Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:28 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

My new landlord just phoned, and I am finally going to get to see inside the house I am going to move into. I'm meeting her there on Friday, so I'll feel better once I know what it is.

I've applied for five jobs this morning. I decided that I would apply for at least five every day until I have some success. I'm also going to keep my hand in with freelance writing, and have set myself a goal of selling one article/month to magazines and newspapers.

And I've been roped into doing some volunteer work. Over the next few months I'm going to write a series of policy documents, and train volunteers - that will be great.

For fun I've got a small group of people together and we're going to 'Explore WA', doing regular day trips and just getting out of the city.

In terms of weight loss, I understand the stress that my body is carrying because of all the change and upheaval that's happening in my life. I'm not going to put unrealistic expectations on my body at this time, but I've made a promise that I will eat the best food I can afford, and the most nutritious, so that I can try and keep my body strong and healthy while going through these life changes.

If I can get close to 80kg by next Monday's weigh-in I will be thrilled.

Gen I find that my achilles is much, much worse when I exercise or do a lot of walking - but I don't know what you can do about it.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:02 AM   #227  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

go go go go barb!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:46 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Excellent - my PT was sick so the gym called to cancel my appointment. Let's just say I wasn't heartbroken lol. I did take the dogs for a long walk by riding my bike while they ran!!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #229  

Hello,

I was on the site awhile ago and posted in the old thread but figure I will re-introduce myself.

I am 19 and live in Sydney. I'm hoping that coming back to this site and trying my hardest will really get me the results that I want.

Hopefully I will get to know you all a little better!

Can anyone enlighten me as to how much a Personal Trainer in Sydney costs? I am REALLY tight on money but I think I really need someone to kick my butt to do this even someone who lived close by me would be nice but I just don't know anyone
Old 01-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #230  

Where do you live, Ash? I know of a great group of girls who share a PT from 6-7am three times a week which is only $20 each per session (I used to be in the group, but I moved to Melbourne).

May be an idea for you if you can get 2-4 people together? The PTs we checked out were mostly around $60-100 per hour, with discounts if you pay for a block of sessions upfront.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #231  
It's ME!

Good luck with the new house Ani, I hope it's perfect for you It sounds like you've got a great plan for how you're going to attack things with your life changing so much. I'd wish you all the best but I know you don't need it because you'll do awesome regardless

Gen, look after that injury mate! It would be terrible if it got any worse. Are you seeing a physio for it at all?

Welsome to Ashory you've found an awesome group of women here. I hope we can help you to achieve your goals.

As for me, yesterday wasn't perfect like Monday but it was pretty damn good. I ate pretty well, had a pinky marshmallow egg after dinner but that was my only major sin and I'm fine with that. Had another good session at the gym, did my weights and a 20 minute run.

Goal for today: eat well and do at least 40 minutes walking at the gym tonight.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:24 PM   #232  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Oops had a packet of twisties and a milky way yesterday. BUT I am not ging to beat myself up over it. I have been prtty good. BTW Mondays weigh in I was another 600gm down, but if I change my ticker it goes down to 71kg. NOT 71.4. damn I want it to show prperly not the whole kilo. even 71.9 shows as 71, anyone any ideas. G' luck with the house Ani. Welcome Ashory. Congrats all who had a loss this week and all who maintained. chin up those who didn't.

Vonni
Old 01-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #233  

I had to drop my car off to get fixed this morning, and I was going to get the train home (4 stations). Ended up deciding to walk - it was about 6 or 7km, took 85 mins.

REALLY wanted to go up and get something sweet to eat last night but I had some fruit and resisted.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #234  

Height: 5'5"

I didn't lose 800g Kel, I stayed the same, which is better than going up.

I had a great day diet wise yesterday. I'm not sure how many calories I ate. Last week I sat here and put a days worth of food into fitday and it took me two bloody hours!

I donated blood too so there's a guaranteed 500g weight loss this week!

XX
Barb

P.S

Anyone else with kids enjoy the silence?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:45 AM   #235  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

barb, the art of maintenence i reckon is harder than losing weight.
hopefully when i weigh in tomorrow i have stayed the same, the amount of take away food i have eaten this week is just disgusting, but i put it in my mouth so i am willing to cop the consequences, i enjoyed takeaway and movie with girlfriends last night etc etc i am not going to make excuses as i dont think there really is any excuse for not losing weight, it all scientific, if i eat less than the calories i use then i will lose weight, i have not done that everyday this week so i most likely wont lose weight.

jemima just woke up coz some piece of toy of hers started singing randomly, that is very annoying!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:46 AM   #236  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Yes barb I was counting down till the very SECOND the kids went off to school. However I still have one at home, but she went to daycare on Tuesday so I had the morning to myself before I went to work. And her sleep times are wonderful and peaceful, allbut hectic. I am studying madly as I was away when my books arrived and I have 7 units to do work for before Friday. I have also been trying to get the house in some sort of order. Great guns Gen walking that distance Kel never mind the slip. I have been horrible all week really when I reflect. And today I had some danish with a friend and a bag of lollies tonight. Now I feel sick so serves me right. Will catch up with all tomorrow
Von
Old 01-30-2008, 07:55 AM   #237  

Thanks for the welcomes! COngrats to everyone who has had a loss! Hopefully I will be able to say I have had a loss soon too!! To everyone else keep trying and I'm sure we will all have a loss SOON!

Augigi - I live in the Parramatta area. But that is a great idea!! I didn't even think that was possible.... Do you generally need to be a part of a gym to get a personal trainer? I am REALLY strapped for cash but don't see why that should be an excuse not to lose weight but I really do feel like I need someone to guide me...
Old 01-30-2008, 08:42 AM   #238  

No, they don't have to be associated with a gym. Our PT just trained us in the local park. I found my group of girls via a post on the weight watchers message boards.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #239  
It's ME!

Good morning everyone

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Was dog tired by about 10:30pm last night but had to keep slogging away until work finished at midnight. Had washing that couldn't wait (gym gear) so had to do that when I got home and didn't get to bed until 1am. Boy will I be glad when I can stop working such long hours.

Diet was pretty good and I did a 40 minute walk at the gym. Goal for today is to find something cheap and healthy to eat for my lunch as I didn't bring anything with me to work. Gym tonight will be my circuit programme which lasts around 40 minutes.

29.5 hours of work left and then I get a day and a half of weekend to relax

Have a great day ladies
Old 01-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #240  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

von dont you find one on its own is nice and quiet anyway?? lol My daughter is very quiet on her own lol..

Hi ashory

Yesturday was anotheer mixed up day lol John took my car and i had his ute . which is playing up . i took it to the fruit an veg store and hardly made it there it kept konking out at the lights lol.. When i got home finally i called my dad . because it was making the sound your stove makes when it lights up lol.. and whilst on the phone i noticed a sprk jumping form the in of the main coil lead onto the coil. Dad said he had one and i know i dont have to stop at lights to get to dads place so i drove round there . we chnaged the spark plugs and dad tested the leads with his machine and found the main lead was stuffed and said i was lucky it was runnig at all . $18 later the car was fixed.. and all i could think is if i had taken it to the mechanic it would have cost me 200 lol.. we decided since we were on a roll we would replace the broken vet window. John locked his keys in the car and had borken that windo a few months back . lol Ummm we had to pull the whole door apart to fix it wecouldn't just get the glass out of the one we got from the wreckers. which is a pain since its one that hold on with one screw and some rubber. lol. The car is a 91 hilux ute and the vent window sits above the door molding lol.. but no we had toi pull the door apart and then i put the trim on the wrong side og\f the main window so we had to pull it apart again and do it over.. We spent 3 -4 hours sweating and laughing so it wasdn't so bad.. Dad said well that was stupid bloody blonde girl .. so i said i take after my father never get it right the first time but dont give up till i get it right lol.. We had a great day and dad gave me a hug and said it was great doing something together it had been a long time since we had..

I was tuffed last night i went to bed at 8 pm lol . and all my muscles ache today so fixing cars is some kind of workout lol.. .
time to wake up the kids . or cam wont get to school lol.. its dark here this morning and its 740 oops lool.. bye
Closed Thread