Old 02-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #61  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Tuesday morning to you -

Shad - Safe and enjoyable travels to you!

Happy - I hope they catch the who started the fires! I just don't think there are punishments severe enough for that kind of crime! All those lives lost and all the terror and destruction they caused!

Annie - How was the vegetable beef soup? I hope you have a great day at work today!

Ceejay - I hope the muscle spasms have diminished.

Patty - I almost called you last night to thank you personally for the Marston quotes. Just what I needed to read at exactly the right time. Are you psychic or something?

Mel - I miss you. I hope you're doing okay. Hang in there.

Well, gotta run.

"Talk" to you later chickies!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #62  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Kinda quiet in here. Must be the rain

It's mild here but the thunderstorms are all around us.

I must say the house is looking nice and clean - if only it would stay that way by itself

Not much else to say except I miss Mel too

Talk to you later chicks...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #63  

Hello ladies,

So hard to get back in the swing of things. I ache, but it's a good ache. The flu bug is going rampid here. Several of my co-workers are out. Luckily i was out of office the day it started, so this morning i came prepared with my lysol spray, lysol wipes and more hand wipes for me.

Mitchellez - Anytime you want to call you have my number. I'm no psychic, but sometimes you know what someone needs to hear.

Happy - the Doggie Bath House does pretty good here. There are probably 4 that i know of. The store provides, the shampoo, towels, dryers and the big tubs. You bath them yourself or you pay them to do it. Much cheaper doing it yourself. Yes, it's cheaper doing it at home, but not as messy. If you want grooming we'll that cost extra.

Ceejay - hope your muscle spasms went away.

Shad - Have a safe trip.

Hello to everyone else. Hope your having a great day.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 02-10-2009 at 01:21 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #64  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Seem to be having some problems with the site this morning, so this will be short.
I haven't packed yet. That's the next job on the list and I need to be out of here by 8.30am to catch the airport train. I don't know how often I will be back on line since both my sister and Chris have dial up and we won't want to be on that too long I bet.

Happy - practising Elvisland hugs on the cat. Will pass them on. Strange how the house looks so good for so short a time.

Michelle - Thanks for the happy travels message

Patty - thanks for the Ralph Marston quotes. I miss Mooz when I see things like that. Haven't heard from her in a long time.

Okay - gotta go. Toothbrush to pack etc. I'm only taking cabin baggage. Lets face it I only need clothes for 4 days. It's not hard. Put in 4 days of gear and take half off the pile and put it back in the closet. Pack what's left - there is always a thing called laundry!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I have had a trainee today so I'm late in getting here. He's coming along.

The extra water did the job last night on the muscle spasms so I'm drinking more of it today.

One of my bosses is going to test L. to find out whether or not she can really do the paper work. I can't wait to see how she does. He wants to find out her weak spots then start her training again from that point. She is going to day shift as soon as they hire a replacement for Bud.

Guess what I did this morning! Walked right out the door with out getting my keys. Luckily I keep an extra car key in my purse. The boss was nice enough to let me go get a key from the land lord and then go back to the house to get my keys.

Happy
I wish my house would stay clean also.

Patty
Did you hear from your doctor's office about those results?

Michelle and Annie
Have a good day.

Mel
We sure do miss you. Get well soon.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-10-2009 at 05:06 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #66  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Hump Day!!

It is supposed to be windy here today, 50 mile per hour winds, guess it will be in search of trash can again tonight. haha High today 60, whew who. I will take it. We are supposed to get up to 3 inches of rain today, rather the rain than snow. For every inch of rain it would equal 1 foot of snow. Thank you Jesus for watching over us.

Happy...I, too, heard the birds singing this morning. It is false hope tho, as this weekend is back down to the 30s. Poor birds!

Ceejay...glad to hear the water took care of the muscle spasms. I get charlie horses in my legs and feet at night from wearing heals to work. It hurts like a b*tch and wakes me up.

Michelle...I love the Bass Pro shop. I have been to the one in Cincinnati a few years back. Indy is supposed to get a Cabella's, however they put the construction of it on hold til 2010. They are building it across from a Gander Mountain, go figure. I will send the soup recipe soon, I keep forgetting to dig it out of my recipe drawer.

Shad...the fires down under are scary. Hope all is ok with you and your family. Safe travels, my dear.

MEL....Hurry and get well, I miss you and your humor.

Patty...happy disinfecting. The work place is the worse place to get germs...

Valentines day with Tony should be fun. We are going to the broadway show "Movin' Out". It is songs of Billy Joel. Then off to dinner after. I am very excited as this is the first time in a very long time to celebrate my most hated holiday with a boyfriend who knows how to celebrate. Mostly, Valentine's Day sucks. haha

Hello to all I may have missed. Have a marvelous hump day.

Much Love and Many Hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #67  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Rainy one here. Windy too. But it looks like the worst of it passed through just before we had to get up. I sure would have liked to stay in bed a little longer today

Annie - hope you enjoy the show, I heard that one was supposed to be very good and I love Billy Joel songs. A group of us from work are going to see Menopause - the Musical next month. I'm looking forward to it. You're so right about that rain. 3 feet of snow - can you imagine? Would be like living by Ruthie!

I will know that I hit goal weight / am skinny again when DH gives me chocolates for Valentines Day. I have not gotten candy since... disco was popular (the first time) He always gets me something just not candy

Mr. Cardinal is banging away on the window again. I hope he doesn't break his beak! Birds are singing again so I hope that means the storm is passed.

Where are our Canadian friends???????? Don't they like us any more? Do we smell bad?

Mel - love to you - hope you are sitting quietly and on the road to recovery

Ceejay - that's crazy about the keys. Good thing you have a way of getting a spare. I think if I lived by myself I'd be panicky about those things. When DH would travel I was anal about pinning a key to me so I didn't get locked out! Glad your spasms eased up.

Guess Shad's on her way by now. Have fun but hurry back, we will miss you.

Patty - seems like no one was escape the sniffles. Had to laugh about you coming into the office well armed Some of it - at least here - is sinus which you can't really prevent. Maybe you'll be lucky!

Michelle - where's the Bass Pro shop? Is that over by Six Flags? I saw the other day that Six Flags is hurting and might be one of the businesses in trouble in 2009. Scary to think of what all those kids would do loose on the streets if they didn't have the park to hang out at Glad you had fun with the DH. How's your back feeling?

I need to get a move on here. Probably won't be back tonight, I'm hosting the neighborhood meeting tonight. Got to remember to eat just the fresh fruit and not the cheese tonight - weigh in tomorrow and I'm thinking this week is pretty much nil for a loss. Plus it seems like we retain a bit of moisture when it's raining out
Old 02-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #68  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Wednesday ladies -

I'm doing pretty good today. A bit tired, and my back, hamstrings and glutes are sore...but after the last few weeks of stress (work and other stuff), I don't mind a little physical discomfort. I went for a short walk at lunch (can't seem to walk more than 10 minutes without back pain), and then after work I did 10 minutes on the treddie, a 20 minutes abs class and a 1/2 hour yoga class. I also woke up and did some hamstring, calf and other lower body stretches.

I was able to process through my "ex" issues with the help of friends and my "ex-sister-in-law" (go figure). She's a really wonderful person, and I'm glad I was able to reconnect with her via Facebook. I feel much better now and read to stay focused on the present and the bright possibilities the future holds.

Shad - I hope you're enjoying your trip to NZ and giving Elvisland hugs to all your friends.

Ceejay - I'm glad the water helped your muscles. Gatorade might help as well, of course it has more calories - Propel water has electrolytes and fewer calories.

Patty - Any word about the test results? I hope you're doing okay.

Annie - We had big winds yesterday, and I think we'll have them again today, combined with rain changing to a slushy snow by nighttime. The Cabelas we have here were built within a few miles of the Gander Mountain. Sounds like you have a great Valentines Day planned! DH and I don't have any plans, he has to work during the day and he may be pretty tired when he gets home. Maybe we'll celebrate on Sunday instead - or Monday, since we both have Monday off (he gets it as a holiday, I'm taking a vacation day).

Happy - Menopause the Musical sounds like it will be funny! My DH knows better than to buy me candy for Valentines Day too. He usually gets me something nice that I've been wanting. Bass Pro Shops is right in Gurnee Mills shopping Mall. It faces the freeway and has a big sign that says "Outdoor World". I hope they don't close the Six Flags...many of my co-workers take their kids there. Despite the warm weather the past couple days, I haven't seen/heard a lot of birds, other than the ones that winter here. I guess we should fill our feeders again - we fill them at least once a week. Good luck with your neighborhood meeting. Sounds like you have a plan to keep the snacks in check. And good luck with weigh in tomorrow.

Well, lots to get done today.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 02-12-2009, 02:43 AM   #69  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Quick hello as this dial up is the pits.

I have a new job which I will tell you all about when I get back on Sunday. It is wet and raining here although not particularly cold. Hope the weather improves somewhat for the next couple of days. Went over to the old homestead today and wandered around a bit. Not a lot has changed over there.

Have a fun day and an even funnier Valentines day if I don't get back before I go home. Like I said, this dial up sucks

Gotta go.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #70  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning My Dears...

The winds have died down somewhat and actually the sun is beginning to shine. Well...what a start to the morning. Gave 12 viles of blood at 7 am this morning for my bariatric check up on the 24th. It checks all my vitiamin, protein, sugars, minerals, etc for the annual check up. Came on into work and caught a towel on fire, put the fire out, ran the coffee pot over, and fought with the printer. What a morning and it is only 8:30 am. That is enough and the rest of the morning should be grand.

Ceejay...Menopause is absolutely hilarious. I went a couple of years ago to see it here. You will truly enjoy it.

Michelle...Don't over exercise and get yourself into a pickle. Gingerly work your way into it. Glad you feel better about the ex. It is nice to stay on good terms at least with the ex SIL. I still do not care, AT ALL, for my ex. As a matter of fact, I see a lawyer next week about collecting $$ he owes me on unpaid medical, college, and auto insurance fees. Right around 12K. Even taking him back to court probably won't do much, however I need to get it into the works as the statute of limitations runs out in about a year.

Shad...Glad you are back to work. Have a safe trip home and chat you up when you return.

Going to get laundry done tonight, supposed to have an eye appt at 4o today, however I only have 4 bucks till tomorrow and no $$ for the co-pay. Maybe they will get the joke.

Have a great Thursday.

Love and Hugs and I need a attitude adjustment. I am in a foul mood.
Pray for me.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #71  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Quick check in for me as I want to get out of the house a little earlier today. Having a sneezy, coughy sinus kind of morning. Don't know why - the sun is shining and although there's a morning chill, it's looking to be a pretty nice day. Go figure We're on coffee ration this morning as we are low on creamer and Mr. Feral has decided to grace us with his presence by sleeping in his bed on the porch. That means we can't get to the garage refrigerator which has all the stock I got my morning coffee and there's enough creamer for 1 cup for DH, he will just have to make do.

Michelle - I remember now exactly where Bass Pro is. That's a large shopping center, I wonder how they are fairing during these down times. I think they relied on bus tours of people coming by to visit the outlet stores. But perhaps Bass is enough of a draw to keep them all going. Not being a sporting person myself, I can't say I ever stepped foot in one or had reason to. We have Gander Mountain and Bass Pro out here too. I'm glad to hear that you have dealt with your stress as best as possible and are moving on.

I'm not sure how weigh in will go tomorrow - I did stick with the fresh fruit I cut up for our meeting last night. But one woman brought the most wonderful brushetta and little garlic toasts. I had 2 and I could feel the salt just puffing up every cell in my body. And I had 2 small cubes of baby swiss cheese after everyone raved at how good they were. I stayed well within points, I'm just worried about the salt, not sure I can drink it away by this morning's weigh in.

Glad you got back to NZ safe Shad. Hope the weather clears up some for you to enjoy the outdoors, even if the point was to visit with friends and family That's great (I hope) that you have another job lined up. You sure don't have to wait long and that's a good thing.

Annie - you are a real hero this morning. Giving that much blood - geez that's enough to make you woozy and anemic. It almost counts as a blood donation Will you have to do that always or just a few years post op? AND AND AND - you prevented a forest fire at work? Hurray for you! These coffee drinkers just don't think about what they are doing. We have pots overheating with crudded up coffee from ignoramuses that leave 1/8 of a cup in the pot on the rather hot plate. It happens on a daily basis throughout the building and I'm surprised it doesn't start fires too. Sounds like you are the angel of the building - just swooping through and taking care of things. Either that or you have become the "dorm mom" Hope your mood cheers up. Sometimes you just have to stop a sec, refocus and think of 3 things you are grateful for in your life to change your thinking. And some days you just need to get a little out of your system If all else fails, find someone you're not particularly fond of, hold your arm out, line up their heads between your thumb and index finger and do a quick squeeze and pinch their heads off Works for me. Especially on the road. Lately they have taken to shooting each other over road rage so pinching is a better method than yelling.

Gotta run, love to all the chicks.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:32 AM   #72  
Annie - Indiana

OMG Happy....you are so funny, that in itself put me in a better mood. Yep, dorm mom, um angel, don't think so...hehe. Will keep the pinching method in the front of my mind. lol
Old 02-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #73  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Thursday ladies -

It's been a busy day today. Tonight, I'm going to the gym to do some strength training, stretching and as much cardio as I can do until the back pain starts to kick in (even if it's only 10 minutes).

DH and I don't have any big plans for the weekend. We may go out to dinner tomorrow night, or I may just cook something yummy. DH has to work on Saturday, and I'll probably have a bit of website work to do, along with house cleaning. Then on Sunday (and Monday since we're both taking that day off), we'll be doing spring cleaning/organizing in the basement. It'll be nice to have the house more or less clean (except for the upstairs), and have the basement organized. Hopefully I'll be able to do all the housework without aggravating my back too much....but if I do, I have pain meds and muscle relaxers!

Talk to you later, chicks.

Last edited by diyana; 02-13-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #74  
Creating a Healthier Me

Shad - Great to hear from you! Glad you made it to NZ okay. Congrats on getting a job! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Annie - Wow, they sure took a lot of blood for your tests. I hope your day has calmed down a bit...you had quite an exciting morning.

Happy - I hope your weigh in goes well and that your sinuses clear up. There were a lot of cars and people at the mall...but since I've never been there before, I don't know if it was just as many folks as prior to the economy going bad. I am trying to move on....just keeping the focus on the present and how lucky I am to have such a wonderful DH.

A big to everyone!

Love and hugs to all,
Old 02-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi everyone

Michelle
I love Bass Pro but the last time I was there was when my nephew graduated high school. He's now 26. This Bass Pro, in Springfield, MO had a resturant where you could look down over the store. I loved all the stuffed animals. and glass elevators. It's geared for sportsman.

Annie
Hugs. Sending you good vibes today. This mood will lift.

Happy
How was your weigh in?

Shad
Enjoy your visit--just stay away from those fires.

This has been a busy week for me. I've had thunderstorms, winds in excess of 52 mph and a trainee that decided he didn't want to do anything except watch tv.on top of all the other things I'm supposed to do. I was ready to sleep in this morning and greatful for my 4 day's off this week. The boss also had gotten a chance to get some things fixed this week which helps a lot but there is one major thing that is getting to be a hassle in itself that needs to be fixed. I told the boss yesterday that he may have to replace that next.

I'm loving the fact that the days are getting longer. I'm so ready to get outside and do some yard work. Today I'm tackling some repairs in the bathroom. Yes, I could call the land lord but I like to do things like this. I will call him about the leak under the sink in the bathroom.

Tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut and will be going back to Paragould.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote