Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 06:47 PM   #106  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Kel I dnt know about the cordial. I dont do diet drinks. I have a paranoia about artificial sweetners doing radical things to the bodys cell growth and change. Also I think it still encourages us to have a sweet tooth. (which is what I am aiming to lose). About the baby food - cheese is good. Eb liked the slice cheese at first, but now eats the block cheese. heinz baby fruit fingers and baby muesli bars are good. the naughty girl has discovered she loves her dadys licorice allsorts (she sneaks and steals them from beside his bed). She comes out with 2 in mouth and one in each hand heheee.

Grapes she has only begun to eat and she loves oranges cut up and skin off, bananas are a favourite. Apples I am still paranoid about the whole choking thing. If you want a dinner that you can actually eat and not have to feed her continuously - potato cubes and other veg as finger foods are good as is meat cut up into managable sizes. a little gravy they love too. Ebony had a thing about textures for a long time and would not eat anything that had a lump until she was about 14 mths old. But she is a wonderful eater now.

Enough of that anyhow, sorry to bore all you others with the baby thing heehee.

Ani did you whipper snipper?

Julia? Is that a muesli with the yoghurt covered bits? I love yoghurt covered bits and can't find it anywhere. I buy ski double up muesli and yoghurt. Have tried doing my own, but I can't find the 'right' muesli. HELP ME PLEASE>>>>

uhooohhh gotta go, little miss emptying conditioner all over coffee table . grrrrr.

Vonni
Old 01-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Vonni if I don't eat breakfast every day I don't lose any weight, and I have come to believe that it is THE most important meal of the day. This is what I have:

• A cup of Uncle Toby's Healthwise for Women cereal
• 6 almonds
• 1/2 a cup of HiLo Milk
• 6 strawberries chopped up
• small handful of blueberries
• 1/4 cup of cranberries
• small handful of green grapes
• 5 pitted prunes chopped up.

It fills my bowl, and it fills me up without leaving me with that sluggish feeling that I get from bread and pasta.

Do you know how many calories you eat every day? It might be worth changing your plan a little bit.

Barb I agree with Kel that 800g/week is a big target. To achieve that you would need to exchange 6160 calories every week, or 880 a day. That would need a big drop in your daily calories as well as a big commitment to exercise.

Are you struggling to find a routine because of school holidays?

Kel you sound super-motivated! I'm really proud of you.

Julia just keep thinking about the great trip that lies at the end of those insane work hours - you'll get there!

Juls - isn't it your weigh-in day today? How did you go?

All good here. I was going to go to the WACA and watch Australia take on India in the cricket today - but the weather forecast is for 36ºC and windy… and it is certainly windy! So I'll wait until Friday.

Ani

PS: Yes I whipper snipped. I am moving into my landlord's sister's house next month, and can't afford to do anything that might jeopardise that. I thought of the calories I was burning while I was doing it

Last edited by PerthChick; 01-15-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #108  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

hi im new to the forums im in adelaide and currently weight 276 pounds. i was 288.8 december 12th 2007 and im on my way down. i am the mother of two kids 7year old boy Cameron and 3 year old girl Leah.

my goal for this year

loose 30 pounds any more will be a bonus

calculate my mataince calories and subract 500 . at the moment my maitance is rough 2450 so im eating 1800- 1900 calories

get better at pilates and do mkore of the moves

buy my high energy workouts . as the one i do now are on at either 130pm or 6 am ( the 6 am when is not gonna happen with two kids trying to sleep in the house)

get to 12kms in 30 minutes on the elliptical machine i do 9km in 30 at the moment.

walk my son to schoolin the morning more in the often then i drive him..3km trip there an back i shouldn't be so lazy lol.im sure i can manage 3 kms lol. My daughter is too tired in the afternoon to walk so morning will have to do.

continue to write my daily journel and continue using fitday . they both really help
Old 01-15-2008, 08:22 PM   #109  

Hey Amy, big welcome to Aussie Chicks

Sounds like you have a really good plan worked out. This is a great forum for support and being accountable to each other - also great for weight loss information, venting frustration and feeling connected to other people who understand what it's like to try and lose a lot of weight.

I'm Ani - and I've been here for almost 18 months. In that time I've lost over 24kg (54lb), and I still have a long way to go. But I'm a slow and steady kind of girl…

Looking forward to hearing more from you, and watching your journey unfold throughout 2008.

Ani
Old 01-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #110  

Height: 5'5"

Amy. Another SA girl in the mix. I was starting to to feel a bit lonely!

I agree with you too Kel, and yes its hard to find a routine while the kids at home. I can't go for a walk early in the morning because if I get up so do they, so that defeats the purpose of getting up early and by the time they're all taken care of in the evenings I'm stuffed! It's only another 2 or so weeks before they go back to school so I guess I'll eat well for now and walk again once they're back. I have no idea how the whole weight watchers points thing works, and don't have the spare $ to go to meetings at the moment.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #111  
Blue Team Member

thnaks guys im in the southern suburbs of adelaide how about you barbegirl71 ?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #112  

Height: 5'5"

I'm way out in the North! Hopefully going more Nth Eastern, TTG, Houghton, up that way, later this year or early next.

XX
Barb
Old 01-15-2008, 11:46 PM   #113  
Blue Team Member

my best friend live in modbury north a few roads back from ttp. im in Reynella
Old 01-15-2008, 11:56 PM   #114  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

barb, weightwatchers has points for every food, some food is no points like some veges and some food has heaps like chocolate and you are allowed a certain number of points every day and if you exercise you have bonus points BUT if you dont have the books (you can buy them off ebay) BUT calorieking is very similar and educational

calorieking.com.au it is Gen's secret.... but it tells you how many calories you can eat each day and then has a bit where you type in what you have eaten and it adds the calories up and tells you what you have left and stuff.... i used to 'cheat' and eat m&ms and still be within my calories for the day needless to say i didnt lose a heap of weight because i would sometimes go overboard with the quantities of m&ms but i at least i knew exactly where i was going wrong go check it out and put in your days meals into it i reckon you will be shocked at what the good bits and bad bits of your meal were - also it helps to put quantities into perspective...... chicken stirfry with rice is an awesome meal but NOT if you have a whole cup of rice on your plate, when you measure out a 1/4 of a cup it is still enough to fill you up but hundreds less calories!!! i always found rice and pototae and things like that were where i was going wrong and didnt even know it

i am going to calorieking now tosee how many calories were in the subway i had today the side of my coke zero said i had 1.8calories there and so as long as the sub i had was less than or equal to a shake or other optifast product i wont feel like i cheated to badly....

ps - yep ani super motivated at the moment, i figure if i am going to 'miss' out on a heap of the good meals that i am cooking for benji then it may as well be worth it!!! tomorrow is weigh in day ihave not lost anywhere near as much as last week but the scales are still moving down (went up briefly on friday last week but now down again) (expected fluctuation during the week so it has been really interesting to watch)
Old 01-16-2008, 12:01 AM   #115  

vonni - thanks heaps for the baby food ideas, cubed potato sounds good and gravy and stuff.... i think jemima is going to be like abbey and not be impressed with chunky bits for a couple of months yet, but i am proud of her sometimes when she eats some pasta and bread and stuff

DAMN went to calorie king and my sub was like 354 calories or something!!! about 200 more calories than a shake and a bout 150 or so more than a bar or strawberry optifast shake.... oh well will have my veges tonight and think about wheather or not to have an optifast dessert
Old 01-16-2008, 12:20 AM   #116  

barb - how old are your kids??? can they go for a walk with you while on holidays??? can they start their own fat farm for you??? (you know what i mean!) can they put their joggers on and take mum for a walk around the block??? do you have a dog??? if so pretend you are doing it for the dog!
can they start to be a **** about your food intake??? as annoying as it will be having the two of them tell you not to eat the chocolate may just work?? test their maths skills buy buying a calorie counting book and getting them to add up your intake for the day??
Old 01-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #117  
It's ME!

Oh what a beautiful day. It's going to be a scorcher here today and I can't stop thinking about the idea of taking half a day off work so that I can enjoy it. Must save my leave though ......

Good day yesterday with food and exercise etc. Unfortunately today I forgot to bring any food for my lunch so I'll have to splash out and buy something.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-16-2008, 05:56 PM   #118  

Julia I think we're in for a scorcher too - expecting 40ºC. Blurk!

Still got four weeks until I move house and it's messing with my head. All my routines are gone out the window, and I just can't seem to settle. I hate these times when you feel like you're in limbo. HATE them!

But I'll just try and take it one day at a time, because I can't change the things that are outside my control. Today I'll aim to eat 1500 calories and drink 2L of water. Not sure about walking in this heat - I'll see how I go.

Ani
Old 01-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #119  
It's ME!

Gawd I'm unobservant. I didn't notice page 8 when I posted this morning so I've just come back in and seen all those posts above me!

Welcome to Amy I'll look forward to seeing you checking in here It's a daily routine for me and really helps me stay focused and motivated. I also write a food and training journal which I find to be a huge help.

Vonni, bircher muesli is an type of muesli that you soak in water overnight so it's really moist. The proper homemade stuff is divine - grated apple in it which is delish. The stuff I buy has dehydrated fruit pieces in it so once it's been soaked overnight they're all nice and soft and puffy. I put a serving in a container every night before bed, cover it with water and then just chuck some yoghurt over it in the morning and it's good to go.

Ani it sounds like we've got the same weather although it's probably 10 degrees cooler here. It's about 28-30 and windy here. I'm so enjoying the heat at the moment and I hope it lasts for ages!

One downside is that it'll be revolting in the gym tonight as they don't have aircon. I guess I'll get a lot more sweating done
Old 01-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Right! As of Monday, I have around 6 weeks til I start work in the US (if paperwork comes thru etc!) so I am getting back into it HARD!!

As of Monday:
- Drink 2-3L water/diet cordial per day
- Exercise EVERY day for at least 30 mins
- At least 1 PT session/wk (need to use them up b4 I go)
- Track all my food!
- Eat no more than 1600 cals/day.

Sprinkle me some of that willpower dust!!
Closed Thread