Old 02-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #91  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Mel - Congrats on all the pounds lost! That's great. Sorry to hear that your vision is still a problem, but feeling your way around fireman doesn't sound too bad. Seriously, I hope your vision and the rosacea both improve soon.

Rose - Good for you for getting chores and the treadmill done today!

Happy Valentines day to all!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #92  

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !

Hello Ladies,

What a week. I got my results in the mail, but no call from doctor So not sure what that means. I'm still on track with my workouts though. It's so hard to get back on track. I can't believe how fast we lose our strength.

Annie - Those 3 little words. How they make us feel.

Mitchellez - hope you get all your errans ran. Enjoy your evening with hubby.

Mel - congrats on your 3 lb loss.

Ceejay - have a good visit with your uncle.

Hello to everyone else. Hope your having a great day.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 02-14-2009 at 02:52 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #93  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Today was wonderful. The "Movin Out" Broadway Show was terrific. Dinner was at Bazbaeux (pronounced BAZ Boes) Kind of a unique pizza joint. We walked from the show to the pizza joint, then back to the car. it was quite cold but put 1500 steps on my pedometer. Then we can back home from some fun....wink wink. What a grand day.

Happy Heart Day to all

Love and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #94  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RENAE~ THANKS FOR THE GOOD WISHES AND HOPE YOU DIDN'T GET MORE SNOW. I WAS WATCHING THE WEATHER CHANNEL!! NOW GO AND GET ON THAT TREADMILL!!

JEANETTE~ I LOVE THAT NAME. LOVE YOUR AVATAR TOO. TIE A YELLOW RIBBON ROUND THE OLD OAK TREE...LA LA LA THEN YOU WILL SAVE YOUR FAVORITE TREE!!! ENJOY THE UNCLES!!

MICHELLE~ HOPE YOUR BACK IS FEELING OK TOO AND YOU DIDN'T DO TOO MUCH CLEANING TO AGGRAVATE IT!

PATTY~ I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE TESTS WERE FOR BUT HOPE THE RESULTS WERE GOOD. WHAT'S GOING ON THAT I MISSED??? SENDING A HUG

ANNIE~ HOPE YOU AND YOUR MAN HAD A GREAT HEART'S DAY TOO

GOOD MORNING CHICKS OF THE WORLD!! IT'S A BIT NIPPY ON THE BIPPY HERE IN NJ TODAY. LAST NIGHT WAS BACK IN THE LOW 20'S LORD I AM SICK OF THIS WEATHER. HEAR MY PLEA FOR SPRING
I HAVE BEEN TRYING THE ZYRTEC AS THE DR SAYS HE HAS HAD GOOD RESULTS WIT IT. IT MAKES ME A BIT SLEEPY AND I NEED DULCOLAX WITH IT BUT I THINK THERE IS A DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT WITH IT....OR IT'S WISHFUL THINKING.
I CAN FEEL MY SENSE OF HUMOR RETURNING..NOT THAT IT WAS LOST ALL TOGETHER BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
THE KIDS CALLED LAST NIGHT. THE "DAD" IS BEING IMPOSSIBLE...SO RICHIE AND HIS BROTHER ASKED IF THEY COULD COME HERE AFTER NOON CHURCH FOR THE MOM'S FRIST ANNIVERSARY OF HER DEATH. I THINK THEY FEEL THE NEED TO BE WITH A MOM-TYPE. THEY ARE BRINGING FOOD AND SOME ASST DVDS. I TOLD THEM THE ONLY CONDITIONS ARE TO LEAVE THE FATHER-DRAMA OUTSIDE THE DOOR AND THEY MUST TURN OFF THEIR CELL PHONES. THIS IS A CELEBRATION OF HIS MOM'S LIFE AND HER LOVE FOR HER 2 SONS.... NOT THE UNCARING RANTINGS OF AN "OLD" AND SELFISH MAN.
YESTERDAY I BAKED A TURKEY MEATLOAF, HARD-BOILED EGGS, MADE OATMEAL, STEAMED VEGGIES AND RICE. GOOD THING TOO...DIDN'T KNOW COMPANY WAS COMING AND I WOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN THIS DONE WITH 4 OTHER PEOPLE HERE!! SO I AM ALL SET FOR THE NEW WEEK TO BEGIN WITH MY FOOD.

WISHING SHAD IS HAVING A GOOD TIME WITH THE SISTER ETC. THE NEWS OUT OF OZ WAS TERRIBLE WITH THOSE FIRES AND JUST KEEPS ON GETTING WORSE. TERRIBLE TRAGEDY.

HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GREAT WEEKEND.
HAPPY SUNDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-15-2009 at 08:49 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #95  

Morning Worldlies, Wow Mel now that seems more like the normal day having a terrific post from you to get up off on the right foot in the morning. I did not hit the treadmill but got my 10000 steps in just cleaning my house. It is a slow process for me. It seems never ending moving one pile to another and then finally finding a proper place for it all. Finally after being in this house by myself I am deciding to do little things that just suit me. Moving dishes into other cupboards and liking it much better. Definitely have the old mommy pleasing wifey pleasing syndrome where I didn't even know that it could all be better to just please me......This house is still full of everyone stuff that no longer live here and I am still accomodating it........ SOOOOOOO needless to say it is a slow process but I AM making headway!!!!! New goal for the new year!

SO glad for all of you who had a special someone to spend the day with and enjoying others company. We must always remember just how fleeting and quickly life can change.

Had anyone on the thread checked out the 50 million pound challenge?

Have a great Sunday all and enjoy your free time. Mel have a good day with the your group coming over. No matter how old we are the loss of a Mother is probably one of the hardest passages of life.

Blessings to all,
Peace,
ROse
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #96  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy chicks, sorry to be absent. Just alot of disruptive stuff going on. I will try and get back later. Hope you all had a good Valentine's Day to all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #97  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I'll get this in before I go charging off into the wild blue yonder for my walk. I have a challenge going with a friend that I will do at least 30 minutes of vigorous exercise at least two times a week. And I know that if I do not do this thing first thing in the week, then it won't get done at all.

I had a nice time in NZ and now I am back. It was good to see Chris again even if she is not as well as she would like to be. Apparently she is having trouble adjusting the medication and it is taking time to get to the right doses again. Doctors in NZ have not had much to do with Churg Strauss and have to liaise with her Japanese doctor for help. At least she is getting help - that is good.

And as you heard I have a new job. I am going to work in Melbourne with a bit of travel as well to different places. I have a three month contract with a distinct possibility of renewal. I'll be working for a Wind turbine company this time. Haven't had much to do with the wind turbines before - so something new to learn. I'll be moving out of here on Friday and start work next Monday. I'll probably stay with my friend Ruth for a while until I can get a serviced apartment or something in town. Or maybe not, maybe I won't mind the commute and just stay there. It's not that far out of town.

Mel - just because the kids are coming over, just do not overdo things - y'hear???? Have fun. We should talk before I go away.

Michelle - same advice to you. Do not overdo that back!

Rose - Good to see you back and posting

Cejay - hope the spasms are now a distant memory

Annie - glad to hear you had such a good time for Valentines day. Didn't seem to be a lot going on for that in NZ. Or maybe I just wasn't in the right places.

Better go sort out my day. I'll be back
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #98  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies --

Well, we got as much cleaning done in the basement as we're gonna get done this week. The trash can is full to the brim. We did make a lot of progress with the cleaning, but it will probably take another couple weeks to finish. My back is doing much better than I thought it would. It was actually fun to do the cleaning with my DH.

Shad - Glad you had a nice time in NZ.

Happy - Great to hear from you! i hope everything is okay.

Rose - Nice to hear from you too.

Mel - Hope you're doing okay.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. I'll be back later today or tomorrow and write more then.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just a not to say hi. Not much going on.

Mel
Glad you like my name.

I bought a new toy yesterday, an all in one printer, copier and scanner. I'm getting it downloaded on the computer. For some reason it is taking a long for the computer to find the printer. However, I've already scanned a couple of pictures into the computer. Go figure.

Have a good day ladies.

Jeanette
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #100  

Hello Ladies,

I'm so tired of being sick. I spent 4 hours in emergency room today. I have been having a pain in my right upper side, right below the breastbone. We'll yesterday the pain got worse and i went to my back. I thought, gallbadder. I was going to wait until monday, but pain got worse. Went to ER, they did a sonogram and nothing. No stones, nothing. I'm so frustrated. They told me to followup with a GI doctor. I'm just falling apart. I have got to get my health back.

Ceejay - have fun with your new toy. I've been looking at a new one of those to. I actually need to get a new pc.

Mitchellez - are you just cleaning out basement or planning to do something in there?

Shad - Wind turbines? We have lots of wind turbines in West Texas where the wind is.

Rose - Do what my mom did. After being out on my own for over 15 years, she invited me and my sisters over for sunday dinner. As we finished up and were getting ready to leave, she walked us to the back bedroom and said here is your stuff. Take it or I'll get rid of it for you. We were like "mom".. i don't have room, she was like you have more room then me. Needless to say I took my stuff and to this day it's still in the garage

Annie - wink, wink. hope you enjoyed your evening

Mel - We'll i broke out in hives in sept, still not feeling good, doc ran test in dec, test had some high markers, he sent me to a rumatologist (sp), they ran test and i got results i mail this past week, but no phone call. I too am on zyrtec, i take up to 3 a day for hives.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 02-15-2009 at 08:43 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #101  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD...JUST NAME THE DAY AND TIME....AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF IT'S A GOOD ONE. ANY TIME AFTER MY 4PM IS GOOD. THE BATTLE WITH THE GOVT FOR MY MONTHLY CHECK RAGES ON. GOOD LUCK ON THE CHALLENGE. WILL IT CONTINUE WHEN YOU GO AWAY TO THE NEW JOB??? NO I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD A NEW JOB... BUT IT SOUNDS GOOD AND HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT! I AM GLAD THE VISIT WAS GOOD. THANKS FOR THE UPDATE..I WAS WONDERING HOW CHRIS WAS DOING.

HAPPY~ AND A HOWDY DOODY TO YOU AS WELL HOPE THE DISRUPTIVE STUFF GOES AWAY!!!!

ROSE~ A FEW YEARS AGO I BEGAN THE "CLEANSING" OF THE HOUSE AND MY OWN HEAD OF THE PLEASING SYNDROME. IT IS A WONDERFULLY FREEING EXPERIENCE AND THE JOURNEY CONTINUES. HAVE FUN SORTING AND TOSSING!!

CEEJAY~ AS NEW TOY I LOVE NEW TOYS LIKE THAT. I JUST WISH THE MACHINES ALL WORKED TOGETHER FASTER..SOMETIMES MY PRINTER SEEMS "LOST"....ONE DAY MY COMPUTER TOLD ME I HAD NONE!!! AFTER ABOUT 30 MINUTES, I FINALLY REALIZED I HAD TO REBOOT THE COMPUTER.

PATTY~ I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE HIVES. I HAVE ALSO FELT WEIRD PAINS IN THE SAME AREA AND WHEN THEY DID AN ULTRASOUND THERE WAS NOTHING. THE DR SAID IT WAS PROBABLY GAS I USE PAPAYA ENZYMES FOR MY DIGESTION NOW. GLD BLESS YOU WITH 3 ZYRTEC!!! I WOULD BE COMATOSE!! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON

YESTERDAY WENT VERY WELL. EVERYONE WAS QUIET AND CALM IN THE END. THEY ARE A RATHER HYPER BUNCH AND I HAVE FOUND THAT WHEN I DEAL WITH THEM I STAY SILENT AND LET THEM RUN AT THE MOUTH. THEY SLIP INTO SPANISH WITHOUT EVEN REALIZING IT. BUT ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD TIME. RICHIE EVEN BOUGHT ME A ROASTED CHICKEN TO MAKE SURE I COULD EAT SOMETHING KNOWING I CANNOT HAVE ANY SPICES. JEN AND RICHIE ARE HERE AND WILL COME DOWN TODAY FOR SOME QUIET TIME. THAT'S MOVIES AND NO TALKING. I AM TIRED BUT DIDN'T OVER DO IT.
GONNA HOP INTO THE SHOWER AND GET SOME COZY JAMMIES ON. TOMORROW IS FOOD SHOPPING. I AM PRAYING SOME MAKE-UP JEN BOUGHT ME WILL HIDE THIS SCALY, SCABBY MESS
HAPPY PRESIDENT'S DAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning everyone

It's back to the grind this morning minus the boss who is on vacation.
It's actually his anniversary.

Mel
Got the printer to work. I've scanned a couple of pictures and sent them to my niece one at a time. One day I'll learn to do multiple pictures. They are makiing a memory book of their brother who was killed 3 years ago for his children who were both babies at the time.

Will be back later. I'm needing to do some things at work. We are haviing to go to the lime room every 15 minutes now. I'm really getting tired of this. We are waiting for a man to come hook up a motor. I thought Tim could do that but there may be some other thing that needs to be done as well.Oh well, just more steps to accumulate on my pedometer.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #103  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy folks,

Monday already, how the time is flying by. I had a very disruptive Friday and Saturday. I wanted to step up my weight loss efforts so Sunday I decided to "get more with the program" for WW. I sat an figured out a more even distribution for points and started hunting up recipes for meal planning as well as making a list of one or two point snacks. Took me 3 bloody hours!!!!! And that was just to make a grocery list and a meal plan. I still had to go out and shop. So most of my day yesterday was blown away.

I pulled into the driveway last night and DH starts ringing me up on the cell. He's looking at me sitting in the car and pointing to the phone. I'm thinking - now why's he calling me when he can see me sitting here as I frantically search for the cell phone in the cavern of my purse. Turns out Mr. Feral who we haven't seen in quite a bit has decided to bed down for a nap and I would have made him bolt had I come through the garage. So DH was warning me. It was rather cold so I opened the car windows and left the groceries in the car for a bit. He settled down to sleep and after 30 minutes I checked on him and there's our dumb cat sitting on the mat outside staring at him. I'm surprised she got that close as she hates him and hisses at him every chance she gets. We had to let her in which made Mr. Feral sit up. He was looking really sleepy but instead of curling back up, he just sat there. So we fed him. Poor guy hurt his leg again and he's hobbling on 3 legs. I wonder just how many lives that poor guy has in him. DH says he has cataracts. We're thinking he isn't that steady jumping fences any more and must have caught his leg again. He ate and disappeared. We made a bed for him in the shed if he decided to hang out there instead. I expected to see him this morning but no sign yet.

Ceejay - what kind of printer did you buy? We just got an HP All In One, printer/scanner/fax. That's a great idea about the memory book. Also with the walking that's a great way to put a positive spin on an otherwise stressful/aggrivating situation - at least I got more steps in I do that too when I have to walk back and forth across the office.

Mel - maybe I'll try you on a weekday after 4 also. But with the time difference after I get home from work and get us fed, it might be too late for you. Hope you enjoyed the food shopping. Hope the make up worked for you. I know how uncomfortable it can feel but probably most people don't even pay much heed to how others look. It was nice of you to play "mom" to Richie and his brother.

Patty - sorry you aren't feeling well and seem to be in a spiral of one thing after another. Don't let it get you down. Sometimes it's just - all I want to do is just feel good/normal for a change! Very frustrating when you don't feel your best and the docs say nothing is wrong.

Michelle - glad your back is feeling better. I was going to suggest getting one of those back supports. DH uses it when he's doing yard work and he says it helps. That's alot of trash - sounds like you made some great headway in the basement. We don't have basements here and with the excessive heat you don't really want to store much in the attic eaves so maybe it's better that we don't have the extra room to store stuff.

Shad - glad to hear you landed another contract. Will that take you closer to the fires? Wind turbines sounds much more interesting than mining Guess poor Sunday will have to be saying bye to her spotty room mate and reaquainting herself with the DS

Good morning Rose!

Annie - glad you had a great time with Tony. Enjoy the huggy times now, won't be long before love means he excuses himself after he burps and scratches in front of you

Well it appears the Canadians have abandoned us and Shad is our only link to keeping us Worldlies. We will just have to give her dual citizenship and make this a Yankee thread
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #104  
Annie - Indiana

God Bless It....where does my post keep going?
Old 02-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #105  
Annie - Indiana

MEL...here comes spring...only 32 days. March 20 is right around the corner. This month is already half over.

Shad...Goodluck on the new job. Learning new things keeps are minds alert and fresh, either that or in great termoil....I heard they have a suspect in the fire down there. Good they should roast his b*lls.

Michelle...now that is one romantic Valentine's day....sharing housework with the DH. You sure know how to celebrate...haha

Ceejay....kewl a new toy. They are fun. We have a scanner/printer and just love it. It is a Dell.

1 day...girl you do need to get healthy. It has been plenty long enough with that mess.

Happy...poor Mr. Feral, hope he is ok. Way to go on tackling the better way of living and getting the groceries needed to do just that. I am proud of you.

Hello to those I may have missed.

Love and hugs...