Old 02-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Ummmm, not to be a killjoy, but I'm not at all sure we should be bandying real names around here. As a former credit control person, I can assure you that thanks to the Big Brother syndrome, given a name and a location (on your avatar) I can find a large amount of information about a person that maybe they may not wish me to know! So might I suggest that you use the PM section for that information.
Annie, I did request connection to you on facebook, but didn't say who I was.

The weather - aaah yes the extremes of weather on this continent. The weather in the north is normal. It's monsoonal. That doesn't make the cyclones any less frightening and dangerous. Like hurricanes they roar in and destruct and demolish. But 'big wet' is normal. How else would we get the beautiful rain forests and mangrove areas and swamps and marshes that nurture the fish and reptiles in those areas. Areas flood, they have done for millenia, and always will. It's man that has altered the status quo with his quest for building on beaches, or building in places have had problems in the past like slipping hillsides etc. There is rarely a problem with the monsoonal rains and floods in the Northern Territory - why, because few people live in the flood plains. Darwin rarely gets flooded out and was only brought to its knees by war or cyclone. Houses are mostly built on stilts to cope with the rising tides and waters.
Down south is a different story. It would appear that many of those devastating fires were deliberately lit. Maybe that's where Mel has been - checking out the firies. The heat is not unusual for summer in Victoria and South Australia the length of time it lasted is unusual.

Ruth - thank you for moving the posts and looking after us. Hope Disney remembers her manners on the job and that Jazz doesn't get stood on in the rush.

Happy - so glad to hear of the weight loss. Yahoo - and all the other 'hoos. Keep it up. Sorry to hear of the DH and cataracts. Hope you can get them sorted asap. The joys of growing old eh? Do you have to wake up the hibernating animal to get a shadow or not???

Annie - I always cook a lot more when the kids come home. I did watch Bruce Springsteen as well.
I don't understand the game, after yesterday, I'm not at all sure I want to understand the game. Our guys tend to run harder, faster, pass the ball frequently, don't wear the padding, don't have coaches screaming in their ears and still manage to play hard and fast. A 60 yard run is not at all uncommon in our footy - in fact we expect it. But as I said, I don't understand the game and it may have some details to explain all of the above to make it more exciting. Scoreline was close though. That I like.

Ceejay - sorry to hear of the backlog at work. At least it makes the day go fast.

Michelle - Glad you enjoyed the superbowl. As I said before, you obviously have to understand the rules to enjoy the game. That is true for most of life anyway.
Pet expo sounds interesting. My niece in NZ would have loved it. She is such an animal person. She writes pet manuals, has a little business walking dogs, belongs to PetAngels and has a menagerie of animals herself.
Sorry to hear that the back is not 100%. Hope you can improve things soon. I will send you a friend request on facebook shortly.

And with that, I had better get on with my day. Few more things came off the list yesterday. Mind you a few more things went on as well. It is a never ending task list around here. Be seeing ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #17  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Shad...I don't understand the football game as much as I would like, but get the jest of it. I wouldn't want to be on the field in any place. I would have a massive migraine! lol

Thanks for the name/credit reminder. You are not a killjoy. We all have to look out after each other. Woman Power!!

Have a great evening all....I am taking DD to dinner to celebrate...Guess What...all prayers worked. She got her pap back, after fighting pre-cancerous cells for 3 years, 4 or so surgeries, 2 freezings of the cervix and many other things...SHE IS CANCER CELL FREE!! She called me crying and I automatically thought it was that same kind of call as in the past, but she was crying tears of joy!!! Thank you Jesus for hearing our prayers.

Much love and many hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #18  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning everyone,

Funny you should say that about the American football Shad. DH was watching the game and commented that they should play like they do in Europe - none of that sissy stuff I did not watch the game, not all that interested in football. I understand enough to follow it along. And don't stone me, but I never particularly cared for Bruce Springsteen, even less so when he left his wife and took up with his band mate.

Ceejay - they showed a bit of the devistation up north of you due to the ice storm. Geez that was terrible and they say it could be WEEKS before people get their power restored. I feel badly for those poor people!

Let's count our blessings today. Someone is always worse off than you. Gotta run now. See yah! Love to the rest of the chicks

Annie - that is such WONDERFUL news about your DD - so happy for both of you - what a grand relief

Michelle - the pet expo sounds like so much fun, expecially if you get to get up close and personal with the critters. Sorry to hear it stressed your back tho
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #19  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning, Mornin', Hello Sunshine(s), Wake up Sleepy Head(s).............

Well, it is snowing like a mug here this morning. I made it to work before it hit. Whew weee. Only supposed to get up to 2 inches. Not bad. Then a warm trend is setting in. 50s by Friday, Sat, Sun with possible rain. Will melt this nasty dirty looking stuff. Yeah!!

Ceejay...I like Bruce, but not as much as I used too, same with John Mellencamp. I would much rather see Fleetwood Mac or the Eagles-who are coming to Indy in March, but am too poor to attend.

Dinner at Olive Garden was very good. I had Parmesan Crusted Talipia, steamed squash over angelhair pasta. Ate about half and saved the other half for lunch today. Lunch is all I can think about now. haha

Wow, just looked outside, it looks like a whiteout. Very cool since I am inside and don't have to deal with it till later today. Knowing this place, we will get early release. They are so compassionate to our needs. ;^)

Hello to everyone.

Love and Hugs
Old 02-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I am so thankful to have a job and a warm place to be whether it be at home or here at work. There is still a lot of people with out power and I've never seen so many cities and towns on boil orders in order to drink the water.

The doctor gave me a different kind of bp med this time but I'm going to have to quit takiing them. The pharmacist told me that the diuretic in them would rob my potassium. I've been having muscle spasms. I'm going back to the ones that the dr in Jonesboro gave me and when those run out I'll have my doctor refill those.

Happy
Congratulations on those pounds lost/ I've proably gained them. My appetite is back.

To everyone else have a good day. Stay one plan. I haven't been.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #21  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies -

Quick check in for me today - not much time for personals. It's nice to have connected with some of you on Facebook.

Annie - That's great news about your DD!

A big to all my worldly friends! Here's to a great day for all of us!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #22  

Morning all,
Woke up late this morning. Mind you I woke up at 1.30am and couldn't get back to sleep for a long time so I suppose it is only natural. I'm having trouble getting motivated to get things done today. I hope it will go away shortly.
I need to ring some of those rotten recruiters today as well. One of them sent me an email asking me if I knew of anyone looking for work documenting and training! Why am I suprised??? It's the same one as asked me if I could do anything in SAP.

Annie - so delighted with the DD's results. Now she can start living again. Fantastic.
Snow, snow and more snow. I'm glad you are happy in your job. Safe driving home.

Ceejay - if the doctor prescribed those pills, I would take them, not change them. Take extra potassium tablets if necessary and eat bananas which are chock a block with potassium. All due respects to the chemist, but the dr should know what will suit you better.

Happy - now I know why your DH and I get on so well. :blush: Hope you have a good day at work

The smell around the house is fantastic at the moment. Due to the rains we have had, the Murraya hedge has formed millions of blossoms which smell like orange blossom. It is exquisite. I love the hedge despite the fact it is not all that low maintenance, grows like crazy and needs cutting 4 times a year. Still right now I can forgive it anything.

Still, I'd better get off here and get down and dirty with some painting, cleaning, gardening, washing and the rest. No peace here, just a long list of niggles and projects.

See ya
Old 02-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #23  
Choose your hard

Quickie hello for me today. I'm having trouble with the site today - and this thread in particular for some reason. It's slow to post and I'm getting the dreaded page not found.

It's cold here today. Not going to get much above freezing but if we can hang in until the weekend, it's back to the 60's again. I'm tired of winter.

Annie - I was waiting for the local weather to come in and saw the horrid crash just north of you on the highway. At least 6 tractor trailers and 35 vehicles. It was awful. Did you catch part of that wretched lake effect snowstorm too? Even the weather channel guys said they had to pull off, visibility was nil.

Shad, I'd have to believe that you get along with most people, except of course for the dummies

Ceejay - you are right about being grateful for the small things in life. A roof and electricity and running water being top in the lot I thought the same thing after I saw the devistation from tornado damage.

Hi there Michelle - how's the back feeling today?

to Mel - hope you are on the mend.

Gotta run now, try and get back later
Old 02-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

from sunny but fffreezing Ontario. We seem to have dodged the bullet on that crappy weather from Texas - it's supposed to go above freezing next week.

Trying hard to get my life and food back on track and having some success with the first one anyhow! I must say I really, really need a shot of spring RIGHT NOW and am kicking myself for not accepting that invitation to visit in Sanibel. I may splurge and buy some flowers when I go out today. It's time to clean up my basement planting area and get the growlights and stand cranked up. Maybe that will get me feeling Fab In Feb!

Just checking in.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to get my potassium checked. The last time I took the bp med with fluid pill I had muscle spasms which turned out to be caused by a very low potassium level. I'm having them again. The fluid pill was the culprit involved. I eat foods with potassium in them. Thanks for being concerned.

I got a note from my uncle today stating that 90% of his trees on his place were damaged by the ice storm.

I'm looking forward to being off work tomorrow.

I learned this morning that Bud has turned in his resignation.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-04-2009 at 01:06 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #26  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Hump and Trash Day!!!

The man came over last night, bless his heart, he took my trash to the curb for today's pick up. I was greatful for that cause we had 2-4" of snow drop yesterday. I didn't want to trapse out into it. That is one more thing he is good for, lol.

Shad...I couldn't sleep last night either. I woke up just after midnight then watched Jay Leno. The two dudes from Batesville, Indiana were on talking about their super bowl commercial win. Kind of neat as they are brothers and both were unemployed before winning the million for the commerical.

Happy...we didn't have the lake snow effects or white out much, but did get 2-4" of snow. Just enough so they let schools out a bit early then put them on a 2 hour delay this morning. I could of used a 2 hour delay this morning.

Ruth...Oh to be in Sanibel right now. Nice and toasty and sunny. Um, what kind of plants are you growing in that basement??

Michelle...Hope your day is going well for you.

Ceejay...Feeling any better?

MEL...how's the eyes coming along?

Hello to everyone.

Love and Hugs,
Old 02-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #27  

Morena all,
Beautiful morning it is too! I need to get out into the yard before it gets too hot so will go there shortly.
Mel will not be back yet. Her eyes are still sore and dry and her skin apparently looks like roadmaps in shades of red and pink.
Next Wednesday I am heading off to NZ for 5 days. I'm using my frequent flyer points + taxes to pay for it. I had an email from an old school friend who was arranging an afternoon tea for the 'old girls of Pomare school'. Since I have cabin fever I decided I would go and booked the fares last night. I'd just sent an email to say that I was coming when she rang to say she had the date wrong and it was 14th March not 14th Feb. Too late, costs too much to change so I am going anyway. I'll catch up with Chris from Japan and see her new house and with my sister and a few other people no doubt and it will do me good to get away from the little old log cabin in the woods

I dug the recruiter out of the woodwork yesterday for him to tell me I didn't have the experience for the advertised job!!!! and then he said that the other job I had applied for had been filled by someone else from another agency so that's gone as well. The other recruiter rang me to tell me the job I had applied for was now on hold, however I am pretty sure I saw it advertised by yet another agency yesterday so who knows. I've sent a few cvs out to people but there isn't much about right now. Another reason to get out of the place for a few days. No dickhead people promising jobs they don't have to put me into. If that makes grammatical sense.

So yesterday, I finished the painting in the kitchen. It is now all done and just the tiling to be finished and the lighting to be put in and that's done. I think I have found a table and bench set that will fit the dining room. But I won't be buying them just yet. Things are moving along in the house. At least that is happening. Today I will tackle the 2 spare bedrooms or junk rooms as they appear to now be. I might also get into the roof to look at the space up there and decide what I will do to it. Lucky I have plenty to do isn't it.

Well that is about it. Coffee is finished. Time to get dressed and go out and plant and weed and fertilise while it is cool out there - well cooler. The thermometer says 27 (in the house).

Last edited by Shad; 02-04-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #28  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon ladies --

Another crazy busy day. Tomorrow I should have time to check in with y'all and post more.

It's been a heck of an emotionally draining week....I'm looking forward to the weekend.

I'm hoping to get to the gym this evening for an abs class followed by a Step class.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #29  
Choose your hard

Mornin' all,

Geez Michelle - sounds like you had a terrible week. What's going on?

Shad - bummer about the jobs and the mix up on the dates. At least you can make lemonade out of a lemon situation. Will be nice to see Chris in her new digs. And to catch up on the family. A trip sounds like the perfect cure for the restlessness. Then on the plane back you can figure out where you want to go from here.

Annie - was nice of Mr. Tony to help you out. I remember slip sliding down the driveway taking the trash out. At least I could kick the recycling bin down the icy path and didn't have to carry it Hey - get cheaper tickets and go see the Eagles by all means. You don't need to sit up front like I did - they put on an awesome show and from what I hear, with their (still) personality clashes, you always go see the Eagles when you have the chance because you never know if it will be their last tour ever

Ceejay - that's very sad about your uncle's trees. We had some nasty frost damage 2 years ago, I can only imagine the devistation that an ice storm would bring.

Ruth - from what I hear, Florida is no escape from the cold. My mom was watching an interview with a woman who has strawberry fields. A 3.5 million dollar crop was in jepardy from the freezing cold. And the berries were just about ready to harvest. Those poor people.

It's another cold day here but everyone on the radio is saying HANG ON, the warmth is coming. Should be here by the weekend. Tomorrow is DH's birthday. I have to remember to get him a card. And his favorite gift - scratch off lottery tickets
Old 02-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #30  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

DEAR CHICKS....I THINK I SHALL BE BACK IN ABOUT A WEEK. FINALLOY THINGS ARE SHOWING SIGNS OF A REAL IMPROVEMENT. TRYING NOT TO GO NUTS TOO SOON AND SPOIL THINGS.
IN THE MEATIME STAY WELL AND I AM SENDING HUGS TO EVERYONE

HAPPY~ DO YOU EVER READ YOUR MAILBOX???
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote