Old 01-25-2010, 01:28 AM   #241  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Tricia, Thanks for the info I have seen that cottage cheese but never read the label. I will look into it. I buy their full fat sour cream for Dh. Also congratulations on the 17 lbs keep up the good work.

Congrats to Aunty as well for the weight she has lost.

Started my night shifts again. Slept better Sunday. Hopefully it will stay that way this week. Must try to get on the treadmill too this week. I am so looking forward to the day when my days off will actually be days off.

Keep up the good work ladies. I will pop in again when i can. take care everyone.

Laura
2b125by46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #242  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Thanks guys Yes, I have a few more days to go... 2 or 3.

I've also discovered only 15 pounds can make a visable difference... I love it when people comment, really gets me going.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #243  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO FELLOW CANUCKS ~ it rained last night; then froze, so we had ice and skating rinks this AM. Saw DH & a neighbour doing the slip & slide serenade so decided to stay home today. It was even milder today and by this aft, the roads were clear ... but now they are changing their minds and say the temps are going back down starting tomorrow ...

Uh, huh ... the joys of living in Canada, eh? Oh, it's not too bad really! We still have February and March to get through but the days are whizzing by. Have a great week ladies ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-25-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:55 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 265.6/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

it rained yesterday but our community salters were out last night.. that is one thing about this area i love.. they do a good job of keeping the roads clear.. obviously not great when there are huge storms but they do a better job than when we lived in hamilton...

Well i barely ate or drank yesterday and AF decided to rear her head which means i broke a cyst... ahhhh i have to wait til feb 9 and i am gonna be asking my family doc for bcp.. cuz i am sick of the pain... anyways time to go and pack we move feb 20th... eeeeeek
tricia80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #245  
Rosebud

TRICIA ~ did you get that new job? Are you moving north? I thought that maybe I missed a post or something; or did I just forget again ...

It is pretty cold here again and the temps dropped down to -20C last night, and we could feel it in here: had to put the furnace up a tad. This AM, we had some more ***** flurries, then the came out and warmed us up until the mid-afternoon when it ***** a litte more.

We just had an easy lazy day dinner tonight but I did make sure to have my salad along with it. Another lady and I were talking about how we need to eat some good fats every day to keep hunger cravings at bay.

I am reading a book called FOOD TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH; and it says that we need 1-2 tbl of good fats each day just for our body's to function well. Then it can get rid of the bad fat for us. I have put back in omega-3 margarine and oils like Canola and Soya Oil; and Olive Oil (neutral); and, you can get good oils from nuts, nut butters, and avocados and still lose weight.

Hope you are all having a great week ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-27-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #246  
Gotta run!

Any other Canadians still doing the X-Weighted challange? I'm down a bit more
Old 01-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #247  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Yes, I'm doing the X-Weighted challenge. I won a cookbook on one of the blogs where you had to submit a clean recipe.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #248  
Rosebud

ISABELLA ~ please do share that winning recipe with us, please!!! We'd love to know what a CLEAN recipe is too ... thanks!

KUDOS to you, AUNTY JAM ~ keep up the good work! And look at that pretty ticker ...

It's very cold here: -20C right now, but it was only -13C with that lovely we had today. Kept busy so far this week doing housechores, some mending, and today, laundry catch-up.

Tomorrow is Friday; the last day of the working week -- hope you all have a great one! Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-28-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #249  
Gotta run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Yes, I'm doing the X-Weighted challenge. I won a cookbook on one of the blogs where you had to submit a clean recipe.
Good stuff! What kind of cook book is it? Do you know yet? And yes, I'd love to have the recipe

Thanks Rosebud I'm kind of bummed because I have a cold and not a lot of energy to do much this last little while, but it's only a temporary set back.

I'm thinking of changing my goal weight to 135, it was my actual goal when I started but I was worried I would never make it. Even just 5 pounds seems big in my mind
Old 01-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #250  
Rosebud

HELLO FELLOW CANUCKS ~ I hear it was really cold in southern Ontario today; colder than here and we live way, way up north. Last night went down to about -22C -- and today with that beautiful shining, it was around -10C, but it may have been a bit colder than that. Sometimes, the sun camouflages the true temperature. I know that my fingies would freeze within minutes of taking my mittens off just to unlock the doors today.

We went out shopping as I was getting low on veggies and other essentials. I had cabbage rolls for dinner tonight; yummy and healthy too. Have a great evening people and keep warm ... Rosebud
Old 02-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #251  
Gotta run!

Holy snark it dumped on us yesterday I am so done with this winter thing... seriously.

Found out this morning a friend died suddenly last night Why do people do this? I do so much better with it when given some kind of warning.

This isn't going to be a good week... I work all week, then have no exercise time until wednesday. Tonight is a hockey game, tomorrow is taking my Mom shopping, Wednesday is dog agility, not a lot of exercise but it's something. I wasn't able to get my butt off the couch all weekend, I am so unmotivated lately.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #252  
Isabella

Hello all. It's so cold here today--the coldest this winter, brrrr. I got out to walk this morning before the wind started blowing so I was ok. Tomorrow the wind chill is supposed to be -27. I might not walk.

Aunty Jam, sorry about your friend. My friend's aunt died of a stroke last week, very unexpected also.

So here's the recipe I submitted to X-Weighted. A clean recipe is one that doesn't use processed foods but as natural foods as possible. The cookbook is called Clean Food, by holistic health counselor and food educator Terry Walters.

Potato Salad
1 1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes
1 sweet yellow pepper, seeded and chunked
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 green onions, sliced
3/4 cup frozen green peas, lightly cooked and chilled
3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped or 1 tablespoon, dried

Scrub potatoes and cook in salted boiling water until tender but not over done. Drain and let cool slightly. Cut potatoes in large chunks. Mix the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper together to make a dressing. In a large bowl combine warm potatoes, yellow pepper chunks and sliced onions with half the dressing. Chill. When ready to serve salad, combine with peas, dill and remaining dressing.

Last edited by retiredone; 02-02-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #253  
Rosebud

RO ~ thanks for the recipe; the dressing sounds nice. Thanks for the "clean" definition ... I make clean food sometimes too; just didn't know it!

Aunty ~ sorry to hear about your friend's sudden passing; that's very upsetting. Remember, keepin' busy burn calories too!

We went up town (despite the cold) to pay some bills and do a bit more shopping, picking up the stuff we couldn't get last weekend. I bought myself a thick plush fleece blanket to keep me toasty and warm tonight.

Have a terrific Tuesday and stay warm ... Rosebud
Old 02-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #254  
Gotta run!

Yes, thanks for the recipe, it does sound good.

I guess the funeral will be saturday, we're all kind of bummed but trying to remember the good times.

I ended up not going to the hockey game which sucks because my team actually showed up for a change and won!!! But that means I didn't sit on my duff and drink beer either. The game wasn't televised and I was so sure they'd loose again (50 lashes with a wet noodle for the non-believer) that I didn't even listen to it on the radio. Actually... my husband gave me good news only up dates about the game via blackberry (he was out) and I had me a nice 40 minute work out at home.

I recently started a "good stuff" book. I needed something to help keep me motivated, I'm not sure if it's the Canadian winter or what but I tend to get down easily. I have a calendar book that my Mom gave me for Christmas that I was having trouble finding a use for. Last night I decided I would write down only the good things that I've noticed while I lose weight or things that people have said to me regarding my weight loss. I will never write about a slip up, or a bad day... good stuff only. Like when I saw a friend at her baby shower and the first thing she said to me was "You look great!" or that I noticed the little "saddle bag" things on either side of my chin are almost gone or had to get a smaller pair of jeans. I'm really hoping this will help to get me out of a funk. Have you guys ever done anything like this?

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 02-02-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #255  
Isabella

Aunty Jam, that's a great idea on the calendar book. I haven't done anything like that but I've heard about other people who have.

Rosebud, I noticed over on the Calorie Counters forum that you posted in the "What did you have for breakfast" thread that you have homemade muesli for breakfast some mornings. What do you put in yours? I'm going to start making muesli and would like your input.

Another cold day here out in the Atlantic Ocean. Almost -18 plus wind chill of -27. Brrrrr. And that crazy rodent saw his shadow today so for me that means 16 more weeks of winter (give or take a month). It's hard to believe it was +5 two weeks ago. Bundle up and keep warm.