Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #256  
It's ME!

Congrats to Barb for maintaining and to Amy and Lindor for your losses. Great work ladies

I'll be weighing in today but am not feeling particularly optimistic.

At the moment I'm on hold to NorthWest airlines for the second time trying to sort out something for work. I held for 10 minutes and they hung up on me so now I'm trying again. Bleedin annoying!

Was really tired this morning and struggled to wake up. Wednesday is a public holiday here so I'll be looking forward to a sleep in.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #257  
It's ME!

Me back again. I've had a *#@% of a day and the upshot is that I've decided that working all these crazy hours is getting to be too much for me and I'm going to hand in my notice at the night job tonight. To make up for the lost earnings I'm going to top up my personal loan from the bank but pay it off over the same period of time. All looks very do-able on paper so that's a relief.

I ended up stressing out this morning to the point where I wound up hiding in the toilets crying and that's no bl00dy good.

So that's my big news for the day. I hope you've all had a better day than me!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Sounds like a good move, Julia - I don't know how you've done it for this long!

Ani, I don't think I can give you much advice given my recent form, but you're SO CLOSE to 80kg, so keep it up, champ! If only I had the gift of words like you do when we are struggling...

I'm down 1.4kg this week.. all my walking must have helped.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:49 AM   #259  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Well done for the losses. Julia plz dont gt burnt out. Its great that you realise when you can't take any more so giving notice sounds like the right thing for you.

I weighed in this morning but saw no real change. George arrived yesterday so I can't say I am suprised. Will get a more accurate result next week. Here's just hoping it is in the negative.

Ani chin up. I reckon you just need to go and get yrself in the shower with some really loud music playing and have a bawl. You may feel lighter afterwards. But I feel all things happening for you right now are positive. (excepting that bloody housemate)
Old 02-04-2008, 01:50 AM   #260  
Am I a senior too?

Oh guess what guess what

PS PS PS

I did a whole 20 MINUTES on the elliptical yesterday woohoo how cool is that?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #261  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

hi hi
lindor they copied your idea!!!!! this charity is walking up mt everest but they need a whole freakin team and you are doing it by yourself so you go girl!!!

ani - you are 400 grams away from 80!!!! go go go go go go go go go.... just get it gone so you can regroup and focus on next goal!!!!!

me - getting back down slowly, REALLY peeved, i have one "naughty" meal a week and saved it all week for mexican last night, get there and they dont have margaritas OR fajitas so i had a diet coke and some chilli beef thing oh and i was served by an asian with old fashion trumpet music playing NOT mexican trumpet music, it was just not the mexican experience i had hoped for and still cost me and benji $55, it was a friends fave restaurant.... we have to take them out coz mexican my fave meal.....

tomorrow lunch with a friend, so i will try and buy a salad or vege thing, i am more concerned about pub lunch on wednesday, i have not had it for a month fitting in with shakes diet but the girls are begging for it so i am going - pub lunch = roast and veges so i can eat around the fat and leave the potato and not do too much damage EXCEPT it is the day before 'weigh in'

i take it we are ALL watching the biggest loser!!??? i am HATING the attitudes of basically all of them thinking like they couldnt do it without being on tv..... but being completly jealous of them having NOTHING else to do but exercise and lose weight, if i had a month no jemima, no job, i would make NO excuse and get rid of 10kg..... but watching the show made me realise why it has been so hard, and that with 'life' happening it is hard to lose weight but that it should not be an excuse and you have to make time for it.... i didnt go to gym today coz jemima was sleeping, but i still could have tried to make my cross trainer (which i think is an ellipitcal thing) to work ..... i still made sure to go for walk with the dogs this arvo though (but then had a choc hedgehog slice at friends house followed by a choccy bicky when i got home and a mini meringue (made by me for benji) and a milo.........) grrrrrrrrr

oh amy - carrot carrot carrot for you not being stuck anymore that rocks

and carrots for everyone that lost weight!!!!!! carrot carrot carrot
Old 02-04-2008, 09:31 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Kel I got the sh!ts with The Biggest Loser tonight. Must be related to where I'm at with my own weight loss - but the pathetic excuses of: "I need to be here to save my life" and "I won't be attractive/find a partner until I'm slim and beautiful". Pfft! What a crock.

And then they train them like crazy, put them on super-restricted diets - and do it all for "entertainment". I read a blog from one of the American Biggest Loser contestants (she came 2nd last year), and she fully trashed the show and said they exploit the contestants. She also made the point that they don't get any counselling or emotional support while losing weight.

I still think that the way we're doing it is the best way to lose weight and keep it off.

I'm sure I'll get back on track. It's a really disruptive and tough time for me - but I'm going to be super disappointed with myself if I can't apply the lessons of the last 18 months to TODAY. Just because life is chaotic, the fact remains that I still have to eat - it's up to me to CHOOSE to do that in a healthy way. It's just tough, but important to do.

Anyway - it's bedtime. I promise to weigh in tomorrow and try and get back on track.

Ani
Old 02-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #263  
It's ME!

Congrats Gen on your weight loss, that's really fantastic. Unfortunately I weighed in at 83.4 which is 800g up from last weigh in. Disappointing but not surprising as I've had a few slip ups lately. Not to mention the roast pork with crackling I had at mum's on Sunday night

I handed in my notice at The Warehouse last night and my last day will be this Friday. I felt bad as they're pretty badly short staffed but I feel that it's the right decision for me so I'm looking forward to winding that up.

I'm a bit nervous about what's going to happen to my routine once I have my evenings back. One huge benefit of working every night is that I wasn't snacking which is something I find really hard not to do when I'm sitting at home in the evenings. I'm going to aim to continue going to the gym every night after work and now I'll be able to enjoy it a bit more and not be quite so rushed.

Goal for today: no eating crap!!

Old 02-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #264  
Am I a senior too?

Julia u sound llike a weight has been lifted aready. Can't wait to see yr posts in a couple of weeks time.

Nope I dnt watch the biggest loser. Every now n then during each series I will flick to it for a minute or watch one episode, but usually end up in tears. I actually think it is cruel. Pushing them until they throw up? Thats NOT healthy. Or safe. And doesnt do much for self esteem either. And exercise SHOULD NOT hurt. Yes it should get uncomfortable as your body gets to its limit, but thats a natural thing. That is the body saying stop before you do damage. And the whole food thing doesnt really teach them about lifestyle. Okay I will shut up now. I could go on forever.

Ani I echo Kel and Gen... you are so close that even I am getting excited for you. this little voice in my head is going go go go! hehe!

I am going for my massage today. The other half bought a voucher for my birthday last year and I finally have a morning to go. So I am going now to get kids lunches and drop little one to daycare. Pity I have to work after lunch. I coulda come home and chilled out for the day. Oh well.

Vonni.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

I am home for two weeks, then away for work for one week. On my return from that week I am on four weeks leave. The day after I finish work I am on my way to Esperance to catch up with friends!! Will be away for three weeks, then one week at home to recover before going back to work - or maybe that is to prepare myself for going back to work?

Hang in there Ani, you know what is upsetting your weight-loss journey, and you know that is going to end soon. Even if you just stick to achieving one goal for the time being - water, walking or calories - it is still going in the right direction.

Well done Gen on your loss! 1.4kg is excellent!

And Vonni...how do your legs feel today?

I bought Pringles yesterday. And Smoked Almonds. I haven't had any of either item yet, but I have separated them into portions. I figure if I can do it with the chocolate and Tim Tams (and I have done for over a month now), it is time to try the Pringles and Almonds! And I wasn't even tempted to sneak a taste while I was separating them!

I am feeling in a good place dietwise, not so alright in other areas of life, but feeling good about the weight-loss for now. Maybe that is because I feel it is the only area I can sorta control just now???
Old 02-04-2008, 06:25 PM   #266  

I'm UP 0.5kg - bugger!

Right!!! Today I will aim for less than 1600 calories - and that's the only goal I will set. Tomorrow I have a job interview, then in less than two weeks I will be moving house. If I can't knock off this ONE lousy kilo while packing/lifting/shifting/unpacking I will feel ripped off!

Julia - good move. It sounds like you were wearing yourself out.

Vonni, most of the Biggest Loser contestants put weight back on after the show.

Lindor you're going great guns matey - good on you!
Old 02-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #267  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

i read somewhere most of the bl poeple are as big as the y ever were some bigger a couple still skinny.. I bet the skinny ones went to a nutritionalist or a surgeon after the show lol.. I know im very sarcastic lol..

John flew away this morning they confirmed his flight laste yesterday afternoon .. which left us packing like mad. lol luckily i had already sorted out the tubing to put his rods in The kids are fine and Cameron hapily went to school today . Leah is still sick from the week end so its hard to tell if she feels bad becuase of daddy or becuase of the sausage lol. which reminds me i need to ring thr butcher that sold them and tell him what the manufacturer said was in them.. as he is selling them as preservative free .

Anyway ill stay on track and hope to exercise not today mind you i have been awake since 4.30am and im feeling so tired.. lol .. We woke the kids at 6 am so I have left a note with Camerons teacher with my number on it so if he gets tired she can call and i will pick him up.

You guys are all doing good im glad about that . night night lol.. im gonna go lay down ..
Old 02-05-2008, 06:36 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Got my passport back with the visa in it today, and booked my flights. I leave two weeks from next Monday. Eeeek!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:48 AM   #269  

TWO WEEKS? Nooooooooooooooooo!

I hope you're going to keep us posted, be our Aussie Chick Abroad
Old 02-05-2008, 07:34 AM   #270  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

lindor i know exactly what you mean about weight loss being the only thing in your control... exactly..... but it is bad in a way coz then you get SO p!ssed off and so upset when you stuff it up... i sometimes feel "how hard is it" honestly.... but then knowing it IS in my control kicks my butt into gear the next day or meal

if biggest loser was big brother that Sheridan chick would be voted off.... she is not not married or whateva coz she is "fat" she is not married coz she is freakin annoying, i couldnt watch it all tonight but enough to get the gist for tomorrow night ho hum

tell me vietenmese rice paper rolls are healthy! i had 2 with mostly capsicum and carrot in them and just shakes and a bit of jemima's left overs so hopefully publunch tomorrow does not make too much of an impact on me trying toget back to the lowest weight i have been yet 82.6 then next week i get lower just in time for jemima's birthday i doubt i can get to 80 by her birthday which is sunday 17th but i know i can get close

my baby projectiled vomited everywhere... no not everywhere just all over me.... nice

gen i missed your post last time i was here 1.4kg is MASSIVE you rock!! carrot carrot carrot!!!!!! and how exicting 2 weeks to go! and yes u have to keep in touch u still aussie chick aussie aussie aussie OI OI OI!!!

Last edited by smylie; 02-05-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Closed Thread