Old 12-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #166  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

We awoke to a major ***** storm here today, so we just stayed indoors. I managed to get a cold or flu bug; had a dry, hacking cough which is getting better tonight: must be from all the prayers for me (thanks). The temps have dropped down to -20 C and the winds are fierce so it would feel about 10 degrees colder than that. Hope it warms up this week, becuz I have some bills to pay!

Hmmm ... not sure if the PM's are working yet; haven't tried one lately. Hope you all are having a peaceful and restful holiday week; take good care ... ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 265.6/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

We got a small snowstorm today as well...

Well I did 30mins on the elliptical. My back is all sweaty but I persevered.. Now i am ready to sleep. zzzzzzzz
tricia80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #168  

I did a weigh in today and was at 252.8 even with christmas i managed to not gain a whole lot.. thank goodness. Now to keep on with the ellipitcal and eating on plan so i don't for new years.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #169  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default London got hit good with snow

We had sever snow squalls yesterday last night and today. I tried to go to an alarm in Lucan last night and could only get as far as Birr(teeny tiny town) when I had to turn back. It was absolutely impossible to see to go further. I made an honest effort. It was the scaredest I have ever been while driving.

I have done so well while working this week I will have to be very diligent not to screw it up while I am off for Thrusday and Friday.
2b125by46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #170  
Rosebud

CONGRATS to both you ladies for doing so well! I think I did much better this year too. We put the leftover turkey stuff in the freezer for future meals; gave the birdies leftover nuts and tidbits; tossed some (shhhhh); and the rest that DH wants for New Years has been put out in cold storage ...

Back on track today; stayed OP; and very happy about that ... phew! This is really a tuff time of year. Already making plans how to do things better for next year. Think I'll take a holiday from the cooking too ...

It's really cold here again (-20C with winds); a little snow fell but I think it was mostly stuff blowing around. It's supposed to be much milder tomorrow; hope they are right! Have a great week ladies ... Rosebud
Old 12-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #171  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we did get much milder temps so we did get out to pay bills and pick up a few basic groceries today; so nice to pay bills off after Christmas -- gives you a peaceful feeling. The even peaked out for us this afternoon; that was a nice surprise (as they were calling for clouds).

So far, am OP and eating well today; got lots of walking in which I enjoyed more with the milder temps (did my store-walking today by going around the outside perimeter of the huge store). It's time to go put dinner on now; something healthy but filling ...

Take good care -- hope you have a good week (even if you do have to work) ... Rosebud
Old 12-31-2009, 05:00 PM   #172  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Default My first big pay cheque

and I bought tires for my Jeep and a treadmill. I finally own a treadmill. After years of wanting one I own one. I am so happy right now. I am just waiting for Dh to come home so we can put it together.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #173  
Rosebud

2010 ~ HAPPY NEW YEAR ~ 2010

May this new year of a new decade be a year of new beginnings, renewed hopes, new dreams, renewed health, new victories, and a year full of new blessings for you and yours ...

ROSEBUD
Old 12-31-2009, 08:21 PM   #174  

Happy New Year to All!!!!

I am exhausted tonight. I don't think i am gonna stay up.. Well its official i have been redeployed in my hospital to Hemo. I am sorta happy because new skills and no layoff.. I am sad because the RN's are pissed that RPN's are coming and are gonna be butt munches (at least i hope not)

I still have applications going through for Northern Nursing. Yukon hasn't called back.. I am hoping its because of the holidays. I would love to go.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:03 AM   #175  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Tricia, Just remember you will get the job you are meant to have. When I started applying for jobs in the security field it was the spring of 2006. I got so discouraged when the things I was applying for never panned out. It was my sister that said "the right thing will come along, the job you are meant to have" so I kept applying then one day during the summer of 2008 I was on Montsers Inc. com and found the add for the Security company I now work for. It was ment to be now I am full time after a year + with the company doing something I really enjoy and eventually I am sure I will get the "dream" postion that will take me to retirement age. Its all in the timing.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #176  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Congrats 2b on the treadmill and Tricia on the elliptical. They will give you some new exercise options.

Rosebud, Happy New Year to you to. You are always so positive and upbeat.

I have not been feeling well the past few days. Some kind of a stomach bug. I am on the mend though. Happy New Year everyone! Let's make this our year!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #177  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Finished my first 15 min at 2.5 mph on level. I am out of shape and will have to build up to a decent walking speed and level.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #178  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ yes, it seems that 2 of you got just what you wanted for Christmas. I still have my rowing machine and walking is still my favorite exercise; but I do the other toning stuff each morning upon waking too. My stretchie band snapped again; guess it's getting too old, as this is the second time it has happened. So I will have to keep my eyes peeled for a new one somewhere ...

JUDY ~ thanks! I have the odd down moment (not too often), but that is usually caused by someone else , but people always say that I am quite upbeat and I am. I like to look on the bright side of life; there is so much beauty on this earth, and so much to look forward to each day. We are blessed, and we very thankful for that too.

2b ~ I agree -- the right job will come eventually; many people are glad to have any job right now (we have many men out of work here). There is a lot of upheaval for now, but things usually calm down in time.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud
Old 01-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #179  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

I woke up and decided a run would be a good idea. Crazy but with the temp around 10c and light rain it was perfect. I haven't run since August so was a bit worried. Took 1 of my dogs and she pulled me along, 5km in about 35 min, I walked a bit. Have to love this mild temperate rain forest weather!

Now will I manage to keep this up? good question, 2-3 times a week would be good.

Steamed up a huge plate of vegies, put on a big pot of pea soup, and finished off the ham. Should be a tasty dinner tomorrow, I love pea soup.

Have a wonderful Sunday
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #180  

ok ladies.. i jumped on the elliptical and did 15mins and 25mis of yoga...and am tired and wet... and could barely breathe...

I bought jillian michaels dvd 30 min shred.. oh my i barely lasted 8 mins... i am too fat to be doing jumping jacks at 1030pm in an apt.. LOL so i hopped onto the elliptical...