Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #121  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Here's some of that dust for ya Gen. Good luck luvvy For the first time in weeks I have not had any food in 3 days. The first couple of days I felt great even if my water intake wasnt that crash hot. But today is day 4 and I have CRASHED and BURNED . Not food wise... energy wise. I am sooo and feel like all the time. I am guessing it's due to my body working overtime to get rid of the toxins that have built up over so long. Am I right? Or does anyone know the reason why I would be feeling like this? HELP

Amy welcome to our 3FC thread. These peeps are wonderful. I'm 35, have 4 kids and 3 stepkids, in QLD. Been here for almost a year now and even though I lacked motivation and have only lost a few kilos since starting, this group keep me going. I have come to think of everyone as my friends .

Vonni
Old 01-17-2008, 12:53 AM   #122  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

i havent had time to read all your posts yet because my hubby is still on christmas leave and is the king of the computer chair so i thought i would just tell you what i did today for now.. until i can read your posts

Today i got out my new swiss ball pumped it up and did an hour of laughing at myself.. oh i mean pilates workout.. it was a complete crack up .. my husband was so entertained he just decided to sit and watch me... lol.. he was killing himself.. I was sweating an killing myself laughing..

i have NO BALANCE... lol but i did the workout .. i was weating away no problem and strugglignt o keep up. i had to pause the dvd and get my balance and press play so the 1 hour workout in reality took 1 and a half hours lol.. i know im hopeless but it was so funny.. even the girls on the dvd were giggling and coming off balance at times..

great fun.. but rather hard really . i wont do it more them once a week at this point..

also i was happy looking in the mirror this morning i have almost lost the top belly roll completly i measured and my waist has gone form 49inchs down to 43.. i was chuffed so i decided to get a waist line ticker.. lol im very happy . my weight has stayed equal this week but my waist has gone down.. good enough for me ..
Old 01-17-2008, 04:23 AM   #123  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

gen...... i dont want to sound like a hypocrite coz of how i started optifast "waiting for my shakes to arrive and having last suppers"........ but....... why does everything start "as of Monday"????? why not now???

i am not entirely impressed with my efforts this week too many slip ups on optifast (pizza was the worst) (not just any pizza-pepporoni with extra pepporoni on thin base for more oil! 4 slices!) oh and chocmint milkshake yesterday was really bad but kinda peer pressure with the chick i met from the baby website i am part of...... but where my will power went i dont know ESPECIALLY since she knew about my diet.... weird.....
anyhow anyhoo I am 84.6kg today!! so that is the lowest i have been for a long time!!! and means 10kg to go until i am at "goal" weight and less than 5kg until i am under 80kg!!!! all very exciting and important milestones

i have 4 weeks to go TODAY, jemima's birthday is 17 Feb, so i will be interested on the 16 of Feb to see how much weight I have lost in 12months including the birth stuff.......... funny it took 40weeks to put on 30kg and so far 48weeks to lose not even 20!!! how is that fair hehehehe

vonni - i think the crash and burn is your body working itself out - do you have headaches as well??? you need to keep fluids up (apparently)
Old 01-17-2008, 04:59 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Starting Monday because I'm working all weekend, so I know I won't be able to meet a couple of my goals. I need to have time to plan in advance for work shifts so I can buy groceries, take lunches etc.

Vonni, thanks. Could you be having sugar withdrawal? I know when people cut out sugar for a few days they get headaches and very tired etc.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #125  
It's ME!

Gen, that's great news that you now have only 6 weeks until you start your job in the US. It's always good having something to look forward to. Here's some more for you

Vonni I don't know why you would be feeling that way but your theory makes sense. Hope you're feeling better soon

Congrats Amy on losing those inches I've kept track of my measurements and I rekon they're absolutely essential in terms of keeping you motivated and keeping you aware of your progress.

Congrats Kel on your new low weight that's really cool. You've had a few cheats though so make sure you keep an eye on that. Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to have some pre-prepared low cal snacks handy? Just a thought

As for me, I had another pretty good day yesterday. Hit the gym and did my weight circuit which took around 40 minutes. Even did my walking lunges holding a 7.5kg weight in each hand when I didn't have to! Treated myself to 4 chocolate caramel sweets after dinner and then worked till midnight as per usual.

I'm so happy that it's finally Friday and I'm taking the day off the gym. I'm meant to have 2 rest days a week so I'll do at least one long walk in the weekend.

Have a great day ladies
Old 01-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #126  
Am I a senior too?

Thanks heaps. May just well be the sugar Gen. Well, yesterday ALL day I felt like crap, but have a bit more energy today. BUT yesterday I was bad bad bad. I ate fine all day, and was going to meet the other half for a cuppa after he finished work and before I started. Was also going to have a healthy sanga as I work through dinner time. It started off badly and ended no better.

He already had the grumps because he 'waited' for me to come to bed wednesday night and I stayed up. When I got there he was asleep. He carried a grudge for ages. So when we met up he was racing ahead and I was jogging to keep up, he was answering me with one syllable and offering no convo of his own free will. So I looked at him and said 'well I am going to work now. Not sitting here with you like this" And I left almost crying. I still had half hour before I started so I bought some hair product and was going out to get myself something to eat but he found me and came to. I got a bloody deep fried LARGE spring roll smothered in tomato sauce and a small flavoured milk. I knwo I shouldnt beat myself up over one slip up in 4 days but one leads to two and three etc... I had the WORST headache last night when I went to bed. Prob from the sudden shock to my system. And I can usually only have small amounts of tom sauce or I DO get headachey.

Anyhow enough griping. I do feel better now that I have that off my chest.

Must go get Eb ready for day care.

Vonni

Last edited by 7senuf; 01-17-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Got a phone call from the real estate agent late yesterday afternoon to TELL me there'll be another home open tomorrow. No word from the landlord, and no bloody notice .

Does this mean I'm expected to spend the second Saturday in a row cleaning the house for her? Yes of course it does! I feel SO violated by this crap - just about had enough of it.

So I did what every responsible person would do - went and bought myself a new wide-brimmed floppy hat, dug the sunscreen out of the back of the cupboard, put some water bottles in the freezer overnight… and I'm going to spend the next two days at the cricket. Strangers can come and look at the house - but it won't be pretty

Gen you must be getting excited! Do you have accommodation and everything else lined up or do you do that once you get there?

Vonni I get a headache if I don't drink enough water. But Gen's right - it could very well be because you're cutting sugar back.

Kel you've got to use Optifast to learn how to eat properly - not so you can cheat with junk . Otherwise you'll end up putting that weight back on and we don't want that to happen. Losing weight is a process of trial and error, and patience and frustration, of learning and growing more healthy. I know we live in a world now where we want a quick fix for everything - but there is no known quick fix for obesity. It's a hard job, and it requires us to be responsible and educate ourselves.

I'm really struggling to eat 1500 cals/day - especially with all this other crap going in. For the last three days I've eaten around 1600, and I think that until I move, and manage to get a second job, I'm going to have this ongoing battle.

I think this is the most difficult time I have had since I began my weight loss journey 18 months ago. Stress every day, routine out the window, my home being constantly invaded by strangers, landlords and real estate agents - and a COMPLETE loser for a housemate!

And THAT'S a story I won't even begin to bore you with.

I just hope I can hang on to my focus and motivation for the next month until I get through all this sh!t!!!

Ani
Old 01-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #128  

Ani, if they haven't given the correct notice, you don't have to let them in... but the cricket sounds good too.

I have found someone on craiglist.org for a share house, but she's very slow replying to emails, which is annoying when I want to get things settled. Work is paying me relocation money, so I can get a hotel when I get there if I need to until I find a share place. I don't really like sharing, but I will be a huge hassle to get a lease and get utilities on when I don't have a SSN and no prior credit history in the US, so a share place sounds easy in theory. We shall see!!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #129  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

i always find if i say i'm going to start something monday and then something comes up i fail.... it's like "tomorrow never comes" which is why i have to just kick myself in the butt and say right we are doing this and now!!!

i have big time learnt about food since being on this site and calorieking, optifast is helping me lose some of the 'excess' weight even when i slip up i dont slip up as badly as i could....... big piece of choc/caramel/white mudcake in the fridge at the moment that i wanted yesterday but not going to and when benji and i share it i am going to have the smallest bit coz know all i need is a taste of it.
but you are right ani, i cant use optifast to just be able to cheat and eat junk hehehehe
plan to have fish and chips on the weekend somewhere relaxing so by looking forward to that it keeps me on track for today and probably tomorrow
Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #130  
Am I a senior too?

My other half KNOWS I am trying to lose weight and he goes and buys me a boost bar. That boost bar is still in the fridge and you knwo what? I don't even feel like it
Old 01-17-2008, 10:15 PM   #131  
It's ME!

Hmmmm, Kel, where does fish n chips fit in on the diet? Seems like an incredibly high fat meal to have unless it's baked fish and oven baked chips. I don't understand how the shakes work if you're able to eat stuff like that as well. Not having a go, I just don't get it.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:01 AM   #132  
Blue Team Member

ani it really sound like you landlord needs to pull thefrom her butt. You dont deserve the crap she is giving you .. fine she is stressed but if you were a bad teneant why would her sister want you.. .

Sounds like everyone is doing ok vonni im sorry your having ahrd time men suck lol
my hubby is whining at me now because im on the computer lol..

I had a good day today 20 minutes on the elliptical bike 10 minutes on the swissball then a 30 minute ab workout..

food has been fine too so im going great . i dont feel overly wonderful , i have sore thraot so i spose ill have an early night and hope to feel better tommorrow . Im taking the kids to my parents house to have a swim tommorrow as it is spose to be 33 here . I will swim most of the day as i usually do when we go over there . so none of my usual workouts for tommorrow but ill be working just the same
bye all gotta get tea ready as the hoarde is hungry lol..
take care of your selves and remember the WATER!!!!!! no excuse for not enough water . its the simpliest thing to consume lol...
bye
Old 01-18-2008, 03:32 AM   #133  

I'm crippled today from all the squats and stepups my trainer made me do yesterday... ouch!!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:24 AM   #134  
Blue Team Member

SQUATS ARE KILLERS LOL.. but at least you did it
Old 01-18-2008, 05:24 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

The landlord's sister wants me because I'm apparently a "super-tenant" and not only keep houses clean, but transform their gardens! Pfft!

Just got home from the cricket. How does it work that I LATHER myself in sunscreen and repeat the effort every two hours, and still come home looking lobsteresque?

I'll weigh heavy tomorrow morning because sunburn always makes you retain fluid. But I had a lot of fun!

I had to park 2km from the WACA and carry my esky and my bag - which must have weighed 10kg between them. Made me wonder how the **** I used to carry the extra 24kg of fat around. Oh - that's right - I could barely walk down the street back then. Woo hoo for healthy change
Closed Thread