Old 02-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #271  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Aunty Jam, I second the vote for pasta. You could have a large plateful if you fill the pasta with all kinds of vegetables.

Rosebud, sounds like your day is going good. I've been on the go most of the day-walked, hair appointment, dentist appointment, church goodwill centre, prayer meeting in a few minutes. Most days mine are much more confined to the house.

Wish winter was gone. My legs and feet feel so heavy when I'm walking with boots and double layers on my legs. When spring comes I'll think I'm flying in lighter clothing. Hahaha, when the wind hits me I do think I'm flying.

Have a great evening ladies. Catch you later.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #272  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ We were gonna go out today for a couple of pick-ups and for a walk, but the winds were really cold, making it feel much colder than it was. Tonight it is suppose to drop down to -17C, and with the winds, that would feel more like -27C; I can already hear the winds coming down the furnace pipe, as I am typing this post ...

Today, we were making up our bed with a new blanket that I picked up and I pulled my groin muscle ... that really smarts.Thankfully, after I rested for a while, the pain subsided and I was OK to get dinner going early, so DH could go to a charity hockey game. In the future, I am going to have to be much more careful ...

I had another really good OP day today; was happy about that. I am tweaking and revising my plan as I go. Instilling some ideas from other plans, but still using my basic plan that I devised many years ago now. I am getting better at it as time goes by.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow; we may be hybernating, if it gets much colder here ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-10-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #273  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

I feel bad for you guys... it's getting wamer here! We got up to 1°c yesterday! This is a rare winter treat for us... although we did have some of this a few months ago too. It's been an odd winter all around.

Unfortunately I had pasta last night, now pasta again for lunch today (left overs) <sigh> and now pasta on sunday. I've asked if hubby could make whole wheat pasta but he really doesn't like it. I'm going to eat maybe half of the pasta I brought for lunch. I weighed myself this morning and it wasn't a good result.

According to my Wii I ran 6610 meters in 20 minutes last night! That's my best distance ever by almost 500 meters! That's running on the spot but I did lap the pool table a few times.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #274  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

So, what did you all think of the Olympic Opening Ceremonies? I thought they were beautifully done, and I was very moved by the Olympic flag and torch ceremony. I figured the final torch bearer would be Wayne Gretzky. Perfect choice, IMHO. So sad about the young luger though. Tragic.

We have a long weekend here in Alberta, does everyone get that? I am going to take it easy and try to get over my cold.

We are having very moderate temps here too. Not enough to melt the snow, though.

Have a good weekend, everyone.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #275  
Gotta run!

I liked the ceremonies and I agree Gretz was the perfect choice. I was so sad when the Georgian team marched in, such a horrible thing to have happened. Did anyone else see the crash? Made my stomach lurch.

Pasta dinner has turned into chicken parmasean (sp?) so I can still have pasta and fill up on nummy chicken. I was tempted to get a bottle of wine for my relaxing bath last night but decided to hold out and get it on Sunday. Then I ended up having an extra long work out and had a quick shower instead of a long bath My husband is half Italian and is a wonderful cook, I specifically asked for home made sauce so I am really looking forward to tomorrow! I'm going to have to make sure to drink lots of water before dinner so I don't over eat!
Old 02-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #276  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi there. I didn't see the opening ceremonies but I did see the luge accident yesterday afternoon. So sad.

Aunty Jam, your Valentine Dinner sounds like it will be a winner. We're having veggie burgers because we haven't had them in ages and we both like them very much.

Since last time I posted I've been down and out with a very sore lower back. Haven't been able to walk (outside) or exercise since Thursday afternoon. I think it might have been the wood chopping I was doing. I thought it might be a good workout for my arms but my back disagreed...sigh...It's gone from terrible to bad so I guess by Monday or Tuesday I'll be back to my normal exercise routine minus the wood chopping. I've been doing hot baths and icing the area which has helped some and I've been eating Ibuprofen as a 5th food group. Today it poured rain so my walk would have been put on hold anyway but I would have gone on my exercise bike. Oh, well, I'm on the mend.

Have a good day people.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #277  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ NO, we haven't seen any of the Olympics becuz we don't have cable or satellite tv; I am just going to keep track on the net for the results like I did last time. I am kind of glad that I didn't see that accident; so I am sending up some prayers for those involved. Gee, it's been some time since we have seen any really bad accidents at these kind of games; will have to pray that the athletes won't be frazzled (?) by that incident.

Sounds like you all have some nice plans for Valentine's Day; we may have something special, but haven't decided what yet. I was kinda thinkin' of Shepherd's pie (one of DH's faves); we picked some frozen ones up on sale last week. They are so much nicer when all you have to do is pop them in the oven.

RO ~ sorry you hurt your back; I strained my right groin muscle so have been taking it easy the last couple days myself and am feeling better for it. You just gotta do what ya gotta do; and that's rest until you are healed. Then just pick up from where you left off.

AUNTY ~ you've been getting lots of exercise in; sounds like you have lots of room to jog indoors -- you must have a big rec room somewhere. If I have leftover pasta, I freeze some for a few days later or the next week for a lunch so I don't have the pasta too often in one week; but as long as you spread it out, it should be OK. Plus re-inventing the dish is a great idea too.

JUDY ~ our temps warmed up to 0C today with some -- then tonight, they dropped back down to about -10C, plus the winds slowed down and we have had some ***** over the evening as well.

Hope you all have a pleasant Valentine's Day tomorrow; we also have a civic holiday called FAMILY DAY on Monday here in Ontario. Take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-13-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #278  
Gotta run!

RO & RB - Take care of yourselves! Hope you both get healed up and back at it soon.

We also have Family day here in Alberta Do you guys have anything special planned for tomorrow?

We have a fairly big room in the basement, it's a little tight with most of it taken up by the pool table but it works. Hubby has grand plans for the basement that includes removing walls and adding a wet bar. We'll see.

I'm trying to get lots of exercise but unfortunately I usually get lots of food too. Friday night I worked out for an hour, I did 10 minutes of step before and after a 20 minute run, then just for the heck of it I ran for another 10 minutes and did another 10 minutes of step to cool down. My legs are still sore! LOL. Some friends and I have signed up for a 5k run in August so I'll be starting the couch to 5k program soon. I'm trying to figure out how to fit my Mom in Laws old treadmill into the basement. Wish me luck!

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 02-14-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #279  
Gotta run!

Help! Hubby came home with the groceries for dinner (and also some roses and alstroemerias ) with a cheese cake sampler for desert!!!!! Basically a whole cheese cake made up of pieces from all different kinds of cheese cake!

God give me strength!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #280  
Rosebud

AUNTY ~ I think that is so cute; roses + plus a plant (flower?) + cheesecake sampler ... I bet he thinks cheesecake is healthy for you. Now, if you just take a bite or square from a few that won't be so bad ... I said, only a bite ...

Prayers ascending ...

Off to check on my dinner too -- we are having Beef Shepherd's Pie + baked apple & blueberry crumble ... yum!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-14-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #281  
Rosebud

Well, we did have our so-called Beef Shepherd's pie on V-Day; but it was really a vegetarian Shepherd's pie with no Shep in it! You would have gone blind lookin' for the boeuf ... And if that isn't bad enuff, I bought 8 of those suckers ... LOL! So now I am conjuring up a way that I can sneak some meat in there somehow ...

We went shopping today as there was a break in the ***** and the temps came up to about 0C. Picked up some salad stuff and veggies etc. Got a lot of walking in but now I feel like the tin man, so have to go put my legs up after I get out of here. Hope you all are having a great week and I just know that you are all busy watching the Olympics right now ...

ttyl ... Rosebud
Old 02-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #282  
Gotta run!

Loved the Canadian Mens hockey last night! Was hoping Chan would do better in his short program but they say there is still a chance he may make it to the podium. Keeping my fingers crossed. Did you guys see the women snowboarder who won gold? Yay!

Vday dinner was really good but he accidentally put to much splenda in the sauce and it was a little sweet. No heartburn though... The cheese cake was so heavy, bleh, I had 2 half pieces (= 1 whole piece ) then read the bottom of the container yesterday... 440 calories per piece!!!!! HOLY CARP! I told him to get it out of the house, it actually made me a little sick, I've never been one for rich foods.

What did everyone do for Family day? Mom and I went to our new art gallery, then dress shopping, then dinner, then grocery shopping. Whew... busy day.

I haven't had a chance to run lately, I want to start the couch to 5k program but I have a business trip in March that's not going to leave me any time to run. Think I can "pause" training for a week? Maybe the repeat the last week I did before I move on?

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 02-17-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #283  
dougs wife sarahs mommy

S/C/G: 210/194/165

Height: 5'6

i'm here, Fraser valley BC ... about 40-hour away from Vancouver. Its a beautiful day here (12 degrees yesterday), i wish i had found this thread months ago it would have helped alot. Course we didn't have a bad winter this year i could have REALLY used it last winter and the one before. Anyway i'm glad i'm here now.
jenatgym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #284  
Rosebud

JEN ~ glad you finally found us! I try to steer new Canadians our way, if I see some in the Introduction Forum, but I'm sure I don't catch them all. You have balmy weather out there compared to us; we have been having ***** for the last 2 days and they are predicting more for the rest of the week. I took some pics of it yesterday; as it is piling up on the deck out front. It's -6C near the house but I can hear those winds howling out there, so it is probably a lot colder out in the open ...

AUNTY ~ oh dear, sorry you didn't notice the count on that cheese cake -- we can get individual mini ones here sometimes for about 120 cals each, but then I just eat about 1/2 at a time and put it back in the freezer. They only have them now and then though, not all the time; which is commonplace in a small town like this. Count it as a special occasion, and keep on going!

Just stayed home today and rested; as I seemed to need that. Guess I did a bit too many exercises and with the walking added on ... it was just too much. Gotta watch that: less is more, they say. Hope you all have a good week ... Rosebud
Old 02-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #285  
dougs wife sarahs mommy

S/C/G: 210/194/165

Height: 5'6

thanks for the welcome, this thread didn't show up through the new posts search so i missed your welcome.

It wasn't a good day yesterday, sarah (my toddler) is sick, my hubby's sick and we leave for hawaii in 1 day less than 2 weeks. Everyone better get better by then lol.
jenatgym is offline   Reply With Quote