Old 01-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 265.6/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

i like xweighted.. some of those ppl really do need a good smack.. LOL

that seems like its gonna be fun... i am so gonna register...
tricia80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #197  

ok so i completed the biggest loser's last chance workout dvd and man oh man my arms are jelly but I feel good.. I actually finished it.. wow .... my 11 yr old gave up halfway through... i am soo excited..

Tomorrow i will be in pain.. today I am happy i finished something i thought i couldn't do... Now to do it 6x a week.. that might be a different story.. LOL
Old 01-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #198  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi there. I haven't been on this Canadian thread in over a year. Just forgot as there are so many threads on 3FC.

I'm so glad 2B mentioned X-Weighted. I love that show. It's so much more real than the Biggest Loser. I have only a few more pounds to lose but I think I'll register anyway as it seems the last few pounds love me so much they don't want to leave. They will be doing random draws for prizes as well and it would be great to have my name in for that.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:08 AM   #199  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie, glad to find some other Canadians on here.

I also signed up for the X-Weighted challange, I considered applying for the show in the past but lost my nerve and my hubby wouldn't do it with me. Did anyone see the episode of a family shot in Edmonton where the daughter did dog agility with a border collie named Piper? I know Piper and her owner Sue, very nice people, wonderful dog... we bug her that she's famous now.

Did anyone have trouble entering their weight and height? The boxes weren't where they were supposed to and wouldn't let me enter anything for weight. I guess I'll try again tomorrow... maybe after I dig out a tape measure. Measurements are NOT going to be fun.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 01-09-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #200  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

LADIES, LADIES, LADIES,

Check this out!!! Its Canadian and we could win prizes, real prizes. http://xweighted.ca/my-x-weighted-signup

I also started a group there, look for it if you sign up.
http://xweighted.ca/the-community/gr...rrounding-area

I call this insentive. My ultimate goal is to get to 125 by June 9,2010 so if this gives me the insentive to get there I am all for it.

Laura

Last edited by 2b125by46; 01-09-2010 at 09:29 AM.
2b125by46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #201  
Gotta run!

For those that signed up for the X-weighted challange, can I ask what it set as your weight loss goal? After I entered all of my information it only gave me 24lb as a 26 week goal. I was going to set it higher then I noticed a thing that said you wouldn't be entered for all the prizes if you set your own goal. And gosh darnit! I want prizes!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:36 AM   #202  

mine was 65lbs in 26weeks... eeeeeek better rev things up
Old 01-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #203  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Gee, those goals sound a bit high to me -- 65 lbs in 26 weeks is 2.5 each week all the way thru or 10 lbs a month; the other lady would have to lose at least 18 lbs a month to reach 125 by June 2010 (107 lbs divided by 6 months). Most places recommend a 1-2 lb loss per week; and 1 lb would be safer becuz you would have less of a chance of REGAINING it all back. Most experts agree that any weight lost too fast will be gained back with interest, sooner or later.

Sorry, not trying to put a damper on your enthusiasm, ladies and I hope you all do very well! Just wonder how they are coming up with their figures. I'm not going by weight, but sizes; that has been my main goal all along and I am sticking with it.

The last time I was weighed at the doctors the nurse wouldn't even wait for me to take my winter coat and boots off; and said, "Does it really matter?" I was shocked at her condescending attitude; and my new doctor won't stop harrassing me to get bariatric surgery, which I am not getting!

I am on my own here. In my whole life, I have never received any good advice from any of my doctors regarding weightloss, so I am doing it my way from now on. I am not setting myself up for failure anymore. I am going for healthy this time; and with GOD's help, I will succeed ...

I wish you all well in your new challenge, and will gladly cheer you on in your weightloss journey ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-10-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #204  

I know that deep down i probaby won't do it.. For me its something to motivate me. I have no idea what they are thinking as far as how they calculate those #'s. 2.5lbs for me though isn't far from the 1-2.. we shall see..

I am also looking at the Running Room clinics in my area to see and my ministry has approved me to get the Wii as long as it is used for fitness only.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #205  
Isabella

I signed up at the X-Weighted challenge and when I checked out my goal weight and weight loss for the 26 weeks it said I was going to lose 125 pounds and my goal weight would be 11 pounds. hahahahaha. I wouldn't even be a grease spot at 11 pounds. Somehow things got mixed up. I couldn't edit the mistake so I just emailed them with my problem.

Did you do the fitness test? I did and I'm close to death. My legs are so sore I can hardly move. Last night when I did the test I could barely stand when I was finished. But I'm going to persist and practice the exercises so I can do them better and faster in 6 months. It took me 12 minutes and 20 seconds to complete the test which really told me I'm out of shape.

It's cold here today. We've had unusually spring like weather since Christmas and today's more seasonal temperatures are shocking to the system. I did get a walk in this morning before the muscles started seizing up and that warmed me up some.

Hope you all had a good day.

Last edited by retiredone; 01-11-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #206  
Isabella

I just got an email back from the X-Weighted challenge. They sent me a link to reset my stats. So I'm good to go.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #207  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Lynn View Post
Lauren, maybe you would benefit form a lightbox. I know I feel better when I use mine.
Judy Lynn- what is a lightbox??
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #208  
Gotta run!

I think it's calculating what you would need to loose to get down to a healthy BMI but I'm not sure.

I also thought the fitness test killed, I was wheezing half way through it and it took me way longer to finish. In fact, I almost didn't finish and my legs are still killing me today. Whenever anyone asks why I'm walking funny I tell them it's because I FAILED a fitness test on the weekend.

You really did the whole thing a little over 2 minutes???
Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #209  
Isabella

Hahahah. I was wondering who in the world did that fitness test in 2 minutes. I guess it was me but it was a typing error. It should have read 12 minutes 20 seconds. I just edited that post. I'm still sore and stiff and am not getting up very often. I think it's worse today than yesterday. I'm eating Ibuprofen for a vegetable today.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #210  
Gotta run!

LoL - I'm sorry but that makes me feel ssooo much better! That test was really tough, my arms aren't so bad but my legs are really killing me. I'm out of Ibuprofen

Lauren - Google "light therapy", that will show you what a light box is. I have one and it really helps, it's for people who get depressed because they don't get enough of the proper spectrum of light. Canadian winters are notoriously grey and bleh. Even if you don't think you depression is influenced by this it very well may be. I was surprised at the difference it made for me.