Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Hope it stay's quiet for you today.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #182  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Doing this while R sleeps the morning away. She doesn't do mornings well. However the poor thing is recovering from Whooping Cough and I heard her coughing badly in the night.
Thanks for filling me in on the American way of life - corporate wise. We went through the age thing sometime back and it seems to be over more or less now. Laws have it that you can not discriminate on age. Not that that always works however I think a lot of employers found that while Gen X were obliging but not necessarily loyal employees, and Gen Y were practically useless since they all think they should be jet fighter pilots, F1 racing drivers, rock stars or super models straight out of high school, the Baby boomer generation was motivated, dedicated etc. All of the above is not necessarily gospel but lets face it, most of us work harder and longer hours and stay until the job is done. We don't have to go to nightclubs and drink to oblivion or be seen in the right shoes or have 30K on our gold or platinum credit cards.
It's no wonder taking superannuation deductions from our salaries has been made compulsory over here - no one has the gumption to save for old age. In fact the cry appears to be - quantity, here now. Gimme, gimmee, gimme. I'm here for a good time not a long time.

Michelle - I'm glad you are listening to your back. Hope you get this project done and dusted on time. You must be good at deadlines since you seem to get so many of them. Happy Birthday to the DMIL.

Happy - only ever been to a gyn/obs twice in my life. The GP takes care of the whole body and that's why he is a general practitioner. He will refer if he has reasons to no doubt. Guess that is one of the differences between your health systems and ours. Neither appears to be perfect but ours is definitely cheaper.
Even when I had a permanent job, I never considered I had job security. I didn't start superannuation payments until I came over here. Therefore I am around 20 years behind with accumulation. I don't want to work until 70 but I guess it might just be a necessity. I will have too much to qualify for a pension and not enough to live on for very many years. So I will need to shuffle off this mortal coil about the time the money runs out.

Mel - obviously feeling better and dashing about doing your thing. Glad the meeting was short at least.

Laura - sounds like a good class you went to. Good for you. Shame that the relations aren't sticking around long enough to visit, but sometimes that is the way of life. Maybe next time round they should come to the other side of the family first. Families huh?

Ceejay - good for you getting to the gym and then deciding on veggies at dinner.

Okay, I am off to shower and dress and all those sorts of things. Today we are going shopping for some photo frames for R. I have some frames in the loo area that she likes and we will see if we can get some more. Then I want to make a trip to the garden centre and get some more bricks for my wall - maybe that will give DS2 a hint that I would like the wall finished sometime soon????
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #183  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT NIGHT AND GOOD MORNING TO SHAD & R

THE DAY DRAGGED ON & ON. TEMPERS FLARE WHEN EVERYONE IS HOUSE BOUND.
RICHIE SET OFF FOR THE TRAILER RIGHT FROM WORK. OUR WINDOWS ARE SO HOT YOU CAN'T TOUCH THEM. THEY ARE KEEPING A MAINT.MAN EACH NIGHT UNTIL 9PM THIS PAST WEEK AND TOMORROW
WE WILL HAVE TWO OF THEM TAKING TURNS DURING THE DAY FROM 9AM-9PM.
THE MAYOR IS TAKING NO CHANCES.

WOULD YOU BELIEVE MY NAME WAS VOLUNTEERED UNTIL ONE OF THE POLS SAID NO WAY.....SHE JUST GOT OUT OF THE HOSPITAL.....AND BESIDES THIS HEAT IS TOO DANGEROUS FOR HER TOO.
THANK GOD SOMEONE IS WATCHING OUT FOR ME.
NOT MUCH ELSE IS NEW. I WENT THRU THE BLDG REMINDING THE PEEPS TO NOT SNEAK OUTSIDE WHILE MY BACK IS TURNED.
GOING TO JUST REST & DO SOME SMALL JOBS TOMORROW.
OUR ELECTRICITY IS NOT UP TO PAR AND THE A/C'S ARE RUNNING SLUGGISHLY.
YOU CAN TELL BY HOW QUIET THEY ARE.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

HAPPY......WILL VBE SENDING ALL GOOD THOUGHTS OUT TO YOUR AND THE WORK FIELDS. PRAYING SOMETHING GOOD COMES ALONG I TOLD JEN WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING IN THIS NATION, WE WILL BE STANDING IN THE BREAD & SOUP LINES....OR IN MY CASE SITTING!! HOPE THE DR APPT WAS OK

SHAD.....GUESS YOU ARE ALREADY OUT THERE SHOPPING UP A STORM WITH R. HAVE FUN & ENJOY THE VISIT. LOOKING FORWArd to the new job???

LAURA.....THE MINUTE I SAW THE BICYCLE I THOUGHT OF YOU. I LOVED THE BASKET OF FLOWERS TOO. WE HAD BIKES & BASKETS LIKE THAT WHEN I WAS A KID....EONS AGO! TOO BAD ABOUT THE FAMILY DRAMA. DON'T YOU JUST WISH WE COULOD ALL GET ALONG?? SAD. HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS GOOD AND I LIKE THE OLD SWEATBANDS LIKE THE TERRY THINGS. ANYTHING THAT WORKS IS GOOD!! WHO GIVES A FLYING TOENAIL WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS AND THINK HOW MANY YOU COULD SEW!!!

CEEJAY........GLAD YOU GOT TO TAKE THE KIDS OUT AND HOPE THE MEAL WAS NICE. I MISS STUFF LIKE THAT. GOOD YOU GOT THE TICKETS AND NOW THE AUNT CAN RELAX KNOWING YOU ARE REALLY GOING!!! LOL STAY COOL.

ANNIE & MICHELLE.....DID I MISS POSTS FROM YOU BOTH?? WILL CHECK TOMORROW!
IF MY SCALE SAID I WEIGHED 770 I WOULD HAVE FELL ON THE FREAKING FLOOR!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-23-2011 at 04:51 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #184  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Evening Girls.....

Shaddie....couldn't of said it any better about the work situation....it is all so true. Thank you for stating it so accurately when I can never find the words. Hope you and R are having a wondeful time shopping...so sorry R is having coughing spells during the night. Hugs

MELLIE...I didn't post too awful much, only that I am having a baby BOY grandbaby..at least that is what the ultrasound said. Actually from the photos from the untrasound, there is no doubt it is a boy....wink. Also got a shot of his footprint...OMG...size 12 shoe already....Sissy's BF is 6'6" tall, so it is likely she will have a 10 pounder...Poor child, scares me....she is only a wee thing of 5'1", 120 lbs. Maybe C section.

Chelle...I am so very proud of you for your exercising and staying OP during difficult temtation times....keep up the good work and now WE know you can do it...so keep doing it. HB to DMIL. I have more books to send but didn't get to it this week...will ship on Monday.

Ceejay...it was an ultrasound. DD is not due til December, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes the end of November or so. With her condition of a weak cervix due to cancer and removal of part of cervix...it is highly possible he will come early.

Happy...I am so sorry you are experiencing hardship...but am praying for you sweet sister for a great outcome. Everything happens for a reason, everything happens for a reason, everything happens for a reason, but d*mned if I can figure out the reason....you will be blessed with much better things....relax about the move and the clutter....alls well that ends well...HUGS. BTW...Sissy has been getting a LOT of sunshine lately so Vit D defciency shouldn't be an issue. She is sick of hearing me preach on things, so I don't dare go there about vitamins....lol

Laura....goodluck with the family gathering...sometimes those gatherings are really fun or really stressful....let's hope for a good time...and if you were giving Hella B a bath, you would be minus an arm or hand.

Ellen...hey there, hope your world is revolving in the right direction for you.

Not much going on this evening....gotta work Sat, Sun at CVS...cripes...have cried since 3 today and finally got my act together around 6. Now my head hurts, eyes are swollen, and nose is stuffed up....I am a bit of a mess. But feel much better as I talked with a friend. I am just being a whiny baby, nobody loves me, I am lonely, blah blah blah...kind of hilarious when thinking about it. I don't think I have been normal for about a year....

Anyway...I need to hit the hay....good morning to Shaddie, have a marvy day with R. Goodnight to the rest of yuns...

Loves and Hugs...from the R Tard.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #185  
Happy September

A BOY!!
I AM SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF YOU!!
WE LOVE NEW BABIES HERE!!

ANNIE...I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER THAT YOUR DD IS DOING SO WELL. TELL SISSY TO SAY YES TO THE DRUGS WHEN IT'S TIME FOR THOSE SIZE 12'S TO COME OUT!!! WE WILL NEED TO SEND ALL OUR GOOD VIBES HER WAY FOR A SPEEDY DELIVERY WHEN THE TIME COMES.
AS FOR THE EMOTIONS....I REALLY THIN K YOU ARE BEING TOO HARD ON YOURSELF. YOU'VE HAD A TOUGH TIME WITH EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED TO MOM AND THEN HER PASSING. THEN DAD AND THE BB GOING AWAY AND NOW SISSY. IT ALL ADDS UP TO A ROLLERCOASTER RIDE OF HUGE PROPORTIONS. TO SAY NOTHING OF HOLDING DOWN TWO JOBS!! AND PEOPLE DO LOVE YOU!!! DAG NABBIT! DON'T FORGET THAT.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #186  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Mellie...you are the best. I loves ya too! Going to clean this morning for about an hour then get ready for work. Going to dad's till time to head to CVS. I just called him and he said he wasn't going anywhere and SHOULD be home...I about split a gut laughing as he did. Now I see where I get my craziness. Hella isn't minding staying home and in the house with these temps...she goes out, states her business, then is back at the door scratching and crying to come back in. Of course the softie that I am, I don't make her stay out at all...even tho I filled the baby pool full of water, she won't get in it, drinks from it, but won't get in it.....probably resembles a BATH too much...lol

Gotta get busy....

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Morning
Mel
Yeah for the politicians taking up for you. At least they show they care.
The maintenance men should be there on week ends regardless of the heat
wave. This heat is upsetting every one.

Annie
I can understand the emotions you are having right now. As Mel said, they sometimes catch up with you.

----
I'm going to Blytheville this morning to super Walmart. Decided that I'm getting a new desk top computer. I'm keeping this on for a back up. I have enough money saved up in my Christmas club account so I'm going for it.

There was a big write up in the paper yesterday about garbage fee's going up 3.50 dollars. Plus we'll have pick up once a week. 2 of our trucks are beyond repair and they are leasing a truck that picks up those carts. I wondered why all the cars were on the parking lot at the light office. I paid my light bill at the drive through and asked J what was going on. He told me.I don't usually buy a paper but did last night.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #188  
Happy September

I FINALLY TURNED OFF THE TELEVISION.
THIS WHOLE TRAGEDY IN NORWAY IS REMINDING ME OF 9/11
AND JUST HOW VULNERABLE WE ARE WITH ALL THESE MANIACS RUNNING AROUND!!
OMG WHAT A HORRIBLE THING. MY HEART GOES OUT TO ALL OF THEIR FAMILIES AND NORWAY ITSELF. SO SAD.
THE SENIORS ARE HORRIFIED ALL OVER AGAIN. IT SCARES THEM THAT THE WORLD IS SO VIOLENT.
I CAME BACK UP HERE AFTER TELLING THEM TO TURN THE TV OFF AND GET OUT SOME CARDS.
INSTEAD THEY LEFT TO GO HAVE LUNCH. MAYBE I'LL CHECK UP ON THEM LATER ON.

NOW I NEED TO CHEER MYSELF UP!!!

ANNIE.........YOUR SOON TO BE NEW BABY BOY GRANDSON WILL DO IT!!
I REALLY AM GETTING MORE EXCITED AS THE DAYS PASS.
THE WORLDLIES WILL HAVE A NEW GRAND BABY!!
BELLA IS ALWAYS GOOD FOR A LUGH OR TWO!!!
SENDING ANOTHER HUG INCASE THE FIRST ONE WORE OFF

CEEJAY....I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED SOMEONE DID STICK UP FOR ME!!
I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE GIVING YOURSELF A LOVELY EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT
HOW GREAT IS THAT!! I SAVED MY OLD ONE FOR A BACKUP AND IT'S SITTING ON A TABLE READY TO USE! LOL
HOPE YOU FIND ONE YOU LIKE. ENJOY THE SHOPPING!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-23-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #189  

Mel
You've heard of Christmas in July. It's an early Christmas present. I bought a hewlett packard. We have both hp and dell at work so it didn't matter to me which one I bought. The hp was 300 dollars less. It's suppose to have a 20 inch screen to which is one of the things I was looking for.

I had to to turn off the news when I saw all the destruction in Norway. It was to graphic for me. But my heart and sympathy goes out to them.

I've talked to sis who lives in Dallas today. They are driving to Nashville, Tn for a work shop. I asked them to stop by on their way back but she said they wouldn't have time. Sigh. We discussed having a sister's retreat again in October. She's going to look at their work schedule and we'll make plans from there. Can't wait.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #190  
Happy September

MERRY CHRISTMAS IN JULY CEEJAY

HOPE YOU LOVE YOUR NEW PC AS MUCH AS I DO.
GOTTA REALLY LOVE THE BIG SCREEN TOO.
DON'T NEED A MAGNIFYING GLASS!! LOL
ANOTHER SISTER'S RETREAT SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL IDEA.
HOPE EVERYONE'S CALENDAR IS CLEAR!
FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY CHRISTMAS IN JULY BECAUSE THE QVC SHOPPING CHANNEL IS HAVING IT ALL WEEKEND!!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #191  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quick check in for me. I am tired and sore. But it was worth it. The surprise party was a great success! DMIL was TOTALLY surprised. She was so touched that we would go to the trouble of a party for her and that so many family members (20) would take time out of their weekend to attend. I explained she is special and well worth it. I left e house early in the am saying that I had to meet with a website client when actually I went to the grocery store and bought all the food then went over to DMIL's sister's house (the location of the party) and got everything ready.

Then I went home and an hour or so later John said we had some errands to run at stores near where his aunt lives. And we had a cd to drop off there.

It was great! She was blown away!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #192  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKS

NOTHING IS REALLY NEW HERE. HAD TO LASSO UP A FEW SENIORS
AND ASK THEM WOULD THEY PLEASE COME BACK INSIDE.
THEY JUST DON'T SEEM TO "GET" THE EFFECTS THAT HEAT CAN HAVE.
IF THE MAINT.MAN DIDN'T COME UP HERE & TELL ME THEY WERE OUTSIDE,
I WOULD NEVER HAVE KNOWN.VTHEY MUST HAVE TIPTOED PAST MY WINDOW.
USUALLY I HEAR THEM ALL TALKING TO EACH OTHER.
SNEAKY LITTLY CRITTERS

I HAVE BEEN GOING TO BED EARLY AND SLEEPING LONGER. I CAN FEEL IT IN MY CHEST.
JEN HAS BEEN STAYIN INSIDE THE TRAILER WITH THE A/C RICHIE SAID AND HE & THE KIDS ARE ON THEIR OWN.
HE ALSO SAID SHE'S FREEZING HIM OUT!

HOPE YOU ARE STAYING COOL....MAYBE WE SHOULD MOVE IN WITH SHAD!
I'LL HAVE TO SEND HER AN ELECTRIC BLANKET
HAVE A NICE DAY

MICHELLE...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MIL
I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE PARTY FOR YESTERDAY.
SO GLAD SHE HAD A GOOD TIME. DOING THINGS LIKE THAT ALWAYS MAKES ME FEEL SO GOOD INSIDE. ENJOY YOUR SUNDAY NOW KNOWING HOW HAPPY SHE WAS.

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-24-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #193  

Michelle
I'm so happy that the dmil had such a good time.

Mel
Thank you for taking care of the seniors. They really don't need to be out in this heat.

-----
I bought myself a new desk top computer yesterday. I hooked it up wrong but the tech support from HP was really nice. It's up and running all except the internet. I need to call Verizon in the morning to ask if I can still use the wireless internet. I searched high and low for the cd and remembered that they installed it from a flash drive and dumb me never went to the websight to down load the program to a flash drive. I'm keeping my laptop just in case I need it later.
I talked to my sis from Dallas yesterday and believe it or not they will be in Nashville, Tn this week. I asked them if they were going to stop by but she said they didn't have enough time. Sigh. We're planning a sister's week-end for October.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #194  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Ok I will say it again - for the life of me I don't understand why Annie gets so excited about CLEANING DH is ripping the kitchen apart tearing down wallpaper. Today is sanding and maybe starting to paint. Every room in this house seems to be in some state of chaos and I can't stand it so I went upstairs to at least get rooms in showable order (real estate lady is coming Tuesday night to give us an assessment). Took all day to get 4 rooms done, 9 more to go Not that they were that messy, it's just that when I clean, I am VERY thorough and it takes a long time. I stopped about 7 last night, we got salads from Chick-Fil-A for supper and I was too tired to go in the pool. Just watched a movie - The Kids Are Alright with Annette Bening and Julianne Moore. A different kind of movie. I don't watch much cable anymore and some of the movies (like this one) I would have watched on Pay Per View are now just on Demand with HBO or Showtime Premium channels so I thought I'd get my money's worth. Still waiting to find out what's going on with the work front - I applied for 2 jobs but there is a lot of competion for very few jobs. Most of the stuff that is open is for very specialized skills I don't have. I am putting my faith that something will work out in the end despite how stressful this is. DH and I talked money yesterday, I think we have a workable plan until I can collect social security but as always, we have to sell the house first. It is BEASTLY hot and humid outside. Shad would be quite cozy. The rest of us are suffering. I was going to help DH by doing the mulching outside but I have too much to do inside and inside is the priority at the minute - told him I could probably help on Wednesday. Seems like no matter what we are working on, there are 3 or 4 things equally clamouring for attention.

Ceejay - we were looking at Dell and HP also for my new laptop. In my case, Dell was the better deal. Hope you enjoy the new computer. A bigger monitor is really a nice thing to have. Bummer that you can't meet up with your sister. Sometimes it works out that way. Maybe you could drive down and meet them outside of Memphis just for dinner or something on the way back?

Mel - I think it's easier to corral cats than seniors I so had to laugh at you sneaking the "C" word into posts already. Do you really think you can sneak that past Shad just because she's cold? I agree that the whole bombing in Norway just reopens old tears. So very sad and the death toll is climbing. What horrors one person can evoke.

On the other hand, one person can do much good too. Congrats Michelle on a nice party for the DMIL. I'm so glad you were able to surprise her and that everything turned out wonderful. I know that good feeling in your heart, wish we could bottle it up and take a whiff on the bad days that sometimes hit us up side the head. What a nice send off for her - she will get a lot of mileage out of those happy memories!

Annie so sorry you are having the blues about your personal life right now I wish I had an answer for you as to where the best shopping at the Man Store would be, but all I can say is there's alot of people looking, and no one has found it yet. I will keep my ears peeled. Yikers on the size difference between Sissy and Baby Daddy. I hope he is a bouncing baby boy and not a linebacker! At least not at birth - he can grow as much as he wants once he's out of the oven How are you hanging in there after your long stretch without a day off? Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers in my situation I agree with you about being mystified about the reasons things happen the way they do. Guess we just have to be open minded.

Shad - I just about pee'd myself with your comment about the current generation wanting to be fighter pilots and reality stars does not encompass the entire group of course but says alot. We have one young girl in our group - very pretty and in her early 20's - all things are still high and tight on her. The thing I am impressed with is that she is old school dress up in business attire. Not suits but she is always well put together with dresses, skirts or nice pants outfits. So not only is she pretty, she is very very professional. I complimented her one day - she is just an analyst but always looks like she is a business woman too. It's a rare instance as most people in our office dress very very casual with tattoos, capris, bare legs and t-shirts (because it's hot outside they say even tho it's often so cold in the office I have to turn my heater on). However, according to my manager, managers are no longer allowed to say anything to anyone about anything in the way of counseling or reprimanding without risking getting written up themselves. So there are groups of people who have figured this out and taken it to high advantage. And we ain't talking about the older workers in the office. The "seat warmers" IMHO are the Indians who are frequently seen chatting in groups in the cafeteria or the coffee room during work hours or outside smoking. They have figured out that no one will say anything because they are not being watched and if they were, it is there culture to band together with their own and be social.

But I get off topic... I hope you are having a nice time with R. Will you be headed back to a new job this week? Good luck prodding DS about finishing up the wall. When he's done I have some stone I need laid too

Hi Ellen - hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Laura - I use the terry bands when I'm outside even though I find them annoying. I also had a white cotton baseball type of woman's style hat (more fitted than boxy) that had a terry sweatband in it. It kept the sun out of the eyes and caught some of the sweat but unlike a bandanna or sweatband, you couldn't rinse it off so if it was really hot, the hat didn't work too well. Where did you wind up going with your friend? Find some good music?

I hear DH in the driveway. Will have to shut the computer down as he will start sanding. Have a good Sunday chicks. Talk later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #195  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Quick fly by as I am about to get ready to start my new job. Yep today is the day and my mini holiday is over. Put R back on a plane last night and sent her off to Melbourne where the day temp is half what we have here.

I have noticed the mention of the C word lately and even worse there was a C(word) tree on the freezer section in the supermarket last week just next to the frozen turkeys. I was horrified and said so to the store manager when I caught up with him talking to an equally irate group of young mothers whose belligerent offspring were now talking about C(word) presents and the red suit man himself. Talk about marketing genius!!!! And let me tell you that there is not much worse than a bunch of nasally Aussie sheilas hellbent on making their presence felt. Should unleash a bunch of them on the Imans and terrorists of Islam and Christian fundamentalist killers of innocents in Norway.

Anyway, I am off to shower and get emotionally prepared for the day ahead. I will try to get back tonight if I don't fall asleep instead.

Last edited by Shad; 07-24-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote