isn't a laptop. I'll get it Thursday when the bil and sis are here. He can help me carry in the bulky thing. Took a much needed nap in my recliner this afternoon.
My stomcah issues has subsided. Must have been the b12.

Michelle
The doctor told me to get a good multivitamin. I'm also a bit anemic. It has a good bit of Niacin in it. So I'm hoping for better results. I've tried the regular OTC Niacin but I didn't like the flushing side effect.

Mel
I'm with Laura take it easy on the exercising. Only you know your limits.

Annie
Good luck with the yard sale. Yum on the pizza--one of my favorite foods.

Laura
Banana's are an excellent source of potassium. Oranges are too.

There is A. C. at work but just in the control room where all the sensitive stuff is. They also set up our office in there. The a.c. is really not big enough to handle this heat. We can set it on 70 and the temperature during the hot part of the day is 80 degree's. We also use a floor fan.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-08-2011 at 09:41 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:57 AM   #52  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorry girls, back down with some food virus. Back when I feel better. Damn damn, damn
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:42 AM   #53  
Happy September

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE

YESTERDAY WAS ALL I COULD ASK FOR. QUIET, ONE WASHLOAD DONE, GOT THE WEEKEND SET UP IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES, EVERYONE ON THE SAME PAGE, AND SAID GOODBYE TO RICHIE FOR THE WEEKEND. HE WAS RELUCTANT TO LEAVE POOR GUY. IN HIS MIND IT IS SHADES OF DEJA VU....RE: HIS MOM. I INSISTED HE LEAVE AND GET RID OF THAT IMAGE. IT'S TOO FREAKING DEPRESSING. WE LAUGHED A LOT AND HE LEFT. I EVEN RODE TO THE FRONT DOOR WITH HIM TO WAVE ADIOS
LOTS OF REST SCHEDULED FOR TODAY. LOOKS LIKE A GREAT WEEKEND AFTER A FEROCIOUS NIGHT OF STORMY WEATHER.
HAVE A SUPER DAY.

SHAD.............I AM SO SORRY YOU ARE ILL AND HOPE YOUR POOR INSIDES FEEL BETTER SOON. TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF AND SENDING YOU A BIG BUT GENTLE HUG

CEEJAY..........HOPE YOU'RE STILL FEELING BETTER TOO. THAT RECLINER IS COMING IN HANDY. HOPE YOU GET TO PICK OUT A NICE NEW COMPUTER. I LOVE MINE STILL HAVE A GREAT VISIT WHEN THE RELATIVES COME THE HEAT IN THAT PLACE IS UNREAL. THAT'S WHAT THE HOSPITAL WAS LIKE. I THREATEDED TO LEAVE

LAURA.......... ON THE NO NO.....OK YOU WIN!!! LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING.....GOOD THING CEEJAY BROUGHT UP THE POTASSIUM....I PEED SO MUCH IN THE HOSPITAL WITH ALL THE IV PUSHES THEY GAVE ME THAT MY POTASSIUM FELL ON THE GROUND...THE PAIN ALL OVER WAS UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOKE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND SAID WTF!!!! A QUICK BLOOD TEST TOLD THEM WHAT WAS WRONG AND I HAD TO BEGIN SWALLOWING HORSE PILLS!! WAS A NIGHTMARE SO BE CAREFUL

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-09-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #54  
Happy September

I AM ALL READY FOR MY RESTFUL WEEKEND.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME SET UP MY UMBRELLA?????

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-09-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #55  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies! WE have been enjoying our vacation, so that hasn't left a lot of time for online forums. went to Mom's for the 4th, took the kiddies to the beach in MI on Tuesday, just bummed around teh house on Wed, took my SIL and Sis shopping on Thursday and DH took the kids to great america. YEtserday was a little quieter, just did some housework. Not sure what the plan is for today, trying to finish up Mt. washmore then DH and I may go out this evening. Have a great weekend!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #56  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Feeling somewhat better today - mind you one would need to. I might have to shoot myself otherwise.

Still not 100% but have the feeling I will get there. Meantime I am like Mel and reduced to mushy food, no spices and tea or water. DS2 got the bug too, we suspect it may have come from the bacon in the fridge that I put in our pasta on Friday night. Should have chucked it. Too mean to do that.

Meantime I guess I just put one foot in front of the other until strength returns. And geez it is cold = maybe because I am not well I am feeling it more but I just had to turn on the reverse A/C or go back to bed. I chose the heat. It feels good to be upright even if only for a while.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #57  

Shad
Feel better soon. Ouch on the stomach bug. Those things can be nasty.

Ellen
Glad you have enjoyed the week. Will MT Washmore ever end? Mine is beginning to pile back up.

Mel
I've had a relaxing day also. Now to go back and hook the vcr and cable box up correctly. I never can do that right the first time. I've moved the love seat and t.v. back to their original spot. Love your avatar.

Went to Blytheville this morning and bought some groceries for this week. Came home and grilled some burgers and chicken strips for lunches this week. I even boiled some small potatoes. I haven't had enough fluid's today and my body is telling me about it. Took another nap in the recliner. I'm beginning to get my mojo back. Called my aunt and told her that I bought tickets. She was happy. The day has litterally gotten away from me. It's back to work tomorrow. My a.c. has run all afternoon.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:31 AM   #58  
Happy September

MORNING ALL

JEN PAID A SURPRISE VISIT. DROVE DOWN BY HERSELF AND SPENT TIME WITH ME. SHE COULDN'T FIND A CHECK CASHING STORE UP THERE SO SHE HAD TO COME DOWN HERE. I COULD SEE SHE WANTED TO "JUST BE". THE KIDS THIS YEAR ARE ESPECIALLY UNAPPRECIATIVE BEING IN NJ WITH RICHIE WORKING SO MUCH. THEY SHOULD BE HAPPY HE HAS A FRIGGING JOB. JEN SAYS THE SUMMER IS FLYING BY AND FOR THE FIRST TIME SHE IS VERY HAPPY IT IS. AFTER SHE LEFT HERE AND DOING OUR BANKING, SHE TOOK HERSELF OUT TO EAT. SAID SHE WANTED "REAL FOOD AND REAL QUIET". SOUND JUST LIKE HER MOM!!!
NOTHING ELSE NEW. IT'S A HARRY POTTER & INDIANA JONES WEEKEND ON TV SO I AM IN MY GLORY AND DON'T EVEN HAVE TO MOVE!!! JUST CHANGE CHANNELS

HAVE A GREAT DAY

SHAD....OMG!! I AM SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOU AND DS. I MAY NEVER BUY BACON AGAIN. HOPE YOU BOTH FEEL BETTER SOON AND DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS. WE WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT POTASSIUM LOSSES. SENDING YOU A BIG HUG LIL SIS

CEEJAY........GLAD TO HEAR YOU BOUGHT THE TICKETS. SHE MUST BE THRILLED. THE GRILLING SOUNDED GOOD TOO...I THINK I SMELLED IT I LOVE MOVING THINS AROUND IN THE APT. MAKE IT FEEL LKIKE A NEW PLACE. BUT I HATE HOOKING UP ALL THAT CRAP. LAST TIME I DID IT, I TAPED LITTLE NOTES ON TO THE WIRES....DID IT WITH THE COMPUTER TOO WHEN I GOT THE NEW ONE. GOTTA LOVE TINY POST-IT NOTES!!!

ELLEN........SOUND LIKE YOU AND THE FAMILY ARE HAVING A BUSY SUMMER. HOPE YOU GOT TO GO OUT WITH DH ON A "DATE". ENJOY

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-10-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #59  

Mel
That's a good idea of taping notes to the wires. I even went to the internet for help and tried to follow a precise picture. That's one chore for the bil on Wed. when he get's here.

Hope your day stay's quiet. Mine too, I'm back to work this morning.
---------
I've decided that I don't need the soap net that I have on tv. I've found out that I can go to abc dot com and watch it there. My ADT security has gone up in price and I'd rather have that than all the extra cable that I very seldom watch.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #60  
Creating a Healthier Me

Just a check in to say I'm here. Spent half of yesterday working on websites and will likely spend nearly all of today doing the same. We did take DMIL to a nature center for a presentation on local birds (hawks, falcons, eagles, etc.).

I'm finding the more I move, the more I'm able to move (at least until the back says "ENOUGH!"). Now I just have to get these websites done so I have time to move more.

Also, DMIL is going back to CA on Aug. 4th....so we're trying to spend quality time doing fun stuff with her. *sigh* I really need to be cloned.

I only have time for quick personals - website work beckons.

Just a quick:

Shad - Hope you

Mel - Enjoy your weekend with Harry and Indiana

Ceejay - Glad to hear you had a relaxing day too. No sense paying for TV that you don't watch. DH and I get a lot of use out of the premium channels, so we have to pay the price.

Annie - I hope you are enjoying the remainder of your vacay. I so wish you lived closer and I would've come for a visit.

A big , and lots of love to all,

Last edited by diyana; 07-10-2011 at 10:03 AM.