Old 07-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #136  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Monday already?

How the heck did Monday get here so dang fast?? I did not want to get up for work today. I haven't been sleeping well the past couple nights due to my sinuses. We have the A/C set to 75 or 76...but that doesn't even seem cool enough for me sometimes. And it's so dang hot and muggy outside 80 degrees and very humid when I got to work...supposed to get up to the low to mid 90s. I am finding I'm getting pretty winded outside and even a bit winded inside.

DMIL is staying with her sister this week, so I have to go straight home after work to let the dogs out and dispense medications. Then, I'm planning on going to the gym for either water aerobics or walking in the lazy river...depending on what time I finally get to the gym.

I got an extension on the website work until 8/7. That means that if I don't finish it before then, I can work on it the weekend after DMIL leaves. But I'm planning on working on it in the evenings this week while DMIL is at her sister's house.

DH gets two comp days for working Saturday night and Sunday. So he wants to look for days when it'll hopefull be a bit cooler and take those days off so we can do fun stuff with DMIL.

Laura - DMIL didn't want to go out AT ALL yesterday...not even to go from the A/C house to the A/C car to an A/C building. So she had a relaxing day at home reading, and I worked on websites. Glad to hear you got the gardening AND the trip lodging/itinerary done! Well done!! I really liked Zumba toning and I love the Zumba toning shaker sticks. Even though they are light weight, they still help with the toning, the fact that they make noise makes them more fun (for me anyway). My Zumba instructor does a arm/upper body toning routine to a song called "Mercy" by Duffy (whoever that is). And the chorus starts off "You got me begging you for mercy..." And it doesn't take too long into the song before your arms/shoulders are quite literally begging for mercy! Having the right Zumba instructor makes ALL the difference. The one who teaches the classes I go to (and who helped me modify routines for the exercise ball) had her own dance studio and taught all styles of dance professionally for many years before working at the Y. This heat is just nasty, isn't it? How does Coal deal with the heat/humidity? I keep reminding myself that in a few short months, I'll be begging for it to be a little warmer.

Shad - Bummer that you didn't sleep well last night. Your veg garden sounds like it will yield lots of yummy, nutritious treasure! Avocado and tomato on toast! Yummm!! I really enjoy historical museums too to see how things were done way back then. The historical museum in Japan sounds really interesting!! The penguin photo was cute. Thanks.

Ceejay - Glad you hear you had a nice weekend with your aunt and uncle! I hope you have a good work week.

Mel - I've never heard of plumbers arriving anywhere outside of normal business hours (8 to 5). I hope John feels better so he can take care of the rest of the day.

Happy - That sucks that the contractors did such a lousy job on the bathroom. I can totally understand your lack of desire to go to work after what happened. I hope you and DH can make this new job situation work to your advantage. Maybe you can get your house on the market faster and move up north sooner. Sending you big and : during this stressful time. Thanks for the weight loss congrats, my friend. The 12 pounds have been over the last few weeks...but other than last week (when I gained 2)...I've been losing at a rate of between 1 and 2.5 lbs per week. So I guess all the weighing/measuring/portion control of food combined with my increased ability to move a bit is helping. I wouldn't say I'm 100% back yet...as I still can't do weight bearing exercise...but I am getting my grove back. I'm really trying to only work on the website stuff while DMIL is resting so that I can enjoy as much time as possible with her. I'm hoping to get a lot done in the evenings this week...though I'm often so tired after working all day that it will be a challenge to get me to sit in front of a computer in the evening.

Annie - I hope you're doing okay. With all that stress you've got going on, I'm worrying about you, girlfriend.

Gotta get back to it...the project from h*ll waits for no one!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #137  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Monday, Monday......here we are again....bright side....only 19 more days till a day off....excited.

My garden is flourishing. Made zucchini bread last night and brought it into work. It was gone in about 15 mintues. I added pecans and also made cream cheese icing for it. Got my first tomato out of my garden, haven't cut into it yet. Also got a bunch of lettuce out and plan to make a salad. Two cucumbers and a bunch of banana peppers. Yummy yummy....

Happy...so sorry to hear about your job...it so stinks..trusting people is a fault of mine as I trust no one..ever. You can thank my cheating xh for that. Well at least fully trust anyone...I trust some people a little....hugs to you my friend and to DH.

Chelle...I know I don't need to say it, but girlfriend, be careful with your back and if it is hurting you, don't exercise. I can't wait to see Harry Potter. Maybe stop in this weekend and we can go, if I can find time..haha

Shaddie...glad you got some worked lined up....that must be a relief and to also get a week off before starting it. The week will fly by, that is the sad part.

Ceejay...glad you had some down time with the aunt and uncle. Nice to have a pleasant visit..

MELLIE....stay out of the heat, don't make me say it again. It is not good for you. I have been to that recipe site before...YUM.

Ellen...that is what I like at CVS...if I am not stocking shelves, posting signs then there is all the customers to wait on...time does go fast there, even if it is 8 hour shifts.

Laura...I love spiced Chai tea with just a tad of milk. Yummy! Sounds like you got a lot accomplished in your yard too, I didn't get much yard time this last weekend due to CVS work. My grass is brown and dead, which I am happy about as I don't have to cut it. lol

Best get back at it...crazy here today, to say the least.

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #138  

Morning all.

Annie - Mmmm, the zucchini cake sounds good - nuts & icing too - yum! OMG, that's a lot of work without a day off! Please be good to yourself!!

Michelle - Good you got an extension on the website work and will be able to spend more time w/ DMIL while she's still staying with you. I hate when it's just cool enough in the house that the AC won't kick in, and then it gets stuffy. And when the ceiling fan in the bedroom is turned up a bit, the air blowing on me is annoying... so I get being uncomfortable even in AC. And I get not wanting to go out in the heat, even just to go directly to AC'd locations! Coal gets tired out quickly in this weather, but I also wonder if he gets chilly inside w/ the AC because yesterday he went out in the yard with me and went straight to a sunny part of the lawn and plopped down and was soon rolling around on the grass enjoying himself, LOL. He still wants his walks too, but yesterday we waited until the sun was lower in the sky so the sun wouldn't be blazing away on us. As for the Zumba toning - I think I'll enjoy that class more once I do it a few more times... Like I said, the instructor didn't seem as good as the other, but maybe she was rusty from not teaching for a while. On the other hand, she seems like a lot of fun.

Happy - I can definitely understand not being ambitious re your job, given the circumstances. I hope you can hang tough with the finances until your house sells. How sucky that the bathroom construction isn't what it should be. So difficult to find good tradesman who give a damn. Now if someone had a million $ in their storage unit, surely they'd keep from going into arrears on the rental fees, and certainly not let it be auctioned off, LOL.

Mel - Hope the water tank install is going smoothly. Stay cool today! Love your diver!

Ceejay - Glad you had a nice weekend w/ the aunt & uncles.

Shad - Hope you find room for those tomato plants! Your breakfast sounded tasty!

Hello to Ellen!

Nothing much to report. One of the places we reserved for our vacay has reported the credit card being used to hold the reservation isn't going through - as of yesterday or today I think. The cc customer service said a new card had been sent and wasn't activated yet, but that wasn't the issue - and she didn't see any activity on the card after one on Sat. night. Hmmm. So unhelpful. Maybe the person didn't get the number correct. I do recall, once I was reminded of it, that I did get a new card, but I didn't activate it and have apparently let it be buried under more mail. We'll see if the transaction goes through once I activate it.

Sooo humid here, as Michelle reported from a bit further north, and supposed to be for another week. Groan. Bf will be walking doggy later in the day this week to at least avoid the sun. I feel like a captive indoors in this kind of weather.

Tonight I'm going to shoot for an exercise class - probably the step 101 class. At least I'll get to see my cousin.

That's about it, so TTFN!!

Last edited by Laura705; 07-18-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've become accustomed to my co-worker trying to maniuplate things. I'm learning to say NO in a hurry. She's going to learn that my birthday and Labor Day will be one week apart. I'm taking my birthday. I still have vacation days left and will be taking those before the years ends.

---------
Michelle
Fully understand about the ac and sinus problems. It's hard to get things situated.

Annie
Yummy on the zucchini cake. My mom made those.

Laura
Did I miss the part about where you were planning on going for vacation?
I may take off again the end of September and the first of October. I need to visit my sister in Dallas. I may drive this year.

Hello's to Happy, Mel, Shad and Ellen
I'll come back later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:48 AM   #140  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING LADIES.

THERE IS OUTRAGE AMONG THE MASSES AS WE NOW HAVE NO HOT WATER AT ALL. NOT SURE WHAT'S GOING ON BECAUSE
NO ONE PUT OUT ANY SIGNS YESTERDAY, OR CALLED ME BEFORE THEY ENT HOME OR EVEN CALLED BACK ABOUT THE TENANTS COMPLAINTS.
SO I PUT A SIGN ON MY DOOR SAYING I WENT BACK TO BED.

HAD A PRETTY GOOD DAY YESTERDAY AND AN EVEN BETTER NIGHT CHATTING WITH SHADDIE.
SHE ALWAYS SETS MY PERSONAL WORLD TO RIGHTS. HUGS TO YOU MY LIL SIS

LEFT A MESSAGE FOR JOHN ABOUT THE WATER PROBLEM AND I AM STAYING UPSTAIRS TO MIND MY OWN BUSINESS.
I AM SURE TENANTS WILL BE LINED UP IN THE LOBBY WAITING FOR HIM TO ARRIVE

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

SHAD...I HAD A GREAT NIGHTS SLEEP FINALLY JUST KNOWING WHAT ROCKETS WERE
THANKS FOR THE CHAT....I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW. MUST BE THAT HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER IS THE PROPER CURE!!

HAPPY.........SENT YOU AN EMAIL FULL OF HUGS AND LOVE THE OTHER NIGHT.
HOPE IT WILL BE ENOUGH TO FILL IN THE GAPS FOR THE JOB FIASCO. I WAS SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT IT.
WISHING YOU AND DH ALL THE BEST AND PRAY THERE IS A SILVER LINING IN THERE SOMEWHERE.

CEEJAY.........I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOUR TIME WITH THE FAMILY HAS BEEN GOOD.
SEEMS LIKE THIS SUMMER IS PASSING BY SO QUICKLY!
I AM GLAD YOU ATE STICKING TO YOUR BIRTHDAY & VACATION PLANS! GOOD FOR YOU

LAURA....YOUR WEEKEND WAS FILLED WITH NICE STUFF. I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE MAILED MY LAUNDRY TO YOU LAST WEEK!!
I LIKE THE IDEA OF THE ZUMBA CLASS WITH THE morocca-type WEIGHTS....GAVE ME A CHUCKLE JUST READING IT.
I CAN JUST SEE THE SENIORS DOING THEIR STRETCHES WITH THEM!!

ANNIE.........THE FOOD ALL SOUNDED GREAT AND I AM DYING FOR FRESH TOMATOES!! YUM.
YOU WILL DEFINITELY BE OUR CHEEF AT THE COMMUNE...I ;LOVE TO SIT AND WATCCH GOOD COOKS!!! LOL

MICHELLE........HOPE YOUR BACK FEELS BETTER TODAY. A FRIEND WENT TO THE HP MOVIE AND SAID IT WAS GREAT.
ONE OF THE BEST. HOPE SHE IS RIGHT YOU AND DH SOUND VERY BUSY. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK WITH THE 12 LBS LOSS! CONGRATULATIONS

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-19-2011 at 06:57 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #141  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey ladies -

Yesterday was difficult for me. DH was having an extremely bad day at work and was worried he might lose his job (due to some unrecoverable files after a major system crash)...and my work wasn't going well either. Things seem a lot better for DH today, he was able to recover most of the files.

I had to work hard to steer clear of the yummy, fattening foods in the cafeteria and opt for a salad (so I didn't go over my calorie limit for the day). But at least the salad I had was really yummy too, and a healthy accompaniment to the sandwich I brought from home.

I went to the gym and did 1/2 hour of ball Zumba and 1/2 hour of strength training. I was going to go to the pool or lazy river, but with a heat index of over 100, I thought it would probably be really crowded. Then when I got home from the gym...there it was in the frig...one of DH's regular, sugarey, Sunkist Orange Soda all cold and inviting and calling my name, I swear. But I thought to myself, "Seriously? Do I really want to DRINK all the calories I just worked so hard to burn off?" So I opted for a diet soda.

It was a restless night for me, DH and the doggies. The dogs wanted to go out every couple hours. So I'm sleepy today...but at least my back isn't sore like I thought it would be.

Tonight, I'm going to do 1/2 hour of ball Zumba, and maybe 20 or so minutes of recumbent stepper. I really do love the endorphins! And I'm exercising in ways that don't hurt my back...and hopefully make my back/core stronger.

Annie - Zucchini bread sounds yummy! Glad to hear your garden is flourishing! I'm FINALLY getting green tomatoes...hopefully soon I'll be seeing summer squash. I'd love to drive down so we could see HP together.

Laura - Too funny about Coal getting chilly inside in the A/C and warming up in a sunny spot on the lawn. My doggies did that too! At first, I thought "are you dogs crazy? It's so dang hot out there!" But I saw them rolling on the grass and soaking it all in. They were loving it. How was step class last night?

Ceejay - Good for you for saying NO to your co-worker and insisting on taking your b'day off. My b'day and Labor Day fall in the same week...but we don't have any real plans for either. How nice to be visiting your sister in Texas!

Mel - No hot water? What a coincidence! That's happened to 2 or 3 of my friends here in WI in the past day or two. The general consensus is to put a pail of water outside and it will heat up fast enough. Bummer that there's such a lack of communication at your place...but I'm proud of you for putting a sign on your door and going back to bed! So glad that you and Shad had a nice talk!

Happy - Still sending you lots of : and

Shad - Glad you and Mel were able to set at least part of the world right. Can you please work on fixing the economy, the environment, and peace on earth next?

Big to Ellen! I hope you and the family are all doing great!

Lots of love and hugs to all,
Old 07-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #142  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Good for you standing firm re your vacation days! Re my vacation - it was originally scheduled for May, and since no planning took place, we moved it to Sept. We're going to the Pacific NW and will spend time in Vancouver, British Columbia, Seattle, WA and Port Angeles, WA (which is near Olympic National Park).

Mel - Glad you're distancing yourself from the no hot water problem. You might try Michelle's solution and put a container outside your window for the sun to heat it up.

Michelle - So glad dh recovered the files - yesterday must have been a nightmare for him. Good job on the exercise. I lost track of the time at work and before I knew it I'd missed my train. The one I took got me home right when the step class started. I skipped the 8 pm class, which was Zumba. Such a slacker I am, but I did a few sets of arm & shoulder exercises in front of the tv w/ some hand weights. Good for you resisting the orange soda! I'm drinking mostly ice water at home - we haven't bought any soda in a while. When eating out, I'm about 75/25 soda/iced tea - trying to cut back there too.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies - I'm sure one or more of you have snuck in by now.

Nothing much to report - already mentioned skipping exercise class last night. I just spilled some tea on my white t-shirt - I never wear the darn thing and then when I do - I spill something on it. And tea will probably never come out - tea stains are tough!

Movie tonight is "A Better Life" - only saw the preview once, but looked good. It's about an illegal alien father and son in the US. However...I may not be able to go - there's a scheduling conflict and bf needs the car. And this isn't the theater near the house, so I wouldn't ask my movie group pals for a ride because this would be totally out of their way.

Okay, gotta run. Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #143  

No sneaker-inners? Okay.

Hey Michelle - I was just thinking that with the dogs waking you up during the night, they probably kept your back from getting stiff, LOL.

Last edited by Laura705; 07-19-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #144  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - So what you're saying is on days when I work out hard, I should get up every hour or so at night so my back doesn't get stiff? Interesting theory! The Pacific NW is a great place to vacation. I used to live in Tacoma, and we frequently went to Seattle, and went to Vancouver, BC a couple times too. Good for you for exercising last night even though you missed the classes. I hope the tea stains come out. I keep a Tide stain stick in my desk because I'm always spilling. I also avoid wearing white because I'm so messy. Bummer that you might have to miss movie night.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #145  
Creating a Healthier Me

A new development at my DH's job....his boss has thrown him under the bus...saying that it was entirely his fault, that he lacks drive, commitment, initiative, etc. And his last review was stellar! And with all he's done for her/the company. Basically we're hoping he can hang onto this job and won't be made a scapegoat.

Please keep your fingers crossed for him/his job. Send :, prayers or whatever.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #146  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey All....

Hot and steamy here too, it is all across the states, everywhere. Just crazy. Sadly, I wish it would rain....

Chelle...keeping fingers crossed and praying my arse off for DH...YIKES...maybe the big bosses will see through DHs boss. And a system crashing is usually no one's fault...it just happens. I am so very proud of you for not drinking the fattening soda....yeah...great choice!!

Laura...who is in "A Better Life"? Don't think I have heard of that one. I have a friend that lives in Portland, OR, has for about 6 years, and I have not been to visit one time. Bad Annie.

MELLIE...good for you on putting out your sign and going back to bed. That is what I like to hear. Have they thought about a replacement for John? and who it might be?

Ceejay...once you say no a few times, it gets easier to do. Stick to your guns dearheart!

Hello's to the rest of yuns....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #147  
Creating a Healthier Me

Just a couple things for this check in....

A NSV FOR ME: Despite how stressful the last two days have been, I am staying 100% On Plan in terms of diet and exercise! That's a really big victory for me!

and...

Annie - We're praying for a nice gentle soaking rain...not flooding, not tornados, not damaging wind or hail...just a good soaking rain.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Wow, Some bosses are on the look out to stab a person! Sounds like your DH is one of them -- We all know that a computer can crash for no reason. At least he was able to recover all the files. That reminds me I need to back up my files. Sending prayers and good vibes for DH.
We need a good soaking rain. But each time it rains here the humidity sky rockets. I feel for the people in Oklahoma and Texas.

Laura
The vacation sounds nice and should be somewhat cooler in September.

The internet has been down at the water plant all morning. I had my boss/friend to reset it it in the other bosses office.

Last night I rode the bike for twenty minutes. My sister said to ride 4 miles so that's what I did. My goal is to get my hdl up to 60 or higher. My sis has brought hers up to 46. She told me that she took Niaspan for one month-She got a free sample. Nothing new here.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #149  

Michelle - Yay for the NSV! Don't let the emotions win. Praying DH keeps his job! : And for rain!

Annie - I didn't recognize anyone from that movie (only saw the preview once) - or I probably forgot... We wanted to visit Oregon on this vacation, but didn't want to spread ourselves too thin. Done several vacations where it was just go-go-go and not enough relaxing time.

Ceejay - Good job riding the bike!
Attached Files
File Type: doc hot2.doc (58.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Laura705; 07-19-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #150  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

OMG Michelle - one for poor DH - I hope he escapes the bus - I understand how that can be. that all goes well for him and he dodges the bullet. Work is a hazardous place now a days.

The other OMG is that I have an entire 12 pack of DIET Sunkist Orange soda that for whatever reason Mom left and I did not notice. When I told her about it she said she would have taken it but never explained why she didn't. I also have a half 12 pack of Diet Barq's rootbeer up for grabs. I sure wish it didn't cost so much to ship six dollars worth of soda

It has been a very very emotional week for me. Seems like we are stuck here until we sell the house. And houses are not moving right now. We have an appointment with a realtor on Monday. I hope this means I can find a job because we might have to stay here longer. I cannot tell you how soul CRUSHING that idea is to me but it is what it is. We can't afford to risk losing the houses. So I could use some prayers too when you are done with Michelle's DH.

I have been at work rather late all week too - didn't get home until 7:30 tonight - DH put out the trash and is taking a shower and we are having a light dinner when he gets done and it's already 8:30 at night.

Mel - thank you for the email - it means alot believe me

Laura - it's a pretty area up that way in the Pacific NW - good to take your time and enjoy it. A very outdoorsy area so take some time to smell the mist and the fresh air. Too bad you won't be going to Victoria - go see the Butchart Gardens. High raves from me and Shad - gorgeous flowers

Ok DH just came down and I have to go feed us. Back later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote