Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 07:43 AM   #241  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning folks,

I got up at 5 but my stomach was very unsettled so I didn't get to the gym today. Maybe tonight - we'll see. It's hard to get it in after work. Last night I missed my diabetes class because we were in a meeting until almost 7pm. Was supposed to be a "brief" review that started at 4 o'clock...

Ceejay - used to be that there were good jobs and bad and mostly you could make it through life avoiding most of the stinkers but it surely seems like the whole environment has changed and not for the better. I am very glad I'm at the end of my career because I don't understand the "new rules" anymore. I'm sorry to hear that things didn't turn out as well as you wanted them to.

Shy - saw your post on another thread - sorry to hear about the loss in your family - our thoughts are with you

Mel - glad I could give you a much needed laugh with my less than stellar tech skills. I guess I'm a better thinker than a hands on type. As for the person you offended, don't dwell on it as long as you apologized if you were wrong. I think we are harder on ourselves. And sometimes we just get angry at ourselves for sinking down to "their" level. That's ok, we still like you

I'm joining Mel and Michelle's "what day is it club?". Thought today was Thursday Sometimes one day just rolls into the next...

Ruth - Shad said it best, Hershey was famous the world over. Bet it will be hard telling Harry. How long did you have Hershey? Did you get her as a pup?

Shad - $200 at the grocery store? Geez that's a normal trip for me. Wish I could make that last a month DH says we have way too much food in the house for just 2 people. I'm starting to think he may be right. Funny how the grocery cart can stay pretty empty for most of the trip through the store and then by the time I get to the check out stand, it's full to the brim. Hope the Dampier job comes through in time and they don't try and string you along. Their loss if they do, right?

Michelle - I know what you mean about wanting the leave colors to stay around as long as possible. I would get bummed if we got an early season wind storm and it messed up the leaves. I thought I saw one tree starting to turn yesterday but it's still very early for us. Our autumn colors pop around Thanksgiving.

Oops, it's trash day. I'd better get stuff ready for DH to take out.

Have a good day...
Old 09-24-2008, 07:45 AM   #242  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY...THANKS I NEEDED THEM AND A BIG FOR YOU AS WELL!

WHAT COULD BE NEW SINCE LAST NIGHT? WATCHED THE BL SHOW, PEDALED AND WENT TO BED A NOR'EASTER IS ON IT'S WAY. FUNNY THING IS YOU CAN FEEL IT IN THE AIR. GONNA LAST FOR A FEW DAYS SO I AM OFF TO THE OUTSIDE TO GET AS MUCH SUN AS POSSIBLE! TOMORROW WILLY IS TAKING ME AND THE SENIORS TO A TRADER JOE'S STORE. I AM A VIRGIN WHEN IT COMES TO TRADER JOE. IT'S MY FIRST TIME SO I'LL TELL WILLY TO BE GENTLE WITH ME
HAPPY HUMP DAY AND HAPPY THURSDAY SHAD
Old 09-24-2008, 07:47 AM   #243  
Happy September

THANKS HAPPY..HOPE THE TUMMY FEELS BETTER
Old 09-24-2008, 08:14 AM   #244  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Worldlies...

I am somewhat getting back to feeling normal. It's amazing how someone can mess with your head so much.

Work has been crazy busy, thank God, it makes to day go fast. I can hardly believe that October will be here next week. I think September was on fast forward.

Didn't sleep well on Monday night, slept pretty good last night, however I am as tired as can be today. I did get in two great walks yesterday, that made me feel better too. It has been so beautiful here lately.

A couple of us are going to Paradise Cafe for lunch today. They have marvelous sandwiches, salads and soup. All homemade including the bread for the sandwiches. I have a rewards card for there from doing so much catering for work purposes that I have accumulated 7 free lunches and 7 free beverages.

Hello to Everyone, thank you so much for all your support.

Love and Hugs
Old 09-24-2008, 09:20 AM   #245  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Just a quick check in as I'm crazy busy today. Hopefully I'll be able to pop back in later. to everyone who needs/wants them. I hope we all have a great day today!

Love and hugs

Last edited by diyana; 09-24-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #246  
Smackin' into a Wall

Ruth, I am so sorry to hear about sweet Hershey. Hugs to you and Harry and Disney.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #247  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Beautiful if slightly cool day out there today which makes perfect conditions for painting. So today will be the day to shift furniture and dust and clean then paint walls. Never stops does it. Yesterday I swore and cursed at the sanders because one decided it wouldn't hold the sanding discs on anymore and spat them out at every opportunity, the other held the discs but decided not to go. In frustration I got out my little mouse sander - not designed for big areas of walls and finished off with that. Dear little thing scarcely missed a beat and did a grand job. I thought I might change out the rotating disc of one sander and replace it with another but apparently it requires a special screwdriver so DS2 informed me last night. A special tool which apparently is residing in his toolbox in his new Ute. Not much good to me there. Anyway, the wall is sanded and will be painted today. That will no doubt throw up some imperfections and resanding will apply. It always happens.
Apart from that, I think some of today will be spent in the garden trying to get rid of the weeds and thinking about replanting some of the lost plants. Maybe I will just remove the lawn and replant the whole area with natives - less work to do that way. Anyway.......

Happy - sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Get better soon. I used to buy too much at the grocery store. Still do some of the time, particularly fruit and veg. Then when I don't get to eat it all, I end up either growing scientific experiments in the fridge or chucking it in the bin because it is past the use by date or just inedible. Nowadays I tend to work on a menu and that stops me from being too much of an idiot. I still waste a bit and sometimes it becomes very annoying when DS2 doesn't show up for a meal or eat something I bought specifically for him. So I don't do that often. I don't cook his dinner until he arrives home and tells me whether he is staying or not. That way there are few left overs to have to chuck.

Mel - we chat tomorrow. That will be good.

Annie - good to hear life is on the improve for you. Good on you for getting out and about again. Sometimes it can be a good thing when life is busy, busy, busy.

Michelle - on the other hand, sometimes there is too much work to do. I have a feeling I'll be getting to that point sooner than I had liked.

It occurred to me earlier that I was probably one of the few chicks around the world who has met both Lucy and Hershey. They were both lovely dogs and we all know I am a sucker for a good dog. They were both so different, and although I got on well early with Lucy, who can forget the races up and down the stairs to see who got the chocolate so lovingly laid on the pillow by a wonderful hostess, Hershey was more composed and controlled and considering. Eventually I must have passed the test, since she used my feet as a pillow under the table on a couple of occasions. Ruth will have many wonderful memories of those two lovely dogs.

That's about it for now. Hope everyone who needs hugs gets 'em. - it's not been the best of months of many of us. Stick with it girls. Eat well and sweat well. cya
Old 09-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just poping in to say hello. Nothing new except I have a three day week end. Yipee.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #249  
Choose your hard

Hi There Ladies,

Looks like I'm the first one in the hopper this morning. Must be a sleepy morning. No one in this house wanted to get up today including me. I could just hang my head down, close my eyes and go to sleep on y'all right now. I guess aliens must have abducted me during the night and kept me up partying until sunrise And I didn't get to bed all that late either...

Ceejay - enjoy that fabulous 3 day weekend -

Shad - not sure there is anything that makes more of a mess than sanding. At least the mouse sander worked for you - beats hand sanding. We're going to have to start that too - someday. Still waffling on what color to do. I keep telling myself I'm going to tighten up with the food and plan more efficiently. Looks like I'll do that a few days AFTER I decide to pick a color for paint Have they finalized the Dampier job yet?

Michelle - I know crazy busy - not the best option to be in. Hope things chill out soon and don't get stressed over it

Annie - Paradise Cafe sounds delish - what did you have? There's a couple of places up Chicago way called Egg Harbor Cafe that had wonderful food like that. Ummm.

Mel - every time I hear the term nor'easter I want to go dig out my yellow shiny rain slicker and put on my galoshes. It reminds me of an old grissled sea captain. Batton down the hatches matey

Ok, I'm outta time - gotta run. Have a good one!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #250  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Thursday ladies --

Work has been crazy busy as usual, but I'm taking a much needed 5 minute sanity break to check on my chick pals. I went to the gym last night and did a great Abs/Core workout followed by an awesome Step class. Tonight is strength training using the exercise ball followed by a dance class.

Shad - I hope the sanding/painting turned out well. I love your saying "Eat Well and Sweat Well".

Ceejay - Enjoy your three day weekend! YGG on all the exercise minutes adding up!

Happy - I'm surviving crazy busy. At least my challenging project is over and it should run successfully on Monday. I'm coming in at 6 am on Monday to make sure (of course that means I'll get to leave at 3 pm, so I don't mind coming in early). After this week, I am SO looking forward to the weekend! Just 1 more day.

Mel - Stay inside warm and dry during your nor'easter! I lived in New England until age 10, so I'm familiar with nor'easters.

Annie - I'm glad to hear you're doing better.

Ruth -

Patty - I hope you and Blackie are doing well.

A big to Carla, Painter, Madcat and anyone else I may have missed.

My 5 minute sanity break is over....1 more hour until time to go home!

BTW, I'm finally reading "The Secret". Have any of you read it?

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 09-25-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:32 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Today has gone by to fast for my liking. I've started cleaning in the kitchen.
I hate clutter and since I worked all those long hours my whole house is nothing but clutter. Ugggh. I'd hire someone to clean my house but they wouldn't know what to do about the clutter.

Michelle
I'm going to remember those 5 minute sanity breaks at work. I intended to go to the gym and work on my abs today but my heart just wasn't into it.

Shad
I hear you on buying things that I don't use and that's after I make out a menu.

Happy
I was hoping for some aliens to take me away during that long work stretch, maybe they did and that's why I was so exhausted. Don't tell my boss.

I'm suppose to go to the doctor in Jonesboro tomorrow and have my potassium checked but will do that here. The drive just for a simple blood draw is not worth it to me. The gas prices for one thing. Dr L. has been my doctor for a long long time. I just need to complain more about some other things that have been bothering me. I have a really high pain tolerance. I need a doctor here.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #252  
Happy September

SWEET DREAMS WORLDLIES AND GOOD MORNING AGAIN SHADDIE!
I AM WAY TO TIRED TO POST SENSIBLY SO I'LL CATCH UP EITHER TOMORROW NIGHT OR SATURDAY. THERE'S BEEN A LOT OF DRAMA CRAP BUT I HAVE MADE MY STAND, SOMEONE LISTENED TODAY AND ALL SHOULD BE WELL. WILL EXPLAIN BETTER NEXT POST. I AM PLEASED SO FAR THOUGH.
TRADER JOE'S WAS A GREAT STORE FOR ME AND WILLY WAS RIGHT. HE ALSO STAYED WITH ME THE WHOLE TIME. PEOPLE ARE WATCHING US AND SMILING SAPPY SMILES...THEY THINK I AM DATING A YOUNGER MAN! HE WORRIES ABOUT ME LIKE A MOTHER HEN SOMETIMES. THE FOOD THERE WAS GREAT. BOUGHT READY MADE EVERYTHING. SOME REFRIGERATED MEALS, SOME FROZEN MEALS, FLAX SEED, FRESH VEGGIES AND GORGEOUS FRUITS ALL ORGANIC, LEMON VERBENA SOAP, LAVENDAR SOAP, TEA TREE OIL SOAP, JUICES, FIG BARS, AND A THERMAL BAG TO PUT IT ALL INTO! EACH MEAL MAKES 2 PORTIONS FOR ME. I CANNOT POSSIBLY EAT ONE PORTION AND STILL BE ABLE TO BREATHE. SO THE COST PER MEAL IS MUCH LOWER FOR MYSELF. I THINK THIS WILL BE ONE STORE I'LL ASK THE TOWN FOR A RIDE TO AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH. OK KIDS. I AM OFF TO BED. MEETING JUST ENDED DOWNSTAIRS. I AM HAPPY SO FAR WITH SOME OUTCOMES. HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW TOO
Old 09-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #253  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

I had a moment of temporary insanity last night and I am now the new Vice President of our homeowners association. We have a new president who is a really strong get it done sort of chap I really admire so I think we will finally have some purpose and direction. As I told DH last night, although I don't like where our society is headed like a bunch of ostritches with their heads in the sand saying not my problem, I think it's more wrong to join them than to keep trying to make a difference. We'll see...

Mel - it seems like you scored a hit with TJ yesterday. It is a wonderful store and being by yourself it actually might make more sense to pick up the premade meals. And they tend to stay more to the organic side so you hopefully won't have difficulties with additives and things.

Ceejay - good for you for finding that burst of energy to clean up. I totally understand the bit about shutting down and clutter and frustration. Hope things are orderly again.

Michelle - I haven't read The Secret - don't get much into books lately tho I should - would be a great way to ease into sleep at night. Hopefully you got yourself a good read.

I'm kind of behind this morning - hello to those I didn't get to individually - have a good Friday!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #254  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday ladies!

I'm picking DH up after work today. Yay! It'll be so nice to have him back home. I had a great strength training class last night, followed by a fun dance class. I'm picking DH up after work today. Yay! It'll be so nice to have him back home. We don't have plans for the weekend, as he has to do some work tomorrow...and we're not sure what the weather will be. But I'm so looking forward to having two days off.

Ceejay -- I'm with you. I'd hire someone to clean my home, but they wouldn't know what to do with the clutter. I think I need to clone myself so one of me can work, one can clean and one can have fun!

Mel - I'm glad you're taking a stand against the drama crap. Good for you! Trader Joes is a great store. Up until the last year or so, we had to make the trek to Illinois to go to a Trader Joes. Now there's one on the east side of Milwaukee....about 40 minutes away instead of an hour and a half.

Happy - Congrats on being elected VP! I hope it won't take up too much of your limited free time. Make sure you keep finding time for the gym, diabetes classes, walks and taking care of YOU, okay? I don't read a lot either. But I've managed to start The Secret, plus join two book clubs at work. We'll see how I do. I figured I can read while on the treddie or something. Speaking of exercise, your counters just keep going up and up! YGG!

to everyone I missed.

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 09-26-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #255  
Happy September

I STILL HAVE TO GO BACK AND READ. BUT I'LL DO IT TODAY FOR SURE. I OPENED THE FRIDGE AND GOT HAPPY ALL OVER AGAIN THIS MORNING. JUST HAD A LOVELY PEACH. WILLY WANTS REPORTS ON HOW I LIKE THE FOODS. THE STORM TOOK DOWN SOME OF OUR JUNIPER TREES. SAD TO SEE THEM GO. WINDS HAVE BEEN FEROCIOUS ON AND OFF. LAST NIGHT WAS SPOOKY SOUNDING. NEEDLESS TO SAY I DID NOT GO ON THE BUS THIS MORNING FOR MORE SHOPPING. STAYIN WARM AND DRY. A GOOD DAY TO FINISH THIS MYSTERY BOOK.
HAPPY FRIDAY/SATURDAY
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE

HAPPY~ CONGRATULATIONS MRS VICE PRESIDENT I HOPE YOU AND HE WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND THE WORK WON'T BE TOO MUCH. GOOD LUCK!

MICHELLE~ HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND WITH THE DH DID YOU SAY YOU'RE GOING TO PICK HIM UP AFTER WORK TODAY??
(sorry...can't stop laughing over here at the double sentence!! lolololol) HAVE FUN!!
Closed Thread