Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 11:35 PM   #166  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Well Miss Shad, you are no slouch in the butterfly department yourself. I was able to identify one butterfly for you - the black and white one is a Tree Nymph - I added a comment to the pic. The others I wasn't sure of - as you know, many are different top and bottom, male and female so if you don't have the right reference picture... bust. I loved the colors and that one shot of you with one on your hand - priceless. It looked like a very lovely garden and I really enjoyed your pictures. DH has already gone to sleep but I will make sure he sees them in the morning.

I am sorry to say that it looks like none of the 13 butterfly caterpillars are going to make it to a butterfly. The last few nights have been cool, not sure if they are too cool for them. Some never got past the little bitty stage, some got big and died and it appears that Godzilla died today. There are 2 more left but they have eaten through all but the last bits of parsley, not enough left to sustain them I think and I can't even get any at the store as there is nothing for them to "stand on" and support themselves while they eat, not to mention the cut variety does not hold up fresh for very long. We will try again next year with some dill, parsley and Queen Anne's lace in abundance.

I did get an email from my niece in Houston. She weathered the Hurricane but sent lots of pictures of trees ripped right out of the ground and lots of wind damage. She said she's been busy helping out others in need and it's been a good experience for her. There is a certain sense of comraderie you get when you band together in a crisis. I think she is much happier that she moved much further across town and away from the waterfront.

Ceejay - I think you are experiencing the old "even if the spirit is willing, when the body gives out, the body gives out..." Rest up and take care of yourself.

I don't know what a mandolin is (outside of the musical instrument) but after reading about Ruth's experience, I don't want to go near one. And why was Ruth using a musical instrument to cut pears? Them strings must be awfully sharp

Well Michelle - at least you won't have to be by yourself for too long. Just enough time to say whoopee I have a night to do ANYTHING I like And DH's timing is good in Mexico between storms. Now if the weather in town just holds up for his flight back

I have had a painful kink in my hip all week long and even with a heating pad it's getting worse. I can't directly tell where it hurts tho it mostly hurts when I get up from a chair and walk around. I'm almost wondering if it's a groin pull, tho I don't know because I've never had one. I can't remember doing anything goofy/downright stupid/ or out of the ordinary. It just mildly starting bothering me and got worse each day. I actually thought it was from sleeping wierd. DH suggested 20 minutes of ice and then the heating pad and I think I'm going to go to bed and do just that. I wanted to go swimming tomorrow but DH said that maybe it would be better to rest it 2 days and we can go on Friday. I hate to miss a day but perhaps he is right.

In any event, it's off to bed for me. Good night and pleasant dreams.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:29 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
You are exactly correct. My body gave out on me as did my mental state.
The human body can only take so much but I have to much of my mother's blood in me that I litterally push myself. My uncles are the same way. We get it from my grandpa their dad.

It's time for me to take my xanax and go to bed I'm not a bit sleepy.

My co-worker called me tonight and told me that there are rumors that changes will be made at the water plant. If this rumor is true, I'm litterally going to jump up and down. My friend in the lab who used to be over the plant is supposed to be coming back as boss. Tim is to keep his title as boss over the sewer/water guys. The plant manager is to become the mayor's assistant. He'll be in charge if the Mayor is gone out of town. She has insight's as to what is going on due to her brother being a boss in the electric department. He attends all of the city council meetings. I'm wondering if this had anything to do with my melt down on Saturday. I'll explain more as it is revealed. She said that he still hadn't got the dosages of the different well combinations done.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:16 AM   #168  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

cee
I am glad you don't have to be concerned about your job. Take a break and give yourself time to rest and relax. Not only does the body need it but so does the brain

Happy
I very seldom eat bread. Just not something I care that much for but I do like other things in that food group. WE eat lots of brown rice for example. I always shoot for the higher amounts of the requirements but am happy if I only end up with the lower amounts lol. I did notice when I was staying within ranges I have set for myself and I was eating those required amounts of the food groups from the old pyramid my weight loss was going great. Think it really is a good idea for me to stick with the old food pyramid.

Shad
I am lucky, there isn't a thing I am not allowed to eat. I eat it all just watch how much I eat of it lol. I did notice when I was staying within ranges I have set for myself and I was eating those required amounts of the food groups from the old pyramid my weight loss was going great. Think it really is a good idea for me to stick with the old food pyramid.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:56 AM   #169  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE~ HOPE THE PROJECTS ARE GOING WELL. GOOD LUCK!! ANY FISHING FOR THE WEEKEND???

RUTH~ SORRY ABOUT THE THUMB AND HAVE A GREAT TIME IN NC!!! ENJOY!!

HAPPY~ A MANDOLIN IS A SLICER OF SORTS THAT YOU CUT THE VEGGIES WITH:

THIS IS ONE OF MANY! SORRY ABOUT THE NUTRITIONIST. NOT ALL SWEET WOMEN KNOW WRF THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!! HOPE THE HIP FEELS BETTER. HEAT CAN MAKE IT WORSE SO BE CAREFUL!

CEEJAY~ GLAD TO HEAR THE CHANGES MAY TAKE PLACE AT WORK. HHAVE FUN AT THE UNCLES AND REST UP! NO MORE MELTDOOWNS THIS MONTH. I THINK WE HAVE ALL REACHED OUR WATERLOO AS THEY SAY!

SHAD~ I WILL GOOGLE YOUR NEW DESTINATION AND LOOK AT THE PICS BUT PROBABLY OVER THE WEEKEND. THANKS FOR POSTING THEM. MORE CROCS??? HAPPY ROSE SNIFFING!!

RENNIE~GOOD LUCK WITH THE OLD PYRAMID...I AM FOR WHAT EVER WORKS

SUNNY AND COOL OUT AND I WANT TO GET ME SOME OF THAT BEFORE SOMEONE PISSES ME OFF AND RUINS MY DAY!! LAST NIGHT, I WENT DOWN AT 10 PM TO LOCK UP A CONFERENCE ROOM AS A FAVOR AND FOUND A DOZEN + CHAIRS BLOCKING MY ENTRANCE. I SAID "SCREW THIS" AND CAME BACK UP. THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS MOVING THAT LOT JUST TO GET TO THE OTHER DOOR. SO I LEFT IT OPEN. NOTHING IS REALLY IN THERE ANYWAY...LEFT A MESSAGE AND WENT TO BED NO MORE MRS NICE GAL.
FEELING BETTER TODAY. MAYBE SOME LAUNDRY. LAST NIGHT I ALSO FINISHED PUTTING ALL THE SHELF FOOD AWAY. KEEPING IT TO SIMPLE COOKING. VERY PLAIN FARE. STOMACH ETC IS MUCH HAPPIER TOO. THEN WATCHED THE BIGGEST LOSER'S OPENING SEASON.
I BETTER MOVE MY BUTT...I FEEL A NAP COMING ON!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY
Old 09-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #170  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Mel's ticker has clicked to 99 days. Time's a flyin'. Mel, I completely understand your screw it situation with the chairs blocking your path. I ran into a similar situation 3 different times at work. Instead of getting all upset, I just told myself, it doesn't matter and I need to walk away from this. It bothers me alot to become the kind of don't care person that I detest but more and more it's getting to be like you're swimming against the current and you keep getting buffetted and the only one taking a beating is you. Life goes on whether you do the right thing or not. It's a pity but you have to look out for your well being first. So how was the Biggest Loser show? I got bored with it right after the start last season and turned it off. I had my diabetes class last night and we yakked almost an hour after class officially ended so I didn't get home until well after the new season started. DH was watching House so I didn't want to boot him off the couch. Thank you for the picture of the mandolin. I have one of those 2 but it's called a V-slicer and I'm very much afraid of it It has some serious nasty sharp blades. I like it to cut carrots into matchstick sized pieces. I use it for some things and make DH slice the scary stuff

Shy you are repeating yourself. Welcome to the land of senior moments I like crusty fresh French bread and certain restaurants have a really good hot roll. I find that the biggest thing with the bread is when I fail to plan out my food and am looking for something fast for lunch when I am running late. Nothing says fast like a sandwich. I do have some frozen WW meals but I swear there are times when they look yummy and other times when the same ones make me wonder why I bought them. I agree with Mel tho - the key is finding a plan that works for you and it does seem like you have.

Ceejay - hope those plant changes come about as anticipated. Sounds like it will be a good thing for most everyone.

And a good evening to you Shad. Are you home now? Did I understand that your stint in Jakarta is done with? Whew...

Where did Annie disappear to? Is she off playing slap and tickle with the new guy?

Good morning Michelle, I feel you floating around me. Did you catch up on your extra work?

Time for me to get a move on here. Have a good day chicks.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #171  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

I'm so busy at work, that I can only quickly say "hi". The projects are presenting challenges...which hopefully I'll make some headway with today.

I'll try and check in later today.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 09-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #172  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hey Chickas!

Been lurking, but thought I better put in an actual appearance. Work is crazy busy. I’ve been brought back to my actual department so this week has been reading background info and trying to get a brain dump from my coworker who I will be taking over for. She’s going in tomorrow for surgery for breast cancer (luckily caught very early) and will be gone for at least 3 months.

Other than that I’ve been going to the gym in the mornings, I’ve even started weight training again… it hurts when I stand after sitting for a while, but it’s a good hurt!

Ceejay~ Glad to hear you are forcing yourself to rest. Hopefully the changes in your workplace will help you in the long run. They sound good. And the bosom of your family is just the thing you need.

Mel~ Make your head behave, girl! Pesky headaches. Good for you for just walking away from the chair blockage. Let someone else deal with it for once.

Michelle~ Hope your project woes resolve themselves. Never fun when stuff falls off the rails.

Ruth~ Hershey will be fine in good hands. Say hi to the Mods and at least you’ll be away from sharp implements while you are gone. Ouchy!.

Shad~ Great pics! Jude the Obscure is a great flower name. Could a rose (I assume it is one) really ever be “obscure” though? Jude the Flagrant, maybe?

Happy~ Glad your Houston connection is fine in the aftermath. I think your DH is right and rest might be a good idea. Do you feel better? I have Biggest Loser PVR’d and I’ll probably watch it Saturday, while lying on the couch, not moving.

Ok, I better run off. Going to dinner with a friend tonight and we’re trying a new neggie place so we’ll see how that is. Frankly I could use a nap!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #173  
Choose your hard

Nap? Did someone say nap???

I did get 7 hours in last night but it just wasn't enough. I'm sure it won't help after that cheeseburger I ate for lunch today too (they had really nasty stuff in the cafeteria today).

Good to see you Madcat. Hope your coworker will be fine. That reminds me that I REALLY need to make my mamogram appointment.

Just peeking in at lunch, better go make like Michelle and get busy now
Old 09-17-2008, 01:34 PM   #174  
Rennie

happy
I do have some lean cuisines in the freezer. I try not to eat to many of them. I am happier to know I get those food groups in. I guess it is kind of a sense of accomplishment to plan it all out and stick to it lol. Sorry to hear about the caterpillars. We were all hoping for pics of the wonderful butterfly's.

Am pretty happy have lost 2 pounds since last wednesday.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-17-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #175  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies --

A quick check in while eating lunch. My DH got to Mexico last night. He called just before I went to bed, and then called again this morning, just to say "Good Morning!". He's so sweet.

Shad - Those are gorgeous photos. Singapore looks very nice! I enjoyed the scenery photos, and the butterfly photos which were absolutely gorgeous! I especially liked the shot of you with the butterfly on your hand. Like Happy, I feel like I was right there with ya'.

Happy - So sorry to hear about the caterpillars. I'm glad to hear that your niece made it through the hurricane okay. I hope your hip feels better today. And it is better to miss a day of the gym than to go in pain as you may move differently to compensate for the pain and cause further pain. And if heat makes the pain worse, definitely try ice for about 20 minutes. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your diabetes class. I'm starting a weight loss class a week from today. I really enjoy a good sandwich...which is why I get the Healthy Life bread.

Mel - We're hoping to go fishing this weekend, weather permitting. I'm glad you're feeling better. Don't overdo it.

Rennie - It's so nice when you find an eating plan that works for you! :congratulations: on losing 2 pounds! That's awesome! YGG!

Madcat - Good for you for your dedication to the gym and for getting back with weight training. Seems like there are several of us vying for the title of Exercise !

Well, lunch break is over and it's back to work for me.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Love and hugs,
Old 09-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #176  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Sorry I haven't been around lately guys.....I fell really hard for Jeff, then he just quit calling and texting me. He won't answer my calls or texts, absolutely nothing. I have been crying since Sunday and can't quit. I am such an idiot and don't even know what happened or I did wrong. I have racked my brain to figure it out, so has about 5 of my girlfriends. They think maybe he fell to hard and got scared, I think I did something to upset him. Heck I don't know. I just know it hurts really bad. I think I am better off staying single, I was happy, healthy and content till all of this. Now I am down another 5 lbs, went to the doc this morning and she said DO NOT LOSE ANY MORE WEIGHT, sheesh I am not trying too, nor did I EVER think I would hear that. I am a wreck, please pray for me and my sanity.

Love you guys, hugs
Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Hugs, Maybe Jeff is cooling it for awhile. Don't blame yourself.

Madcat
Sorry about your co-worker. Hope she does well.

Holly
It's good to see you back also.

Michelle
Still busy at work. Hope things slow down soon.

Reenie
I keep Lean Cusine in the freezer. I like some of the meals but not all. I'm going to start planning out my meals also. I'm to the point now that I need to be following a meal plan whether my own or some one elses just to stay healthy. It will be low carb but not Atkins

I have never taken xanax but I took a full pill last night and slept a glorius 12 hours. I woke up at 11.30 a.m. and don't remember getting up during the to go potty. I'm feeling rested.

Played with the neighbors children for a little bit yesterday afternoon. The three year old told me he tried to get on the school bus but they wouldn't open the door for him. He wants to go to school so bad. His sister goes to kindergarten. He turned three in August.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-17-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #178  
Rennie

annie
Sometimes it has nothing to do with what anyone did wrong. Sometimes relationships burn bright like the sun but don't last long. You don't give up. The feeling of love even for a fleeting moment is better than to never have that feeling at all. There is someone for you. You won't find him if you don't keep looking. Doesn't matter what it was all about. Someone that won't return a call is not someone a person should be with.

di
I guess why it works for me is because it isn't a plan lol. It is just a natural healthy diet. I think I would get very bored very quickly trying to follow a set plan.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #179  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Quick fly through for me as well today as the couriers are coming for my computer today and I am officially off the Jakarta project. Sad in some ways because they (the Jakartans) still are requesting help from me. It always seems that the trainer is let go about a week too early or maybe should go back two weeks after go live to ensure they are doing it right and there are no problems. Still I am used to this. Same as I am used to Project Managers moaning that despite all the money spent and the hours worked the workers are still not trained. Well hello, it happens if you don't bring the trainer on board early enough, or you don't do change management properly or you don't allow enough time for the general population to slow down and make their own mistakes and then get the required help to get out of the doo doo. Anyway I am home until the 1st of October and then off to Dampier. Sounds like fun. Mick rang me yesterday to tell me my office is right next to the railway tracks. I will have hooting and tooting and shunting to add to my memories. He is keen to get me up there it seems. So I have a list of things to do and pack before I get there. No doubt he will ring at the end of the week to see if I am already packed.

Annie - sorry to hear that things are not good between you and Jeff. Well lets face it there are no things at the moment. He did tell you that he did not need anyone in his life, but he wanted you. I wonder, maybe he just wanted his fun and felt things were getting too serious. Whatever, I am so sorry for your pain. You have some work to do before you get back on your feet again. Vent here as often as you feel necessary.

Happy - you might try bringing the caterpillars inside in a big jar or terrarium. It will be warmer in the house. You can change the parsley every day - we have successfully bred Monarchs that way. However if the butterfly emerges during the winter, it wil not last long unfortunately. Maybe time to just let nature do its own thing.

Mel - wow lady. You are getting good in your old age. We used to have a sign around here - started with
If you open it, shut it
If you move it, put it back
If you put it down, pick it up

Can't remember the rest but it finished up with - if you break it, fix it or get it fixed professionally. Maybe we need a big sign on the wall.

Okay - sorry can't reply any more. Better go get my shower and get dressed just in case the courier arrives early. Can't get anyone at the front door in my jammies now can I?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #180  
Choose your hard

Golden Rules for Living -

1) If you open it, close it.
2) If you turn it on, turn it off.
3) If you unlock it, lock it up.
4) If you break it, admit it.
5) If you can’t fix it, call someone who can.
6) If you borrow it, return it.
7) If you value it, take care of it.
8) If you make a mess, clean it up.
9) If you move it, put it back.
10) If it belongs to someone else, get permission to use it.
11) If you don’t know how to operate it, leave it alone.
12) If it’s none of your business, don’t ask questions.

Very cute - I had not seen that before - at least not completely so I Google'd it.

I hope to be back after supper.
Closed Thread