Old 02-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #136  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - I am definitely drinking LOTS of water and stretching off and on throughout the day. I'm looking forward to the WW recipes and any tips/tricks you are using to stay on plan. I probably won't be able to join WW...as I was going a bit too fast on the way home last night and got a ticket. I'm so mad at myself...now the money I was going to spend on WW and my health has to pay for the consequences of my stupid lead foot. Hey, maybe that's where all my excess weight collects - in my right foot as it presses on the gas pedal!

Mel - OUCH! My sinuses and lungs are doing well...but now my head hurts from your rolling pin! Seriously, I have let go of the old feelings. I am SO happy with my DH, and I've got wonderful friends in my life...I'm putting the past in the past, enjoying the present and looking forward to the future. If you want to use the rolling pin again...use it on my lower back to work the knots and kinks out! I'm glad you had a nice time shopping...to bad you had to skip TJ's, but at least you have one trip a month scheduled for there. I hope the codeine helped and the pain has subsided. I occasionally take codeine at night for my back. Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

Last edited by diyana; 02-20-2009 at 09:51 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #137  

so where did my post go???????
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nae
Miy post disappear at times too. You do have some interesting stories to tell.

Michelle
You are so lucky to have a physical therapist stretch out your muscles. I'm going to start doing like Nae and treat myself to some messages once in a while.

Happy, Mel and Annie
Hope you all have had a good day.

I'm going to have to figure out a new routine for my med's. I've looked on line and I'm taking the synthroid and lopressor wrong. I'll start anew tomorrow.
I also went to super Walmart today to stock up on healthy foods for the next 12 days. I don't know whose lame brain idea it was for us to fill in for the other co-worker was crazy. I wish he had to do it for 12 days and see how he endures. I'm really dreading this. The first sign that my bp is up again I'll call in sick.

Back to cleaning house.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-20-2009 at 04:53 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #139  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #140  

Thanks for setting me straight Di....that is what I get for posting at 4 in the morning or something like that..... I am sooo tired tonight....hot bath...low cal brew and to bed early for me......
HEYA to all the Worldies.....
Rose
Old 02-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #141  

Hello Ladies,

TGIF - What a week. I think i was in meetings most of the week. BORING...
I'm still getting my workouts though and I have started my eating healthy program. I brought my lunch to work 5 days this week. That's a big accomplishment for me.

I need to run... just got home, Mr Blackie is barking at me.. he wants his dinner (men)

will post more then weekend..
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #142  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Rose - Sorry you lost your post. Enjoy your relaxing evening.

Ceejay - You're gonna have a busy and exhausting 12 days, so rest and relax as much as you can, and take good care of yourself. Good for you for stocking up on healthy food!

Mel - Thanks for the beautiful graphic to brighten our weekend!

Patty - Good for you for keeping up with your workouts and taking good care of yourself (and Blackie too, of course). for bringing your lunch to work! That is a big accomplishment! My boys (and girl) are barking at me to get off the computer and come relax with them. Kids! Even the 4 legged furry kids can be demanding! But I love them!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #143  

Happy Sunny Saturday, Yeah, I did exactly as I posted with the hot spa like bath then into bed for hours of sleep. I feel refreshed. My friend Denise is going to try to make it up for some coffee and a natter. She is my friend who is the incomplete quad.....just when you think you have something to complain about God puts someone like her in your life to give you perspective.

Miss MEl do take good care of yourself this week. Spring is truly just around the corner and it might be a hot one too. How are your eyes doing?

Shad so glad you have a job in a new and exciting field. I never made it into Melbourne when I was down under. I do so want to come back and travel around more. If any of you are ever thinking about a trip somewhere you should consider it ....fabulous!

Ladies I do hope you all have a terrific weekend...... oh oh I just heard the fire alarm in town go off...... oh dear! I am going to make the soup recipe I found in the Newstand magazine..... it sounds good and should help me on my way. I use to love to make the cabbage soup one and my boys hate the smell. They can tease me so badly about it when I am with them...they make me laugh. I just keep saying oh geez Mother of the Groom and pictures pictures pictures.
Blessings to all this fine day and Peace,
Rose
Old 02-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #144  
Happy September

ROSE...I HAD A KAUGH AT THE "I just keep saying oh geez Mother of the Groom and pictures pictures pictures." GOOD LUCK WITH THE SOUP!

MICHELLE~ HOPE THE LUNGS ARE PUMPING HAPPILY AWAY OVER THE WEEKEND.

CEEJAY~ KEEP THOSE MEDS STRAIGHTENED OUT.

HAPPY~ ALWAYS GOOD TO TALK TO YOU TOO HOPE YOU HAVE TIME TO ACCOMPLISH STUFF TODAY!!

TO ALL THE WORLDLY CHICKS...
I WANT TO GET A FEW THINGS DONE SO THIS IS A SHORT POST. ALL IS WELL IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS AND HOPE IT IS IN YOURS TOO!
HAPPY SATURDAY
Old 02-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I went to bed around 12.30 a.m. but slept till 11.30 a.m. That has to stop tonight. Back to work tomorrow. Ughhhhh.

I saw my first robin yesterday so spring is around the corner. We have had some rain also today. I just hope the weather person was wrong in it changing to snow or ice.

Hi to everyone, No time for personals today. There's a bunch to do today
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #146  

Hello Ladies,

What a beautiful day it is here. Chily, but the sun is shining. I just spent 5 hours in a classroom, I took at Severe Weather class. I thought i was going to be bored but it was really interesting and very informative (especially living in Tornado alley). It's a class i'm taking in conjunction with a Community Emergency Response class i took.

Mitchellez - oh yes, our 4 legged babies are very demanding. Since i exercise in the morning, we're both getting up at 4:30am. Mr. Blackie is on a schedule and come 4:40am on my off days, Mr Blackie is barking... he's saying.. time to get up, let me out.

Rose - that is so true. I feel God brings everyone into my life, for reason, season or lifetime. Your hot bath spa, reminds me i need to do that for myself too. I just don't take the time. Hope you had a wonderful visit with your friend. I hope the fire alarm was a false one. Do you live in a small town?

Ceejay - hope you stocked up on your healthy food. Twelve days in row... You made a good comment are reviewing your meds. Someone here mentioned that Zurtec was causing them to be drowsy. I was taking up to 3 a day sometimes. I reevaluted that and the times i took it, and i'm feeling much better.

I"m note sure who was going to share some of their WW recipes, but if you do i would like to get a copy too.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 02-21-2009 at 06:13 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #147  
Happy September

PATTY~ SCROLLING BACK I SEE 2 POSTS OF YOURS. SOMEHOW I MISSED THE FIRST ONE! CONGRATS ON BRINGING THE LUNCH FOR 5 DAYS! I BET THE CLASS WAS INTERESTING. SOMETIMES I WATCH THE WEATHER CHANNEL WHEN THEY HAVE A SPECIAL. MOTHER NATURE CERTAINLY CAN BE FEROCIOUS!

JEANETTE~ YOU MUST HAVE NEEDED ALL THAT SLEEP TO GET READY FOR THE LONG WEEK. DID YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO MR. ROBIN??? I HOPE THAT'S GOING TO MEAN AN EARLY SPRING!!

THE FIRST STORM MUST HAVE MISSED US CAUSE THERE IS NOTHING ON THE GROUND EITHER WET OR WHITE! THAT'S OK WITH ME. NOW I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE SHOVELING KID.
LAST NIGHT WAS MORE PAIN MEDS. SHOULDER/NECK ARE STILL ACTING UP. SO I GUESS I WILL JUST REST AND LET THEM HEAL ANOTHER DAY. THE SENIORS HAD A PARTY YESTERDAY FOR SPRING AND THEY ARE IN A SUGAR-INDUCED COMA! SO IT'S BEEN VERY QUIET! HOPE IT LASTS TODAY AS WELL!
HAPPY SUNDAY
Old 02-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #148  
Happy September

Old 02-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #149  

Morning Worldlies around the Globe,
It is going to be another beautiful day here. Yesterday I made my kettle of soup and it turned out very good. So it will be my hunger stopping filler. Nice to have a change.

I saw my first robin on the lower part of the hill. Interesting to see them in February but reports of them down by the rivers and creeks have been for about two weeks now.

Toby and I did about a 3.5 mile walk around the Sacajawea center and it was a bit icy in spots but the weather was great and he marched it like a big dog. Upon arriving at home he wanted to sleep but kept one eye open to see if I was going to leave the house again. Made an Angel food cake and tried to take it to my friend with her new baby but I discovered later I was knocking on the wrong door.....brilliant somedays ....just brilliant! SO maybe today I will get to hold that little darling.

Actually going to make it to morning services today. A new minister is speaking to see if he is acceptable to hire. It is difficult for this little parish to continue after two years of stand in help. The standard by which I started to attend was when we had a female priest who was able to truly express that LOVE which we are meant to give is ALL INCLUSIVE..... and it opened my eyes in wonderful ways. But change is the constant and we must learn to adapt each day......

Last night I had a great phone conversation with my son's fiance. She is such a special woman and I am soooooo happy they are getting married. We discussed the upcoming wedding in Oct. My son is somewhat distant from his father at this point in time and I am sure my ex is not going to be dialing up to see if he has any responsibilities in the affair. So she and I chatted about the rehearsal dinner which is the groom's part. I suggested that a fun relaxed bar b que would be something I would like to do for them. She has a great pair of grandparents who may be able to help me with a place to have it. So things are already taking shape. I would so like any feed back from my worldlies about any suggestions for feeding or hosting something like this event.

Well, I do hope all is well for everyone this fine day. Thinking of each of you and sending you weight loss vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace,
Rose
Old 02-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #150  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chickies,

Seems like I spent almost all yesterday on the phone. Mel and I had quite the chat - hope I'm not the source of some of that shoulder pain today But we had a great chat. Hopefully I will be able to catch up with Shad too. Mom called and I had some other business related calls so yesterday was a blow out for getting things done - but it was a cold, rainy day so it was a very welcome blow off day

It was a stressful week at work but late Friday my manager and then her manager came by to compliment me on the presentation and analysis I put together. It made me feel very good and in this day and age of never feeling comfortable about your ability to hang on to a job, it doesn't hurt to have people say they like what you are doing

Rose - if you have the bug eating kind of robins I hope they are not showing up too soon. Down here the robins eat seeds so they can suppliment their diets if we get a cold snap. I will never forget one year up north we had an unusual stretch of warm early spring weather. The worm eating robins arrived early too and then we got hit with a late cold snowy cold snap that hung on for weeks. The robins were dying because they could not get to any food. I was so sad. I put extra seed out but they would not touch it. So nice that you really like your future DIL. That makes a big difference. Not sure what to suggest for an October BBQ up your way. By then it's chilly so I would think warm foods like pulled pork sandwiches or chili might be good. Maybe even a taffy apple salad to celebrate fall apples which would compliment the sandwiches. I would think something you could keep warm like pulled pork, baked beans might go over better than grilled items like chicken or burgers. I think a bbq would be fun!

The mockingbirds are back in town. I love their wild singing. Apparently the robins and mockingbirds don't like each other as the mockingbirds are fierce in chasing them off common meeting areas like the feeders. The redbud trees are in bloom and I noticed the Bradford Pear trees that are abundant out here are breaking into their white blossoms too. My mom should arrive in time to catch the azaleas in bloom. I hope the back yard does well this year, it's been iffy the last 2 years.

Love your pics Mel. Was that a big glass of orange juice or a Harvey Wallbanger? Was good talking to you. Hope you can get past the achy breaky shoulders. At least you didn't get snow. Even though it doesn't last long this time of year, by now most people are glad to be done with it.

Poor Mr. Feral came around 2 days this week. I got about 3 feet from him setting down some food and one of his pretty golden eyes has gone dark with a cataract no doubt. Poor guy is getting quite decrepit. He's still limping but not as bad. He is a scrappy fighter that kitty.

Patty - I went to a severe weather presentation here too last year. ***Raises hand as a neighbor in tornado alley*** It was quite interesting and informative.

Ceejay - I noticed that NBC was very vocal by their silence avoiding talking about snow which convinced me that some stations just like to raise an unnecessary fuss. I'm glad we didn't get anything other than rain. Am I wrong or are you pulling a 12 day straight work shift? I certainly hope not because that's too much for anyone to take on. Synthroid should always be the first thing you take in the morning on an empty stomach. Don't take anything else with it and wait an hour before you eat or take vitamins or any other pill. I have a real hard time with that as I am a roll out of bed, gimme a coffee NOW kind of girl. Sometimes if I get up early to go to the potty an hour or two ahead of my regular wake time, I will take my pill then.

Michelle - hope you are having that relaxing weekend you were looking forward to. Mom said she got some snow this week, did you too?

Shad - hope you got settled into the new digs comfortably and are enjoying a visit with your friend.

DH decided he needs to lose weight too which will make it a bit easier on the WW planning. He generally eats whatever I make although if my choice involves things he doesn't like like mushrooms or asparagus, I will tweek something for him a bit more in line with his tastes. I need to figure out a menu for the week.

Will be back later with some recipes.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote