Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #271  

Hi all, It is good to see you are all still working hard.
I have been making a slow but steady start.
I have started out at 1500cal a day and have stuck to it really well for the passed two weeks (well it will be two week’s tomorrow) so hoping that the scales will reflect positive news (fingers crossed).
I have been doing weights and riding my exercise bike (Yuk I get a pain in the Butt).
I am counting down the days till I go on Holiday, Hubby and I are flying down to Tassie for just under three week, we are doing some of the two day walks around the Apple Island. That should help move that weight.
Hope to talk to all very soon.
Butter ball no more
Old 02-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #272  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Welcome back butterball. Wow Tasmania you lucky thing. Thats on my wish list of destinations. New Zealand is first then Tazzy then Ireland. (The ireland thing will prob be never but..... dreams keep us going) Have you thought about buying a sheepskin cover for your bike seat? might help a bit, or lower the seat if you can?

Oh Gen I am so excited for you. Are you scared? I mean an excited scared not oh my god help scared. I echo Ani in you being our Aussie abroad chick.

Kel I am pretty sure the rice paper rolls are ok. They were steamed weren't they? But I am really sorry to say but you seem to have Mummy Syndrome. DON'T eat Jemimas leftovers. You may thing its just a bite here n there but it really does add up. You would be suprised. In a lot of things I have read about weight watching etc it says avoid eating the kids leftovers. In fact try to avoid having leftovers after any meal that you cook also. Cook just enough, even undercooking is great and serve yrself less. If you do have leftovers, put it in a container for Benji to have for work lunch. (sry for sounding a bore)

I've been going ok. Had a couple of bikkies each night with a cup of tea. Its my other halfs and my night cap together. Only 2. no more than that. the water thing is what is killing me. I just can't seem to. I just forget. And the brekky thing is starting to happen slowly. When I am not having to rush out the door.

Lindor suprosingly I wasn't sore after my 20 minutes on the elliptical. I am going to try again for another 20 today. Didnt do any yesterday

Have to go get kids on bus now. Have a great day all.

Vonni xxx
Old 02-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #273  

Height: 5'5"

Gee Gen, after all this time it's only two weeks away!!!!

Anyone heard from Ani yet? Wonder how her job interview went.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #274  

Talking

Good Morning all. I got on the scales this morning one Kg down well it is down but not as much as I had hoped for ( I was hoping for at least 1 ˝ kg). I think I will have to start dropping my calorie intake down to 1200 and increasing my exercise. I had a talk to my Dr about calorie intake and she said I should start on 1500 (for at lease 3 weeks) to reduce getting to hungry and blowing my efforts at a healthy eating style.
I will have to go out and see if I can find a sheepskin cover for the bike seat as I can not lower it any more.
“The Biggest Loser” I really don’t like it, I feel that it degrades the contestants and as so many of you have already said it makes out that YOU could not possible lose any weight without being on TV. I have a gym junkie friend that loves the show, but she also works out till she vomits, so maybe you have to have that kind of mind set to get it. Me I will be happy to never understand it as I am tiring to do all things in moderation not change one obsession for another.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

BB, I'd be very surprised if you don't need MORE calories than 1500. I know when I started at about your weight, I didn't lose at 1500 cals and had to increase to around 1650 cals. You can google for "BMR calculator" and work out the cals you need, or try going to a site like calorieking.com.au and filling in the profile and it will give you the cals to try.

I will definitely still visit this thread when I get there!! I'll need it more than ever once I'm confronting US portion sizes!
Old 02-06-2008, 05:40 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

WOO HOO! I'm now employed, and I can look forward to a regular income . It was a weird interview - I got there at 1pm, had a chat for 20 minutes and then he drove me over to the nursery and showed me around. Even before he offered me the job he talked to me about being very interested in training me to manage one of the Garden Centres! And then offered me a job and signed me up on the spot.

It isn't great money at this stage, but it's regular income.

Phew! Big load off my mind - I start Monday week .

Now I can concentrate on packing and moving… and losing this next bloody kilo!
Old 02-06-2008, 06:31 AM   #277  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter ball no more View Post
all things in moderation not change one obsession for another.
that is so so so so real and right! i am doing the same thing and almost positive i will be able to maintain after i lose the weight i want to coz i have not changed obsessions and have learnt that there is no evil foods

vonni - ricepaper rolls are not steamed or anything what it is is chicken (i soak ours in soysauce for a while first) in the frypan (no oil or anything) and then capsicum, carrot and lettuce cut up and then ricesticks/rice noodles and then you get rice paper and put it on the table with big bowl hot water and then you put the rice paper in and then you wrap up all the yummy stuff and then you eat it, like a wrap but with ricepaper.... so i am hoping it is ok

tomorrow is weigh in and i dont know what it is going to say coz of publunch today, i had a coke zero even though i was hanging out for vodka and i didnt have a bread roll (they are huge and so crispy) but almost jumped out of chair and ate friends... but restrained myself

i am ready to vote out most of the girls on biggest loser they are all victims and i hate it, i dont think ANY of them have taken resposibility for being fat and not one of them are doing it for themselves all for other people i hate that

oh yeah -vonni i KNOW i gotta stop eating jemima's left overs, it is hard though coz i hate waste and she has been sick and not eating alot (that girl always sick) but i dont pick that much when cooking or if i do i am concious of it and actually dont serve myself alot, half the reason i cook most things is for benji for his lunches! the other day i made him lamb casserole and didnt have any which made him almost a weeks worth of lunches, he will be sick of it by the end of it oh well tonight i made him butter chicken almost from scratch so am doing ok to be making and not eating

i cant wait to start eating again!!!! there are so many meals i am going to make so many stirfry combos i want to do, 10kg to go, at least 2 weeks of really really trying fast approach then we will see what i do, ideally still lose at least 500grams a week, am kinda annoyed that this week IF I AM LUCKY i will be back to lowest weight, but that is ok, i was really really really really stupid for the australia day long weekend so deserve to have to work hard this week hopefully i get tot he gym in the morning i want to do body balance after a GOOD half an hour OR SO on some kinda of cardio thing

everyone is doing so good has everyone drunk their water??? - i didnt today i suck, but will go and get some now
Old 02-06-2008, 06:59 AM   #278  

Thank you for the input Augigi I did some Google searches
And will look into it more, as I said I had spoke to my Dr about were I should start.
Congratulations Ani on the job, that’s a big one down the rest you can do I’m sure.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #279  

BB when I was about your weight I was losing steadily on around 1800 calories a day. Even now, at almost 80kg I eat around 1500/day and am still losing. I think it can be a bit dangerous (for the long term) to eat too few calories now - because there's no room to move when you get down to a lower weight.

Kel good luck with weigh-in tomorrow!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #280  
It's ME!

Congrats Ani on your new job That's really awesome news. Sounds like it'll be something that you'll really enjoy doing which is so, so important.

2 weeks to go eh Gen? I'm so jealous! I'm sure you'll love it over in the US and I'll echo the others when I say that you'd better keep checking in with us when you get there!

I had yesterday daytime off work and spent most of it sleeping and lazing around the house. Today I've got a terrible headache and bad period pains and I doubt I'll last the day at work.

I'm really counting down until my last shift at The Warehouse tomorrow night. I've been thinking about ways I can best ensure that I don't slip into unhealthy habits and have decided that I'm going to try and become a morning person and go to the gym every day before work.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #281  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

woo hooo ani!!!! you are so going to lose that kilo now, i just know it was the job thing holding you back...... you are going to be under 80kg that is so cool
i better go advanced so i can get some carrots happening..... so what will your job be now??

here we go

and now a carrot for me today 82.1kg the lightest yet on my journey BACK to what i where i was 800grams down from last week mainly having 2 shakes a day and a light meal, didnt get to the gym except for personal training, Monday was weird day for Jemima but got a walk or two in with the dogs
did a pregnancy test this morning coz someone said i could be pregnant and i want to be so bad but NOPE which is good in the way that i can 'concentrate' on losing more weight

julia - are you even kinda a morning person?? is it cold where you are?? I HATE MORNINGS but i am thinking seriously about getting a job in a warehouse 6am-2pm that was the hours i once had one day a week and i just figure they would be ideal benji could drop jem off at daycare before he went to work as late as possible and i would pick her up and she would still get half the day with me - but have had no response from warehouse manager where i used to work and dont want to be pushy so will wait and then look into other companys, we have "the warehouse" here, I HATE IT, i was actually asked to leave a couple of weeks ago coz i was so frustrated with the service i was NOT getting

baby asleep in my bed so i better go watch her and too close to her wakeup time to try moving her, but the otherday when she was asleep on my bed i caught her by the head when she was falling off!!! very close call
Old 02-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #282  

Kel my job will be pretty simple. I turn up for work (wearing my 'uniform' of cargo pants, steel cap boots and a supplied shirt), water a few plants, sell a few… and keep the garden centre clean and presentable. They're going to send me off to get my forklift driver's licence - because then I can get a pay rise. And then they're going to teach me the management side of things - too easy!

I'm so looking forward to a stress-free job, where I can get paid to do something I love, and not have to worry about where the money is coming from. And where I'll get paid for holidays and sick leave… I haven't had a holiday in four years, so this will be a big lifestyle change for me.

Well done on your weight loss - at this rate you'll get to 80kg before me!

Julia you sound absolutely worn out. I'm a morning person, and I actually prefer to do my exercise early in the day - mind you, now that I have a job where I will be walking around a garden centre all day, and doing physical work I may not need to worry quite so much about structured exercise.

It's raining here. I know that isn't news to most of you who have been having heaps of rain, but it has been hot, dry and humid here… so the rain is a very welcome relief!

I'm going to spend today packing and cleaning. Now that I don't have to spend half my day applying for jobs, I can concentrate on moving. Still have 70% of a house to pack, so it's going to be a busy week.

Lindor are you around?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #283  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Congratulations on the job Ani, that is such wonderfgul news. The stresses you have been under are coming quickly to a close.. I knopw you still have to move but that is nothing compared to closing your business and finding a job I think you are going to have a great year

Julia im sorry you feel wrotten.. But i hope you the the warehouse with your head up high tomorrow night. I would wave the sucky job good bye with my middle finger lol..

Butter ball i would stick to at least 1500 calories and base between 1500-1800 any lower and i dont think you will lose weight. 1 kg is a big loss you shouldn't be unhappy with that at all

Kel those babies certainly have a way to trey to kill them selves each day lol.. I just love it when they are too young to walk but are anyway (like 9 months old) and have absolutly no concept that if they walk into something it will hurt lol... Its so funny to watch.. My Leah at 9 months could climb . I found her on my kitchen table and she was about to threw herself off the side trying to get at the fruit that she had thrown off and that had squished on the floor lol.. Isn't it amazing the mayhem the can cause when you go to the toilet lol.. I can remember a whole slowmotion kinda feeling as i leaped acroos the room to catch her as she fell head first off the table.. I caught her but i was laying on a copuple of oranges lol .. yum.yum.

I had a good day yesterday 30 minutes elliptical followed by 30 minute ab aerobics. I was happy last night was really crumby. As you know my hubby has gone away . His ols boss owes him for wed,thur and fri, last week and i think becuase he is away they think they can get away with not paying him.. I have 77 cents in the bank . there was $15 in there last night and i went to get it out becuase im broke.and our morgage will go out today. Anyway i went and got it out and my stupid car broke down on the way home. I was so upset , i have no money and no flaming car .. i cryed defeated and broken.. I rang my friend and she aske me a stupiod question i didnt think of... Does it have petrol?? lol oops well it had run out , She brought round a can of fuel and picked me and the kids up, We went and got my car then i drove to the petrol station and used that money on fuel... poop. so now im broke again.. I am frantically searching the web for the bread and potato weight loss diet lmao.. that is all we have in the house.. I wonder if i will gain weight this wekkk hmmmm... oh YES!!! ... BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER
Old 02-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #284  

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Ani! Do you see a light at the end of the tunnel yet? It's coming!

Well done Kel on your loss, remember water, water ,water!!

By the time you go away Julia you'll really need it by the sounds of it! I'm definately NOT a morning person. Takes me at least an hour before I can talk to someone without biting their head off! Hehe!

Amy. I so know where your at at the moment money wise. I'm right there with ya! We have money today but by lunch time, after the bills paid and done a little bit of shopping, I'll be lucky if there's $20 left. Oh well as long as we have our health...........right!

BB I agree with the other girls. You need to start at a higher intake of calories and as you lose the weight drop you calorie intake accordingly.

I think I've gained this week. I feel really bloated and my rings are tight. I'm eating well and have done more walking than normal, so I guess I'll just have to wait till Sat morn and see what the scales say.

Have a nice day girls.

XX
Barb
Old 02-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #285  
It's ME!

HaHa, I am absolutely NOT a morning person but I'm willing to give it a try. I love being at work knowing that I've already done my exercise for the day and I don't have to worry about doing it after work when I don't feel like it.

It's worth giving it a go. I'm always fine when I get out of bed in the morning, it's the getting up that's the challenge. I'm very good at pushing the snooze button while still half asleep. And before you suggest it, my alarm clock is on the other side of the room so I already have to get out of bed to snooze it. In addition to that I put my cellphone alarm on and have that in the next room but I still manage to snooze too much!

Closed Thread